Chit Chat for MTB in 1st trimester

Karenkan

Hi all mummies to be,
May I check when can we start to drink the dumex milk for mum? Is it best to not walk so much during 1st trimester.. Any restriction to food or drinks or even herbal stuffs? First time mummy here.. Am worried as I had dc before last yr.. :(

Dilys

Hi all mummies to be,
May I check when can we start to drink the dumex milk for mum? Is it best to not walk so much during 1st trimester.. Any restriction to food or drinks or even herbal stuffs? First time mummy here.. Am worried as I had dc before last yr.. :(
Hi dear..

U can start to drink milk anytime of pregnancy even can start now. But try to drink alittle n see how first. Some mummies (like me) I have lactose intolerance so can't drink milk at all. ( so I never take any milk powder for mum or fresh milk) . U have to be careful on taking milk powder for mum cos" it may cause mummy to gain alot of weight & diagnose with gestional diabetes (during 2nd trimester) so choose a milk powder powder which is lower in sugar content.

Restriction to food hmmm.. Actually just eat everything in moderation... Of cos no raw or uncooked food. Other then that just eat whatever u like.

Strictly no herbal stuff.. During 1st trimester. Personally I started taking Tonics when I m in my 12weeks.
Have more rest, avoid carry heavy stuff during 1st trimester . Be happy & have a positive attitude ! Everything will be fine!

Oh ya drink alot of water ... Keeping urself hydrated is important !

Karenkan

It's me again..
May I check is it safe to take mayonnaise as it contains raw eggs so advisable not to take or can take occasionally?

Dilys

It's me again..
May I check is it safe to take mayonnaise as it contains raw eggs so advisable not to take or can take occasionally?
Hi Karenkan,

Hmmm... Actually mayonnaise is okie for me personally cos I take macdonalds burger during my 1st trimester .. They have just abit of mayo I think it's okie. Just take in moderately should be a problem.

lindyc

Hi

Dr Ang from which hospital?? Ya 1st pregnancy dont't risk it ! :) oh ya not advisable to dye hair during 1st trimester. The dye maybe having some chemical that are harmful to your baby.

Basically .. 1st trimester is the most fragile you got to take extra care ! Treasure this god"s gift !! Jia you !!!

Hi

Dr Ang from gleneagles.... I feels so relieved after cancelling the Japan trip. Heard from friends that the radiation level is still not stable, so better be safe then sorry. & also advised from dilys, better not travel by air... Now everything settled thou I wasted the air ticket as it's non- refundable....

Lucky, I was thinking better don't do anything now, juz wait till after the the 1st trimenster....
:)

Dilys

Hi

Dr Ang from gleneagles.... I feels so relieved after cancelling the Japan trip. Heard from friends that the radiation level is still not stable, so better be safe then sorry. & also advised from dilys, better not travel by air... Now everything settled thou I wasted the air ticket as it's non- refundable....

Lucky, I was thinking better don't do anything now, juz wait till after the the 1st trimenster....
:)
Hi dear..

Glad that you don't travel. :) Take care of yourself. It's worth it to waste the air tickets. $$$ can't buy this gift from god ! :) Treasure it !

GG2012

Hi all mums-to-be,

This is my first time pregnancy, and about week 6 now, will meet the gynae on coming Tue.
But I feel a bit cramp & got a little bit of brown secretion (like the early period)... I m quite worry about it. :(
Anybody had this experience? Should I go to hospital to check immediately?

zaclin29

Hi all mums-to-be,

This is my first time pregnancy, and about week 6 now, will meet the gynae on coming Tue.
But I feel a bit cramp & got a little bit of brown secretion (like the early period)... I m quite worry about it. :(

Based on my fren's experiences, any cramp plus brown discharge is not a good sign.. U can wait till tue for yr check up... If not u can go to any women's clinic... No need to go hospital....

Dilys

Hi all mums-to-be,

Hi

You shouldnt be waiting till tues. u should go n visit any gynae from a women"s clinic. Please don't go to KKH cos they will not do anything & will tell u only 6 weeks n ask u go back to monitor so by then everything will be too late. It's not normal to have cramps or spotting.. It's not good! Take care okie!Where is ur gynae located?? If u need to go hospital .. Mt A or geneagles can help u immediately .. Maybe they will ward u if u have bleeding or give u jab to stable ur pregnancy. Jia you!!

GG2012

Hi

You shouldnt be waiting till tues. you should go n visit any gynae from a women"s clinic. Please dont't go to Kandang Kerbau Hospital cos they will not do anything & will tell you only 6 weeks n ask you go back to monitor so by then everything will be too late. It's not normal to have cramps or spotting.. It's not good! Take care okie!Where is your gynae located?? If you need to go hospital .. Mt A or geneagles can help you immediately .. Maybe they will ward you if you have bleeding or give you jab to stable your pregnancy. Jia you!!
Thanks Zaclin & Dilys! I went to check already. My gynae said the little pain & brown "things" are normal, he gave me some medicine (安胎藥). It was reli scared me, but I m ok now! :) will take much care myself!

Dilys

Thanks Zaclin & Dilys! I went to check already. My gynae said the little pain & brown "things" are normal, he gave me some medicine (安胎藥). It was reli scared me, but I m ok now! :) will take much care myself!
Hi

1st tri.. pregnancy not stable ... so please take care! Be positive & pls rest more. Don't walk too much, don't carry heavy things. Jia you!

Angeldust

Hi ladies, anyone started buying bb things when in 2nd tri?
I'm gonna hit 2nd tri soon and already itching to get a few items...

CalistaLicious

Hi all mums-to-be,

Hi, im a mother to be too. Well i do have brown discharge same like you and i was worried. I went yo the gynae and the brown discharge is actually spotting. Gynae will give you a hormone jab and utrogestan to insert to the vagina. Spotting is actually quite dangerous as it can lead to miscarriage. Its common during first trimester. So think you go get the jab and medicine would be better. Have more rest and try not to walk much.

Angeldust

Hi

Have you know your bb gender ? If yes.. Of cos go ahead n buy! :)
Not sure of gender yet but was thinking more of the items like stroller, car seat etc.
These usually come in unisex colors anyway.
But just found out that in laws pantang, I cannot buy anything until I give birth :( unless I do it secretly.

zaclin29

Not sure of gender yet but was thinking more of the items like stroller, car seat etc.
These usually come in unisex colors anyway.
But just found out that in laws pantang, I cannot buy anything until I give birth :( unless I do it secretly.
im already starting to look for stroller, cot, car seat etc...
have not bought any.. need to do research....
i will get the stroller and car seat soon...

feliciayp

Hi all mummies to be,

I am now about 5weeks pregnant and I did not take any folic acid as yet. After reading everything about folic acid and the developing fetus, I'm so worried now.
My first appt with the gynae will be next wed, can I buy the folic acid from pharmacy now or do I need to wait till the gynae prescribe it to me? Thanks!

GG2012

Hi, im a mother to be too. Well i do have brown discharge same like you and i was worried. I went yo the gynae and the brown discharge is actually spotting. Gynae will give you a hormone jab and utrogestan to insert to the vagina. Spotting is actually quite dangerous as it can lead to miscarriage. Its common during first trimester. So think you go get the jab and medicine would be better. Have more rest and try not to walk much.
I took few times of the medicine that the gynae gave me, I feel better now. Less pain & brown things.
CalistaLicious, you take care too :)