Birthday Cakes - For Kids of all ages

Domique

Re: Birthday cakes ^_^

Sorry why shouldn't they exist when I said I ordered from her for my Alaric's one month old party?

:p

Actually, I dun think such cakes exist lor.

For designs which would thrill the children, the cake must be "hard" enough ... the butter cream & sugar coating will never be "nice to the palate" lor.
:wink: :wink:

lisa_ng

My girl's 2nd birthday cake from cupcake obsession.

i like the design except for the banner which i've requested.
a bit plain i personally thought.

all of nikki's favourite cartoon characters get together. :001_302:

this's the first time i've tried fondant cake, not so bad after all.
except that the sponge cake itself isn't too sweet so that it won't be overly sweet when taken with the fondant.

nikki's first birthday cake was from pine garden.
i like it better black forest and triple layer chocolate.
except for the figurines are hard to get.
was lucky back then, managed to find a set of pooh and friends figurines at ebay.
from what i understand, most of pine garden cakes have a little liquor contents to bring out the taste.
at that time i requested one flavour to be liquor free so that kids can enjoy including my one year old nikki.
though the liqour content is a safe level for they had explained.

Attachments

snowbear

except that the sponge cake itself isn't too sweet so that it won't be overly sweet when taken with the fondant.

was lucky back then, managed to find a set of pooh and friends figurines at ebay.
from what i understand, most of pine garden cakes have a little liquor contents to bring out the taste.
at that time i requested one flavour to be liquor free so that kids can enjoy including my one year old nikki.
Ooh, this cake looks really pretty!!!

lisa_ng

Ooh, this cake looks really pretty!!!
hehe.. took me few days to think of a theme and design for the cake.
afterall, was worth the time.
my girl was so excited when she saw the cake.

only the cartoon character wasn't too well shaped for i've thought.

snowbear

hehe.. took me few days to think of a theme and design for the cake.
afterall, was worth the time.
my girl was so excited when she saw the cake.

only the cartoon character wasn't too well shaped for i've thought.
My hubby and i dun intend to have a celebration for my DD's first birthday coz we feel that she can't appreciate it anyway. So we're only buying her a cake and cutting it. May buy a cute one for her to commemorate the event... :Dancing_wub:How much did you spend on the cake?

lisa_ng

My hubby and i dun intend to have a celebration for my DD's first birthday coz we feel that she can't appreciate it anyway. So we're only buying her a cake and cutting it. May buy a cute one for her to commemorate the event... :Dancing_wub:How much did you spend on the cake?
i agree with what you said. hehe
i thought photos will be a good memory her when she grow up.
so har for viewing pleasures oni.

this one from cupcake obsession was around $150.
around the same price with pine garden for her 1st birthday but this one was so much smaller. hehe

snowbear

i agree with what you said. hehe
i thought photos will be a good memory her when she grow up.
so har for viewing pleasures oni.

this one from cupcake obsession was around $150.
around the same price with pine garden for her 1st birthday but this one was so much smaller. hehe
The cake is pretty but does it taste nice? :001_302:

Spiralng

Your girl's birthday cake is really nice. If you are looking for icing figurines, you can get some at www.b-i-y.com. They have loads of cake decorations and cake moulds for DIY.

lisa_ng

The cake is pretty but does it taste nice? :001_302:
if take with the fondant then it taste ok.
was looking for something light in taste compare to pine garden, but end up wasn't to my preference.
i like cakes that are chilled.
but was told tat fondant cake if placed inside the fridge will have like water droplets/moist on the outer layer and may take some time to dry up.

the remaining of the cake i placed it inside the fridge which taste so much better. :001_302:

lisa_ng

Your girl's birthday cake is really nice. If you are looking for icing figurines, you can get some at www.b-i-y.com. They have loads of cake decorations and cake moulds for DIY.
wow this website will comes in handy for lots of us here.
i wonder if they do cartoon characters. hehe
hope that i will be able to bake a cake for my girl's birthday.
i suppose will be more meaningful. :001_302:

lisa_ng

this was my girl's 1st birthday cake from pine garden.
they don't use fondant, oni fresh cream.
the top layer suppose to be a cake smaller than the figurines.
but overall still acceptable.

Attachments

Spiralng

wow this website will comes in handy for lots of us here.
i wonder if they do cartoon characters. hehe
hope that i will be able to bake a cake for my girl's birthday.
i suppose will be more meaningful. :001_302:
Your children's cake both are really really nice. You must have put in a lot of effort looking for it.

You should make a trip down to the shop. It will give you many DIY ideas cos they have cake moulds, cup cakes ect....icing with different patterns, it's really interesting. I went to have a look and really inspire to make a cake for my kids but the min i left the shop my inspiration also gone.....:001_302:.

All of their products are from the states. They dun hv cartoon character only general ones not too sure if can ask them to specially order for u.

lisa_ng

Your children's cake both are really really nice. You must have put in a lot of effort looking for it.

You should make a trip down to the shop. It will give you many DIY ideas cos they have cake moulds, cup cakes ect....icing with different patterns, it's really interesting. I went to have a look and really inspire to make a cake for my kids but the min i left the shop my inspiration also gone.....:001_302:.

All of their products are from the states. They dun hv cartoon character only general ones not too sure if can ask them to specially order for u.

i did spend some time and effort for my girl's birthday. :)

i believe so too.. the shop should have much stuffs which may inspire me further to bake a cake.

but first... i need to buy an OVEN!! :001_302:

Spiralng

i did spend some time and effort for my girl's birthday. :)

i believe so too.. the shop should have much stuffs which may inspire me further to bake a cake.

but first... i need to buy an OVEN!! :001_302:
Ha ha ha you are just like me. I went in to the shop get really excited wanted to bake a cake for my girls start looking then when i think of buying an oven, I placed everything back on the shelf including my excitment...

lisa_ng

Ha ha ha you are just like me. I went in to the shop get really excited wanted to bake a cake for my girls start looking then when i think of buying an oven, I placed everything back on the shelf including my excitment...
haha.. tat was funny of you.
i may be like u if i visit tat store..but likely to have brought those baking stuffs back home, shelf them up and make them a white elephant.

at times i will happily go to electrical stores to see more on ovens.
but har, never use an oven so not sure what i should be looking out for.
and most promoters will rave much about their own brand.

still not so decided on oven yet as i don't have a space to place an oven.
but somehow this baby belling seems to attract me most.

guess i needed a reno in my kitchen more for now. :tlaugh:

Spiralng

haha.. tat was funny of you.
i may be like u if i visit tat store..but likely to have brought those baking stuffs back home, shelf them up and make them a white elephant.

at times i will happily go to electrical stores to see more on ovens.
but har, never use an oven so not sure what i should be looking out for.
and most promoters will rave much about their own brand.

still not so decided on oven yet as i don't have a space to place an oven.
but somehow this baby belling seems to attract me most.

guess i needed a reno in my kitchen more for now. :tlaugh:
Hmmm.....guess you better shelf all thoughts....otherwise the next thing u decide, you might want to upgrade to a bigger house so that you can have a proper kitchen to do baking :001_302: sorry just joking with u no offense:embarrassed:
Actually that is what my mum did, she enjoy cooking and her house is really fully equipped. From what i know there is mini oven the type that you can just placed at the counter. Take your time to look around cos i believe like me, the min you see the things, you wan to do immediately but given sometime, you become sian....hee hee so take your time and sloooooooooooowly look around.

lisa_ng

Hmmm.....guess you better shelf all thoughts....otherwise the next thing u decide, you might want to upgrade to a bigger house so that you can have a proper kitchen to do baking :001_302: sorry just joking with u no offense:embarrassed:
Actually that is what my mum did, she enjoy cooking and her house is really fully equipped. From what i know there is mini oven the type that you can just placed at the counter. Take your time to look around cos i believe like me, the min you see the things, you wan to do immediately but given sometime, you become sian....hee hee so take your time and sloooooooooooowly look around.
no worries. hehe
i agree with you. so har i keep my idealism lower.

see how much work and changes have to be made if i need to bake a cake,
from oven to reno in the kitchen, and indeed a bigger house thoughts had come to my mind some time back. and probably a well equiped kitchen. :001_302:

so for now, i don't see i will want to bake.
will rather spend some time looking for ideas and theme for the cake and leave it to the professionals to do the work. :tlaugh:

Spiralng

no worries. hehe
i agree with you. so har i keep my idealism lower.

see how much work and changes have to be made if i need to bake a cake,
from oven to reno in the kitchen, and indeed a bigger house thoughts had come to my mind some time back. and probably a well equiped kitchen. :001_302:

so for now, i don't see i will want to bake.
will rather spend some time looking for ideas and theme for the cake and leave it to the professionals to do the work. :tlaugh:
:Dancing_tongue:Gd idea, Geat minds think alike and if you really hv more lobang, can pm me cos now i am cracking my head to think what to get for my daughter's 6th birthday this May. Any suggestions?

lisa_ng

:Dancing_tongue:Gd idea, Geat minds think alike and if you really hv more lobang, can pm me cos now i am cracking my head to think what to get for my daughter's 6th birthday this May. Any suggestions?
gift or cake ideas??

Spiralng

gift or cake ideas??
Both cos she will be celebrating in school. I try not to spend too much. Cos her younger sis will be celebrating hers in Aug. The last time round I got her the cake with loads of hello kitty but the cake dun taste nice. Since this year is the last year I was thinking of something different.

For her younger sis last year, I make them animals balloons instead of gift bags and I add sugar clown figurines to her birthday cake cos it's a homemade one that i ordered and the design is really lousy