Do want your childen to learn to play piano?

Dudette

Only if they want to.
I was forced to learn piano, and the feeling sucks, so i wouldn't wanna do that to my kids. :001_302:

dek2k8

Alpha Male
Only if they want to.
I was forced to learn piano, and the feeling sucks, so i wouldn't wanna do that to my kids. :001_302:

yes, similar situation as in our living place.....
The children are forced to get learning many new things as seen.:Dancing_wub::001_302:

Last edited:

xinxin

I would definetely let my son go for piano lesson ... He would be so cool when playing it for his gf .... like the chinese song Tong Hua :tlaugh:

Seriously if he does not want ... it is okie

Elaine35

i would hope for my kids to have what i didn't have.. learn piano, dancing, violin, join basketball team, netball, etc etc...
but again, that's if they want to lah :rolleyes:

huihui

I would let my DS try out lot of activities (if affortable), such as piano or violin, karate or wushu, drawings, swimming, etc... C where is his talent and interest, den let him focus on his interest... and stop the other activties he not interested.

wilcris

If only he want.. i will let him learn and i can teach him too.
But he want to learn other thing that he is more interested i will let him .

Ting

would love her to learn piano..even my mum oso wan...but i think is toooo ex le....n don think my hse got place to put a big piano ba....lolx.

Yukee

Think will let my 2 gals choose between piano or violin...anyway this is just to introduce them to the music world, if they are not interest, its ok, if interested, will let them choose whichever instrument they are keen when they are older...

vandia82

How do you know if your kids are interested? for piano, you can start as early as 4?

My girl seems to be interested in piano when she sees my cousin playing and when I asked her if she likes it and want to learn, she will nod her head, but she is only 2? Does she truely able to express herslef? Other then answering me, she will play piano herself, as in toy one la. And also when she sees piano, she will do the play piano action. Is it coz it's something new to her or she really like it?

stonston

i will let my boi be exposed to as many types of instruments, then let him choose which 1 he prefers....i was given tt option by my parents n realli thankful for tt cos i now play e piano, guzheng and cello....

violin is costly if learn fm young cos gotta keep changing violins everytime they outgrow, which is realli fast...my sis is 14 n she has 17 violins, she started @ 3yo....

tentatively i'm gonna try basic music classes at hm with my boy first...then maybe when he older, ard 3-4yo then let him go for formal lessons....

i feel most impt is e TEACHER....if e teacher can capture e kid's attention n heart, n must be able to teach e kid PERSERVERENCE!!!
my piano teacher was a young teacher tt made her lessons so fun, i enjoyed every minute of it instead of feeling like lessons were a chore!!!
my guzheng teacher was a different story, i was compelled to finish up e course if not i would lose my CCA points.....
my cello teacher was AMAZING! gentle patient old lady.....i'm still learning fm her though prices r sky high cos she is from SSO n is quite well-known world-wide....

starry_jo

if my DS have got an interest or is talented..then will confirmed show my support by letting him learn piano. Else, wait till go school then join the band as CCA ba..and its free..kekeke..

jedamum

if my DS have got an interest or is talented..then will confirmed show my support by letting him learn piano. Else, wait till go school then join the band as CCA ba..and its free..kekeke..
:tlaugh:i myself took the free route. :tlaugh:

i asked my boy if he is interested in violin, he said he is interested in drums.....

meds

I think picking up an instrument to learn and play is a good investment for the child and parent. Musical skills are very sought after.

I dont have a muscial background infact I wished my parents made me play the piano. My hubby's side on the other hand is the musical side. All of them can play at least one musical instrument.

My fil plays the drums, my mil guitar/bass, my bils saxaphone/drums & piano/guitar/drums and my hubby trumpet/drums.

So I guess even if we didnt force Ethan to learn something, he'll probably wanna learn how to anyway. Hehehe, it's in the blood.

But I would say yes to letting a child learn a skill. If not musical maybe art or sports or cooking or something...good to work on a child's strength, gives him/her confidence...