Bird nest and Chinese herbs

Hi Mummy!

It's actually quite easy to brew your own bird's nest!

Preparation

1 Tael of bird's nests weighs 37.5grams, consists of 6-7 pieces.
Every whole piece can serve 1-4 persons, depending on individual preference.

1. Storage your bird's nests in cool, dry place, (avoid direct sunlight and area with moisture content.)
2. Soak the bird's nests 3-4 hours. The bird's nest will swell 6-8 times its original size. (Our bird's nest is clean! no extra cleaning is required!)
3. Place in slow cooker/double boiler with approx. 450ml of water
4. You may add flavouring (eg. rock suger, wolfberries, ginseng)
5. Boil for 1 - 2 hours and it's ready to serve

our bird's nest will remain in shreds, with QQ texture, not like those fake/lower quality which will break up into small soggy pcs.

You may consume the bird's nests with empty stomach in the morning or at night just before sleeping.

Bird Nest , do visit us as we are having a promotion right now!

Hope this helps! :)

Last edited:

eejess

Hi eejess,
just black chicken with lots of red dates? no other herbs to go with? hows the taste like?
the soup taste sweet and the best part is it doesn't haf the bitter aftertaste of herbs.. dun even haf to add salt.. the soup jus haf its own natural taste.. easy to prepare but hafta remove the skin of the black chicken so that the soup will not be oily..i usually stuff ard 30 red dates into the chicken n cook over slow cooker n drink it once every 2 weeks..

maneo0302

the soup taste sweet and the best part is it doesn't haf the bitter aftertaste of herbs.. dun even haf to add salt.. the soup jus haf its own natural taste.. easy to prepare but hafta remove the skin of the black chicken so that the soup will not be oily..i usually stuff ard 30 red dates into the chicken n cook over slow cooker n drink it once every 2 weeks..
I like black chicken soup too. mostly eat in coffeeshops as hubby don't like. I can't cook for only myself.

eejess

I like black chicken soup too. mostly eat in coffeeshops as hubby dont't like. I can't cook for only myself.
guess wat, i cook for myself only.. my hubby doesn't like it too.. anyway i don't eat the tough chix meat so i jus drink the soup.. all the essence is in the soup alr

XenXuan

We like to eat herbal chicken soup all that..My hubby n I have habit of drinking the soup only,cuz we feel the essence is in the soup already.. Usually after boiling soup,all the ingredients n chicken will become tasteless or v tough to bite,so no point eating them.. But my dad will say we waste food n finish those leftover soup ingredients.. Haha

XenXuan

My hubby's style of making soup is to boil it overnight in charcoal stove,drink at next day dinner,whole pot full of soup+ingredients boil to only 2bowls of essence left,haha rich n nice soup..

My style is dump everything into big slow cooker n boil overnight,drink the soup only as all the ingredients will be almost mashed/cooked into the soup..Nice to feed baby with this type of soup,juz mix with abit rice n feed haha..

maneo0302

My hubby's style of making soup is to boil it overnight in charcoal stove,drink at next day dinner,whole pot full of soup+ingredients boil to only 2bowls of essence left,haha rich n nice soup..

My style is dump everything into big slow cooker n boil overnight,drink the soup only as all the ingredients will be almost mashed/cooked into the soup..Nice to feed baby with this type of soup,juz mix with abit rice n feed haha..
Nice to cook in slow cooker. But i'm working now lor. So abit lazy. Whenever i reach home, I gota wash clothes, pack the hse etc. No time to even watch TV!

XenXuan

tats y i like slow cooker,i juz wash n cut everything in the nite,then dump all into the slow cooker,next day can drink already..

time to get some help already then.. u gotta rest more than u ever did now,get ur hubby or whoever in the house to help out on the housechores,dun be afraid to ask for help or the 1 tat suffer will u n ur baby..not everything need to be done daily,u r not robot.. time to get used to house getting abit more messy n dirty as ur baby is arriving.. soon u will realised no matter hw u clean,the house will be be in a mess again v soon as ur baby gets active..

maneo0302

tats y i like slow cooker,i juz wash n cut everything in the nite,then dump all into the slow cooker,next day can drink already..

time to get some help already then.. u gotta rest more than u ever did now,get ur hubby or whoever in the house to help out on the housechores,dun be afraid to ask for help or the 1 tat suffer will u n ur baby..not everything need to be done daily,u r not robot.. time to get used to house getting abit more messy n dirty as ur baby is arriving.. soon u will realised no matter hw u clean,the house will be be in a mess again v soon as ur baby gets active..
I will get a maid after one month confinement period. No choice as I have to work.
I sleep earlier than my hubby since I got pregnant.

XenXuan

Ya get a maid or those part time helpers tat comes to ur house every few days or something.. Makes things alot easier for u..

maneo0302

Ya get a maid or those part time helpers tat comes to ur house every few days or something.. Makes things alot easier for u..
I will get a maid. But will be a permanent one. she will take care of housework while my mum take care of baby.

XenXuan

ya good idea.. i still stays with my parents till our house arrives,so its still easier now.. now only have to do my own laundry some times,e rest is practically all done by my dad:001_302:,my sisters n i nv needed to do any chores since young..

maneo0302

ya good idea.. i still stays with my parents till our house arrives,so its still easier now.. now only have to do my own laundry some times,e rest is practically all done by my dad:001_302:,my sisters n i nv needed to do any chores since young..
Wow...cool dad!

XenXuan

Ya but sad to say tats e only thing he's cool at.. He started doing alot v weird things since my 1st pregnancy n my son was borned,he's even worse..juz last nite he on the tv so loud in late night,scared me, my son n baby inside me out of our sleep.. Talked to him nicely to lower the volume,he give me black face n started nagging.. Me n my dad is not close at all,so its juz irritating for me..Zzz at times i juz wish I can move out sooner..

pipilili

Father sometimes got weird thinking...

Example: My dad cannot cook, but he loves to cook and he loves to cook BIG pot and BIG portion, like feeding kampong! The other day he cooked Fish curry but no one likes it..so it was reboiled for 2 days....and I finally said,"neh, you see, you cannot cook, that's why no one likes to eat, cos your food is not nice.". Another day, he boiled one big pot of ba-kut-teh soup, but his ba-kut-teh soup, he will put alot of garlic, ginger, blue ginger and pepper...so the soup is v spicy...same thing, reboiled for 2 days and I gotto suan him," you see, the stuff you cook, nvr ever finished...always waste food, always left over."

These few weeks, he is keeping it low.....but I know his cooking spree will start soon...cos every mth he will do his cooking spree....(or rather waste food spree)

XenXuan

Haha my dad is so stubborn,he insist doing things his way no matter how many times we suan/say or argue with him..like the more I suan/say him,the more it triggers his MALE alter EGO to insist it his way.. All these years I tried all ways to please/communicate with him,but still haiz.... His pattern is getting so weird these few years tat my mom n sisters start to can't tolerate him oso..

pipilili

I think old man also got menopause....We leave him alone, meaning if he wanna cook he can cook...if can eat, we eat else we leave it.

Then I am the mean-er who will suan him. My r/s with my dad is not the bad type...but just like to suan here and there....sometimes he complain to my mother about me...so loser lor....then my mum ask me not to suan/argue him. kekekekek But overall he is still nice cos he is my personal driver...buy me snacks when I am hungry, buy me fruits when I wanna eat. Heeheeee...

Yest I cooked the veg for dinner, then he say to me: "the veg i buy v nnice & fresh hor." I replied," if the cook cannot cook, fresh and nice also will taste terok." Hahahahaaaa.....I am his suan-ster and mean-er.:Dancing_tongue::Dancing_tongue::Dancing_tongue:

yvonne_ktw

I will get a maid. But will be a permanent one. she will take care of housework while my mum take care of baby.
Hi, intro you the agency I've tried she the best I think n cheapest rate in town. Her name is titian 9006 8839 I intro her cause I find her efficient n rates the best. Heard lots of agency outside once you pay $ n wanna change a new maid they hack care you. If she ask just say intro by Yvonne (maid from yati change to eti)