Bird nest and Chinese herbs

crazycat

Hi crazycat

I take all kinds of chinese herbs during my pregnancy. My mum will cook it with meat, for the whole family to eat. So i never cared much. Till now, i feel ok lei.
Oh ok... cos my gynae suggested that it best not to take herbal medicine... but those red dates and wolfberries should be ok... So i was just curious... Cos we used to take ling zhi every week... and was wondering if it's safe for me to take now... =/ *my first pregnancy so a little... erm.. protective... LOL~

maneo0302

Oh ok... cos my gynae suggested that it best not to take herbal medicine... but those red dates and wolfberries should be ok... So i was just curious... Cos we used to take ling zhi every week... and was wondering if it's safe for me to take now... =/ *my first pregnancy so a little... erm.. protective... LOL~
Me too...I don't know whether to avoid or not. But I try not to take cooling food e.g.bitter gourd, watermelon etc.

XenXuan

For some people their body system is ok to Chinese herbs as they eat them regularly..do ask ur gynae advices for te herbs u r taking.. Ask those old traditional Chinese medical hall too for herbs cannot be taken during pregnancy to be safe.. For me I dun drink alot of those Chinese herbal soup like ginseng boil chicken with herbs,so I'm still ok with drinking them now.. At times it depend on ur body,I'm like a Rojak body,people say cannot eat watermelon will miscarriage but I'm still strong n healthy with my baby after eating haha..

maneo0302

For some people their body system is ok to Chinese herbs as they eat them regularly..do ask ur gynae advices for te herbs u r taking.. Ask those old traditional Chinese medical hall too for herbs cannot be taken during pregnancy to be safe.. For me I dun drink alot of those Chinese herbal soup like ginseng boil chicken with herbs,so I'm still ok with drinking them now.. At times it depend on ur body,I'm like a Rojak body,people say cannot eat watermelon will miscarriage but I'm still strong n healthy with my baby after eating haha..
For me, i eat anything too. e.g. ice kachang, kopi, cold drinks (but not soda)...

Make a pregnancy ticker

XenXuan

I avoid caffeine as I will feel like vomiting or can't sleep well(it's already hard to sleep well nowadays) .. I've stop my favorite Starbucks/coffee bean frappes since pregnancy T_T but I still drink sprite now haha.. 1st thing gonna do after confinement is to grab a cup of Starbucks coffee frappe~~~

maneo0302

I avoid caffeine as I will feel like vomiting or can't sleep well(it's already hard to sleep well nowadays) .. I've stop my favorite Starbucks/coffee bean frappes since pregnancy T_T but I still drink sprite now haha.. 1st thing gonna do after confinement is to grab a cup of Starbucks coffee frappe~~~
I need caffeine to stay awake in the morning...but seems no effect on me now. Within an hour upon reaching office, i will feel like sleeping again. hiaz.
Soda drinks is not good for u too.
I try to drink soya bean milk and barley whenever possible...but soya bean milk makes me want to frequent the toilet very fast.

XenXuan

I dun like soya bean tat much,feels it makes my throat alot phlegm.. I've been drinking alot ice Milo haha.. Another form of energy source for me,keeps my tummy from heartburn n feeling hungry all the time too..used to be drink milk in my 1st pregnancy but this baby now dun like milk.. Haha

endra

beside taking bird nest, do u take any herbal soup? like for me, mum will make black chix soup with handful of red dates once every 2 wks.. any other recommendations?
Hi eejess,
just black chicken with lots of red dates? no other herbs to go with? hows the taste like?

endra

Me too...I don't know whether to avoid or not. But I try not to take cooling food e.g.bitter gourd, watermelon etc.
hi maneo0302,

bitter gourd consider cooling? omg... i have been eating alot.. esp soup! i like them.. hehe... will try to avoid from now on.. thks!

endra

Hi crazycat,

i heard that ling zhi is good for pregnancy too.. but i didnt take. actually im more like dunno how to prepare it.. but i do drink red dates once a week.

endra

I din noe how to cook too.. My mom din told me she noe how to cook bird nest till one day she made it for me during my 1st pregnancy.. But tat was the only once lol.. She's oso working now,so dun have much time.recently fell down n injuried her leg too,gd thing it wasn't anything serious but juz a deep wound tat require time to heal up.. Quitting her job by may end to help me do confinement,since my edd is in mid June,maybe see if she good mood she will make for me,if not only can buy those ready made myself le.. My house got 4women(mom,me n 2sisters),so 1 cook bird nest oso v expensive haha..
Hi XenXuan,

may i ask where do you buy the eradymade bird nest from?

endra

Btw,which type of bird nest r u all eating? Self cook or already on bottle ,1spoonful a day type? Rock sugar,reduced or no sugar?I prefer bottled ready made type cuz I duno how to cook the bird nest.. I juz bought the reduced sugar bottled bird nest from eu yan san the other day,feel it's quite ok only.. Maybe bcuz I'm having v sweet taste buds since pregnancy.. ZTP oso have bottled ones,with collagen too,wanted to try that too.. Was told there is the red/blood bird nest tat is the best among bird nest selling bottles too,but haven go search..
Hi XenXuan,

So, which brand are you sticking with now after trying/tasting many others? how much does it cost for ready made compared to self-cook?

crazycat

Hi crazycat,

i heard that ling zhi is good for pregnancy too.. but i didnt take. actually im more like dont know how to prepare it.. but i do drink red dates once a week.
Issit... Maybe i should start taking it moderately.... I usually boil ling zhi with red dates and wolfberries.... add a little of sugar if u wan... usually i dun.... I will reboil lingzhi for 3 times then for the 4th time, I'll usually boil it with chicken, and some chinese herbs....

XenXuan

Hi XenXuan,

So, which brand are you sticking with now after trying/tasting many others? how much does it cost for ready made compared to self-cook?
So far I only tried eu ren san 's ready made big bottled ones(官燕) reduced sugar n rock sugar type each at $75 n smaller bottles of 6 (yellowish 小燕宴) at $99.. seems not much diff to me,only feel there's abit aftertaste,not sure if I'm not used to eatin bird nest or eu ren san's bird nest got tat taste.. Bought ZTP's big bottled bird nest at $70 but haven start eating as still eating eu ren san's rock sugar type..big bottles type(1spoonful/day) usually can eat for 1week or more,juz finish all within 2weeks of opening..

Compared,I think the price is abt same.. Big bottles type contains about 2-2.5pieces of 官燕.. selfcooked type 1liang(4~5pieces) 官燕 is abt $150 or so..unless u r buying more better ones like 血燕 $250+/- .. only hassle is must cook urself,since I duno how to cook it,it seems abt the same to me..there r no sugar types that can mix into porridge or desserts..

endra

So far I only tried eu ren san 's ready made big bottled ones(官燕) reduced sugar n rock sugar type each at $75 n smaller bottles of 6 (yellowish 小燕宴) at $99.. seems not much diff to me,only feel there's abit aftertaste,not sure if I'm not used to eatin bird nest or eu ren san's bird nest got that taste.. Bought ZTP's big bottled bird nest at $70 but have not start eating as still eating eu ren san's rock sugar type..big bottles type(1spoonful/day) usually can eat for 1week or more,just finish all within 2weeks of opening..

Compared,I think the price is about same.. Big bottles type contains about 2-2.5pieces of 官燕.. selfcooked type 1liang(4~5pieces) 官燕 is about $150 or so..unless you r buying more better ones like 血燕 $250+/- .. only hassle is must cook yourself,since I dont know how to cook it,it seems about the same to me..there r no sugar types that can mix into porridge or desserts..
Thks XenXuan, I have not tried birds nest before. Kind of worry if I am not able to accept the taste. I should buy a small bottle and try it out first. There is eu ren sen near my house. Perhaps should just get from there.. Thank u so much!

XenXuan

Try the rock sugar type since it's ur 1st time taking bird nest.. It's not much taste,tastes juz like sweet sugar jelly haha..the aftertaste I figured it's the rock sugar.. U can try those small bottles of 6 type,they have normal to v good quality ones I think..

Bird's nest is...
  • Rich in Antioxidants
  • Rich in Collagen and Amino Acids
  • plenty of natural nutrients and mineral
Some of the function of the bird's nest according to the chinese medicine practitioners are:
  • Enhancing the rebirth of cells and tissues(Epidermal growth factor) .
  • Improving the immune system functions of our body(strengthening ones body regulating actions and resistance to diseases).
  • Preventing cancer and aiding in the treatment of cancer patients.
  • Improving heart functions and reducing blood pressure.
  • Regulating internal fluid supply.
  • Healing illnesses such as chronic influenza, cough, asthma or throat infection.
Pregnant woman who consume bird's nest during pregnancy will help improve their health and benefit the foetus. It also help in post natal recovery better.

From my experience, it is better to take cave bird nest.

Different from house swiftlets, our caves environment is definitely bigger, more condusive, and natural then man-made environment. There is lesser/no air pollution, lesser/no noise pollution, swiflets dont't drink water from dirty drains... Their living environment is better.

Our swiftlets stay here

We harvest bird’s nests under the supervision of the company’s experts in collaboration with the government officials. The company does not focus only on collecting bird’s nests but also devotes itself to conducting research on living, reproducing and appropriate environment of the swiftlets.

Bird Nest

Please get your bird nest from credible source!

We recommend mummys to brew your own bird's nest! As you can control the sugar intake and definitely no preservatives, additives and colorings! :)

Happy motherhood!

Give the best to your baby and yourself, choose the best natural bird nest!​

XenXuan

i oso heard cave bird nest is best but where to find exactly i not sure... since my mom got no time to cook for me,i duno how to cook myself,afraid i cant clean it well,cook it properly = spoilt it.. so i might as well juz buy those ready made ones..

maneo0302

i oso heard cave bird nest is best but where to find exactly i not sure... since my mom got no time to cook for me,i duno how to cook myself,afraid i cant clean it well,cook it properly = spoilt it.. so i might as well juz buy those ready made ones..
I'm also worried that I do not know how to cook it. In the end, spoilt it. Waste $.