Baby feeding

annie

aiyo hush hush dun cry..

well.. think it positively.. fat is not good! prone to all sorts of health problems as they get older.. skinny is better than obese lor. anyway fat but always sick then makes u a good mummy meh? alicia small size but as long as she is healthy can liao ma. ppl here know u r doing your best n always does things in her interest. believe in yourself n insist that u r doing your best. shoo those ignorant comments.

uddermummy

ya.. health is still more impt.. anyway, yday i broke down and cried at nite coz of the buildup of pp (strangers and relatives alike) telling me how small my dear daughter is (as if i can't see for myself!)... i know that a healthy and happy baby's more impt than a fat baby but i just can't help feeling so upset that despite the fact that my dear daughter's eating and drinking, she's just not putting on (much) weight. I've already done my best and I believe i've put in much much more effort than many people but yet my dear daughter's still so small-sized.. People just look at her small build and just think i'm a bad mummy.. makes me so mad and so sad. :(
sayang, snowbear. Pple are like that one. Don't bother too much about them. I think you're too kind. If i were you, i would have blown my top and effed all of them! :001_302: Tell these brainless pple off-- it's none of their effing biz!

My dd is also v small and only puts on about 700-800g every month. But whenever I see how cute and lively she is, I'll just forget the comments from PITA pple.

Alicia looks so cute and lively! She's doing well and you're a great mummy! :Dancing_wub:

hstan15

hi all

how can we tell if our baby is overweight? my gal was born at 2.6 kg, now almost 5 mtsh and i think she weigh 7 kg now.. is it a lot?

uddermummy

hi all

how can we tell if our baby is overweight? my gal was born at 2.6 kg, now almost 5 mtsh and i think she weigh 7 kg now.. is it a lot?
your dd's weight sounds quite all right to me. My dd's birth weight was 2.7kg and she's now about 6.3 kg at 5 mths. Her weight is slight cos of her reflux, so yours should be quite all right.

apollo

ya.. health is still more impt.. anyway, yday i broke down and cried at nite coz of the buildup of pp (strangers and relatives alike) telling me how small my dear daughter is (as if i can't see for myself!)... i know that a healthy and happy baby's more impt than a fat baby but i just can't help feeling so upset that despite the fact that my dear daughter's eating and drinking, she's just not putting on (much) weight. I've already done my best and I believe i've put in much much more effort than many people but yet my dear daughter's still so small-sized.. People just look at her small build and just think i'm a bad mummy.. makes me so mad and so sad. :(
*slap them* & *sayang* snowbear mummy...

i'm sure pd has told u if ur girl is growing well anot... i know hw u feel... though we often say "ignore those unwanted comments" but it's really hard... but i feel that if u feed ur girl foods which has the nutrients she needs, it is very good alrdy...

and who sayd u're a bad mummy??? u're a good mummy!!! dun forget, u give her the best milk in world!

apollo

hi all

i think is okay cos dear son was 2.9kilo when born and now is 2mth + and he's weighing 6.3kilo, pediatrician also say is okay as long as he can eat well poo well :tlaugh:

apollo

sayang, snowbear. Pple are like that one. dont't bother too much about them. I think you're too kind. If i were you, i would have blown my top and effed all of them! :001_302: Tell these brainless pple off-- it's none of their effing biz!

My dear daughter is also very small and only puts on about 700-800g every month. But whenever I see how cute and lively she is, I'll just forget the comments from PITA pple.

Alicia looks so cute and lively! She's doing well and you're a great mummy! :Dancing_wub:
i also cannot take those comments esp when ppl sounds like i'm a bad mother when i'm doing everything for my son's sake.. so i told hubby that in future if his aunt comment anything, i'll NOT give anyone face alrdy, just snap back until i song! :tlaugh:

snowbear

aiyo hush hush dont cry..

well.. think it positively.. fat is not good! prone to all sorts of health problems as they get older.. skinny is better than obese . anyway fat but always sick then makes you a good mummy meh? alicia small size but as long as she is healthy can . ppl here know you are doing your best and always does things in her interest. believe in yourself and insist that you are doing your best. shoo those ignorant comments.
sayang, snowbear. Pple are like that one. dont't bother too much about them. I think you're too kind. If i were you, i would have blown my top and effed all of them! :001_302: Tell these brainless pple off-- it's none of their effing biz!

My dear daughter is also very small and only puts on about 700-800g every month. But whenever I see how cute and lively she is, I'll just forget the comments from PITA pple.

*slap them* & *sayang* snowbear mummy...

i'm sure pediatrician has told you if your girl is growing well anot... i know hw you feel... though we often say "ignore those unwanted comments" but it's really hard... but i feel that if you feed your girl foods which has the nutrients she needs, it is very good alrdy...

and who sayd you're a bad mummy??? you're a good mummy!!! dont forget, you give her the best milk in world!
Thanks annie, uddermummy and regina... :)

Alicia's birth wt was 2.4kg. Ever since she reached 6.3kg at 5mths, she put on wt super slowly and got really stagnant at 7.2kg, which the doc and lactation consultant said is ok coz she tripled her birthwt by 1 year old. It didn't help that she fell sick once and lost super precious wt that she took soooo long to put on. So she's still just slightly heavier now, maybe 7.4kg? Sigh... it's difficult to ignore people's comments but i try my best. Sometimes i just try to ignore but after some time the frustration builds up and i just explode again. I think this is the third time? Anyway, i think alicia's too active that's why she can't put on much wt. Now she's into climbing my sofa... imagine my horror when i saw her sitting on the sofa and typing away on my laptop and grinning away at me when i just walked away for awhile to put something in the kitchen... she's a super imitator... always imitating my actions.. hehe

uddermummy

Your Alicia's weight gain is better than my dd's. :p

But thank goodness I haven't been seeing much of my relatives or they will have tons to say about her weight. But i think I'm v obvious in showing my displeasure, so usually they will keep quiet when they see my face turning black. :001_302:

annie

lol alicia so cute! my girl dosent seem that much of a 'human' yet leh lol. she is due for her 10mths checkup tmr.. then here we got to fill in a questionaire before we go.. usually they will ask bout her physical developement n then every time, she will be able to do all that was being asked on the questionaire but this time..there is one which she cant do 'imitate my actions'. hai~ i try to teach her to wave bye bye n clap since she was 7mths old! but till now sh still cannot... my mum say she teach my sis son a few days then he can do that when he was 7mths liao. i think he same age as alicia. now tell him to share his toys he will really pass the toy to u! i wonder when my girl can do that..

alicia being active should be one of the reason. also, i heard bb should sleep more to grow. is she sleeping enough? n her age, she should be on 3 meals a day liao isnt it? is she?

snowbear

lol alicia so cute! my girl dosent seem that much of a 'human' yet lol. she is due for her 10mths checkup tomorrow.. then here we got to fill in a questionaire before we go.. usually they will ask bout her physical developement and then every time, she will be able to do all that was being asked on the questionaire but this time..there is one which she cant do 'imitate my actions'. hai~ i try to teach her to wave bye bye and clap since she was 7mths old! but till now sh still cannot... my mum say she teach my sis son a few days then he can do that when he was 7mths . i think he same age as alicia. now tell him to share his toys he will really pass the toy to you! i wonder when my girl can do that..

alicia being active should be one of the reason. also, i heard baby should sleep more to grow. is she sleeping enough? and her age, she should be on 3 meals a day isnt it? is she?
Alicia also passes toys and whatever she's holding onto to people nowadays. And she's still into transferring stuff from one box to another... Babies are just soooo cute...

She sleeps between 111/2hrs to 14hrs+. Should be enuff right? I think i read somewhere that it's ok for her age. She's on 2 main meals of some form of carbohydrates, veg and fish. Her third meal is a small snack of muffins and fruits. There's just not enuff time in the day to feed her... :tlaugh: but she likes rice now and the amt of rice she ate yday was more than my usual portion before i was preggie.. :tlaugh::tlaugh:hopefully she can grow, grow, grow!!!! She's going for her pneumococal booster jab this friday...

annie

huh she eats more than u?? jumpy is still on a bb bowl of porridge(3 tablespoon of rice grains) per meal+ fruits+ water after meal.

jumpy dun even know how to put her toys into a box lor.. faint. when did alicia start doing those?

hmm jumpy only sleep like 10hrs at night and 1-3hrs nap in the day.. so same as alicia. yes should be enough. i read somewhere that average is 11hrs night sleep n 3hrs nap.

apollo

Thanks annie, uddermummy and regina... :)

Alicia's birth wt was 2.4kg. Ever since she reached 6.3kg at 5mths, she put on wt super slowly and got really stagnant at 7.2kg, which the doc and lactation consultant said is ok coz she tripled her birthwt by 1 year old. It didn't help that she fell sick once and lost super precious wt that she took soooo long to put on. So she's still just slightly heavier now, maybe 7.4kg? Sigh... it's difficult to ignore people's comments but i try my best. Sometimes i just try to ignore but after some time the frustration builds up and i just explode again. I think this is the third time? Anyway, i think alicia's too active that's why she can't put on much wt. Now she's into climbing my sofa... imagine my horror when i saw her sitting on the sofa and typing away on my laptop and grinning away at me when i just walked away for awhile to put something in the kitchen... she's a super imitator... always imitating my actions.. hehe
if next time ppl show off to u how heavy is their baby compare to urs, show off to them how clever alicia is! haha!! :tlaugh:

i know it's v diffi to ignore such extra comments.. me too... hubby's aunt loves to give those unwanted comments & 'advices'... inlaws are planning for a picnic sometime in sep, dont feel lik going cos of such BMW... :embarrassed:

hstan15

hi mummies

how do we know if our baby is big size or overweight? my gal going to 5 mtsh and alraedy ppl cant bel she is jus 5 mths.. looks like 1 yr old baby.. so scare she will grow up become big size or fat girl like the parents

apollo

hi mummies

how do we know if our baby is big size or overweight? my gal going to 5 mtsh and alraedy ppl cant bel she is just 5 mths.. looks like 1 your old baby.. so scare she will grow up become big size or fat girl like the parents
ds also.. he 10weeks old but 6.6kilo alrdy.. alot ppl tot he 4-5mths old.. e worst is, he only 60cm, dont know will too short anot =(

abt the weight i not so wry cause alot ppl told me once they start to crawl and walk, they will slim down :tlaugh:

snowbear

if next time ppl show off to you how heavy is their baby compare to urs, show off to them how clever alicia is! haha!! :tlaugh:

i know it's very diffi to ignore such extra comments.. me too... hubby's aunt loves to give those unwanted comments & 'advices'... inlaws are planning for a picnic sometime in sep, dont feel lik going cos of such BMW... :embarrassed:
haha.. find some excuse not to go... :D

snowbear

huh she eats more than you?? jumpy is still on a baby bowl of porridge(3 tablespoon of rice grains) per meal+ fruits+ water after meal.

jumpy dont even know how to put her toys into a box .. faint. when did alicia start doing those?

hmm jumpy only sleep like 10hrs at night and 1-3hrs nap in the day.. so same as alicia. yes should be enough. i read somewhere that average is 11hrs night sleep and 3hrs nap.
can't rem when she started taking things out of the box... been quite awhile already.. jumpy eats quite a bit! I wish alicia can eat MORE.. but my mum says that alicia's eating ok.. she's been eating about 1/4 cup of rice or more for a meal recently. Hope she keeps up her eating spree.. but she pissed me off today by spitting out even her favourite beans. In the end, she still ate some wholegrain cereal as finger food, cod with applesauce and 6T of veggies... phew.

annie

wah 1/4 cup! thats alot! ive never tried to increase her intake cos she taking a full bowl liao. cant squeeze in anymore unless i plan to refill.. but then i dun really mind if she is not eating more cos i read that they only need about 3/4 bowl of carbo.. she is taking more than that liao so im fine with it. hubby always say im giving her too much porridge when he see the bowl so full lol.

today went for her 10mths checkup.. she is now 70.3cm n weighs 8.22kg.. only puts on 500g since may!

snowbear

wah 1/4 cup! thats alot! ive never tried to increase her intake cos she taking a full bowl . cant squeeze in anymore unless i plan to refill.. but then i dont really mind if she is not eating more cos i read that they only need about 3/4 bowl of carbo.. she is taking more than that so im fine with it. hubby always say im giving her too much porridge when he see the bowl so full lol.

today went for her 10mths checkup.. she is now 70.3cm and weighs 8.22kg.. only puts on 500g since may!
Their weight gain slows down a lot when they get older, even though they're taking in solids. Oh well. Just look at my alicia... been at 7+kg for ages...