EDD Apr 2013

Aprilaries

littlebluecinders - its common for pregnant women to feel giddy. but must be careful. i fainted on the train when i was 6 months pregnant. as i was sitting down so i did not managed to "snatch" enough oxygen as compared to those standing. haha
so my advise is for you to sit near the opening door. take deep breath, bring a packet of sweet along. :)

xiuxiu - i will be doing oscar scan together with blood test. oscar scan is a tummy scan where the sonographer will check for down syndrome. and usually comes with blood test.

autumnfall - you can start buying maternity bras later stage of the pregnancy. as it will expand more then. meanwhile maybe can consider buying those bra extend. i have been using soft bra from sorella. hehe. very comfortable.

alag

Hi tomatoning, I will try the left side tonight then! I am currently undergoing chiropractic adjustments too so that is messing up with me sleep.

Just barfed out my dinner! (sorry if it is tmi) recently, I keep feeling that food is lodged in my throat after puking. Any advice on how to get rid of this feeling?

xiuxiu

autumnfall: Oh, I do not have much physical change except some pimples popping out. -_- And my boobs din expand yet eh.. Normally will expand now or? so worry that it will be too small to breast feed. HAHAHA!

Tomatoning: My oscar scan cost $220 and blood test around $120? So total is about $330 ba.. I saw in other threads, some ppl pay more than you.. Maybe your other charge is cheaper than us? Like Doc's delivery charge la, Doc's package charge la.. etc. :)

Aprilaries: Yup! Lets jiayou! Gonna be 2nd Tri soon! After discussing with hubby, we will proceed with oscar scan too :)

alag: I do have the same feeling as you on last Sunday, after I puked out my dinner food. I asked my fren who has a year old kid, it may be the cause of that "we are puking out too forcely" so kinda injure the throat.. Try to drink some warm water after that, and cool down.. Now my throat feels alright le.. *Pray that there wont be puking anymore*

mapleleaves80

Dear all..this thread is really moving fast :)

Im currently in my wk 9plus..only had a bout of nausea feeling and dizziness occasionally, also feel very tired throughout the day but have not vomitted yet. I guess im still quite lucky in that aspect and hope my baby is growing well..

I went for my gynae visit 2wks ago, will be gg for another one coming mon. Heard the baby's heartbeat the last scan and felt kinda exciting and unbelieveable. :) doc has prescribed me with duphaston, folic acid and multi vitamins since i went for my first visit, but so far have not had any serious ms yet. I wonder what to expect for my upcoming visit, she did mention abt oscar the following wk..and some other tests which i forgot what..

i seriously cant wait for the first trimester to be over.. Wish everyone good health too! :)

xiuxiu

oh ya! Wanna check, does any of you start to drink milk powder that suitable when preggy? Example like: Anmum materna milk powder. I asked around, its better to start drinking now.. Its good for baby and mummy too.

Last edited:
Xiuxiu, I also have pimples, and pregnant can go facial anot? Oh my gynae told me these kind of milk will cause a drastic change in ur weight and you will end up gaining a lot of weight so she advises me not to drink it. Is it the same kind of milk we r toking about?

Hi xiuxiu, I haven't started to drink yet...dun really like to drink milk..but I guess have to force myself if it is good for the baby..but I scared wait bb become too big hehehe

Have the cravings started for all of u yet? I get really hungry in the afternoon and have all sort of cravings suddenly lol...and my poor hubby gotta accomodate me..think I put on weight instead of lose weight since I din actually vomit at all n my appetite has been pretty good :eek:

alag

Littlebluecinders, my cravings have started. I am definitely not losing weight like some of the girls here but gaining copious amount of weight fast! :(
I havent been able to do any exercise too and it's showing. I no longer fit a size 6 and bordering in between 8-10. Is anyone gaining weight so early?? (I am only 8 weeks)

ibisco

Hi alag, ever since im preg (7+ weeks now), i have zero appetite and has lost i think 3-4 kg... But maybe coz i got a really big frame (Sz 14). Maybe when u are bigger size u tend to lose weight first lol. Now im wondering when i'll have my appetite back :( Cannot imagine this lasting thru the entire way. And ooh the nausea...

MrsS

Lol... Me too gaining some weight cos no ms... N getting hungry easily.... N I m not small to start with... So hopefully I don't gain too much weight.... :001_07:

alag

Hi ibisco, I have no lose of appetite. In fact, i am constantly hungry although there is this weird taste in my mouth all the time. I have to eat and throw up. So basically I have bad nausea and increased appetite. :(

Today is the only day I puked once! (hooray) I wonder if it is because I
didn't take the hormone pills today.

MrsS, have you been taking many small meals instead of the regular 3 meals?

MrsS

Hello alag! Not really... I don't have much time to take small meals cos quite busy at work usually.. So I tend to take 3 regular meals but get hungry before meal times....

Bless3d

Hello everyone. It's my pleasure to find you girls here. Just went for my first gynea visit today at KK and was told I'm 8 weeks with EDD 23apr based on the foetus size.

Rather confuse with the EDD calculation. Anyone knows how to calculate the pregnancy week?

alag

MrsS, oh I started the small meals thing on monday and today there is an improvement but unsure if it is due to me not taking the hormone pills or constant eating. I usually puke even before I can find food. :(

Hi bless3d! My edd is the same as yours and I go to KK too! :) congrats!

ibisco

Hey MrsS, u are so fortunate without ms! How i wish i can be u, i dun mind having a huge appetite and put on weight instead of losing weight :(

alag, what is the name of ur pill u taking? My doc gave me injection plus Utrogestan. I think its the same as Duphaston = progesterone. Nausea feel and drowsiness x2 after eating this pill 3x a day. Urgh... Do u experience that too?

Bless3d

I am quite lucky that I do not have ms at all. But putting up weight make it v dufficult to hide the pregnancy. My colleague has been asking me whether I am pregnant since 3 wks back just because my gp insist on 3days bed rest as I have slight spotting during my early stage.

My gynea only precribe frolic acid and pyridoxine and supposed to go back for next check up in 4wks time. He is also encouraging Oscar scan, which I thinki will go for it.

alag

Ibisco, the med is dysrogesterone. When I take it, I feel nauseous after every meal and light headed. Today I only felt groggy. I am seeing my gynae tomorrow for a check up so I will ask if that can cause it. Even medicated oil doesn't help but lavender seems to work for me!

ibisco

Bless3d, u are really blessed not to have ms... We'll all put on weight at some point of the pregnancy i guess :)

alag, sounds like progesterone u're taking too. Wonder if the doc check ur blood before administering this drug to u? For me i already have ms (which means my progesterone level shld be high) but he still gave me the drug to increase my progesterone... So i wonder why hmm... Anyway, he gave me the drug coz i had some slight bleeding too :(

alag

Hi ibisco, are they supposed to have check my blood first before administering it to me? I was in the hospital because it was thought to be an ectopic pregnancy since they were not able to find the little one but found a mass in the left Fallopian tubes. After 2 days, they concluded it as a normal pregnancy and issued me that pill. What is it supposed to do?

xiuxiu

autumnfall: Not sure can go facial or not eh.. Maybe can check with gynae? I not sure if the milk will cause us to gain alot of weight but my friend drank it before and said it is good. For our teeth(because our teeth will tend to be weak and bleed when we preggy..) and bone and baby too :) I googled Anmum brand and we able to get a free sample pack from them. Mummies, may want to get one to try? The page is here: Anmum - I'm pregnant

Currently, I have no cravings too.. as long as after eating, no vomiting is good already for me. haha! So envy those with no ms.