CNY Ang Pow!

daberdew

Hi,

First year giving, can check how much is the market rate? Do you give different amount to different groups of people or all standardize? Thanks!

CanCanMum

Yes of coz! There is no market rate dear, just give more or less depending on budget.

Parents = $20 to mum and $20 to dad

Cousins kids = $8

Other pples kids = $4

Ngiao anot me??? Hahahahahha

daberdew

Yes of coz! There is no market rate dear, just give more or less depending on budget.

Parents = $20 to mum and $20 to dad

Cousins kids = $8

Other pples kids = $4

Ngiao anot me??? Hahahahahha

Wa rao, not Ngiao la, think your recommendation quite ok le...
plus times are bad now you know ..:)

okok, i got a rough gauge to do the Ang Pows already! Thanks!

wenz

i give my parent and PIL $68 each den my kids $20 each my sibling around $10-$12 each den the rest depend on how close.. will range between $8, $4, $6 and $2! HAHA....

CanCanMum

yeah...stingy pple....dun noe if stingy or got financial probs la....hahhaha....

canx rem who oso....heeeee

autumn82

Hmm... We used to gib $168 to our parents, $100 to siblings, $28 to aunty/uncle, $20 to nieces/nephews, $10 cousins, $6 to others. Seems like we r giving too much? LOL. Omg.. Tis yr must cut down? LOL. :x

SH74

oh no... talking abt this... i forgot where i store my excel spreadsheet list on how much ang bao i give to my parents n relatives.

anyway, do ur husbands give u ang bao also?

happygolucky

I think it depends on what your budget. For me, I give $200 each to parents-in-law and parents and my own children, $100-$200 to uncles who are not working, $50 to nephews and nieces, $10 to cousin's children, $4 to "don't know who is that" (guests of our guests). My DH said every year we have to increase the ang pow money so the luck will increase, but for me that's my budget, cannot increase some more, spend a lot during Chinese new year hahaha.

serenelm

generally we give the following amts (+/-):
parents $128-168
grandma $48-68
nephews/nieces $8-20 (hv more than 10 of them)
cousins/cousins' kids $2-8 (depending on closeness)

CanCanMum

oh no... talking abt this... i forgot where i store my excel spreadsheet list on how much ang bao i give to my parents n relatives.

anyway, do ur husbands give u ang bao also?
wah sei...excel spreadsheet somemore....got formulae to workout anots????

my husb??? Gib me ang bao for wad??????

happygolucky

BTW, can we put our name on the ang pow? I saw it before. I think good idea, at least we know who gives that. Most of times, cannot remember who gives how much, as after receiving, my children will put the ang pow in their pocket. But after people will think we are stingy?

Porukadotzu

last year I give angpao to hubby's cousins each S$50 and they didnt even say happy new year to me...just take and keep in pocket..:nah:haha.. this year should tink about giving them...hahhaa

autumn82

I also lost my CNY Angpow Namelist... LOL. But nowadays still got ppl give $4? I tot dun have, so dun dare to give.. lol. Nowadays kids are sooo u noe.. :p Open immediately then say "chey, $4 only" LOL. I saw tt at my fren's place.. Luckily I'm not the one.. LOL.