bringing baby overseas?

oh my... my son is a destroyer. Im sure he'd kept banging on the window or pull other passenger's hair who sit in front of us..
i cant imagine if he keep standing up thru out the flight or rather protest to be put down to walk.

then, arent you very stressed out when yr son behave like that? or u already expected it? which airline u take to kl? cos i'll transit at kl first.

I think i will stuff my boy with water and food.. no choice.

thanks !!

apollo

oh my... my son is a destroyer. Im sure he'd kept banging on the window or pull other passenger's hair who sit in front of us..
i cant imagine if he keep standing up thru out the flight or rather protest to be put down to walk.

then, arent you very stressed out when yr son behave like that? or you already expected it? which airline you take to kl? cos i'll transit at kl first.

I think i will stuff my boy with water and food.. no choice.

thanks !!
OMG! sounds like ur son is really very active! ds is only hyperactive at hm, at outside he still can behave. haha.

stress? YES of cos! not only that, while we were bk from KL. he didnt cry during departing and we tot we have succeed in distracting him. but who noes, 15min later he started to burst out with tears, cried v badly. all the way till the plane landed! and is not just normal crying, is very bad and loud screaming, wailing!

passengers beside and in front us kept turning to our direction. but we just keep trying to distract him and nth helps. only when the plane landed den he stopped crying and fell aslp. Think he was too tired aft the crying.. And we still can see him shivering though he has stopped crying and fallen aslp...

but diffe kids react differently, i think most are alright..

btw we took airasia to KL and back by Jetstar. I feeel that Jetstar's service is much more better than airasia =)

after reading this thread, i got a little scare:( will be bringing ds to Japan when she turn 18mths...really wry of all the crying etc...

JazN

Hi STmummy,

are the frozen pureed food bought from the supermarket or u cooked & freezed them?

Hi hi,

We took our baby to Phuket when he was 8 month old. Took Silkair, and requested for Bassinet. Throughout the flight we played and entertained him with toys, books, and he made friends with other passengers. =)

I was still TBF my baby then, brought 2 bottles of EBM up to feed him during take off & landing, so that he can continuously swallow saliva to prevent the pain caused by the air pressure. For our trip back, while landing, I fed him some cereal.

For the food in Phuket, he was already on semi-solid, I brought along a freezing pack with his frozen pureed food. Asked the hotel to keep the food for us in the freezer. Will request for it once a day and heat up using the food warmer. Can also easily buy bananas, avocado, papaya from the supermarket. Milk - direct feed.

Just last month (11 months old), we went to Genting, took airasia to KL and direct coach transfer . This time round, I latched him direct for take off & landing. Fed him baby biscuits and some bread as well. Brought all these onto the plane. Didnt bring any EBM or pump.

As for the food, cos he was almost 1 year old, we just let him have the same food as us but in his portion and washed off the salt with hot water. He had porridge, some dim sum, soupy noodle & horfan etc. Still no seafood though.

For both trips we brought our stroller as well as baby sling. You just bring your stroller up to the plane and have to leave it at the doorstep of the plane. Stroller was in good shape for both flights, but for airasia, our luggage was spoilt instead. Thankfully we can claim from our insurance. So it's very important to get a good insurance coverage as you never know when you need it esp travelling with baby/toddler.

We are going to Europe in March - April, and the flight for this will be 7 hours to Dubai, transit and then another 7 hours to London. I guess my son should be well-trained after 2 trips with us. So looking forward to this Europe trip. Yes, we are still bringing stroller and sling along.

You can always call up the airline and ask them anything you are not sure of. Have fun in BKK! =)

Bianz

hi mummies,

we intend to bring dear son overseas few month later, by then he will be around 11mths old.. we have some doubts to clear..

1. we might be taking jetstar or tiger airline, will the airline provide a 'secure' seat for dear son, lik a carseat type?

2. can i bring up our own water to make dear son's milk?

3. if we bring along the stroller, will they deduct the stroller weight in our luggage weight?

4. and will they 'throw' our stroller roughly and spoil it??

5, when overseas, how you feed your baby solid food? can i feed him 1 meal cereal in e morning and give him milk the rest of the day? is it advisable?

6. if we r going to bkk, which airline do you suggest? jetstar or tiger?

7. my hubby suggest NOT to bring along stroller, but is it okay to carry baby in baby carrier for WHOLE day?? if bring along stroller, will be diffi to shop at bkk?

mummies, pls help me if you hav bring a 10-12mths baby overseas before, esp to bkk! THANKS!!! =)
Hi mummies, I come across tis thread when I research for water to use in Bangkok for baby. Hope you may advise me. I will b bringing my 10mth old son to Bangkok coming dec n wonder should I use their tap water to boil? Bottle distilled water / mineral water to use direct or boil for his formula milk? Also what brand did you buy @ their supermarket? Million thanks in advance on your advise :)

Mreow Mreow

Hmm, I suggest u Don't use the hotel tap water to boil.

U should get bottled water from 7-eleven to boil for your son's milk! :)

If u don't need the water to be hot, u can just use it directly & not boil..

I'm half-Thai so my body is used to water boiled from Taps there but
Most sporeans have quite weak immunity especially when it comes to water from a different source..

So Juz buy bottled water from shops! :)
They are all cheap and
Any brand is ok... :)

Also, I'm very sure your hotel will provide u with some complimentary bottled water.. :)

Enjoy BKK!!!

I also suggest you dun use the tap water to boil. when i travel with my son, i buy mineral water/distilled water to boil and feed. but recently, i read that better dun boil mineral water. so get distilled water to boil. I also bring along my own travel electric kettle. dun really trust the kettles in the hotels. To play safe, each drop of water which my boy needs (for drinking, formula), i use the boiled bottled water.

Yes, BKK 7-11 has a lot of those giant bottle of water. very cheap. buy those

msck

come to think of it....rachelleling, u are SOOO RIGHT!! some kettles i see in hotels are SCARY.

When I brought my one yr old son to hk, I also brought along a travel sterilizer. I was pumping then n is troublesome to sterilize So many parts with hot water. So might as well bring sterilizer. Somemore I find more comfy to let my son use sterilized bott in a foreign place as I find him a little young.

but then I bring him to Perth when he was 2, I din bring sterilizer n use hot water to rinse his milk bott. I find by 2 yr, they r ok if dun sterilise their bott. So depend on age of child

lyra

Hi, mummies, thnx for this thread. I'm bringing my 13month old son to San Francisco in about 2 week's time. I guess I'll be buying distilled water at the shops there, and I'm going to just let baby eat whatever we are eating on the plane. He hates baby food and whatever we adults eat, he wants to eat. My friend said that the water provided by SIA is alright for baby. So I won't even bring puree and stuff.

I hope he'll cooperate with us. He's the kind who will be guai if he has enough mummy's milk, and enough sleep. But he's really active. Thank God he hasn't learnt to walk yet so he can't run around the plane when we don't want him to. He loves to "talk" to strangers and he'll get distracted if we let him watch cartoon or play with toys that he has never seen before, so I'm getting ready a load of these secret weapons to keep him entertained, and I'm hoping other kids or friendly passengers would entertain him. Haha.

Wah!! San franc! I luv tat place! Nice nice by the bAy! Just hope your kid won't b too affected by the time diff cos is really like exAct opposite as sg. This time of the year shd b quite cold. Rem to bring more layers of clothings since the Bay Area will b very cold at night.

ourjollycompanion

When I bring my son out for holiday, he's unwilling to consume his baby food, partly because he's too attracted by the adult foods. And he will rather don't eat or drink, he will only filled himself with BM. I did not bring a lot of things along holiday, because I'm not pumping, only latch on. For his bottle, I rinse using hot water.
On the flight, he's always keeping himself entertained with the in-flight entertainment.

hapimint

I brought my boy to BKK when he was 6 weeks old... fabulous traveller... We continued our traveling to BKK again, Melbourne, Shanghai, Taiwan, Phuket till he is now 17 months.

What I am really afraid of is this trip that we are taking him to Europe in Winter next month... The longest flight that he is to take... and he is so active... The last trip to Taiwan, hubby and I were taking turns walking around the plane with him as he refused to sit... Only during turbulence, we were forced to carry him, he will scream to be let down...So honestly, I am pretty worried about the flight......

As for the weather, my boy has been to Shanghai during winter and he seems okay so i guess I will adopt the dressing him in 3 layers concept..... as done in Shanghai..... Any tips for long flights for really active running toddler?

Any limited to the amount of hot water we can bring? I thought of bring a 1l flask. Cos need need last at least 7 hrs to be save. Am afraid they will confiscate my flask... Zzz

msck

Hey. Do u know if I can handcarry the ice pack in? I am going hk without check in n coming back w check in alone for 2d1n...

diza

Any limited to the amount of hot water we can bring? I thought of bring a 1l flask. Cos need need last at least 7 hrs to be save. Am afraid they will confiscate my flask... Zzz
If u have a baby with you, they will be more lenient. Anyway can ask the air crew for more hot water if u need...

diza

Hey. Do u know if I can handcarry the ice pack in? I am going hk without check in n coming back w check in alone for 2d1n...
Ur going HK without baby right? I guess call the airline and maybe get them to issue a written doc? The problem actually lies with the officer at the check-in counter. Just bring ur baby's photo or probably a copy of his birth cert to proof that u just gave birth and u r carrying breast milk and not other liquids.

bijinoo

Bringing my baby girl to Perth end of July. By the time, she is 15 months. Noticed that during that time will be winter season in Perth. Can any mummies advice what i need to prepare for my baby girl? This is my first time to perth. Not very sure how the temperature. Do i need to let my girl wear winter jacket?