Cloth diapers

joeyz

Hi Newmom80,

Please let me give Meiteoh sometime to reply if she wants the last lot before I agree to give it to you.

Alternatively, if any of the moms (beside Joeyz) dont't collect by this weekend, you can have one too :)

Rita
Hi Rita,

If it is fine for you, can ask my bro to pick it up on my behalf since he work in goldhill plaza. As this whole week, I'm helping my frd in her bazaar (to earn some extra $$). Suppose to off get a day off on Mon but may be Tue and afraid to hold you up, i'm sincere in wanting the diaper lot. :)

glenndanker

Alpha Male
Hi mummies,

Anyone using cloth diapers for their babies? Any recommendations? Hubby and I are considering using cloth diapers when our baby's born (save money and environment) so would appreciate any advice. Also, any cloth diapered baby face problems in infant care centers? Heard that these centers would prefer to use disposables.

thanks in advance :)
There are many advantages using cloth diapers: Like you say economy and saving enivronment. Baby skin are very delicate therefore when you use cloth diaper baby skin will be cooler and don't get nappy rash so easily. You can buy diaper liners to line on the cloth diaper incase baby do his or her business, easy to wash and more hygience. Gong to childcare centre you need to use disposable diapers that is not much of a choice. So whenever baby is at home, you use cloth diapers this is how you alternate and definitely the best for your baby. Have lots of fun growing with your darlings......

Bumwear

Glendanker has brought up a lot of good points. I want to add that for nappy liners, you can actually reuse them if the baby doesn't poo on it. If it's just pee, we just dump it in the washer together with the soiled diapers and inserts. Our liners, on the average, get used, about 3 times before they are hit with the jackpot ;-}

In the last few years, there is an increasing trend of moms who use cloth diapers on the childcare centre-going kids. They will pack 4-5 bumwear diapers that are already stuffed up with the inserts as well as lined with nappy liners. They will pass the CC teachers a wetbag to put the soiled diapers in.

It works almost exactly like disposable diapers. After 3 hours or so, if it is just pee, just change into clean Bumwear. Put the soiled one in the wetbag. If it's poo, throw away the nappy liner and put the soiled Bumwear into the wetbag again. The teacher will need to wash the child's backside regardless what kind of diaper he wears, right ;-)?
'

PinkDiamonds

I've collect the diapers already & stocked up on my Country Save. :D

Yes there is still a lot of life in them. Can't wait to try them on my girl. Hopefully my hubby will be convinced to go back to cloth again. He thinks that our prefolds were a waste of money :(

Bumwear

I've collect the diapers already & stocked up on my Country Save. :D

Yes there is still a lot of life in them. Can't wait to try them on my girl. Hopefully my hubby will be convinced to go back to cloth again. He thinks that our prefolds were a waste of money :(
Hi PinkDiamonds,

I'm glad you collected them already. Let us know how your girl likes it.

Yes, they still have a lot of life left even after 2 kids. Amazing, right :)?

PinkDiamonds

Any1 interested in prefolds? I've 3 dozens + 3 infant size prefolds. They come with 4 pieces of snappies.

PM me & we can discuss a price! :D

newmum80

Hi Newmom80,

Please let me give Meiteoh sometime to reply if she wants the last lot before I agree to give it to you.

Alternatively, if any of the moms (beside Joeyz) dont't collect by this weekend, you can have one too :)

Rita
Ok, no worries. If there is an extra. Just keep me inform. Thanks alot. :)

Bumwear

I was wondering, how long does it take to dry these pocket diapers?
Quite fast. For the dipes, even under shade it takes only 5-6 hours. The insert, because of it's absorbancy, takes longer !! On normal days it takes up to 1.5 days. On rainy days, it may take 2-3 days. This is one of the reasons we always include more inserts in our packages :)

Queenbabe

Quite fast. For the dipes, even under shade it takes only 5-6 hours. The insert, because of it's absorbancy, takes longer !! On normal days it takes up to 1.5 days. On rainy days, it may take 2-3 days. This is one of the reasons we always include more inserts in our packages :)
I saw the bumwear website .... r u the boss ???

PinkDiamonds

Ah yes, I remember the salesperson telling me that usually people will get more inserts as they take longer to dry.

Thanks for the info, at least now I know how many to get based on how often I do my laundry.

Another pro of wearing cloth diapers, they don't have unsightly ruffles that disposables have!

Btw, besides the inserts you gave, the diapers already have inserts inside right? They look different, so got a bit confused.

Bumwear

Btw, besides the inserts you gave, the diapers already have inserts inside right? They look different, so got a bit confused.
Yes, the diapers are all mostly stuffed-up. For those that are not, I enclosed an insert with it. On top of that, I put in another 3-5 inserts for each lot.

PinkDiamonds, our diapers and inserts have gone through a few reiterations in order to improve their designs. I think I have diapers and inserts of different versions in the lot that you receive.

meiteoh

Bumwear, I might have to skip out on your offer - won't be able to collect it any time soon! (Thanks though...) So one lot is now available to the next mummy. :)

Queenbabe

Bumwear, I might have to skip out on your offer - won't be able to collect it any time soon! (Thanks though...) So one lot is now available to the next mummy. :)
Oh what is it you gals are talking about ? Is it free ? Im quite interested ....

joeyz

Hi Newmom80,

Rita
Hi Rita,

I've received the diapers set. Thank you so much for your kindness and generosity. I can't wait to try it on my baby when he arrive in Oct'09. :)

k-mom

Hi Rita, it's been a hectic week since my baby decided to come much earlier than expected, but I just wanted to say thanks for the diapers. I managed to collect them from your shop last week. Will let you know how they work out :)

meiteoh

Has anyone here tried brands like Baby Kanga or Grobaby? Am interesting in their pocket diapers but would like to get some feedback first.

Also, what's the difference between AIO, AI2 and pocket?

Eva is now over 2 months so am growing more tempted to start her on CDs.

Last edited: