Bird nest and Chinese herbs

lyra

I'm taking bird nest everyday as instructed by mother in law. Its the bottled birdnest with ginseng. I never like the taste of bird nest but since she say must take, I'll just take it.

Relatives also gave me soy protein to add in milk to drink, and advised me to drink soya bean milk regularly. I guess since I'm in the second trimester, most things are ok to take. In my first tri, I am very careful and avoided these supplements unless prescribed by my obs or unless he said ok, can take.

ihmdweh

omg Cordyceps are so EXPENSIVE!!! was at eu yan sang last weekend and saw tat it cost > 1k!!!

anyway they are having a promo on concentrated birds nests with rock sugar. 3 bottles at $99! original price i think $47.90 a bottle.

Silky Birdnest

Dear mommies,

if you are interested in getting dried and clean birdnest, you can contact me. We are doing small business in selling edible birdnest from Malaysia. The birdnest is from our relative who own the birdnest farms in Malaysia.

The birdnest has been tested by Singapore AVA, so rest assure that you are paying for the highest quality. Also, our price is affordable as we want everyone to enjoy the benefit of birdnest. According to most of our customer, our price is half compared to large tcm with better quality whereby it can expand up to 9 times.

We understand that you might have concerns since we are not TCM offering the brand name guarantee, so we do have money back guarantee and testing pack to offer a peace of mind to everyone. Feel free to contact me (enquiry@silkybirdnest.com or 90263064, or PM) if you are interested, and we will bring our birdnest to your door steps for viewing, without any obligation from you to bring it from us.

Silkybirdnest

Mookie

I intend to buy those 1bottle bird nest put in frigde, take 1spoon everyday too.. Ownself cook seems better but time consuming..I will eat till my due date haha..
Hi!

Bird’s nest is an excellent source of calcium. It helps to strengthen lungs and liver and improves metabolism. Bird’s nest not only benefits the pregnant mothers but their babies too. It is believed that pregnant mothers who consume bird’s nest frequently would have babies with fine and smooth complexion. Birds nest can also stimulate the growth of the infant’s brain.

Here are some very simple recipes which you can follow: How to prepare your 7 stars bird

The honey birdnest recipe looks simple and delicious!

Dragontail

Now that I'm newly into 2nd trimester, I like to try some simple herbal soup and bird nest.

1. How regular should I drink shi san tai bao with black chicken? Once every fortnight is it too much?
2. Birds nest - I'm going to buy those bottled ones and concentrated ones (eat by the spoon). How regular is recommended? I read that birds nest is best taken in morning with empty stomach. Is that the case?
3. Anyone has the receipe for red dates/dried longan drinks? Ok to drink right? I've craving for it suddenly :p Do I just wash and boil them in a pot for like half hour with some rock sugar and that will do? Do I wait for the water to boil before throwing them in?

Thanks!

Dragontail

BTW, I just googled and found this. Now I just need to hunt for a vacuum flask =)

Ingredients
1/2 tablespoon dried longan 桂圆 (gui yuan)
7 red dates
500ml water

Directions
  1. Wash and core the red dates
  2. Separate and flatten the dried longans
  3. Wash and soak briefly in warm water
  4. Place the longans and red dates in vacuum flask
  5. Add 500ml boiling water
  6. Close the lid tight and let everything steep for about 2-3 hours
  7. Pour into a small cup to serve
  8. Remember to bring a spoon so that you can eat the rehydrated longan and red dates

How to make this soup on the move? Add the red dates, dried longan and very hot water into a vacuum flask and bring the vacuum flask to work. By mid morning, you will have a nice hot flask of sweet soup for your morning break.

BTW, I just googled and found this. Now I just need to hunt for a vacuum flask =)

Ingredients
1/2 tablespoon dried longan 桂圆 (gui yuan)
7 red dates
500ml water

Directions
  1. Wash and core the red dates
  2. Separate and flatten the dried longans
  3. Wash and soak briefly in warm water
  4. Place the longans and red dates in vacuum flask
  5. Add 500ml boiling water
  6. Close the lid tight and let everything steep for about 2-3 hours
  7. Pour into a small cup to serve
  8. Remember to bring a spoon so that you can eat the rehydrated longan and red dates

How to make this soup on the move? Add the red dates, dried longan and very hot water into a vacuum flask and bring the vacuum flask to work. By mid morning, you will have a nice hot flask of sweet soup for your morning break.
Hi Dragontail,

Thanks for sharing,
Can it be drink daily ? or just few days a week?

Dragontail

You're welcome.

I'm not so sure myself. I'm just craving for it. :p. The TCM shop guy told me so long red dates are cored, it won't be heaty. My MIL said don't put ginger then it's not heaty also.

I intend to drink like twice a week. Red dates have quite good properties.

andieluv2

i had birdnest.since my 1st trim 3x weekly bcoz my mum is so good with all these tcm stuff.. she said if take lots of birdnest, baby come out will be bery clean, white and skin silky smooth. no marks and all. then after u term at 37wks, drink coconut once every wk for same purpose. indeed, whn my.girl is out, her skin bery nice and smooth.. so to certain extend, i believe its true.. and i think bcoz i took alot.of birdnest during my pregnancy, all my colleagues said my skin was really good during.pregnancy. much better than whn i was not preggy. so its good news for me.too!!

ps: we spend abt almost 3K juz on birdnest only!! indeed, it cost a bomb juz to have a baby.. but its all worth it!!!

Dragontail

Just had my first birdnest during the pregnancy. I leave it till 2nd trime then I start to consume. MIL cooked for me. Think she added some chinese herbs. OMG it's the thickest birdnest soup I ever tasted in my life! But I see her spent so much time cleaning and cooking it I feel kinda bad. Anyway, in between, I will go grab those bottled ones to drink. I read in another thread that one can keep the bottles and caps for future use to store breast milk (after having them throughly sterilised of course).