Birthday Cakes - For Kids of all ages

lisa_ng

Both cos she will be celebrating in school. I try not to spend too much. Cos her younger sis will be celebrating hers in Aug. The last time round I got her the cake with loads of hello kitty but the cake dun taste nice. Since this year is the last year I was thinking of something different.

For her younger sis last year, I make them animals balloons instead of gift bags and I add sugar clown figurines to her birthday cake cos it's a homemade one that i ordered and the design is really lousy
personally i don't have much ideas for birthday gifts. for the past 2 years been buying gold accessories for my girl's birthday as a keepsake.

wow.. is it those balloons sculpture? i manage to learn how to twist some dogs for my girl birthday this year. other animals seems so complicated, give up man.
this year no guest lah only family members.
on top of that i bought some animal walking balloons. have them inflated with helium air.
i think u might have seen these balloons before.
they can be a great ideas instead of party bags. i think the kids will be fascinated.
each walking balloons were like $2 or less.
only headache is the helium air. either inflate at florist at $2.50 each or rent a helium tank which is more worthwhile if there's a lot to inflate.

cakes i do take fancy in polar cakes. they do have some cartoon characters for the design.
simply love their royal chocolate but i'm not sure if character cakes can have the usual flavours.
those fondant figurines are expensive and some may not look alike.
hmm.. in fact this cupcake obsession does make fondant human figurines. something like tat Close up of Joyleen on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
she quoted like $25 for one.
almost wanted to make one but dropped the idea.
mayb will be doing one of my girl's figurine on a cake if no idea for her 3rd birthday cake.

Spiralng

personally i don't have much ideas for birthday gifts. for the past 2 years been buying gold accessories for my girl's birthday as a keepsake.

wow.. is it those balloons sculpture? i manage to learn how to twist some dogs for my girl birthday this year. other animals seems so complicated, give up man.
this year no guest lah only family members.
on top of that i bought some animal walking balloons. have them inflated with helium air.
i think u might have seen these balloons before.
they can be a great ideas instead of party bags. i think the kids will be fascinated.
each walking balloons were like $2 or less.
only headache is the helium air. either inflate at florist at $2.50 each or rent a helium tank which is more worthwhile if there's a lot to inflate.

cakes i do take fancy in polar cakes. they do have some cartoon characters for the design.
simply love their royal chocolate but i'm not sure if character cakes can have the usual flavours.
those fondant figurines are expensive and some may not look alike.
hmm.. in fact this cupcake obsession does make fondant human figurines. something like tat Close up of Joyleen on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
she quoted like $25 for one.
almost wanted to make one but dropped the idea.
mayb will be doing one of my girl's figurine on a cake if no idea for her 3rd birthday cake.
Thanks for the tips. At least now i know where to get.

Ahem...during my teenage time, i work in a party shop for 7 years. Since not much customer there, i start to read books on balloon sculpture. And at that time since no government, I start to practise what i read..hee..hee...so I only know the basic animals. In that shop, we did balloon wrap. Meaning we place things in the balloons like candies, roses, t shirt, soft toy...ect....Air walker is a very common decor which I bought but nowadays, with my 2 kids around, the air walker only left with their head....haiz....I think, I will get my daughter to bake mini hotdog bread to distribute to her classmates and then i just buy a big chocolate cake.

lisa_ng

Thanks for the tips. At least now i know where to get.

Ahem...during my teenage time, i work in a party shop for 7 years. Since not much customer there, i start to read books on balloon sculpture. And at that time since no government, I start to practise what i read..hee..hee...so I only know the basic animals. In that shop, we did balloon wrap. Meaning we place things in the balloons like candies, roses, t shirt, soft toy...ect....Air walker is a very common decor which I bought but nowadays, with my 2 kids around, the air walker only left with their head....haiz....I think, I will get my daughter to bake mini hotdog bread to distribute to her classmates and then i just buy a big chocolate cake.
good idea to let your girl bake something to give away on her birthday. hehe
true true.. those walking balloons i've to throw away like few days after we inflate with helium.
legs and ears are not in place and i got sick of sticking them back after few times. and the ribbons are all over my girl whenever she pull them around. arrgghh.
i think at her age still not suitable for these balloons.

Spiralng

good idea to let your girl bake something to give away on her birthday. hehe
true true.. those walking balloons i've to throw away like few days after we inflate with helium.
legs and ears are not in place and i got sick of sticking them back after few times. and the ribbons are all over my girl whenever she pull them around. arrgghh.
i think at her age still not suitable for these balloons.
Hmm...actually, you can reuse the balloons, put a straw in and push out all the air and once you deflat it, you can refill it again. For me, once the head came off, i use only the head...hee hee ...and left the rest of the body parts in the store.

Kids around your girl's age loves balloons. You can make a few balloon animals and use as deco and after the party, can give it to the kids that way, you dun hv to throw away which is a waste.

Oppsgal

i agree with what you said. hehe
i thought photos will be a good memory her when she grow up.
so har for viewing pleasures oni.

this one from cupcake obsession was around $150.
around the same price with pine garden for her 1st birthday but this one was so much smaller. hehe
Wow. So expensive for a cake.

Spiralng

Hey hey...saw polar cakes quite nice and cute leh...Today I bought their Yam cake for Mother's day taste quite good not too sweet. Guess I will be getting it for my girl wonder how their chocolate taste.

I went to Daiso to bought the disposable cat shape lunch box. I will use that as a gift bag, put the bread that my girl made and maybe some jelly and stickers cos they hv different compartment.

lisa_ng

Hey hey...saw polar cakes quite nice and cute leh...Today I bought their Yam cake for Mother's day taste quite good not too sweet. Guess I will be getting it for my girl wonder how their chocolate taste.

I went to Daiso to bought the disposable cat shape lunch box. I will use that as a gift bag, put the bread that my girl made and maybe some jelly and stickers cos they hv different compartment.
ohh.. i like daiso.
manage to find some cheap shinkansen stuffs there.. cute

oh i like polar's royal chocolate. the texture is like fudge and sponge cake.
for character cake i think dun have like royal chocolate but the chocolate flavour still taste soft and nice. my niece got from them powerpuff girl cake during her 1st bd. and if you see their character on the cake is printed type.. much nicer than some who uses jelly to hand drawn the picture.
i like their cake better than bengawan solo.

usually how many in a class?
got to plan for an event like to this for my girl in future.
my hb sure to ask how much damage to his wallet. hehe

Spiralng

ohh.. i like daiso.
manage to find some cheap shinkansen stuffs there.. cute

oh i like polar's royal chocolate. the texture is like fudge and sponge cake.
for character cake i think dun have like royal chocolate but the chocolate flavour still taste soft and nice. my niece got from them powerpuff girl cake during her 1st bd. and if you see their character on the cake is printed type.. much nicer than some who uses jelly to hand drawn the picture.
i like their cake better than bengawan solo.

usually how many in a class?
got to plan for an event like to this for my girl in future.
my hb sure to ask how much damage to his wallet. hehe
Ooooh...thanks for the info and most importantly the cake is CHEAP..hee..hee...Normally the class is quite small around 12-15 not too sure cos i ask my girl to check with her teacher and she say no need. Start to count her classmates using her fingers....striking off those she dun like so in the end after she counted about 9 of them cos she say the rest not her friend no need to give.:elvis:

lisa_ng

Ooooh...thanks for the info and most importantly the cake is CHEAP..hee..hee...Normally the class is quite small around 12-15 not too sure cos i ask my girl to check with her teacher and she say no need. Start to count her classmates using her fingers....striking off those she dun like so in the end after she counted about 9 of them cos she say the rest not her friend no need to give.:elvis:
tat's cute of her. at this age she already know who she like and dislike.

during my time was like primary 3 or so when i start to use my thumb and last finger to friend and befriend. :tlaugh:

Spiralng

tat's cute of her. at this age she already know who she like and dislike.

during my time was like primary 3 or so when i start to use my thumb and last finger to friend and befriend. :tlaugh:
Aiyo...you call this cute ahhh....my blood pressure increase...wait till she nag u hor....then u know wat is cute.....

lisa_ng

Aiyo...you call this cute ahhh....my blood pressure increase...wait till she nag u hor....then u know wat is cute.....
hehe.. i waiting for the moment to come where my girl will start to ask why.
mayb after so i will get the taste of nagging.
hope i still have much patience to answer her unknown and listen to her nags.

mayb by then i will understand y my hb will fall asleep whenever i start to nag. usually at night. hehe
hb say my nagging is like a lullaby to him. make him want to sleep.

Spiralng

hehe.. i waiting for the moment to come where my girl will start to ask why.
mayb after so i will get the taste of nagging.
hope i still have much patience to answer her unknown and listen to her nags.

mayb by then i will understand y my hb will fall asleep whenever i start to nag. usually at night. hehe
hb say my nagging is like a lullaby to him. make him want to sleep.
Hee hee you will regret...by the way how old is your girl?

lisa_ng

Cute age fun and curious. Treasure it while it last. Trust me, no one likes nagging kids especially when they sound like your MIL...:nah:
ya lor i start to see some efforts i've put in is worth it.
she so funny now, can even make me laugh for an afternoon with her few words sentence.

and most of all no MIL PLEASE!!! i juz hated it...haha

Spiralng

ya lor i start to see some efforts i've put in is worth it.
she so funny now, can even make me laugh for an afternoon with her few words sentence.

and most of all no MIL PLEASE!!! i juz hated it...haha
Tell me about it................:embarrassed:

Spiralng

hehe..pmed you.
ugly story dun wan to spoil this birthday cake thread.
ha ha ha we dun want disappoint those people who thought that they can find great birthday cake ideas and in the end, found out this thread is MIL complaints....hee hee....I have also reply u....