EDD Apr 2013

alag

Pigletbao, like what ibisco says, the pumps are a lot cheaper. In fact they have more strollers and cheaper too. The one I want is 200 usd and is going for close to 700sgd at takashimaya!

Ibisco, yeah I can't even read or look at the computer much now. Makes me tired and nauseous. When do you plan to start buying the baby stuff?

xiuxiu

Yup! In US, baby stuff are cheap! Like what ibisco said, we can consolidate together and buy when we're in 2nd trim.. :) I'm thinking of buying after I know the gender of my baby... hehe.

alag: So nice! I wanna too.. but my hubby strongly disagree to travel during pregnancy (even though gynae say ok). So I gonna wait and maybe travel during the last period of maternity leave? Free leave. Opps. haha!

mapleleaves80

Hi Putri

Im into week 9 as according to my gynae (or wk 10 as according to the usual calc?) im also confused how it's calculated but am gg to my nx visit coming mon so will see hw the scan go :)
My gynae is inside TMC so most prob will be delivering there.. Hw abt u?

Dear all.. Seems like US is really alot cheaper than SG..hubby gg end oct..dunno hv opportunity to shop there or nt..he asked me to go with him but am afraid of the long haul flight... I cant wait to go travelling too cos always go for a tour at least once every yr..nw thinking of taking flight puts me off a little haha but cant wait to go travel again! So what else will be good to buy in the US? :)

alag

Maple, playmats are cheaper especially if you are the sort that wants to get the whole matching set. The only thing about travel to the US is a long flight and so you must definitely stretch and walk around in the plane more often than normal. Right now, all my cravings are food found in the states :(

ibisco

Hey girls, if i can get to US in Nov, at which this time they have the yearly Black Friday Sale, i'll def grab lotsa baby clothes (hopefully by this time we know gender alrdy), breastpumps, non-toxic and plastic free pacifiers, infant car seats, strollers (yes taka ones are $700-$1000!!), non-toxic milk bottles, baby bags, cot and mattresses, baby slings, organic diapers etc... Yeah its so massive, gotta ship back using container where its very cheap if consolidate :) Have a wild idea... If take Business Class so comfy sure can fly there yah?

xiuxiu

I think their baby clothes there are cheaper too? Like Gap, polo ralph, etc. All their local brands. I was there last year and there're much cheaper in singapore. I bought some for my niece. :)

alag

Ibisco, are you going there solely for their black Friday sale?

Xiuxiu, yes it is! Even better at the factory outlets! :) that's why I am not gonna buy stuff here plus the husband and I don't intend to find out the sex of the baby until birth.

Wow alag... seems quite exciting not to find out the sex of the bb until birth ! So I guess u gg for those neutral colours for bb clothings? :)

One of my fren bought all her bb stuff from US..via amazon...even got the bb pram shipped over! Wish I can go shopping in US too but don't have enough leave :(

But I definitely wanna go for a last holiday before bb pops out..

Xiuxiu, wah u so good...can go holiday after bb is born? Then ur bb how? I tink no more holidays for a few years for me after I give birth :(

xiuxiu

Ya alag, very exciting leh! Don't want to know the baby gender first. For me, I very ganchiong. haha.

Littlebluecinders: Initially I wanna go b4 I give birth too, but hubby say dangerous. So I say after giving birth lor? He keep quiet. haha. During that period, both our parents can take turns to take care and we intend to go a short trip.. And, I guess, chances of frequent travelling will be low after that.. So, grab the chance that there is someone helping us to take care, we will go for one more trip. hehe.

pigletbao

Wow, looks like the thread moves real fast when the topic is on shopping n travel! ;p The price diff u ladies have mentioned is really quite shocking! Hubby, bb n I might be relocating to the US next yr when bb is abt 3 mths old but will be too late to get the stuff there by then right? Since most of the stuff need to standby before delivery? Also at a loss at what needs to be bought as a FTM...any advice? :)

Ibisco - ya, really relieved that bb is healthy this time! I was hoping PM would announce 6 mth maternity leave but I think the bubble's burst! I also felt like taking no-pay leave initially but in my case i'll still need gynae's endorsement so might as well exhaust my medical leave first. Did gynae have any advice when he/she knew u were going on no-pay n staying at home?

pigletbao

Also, any second/third-time mums here who can advice on the trips bb has to make to the PD in its first yr? Like for injections and stuff? Coz I dunno how difficult it is going to be moving to the US with a 3-month-old infant...:( really appreciate any advice! Thanks!! :))

Lady Jess

Hi Rose77! I have my next doctor's visit this friday and will be able to figure out my due date. I think my due is closer to yours! : )

alag

Littlebluecinders, yes I will buy mostly white and green. (our wedding colors) the baby's godmother has strongly protested against this (in a joking way)
because she wants to start buying gifts! Hehe.

Xiuxiu, trust me. I am too but we both decided some element of surprise would be fine although it would mean having to have both male and female names decided first. Lol

Piglet, you are relocating? Me too!! For me, it is either Japan or US but we find out where this December! Not so worried about the US where baby are and dedicated baby shops are in abundance but more so for Japan.

ibisco

alag and pigletbao, so good that u guys have chance to relocate overseas and its to US! I think i'll def pick US if i had a chance to go. So convenient (online) and cheap (outlets) to buy baby stuff. Only inconvenience is when bb is sick, the nearest clinic / hos may be far and have to wait long.

alag, no im ok to go US on any dates, in fact was thinking not going during sale time might be wiser coz not so much pple and better for us lol.

pigletbao, nope i didnt consult the gynae before making decision on no-pay leave, just told company i need to rest for the baby hehe :)

pigletbao

Alag - when will u be moving? Am a little worried abt relocating when bb is only 3 month old. Any experience in this area? :((

Ibisco - ya, am worried with the PD stuff..n the lack of support/help over there since family is here. :( plus bb is only so young! Anyway, thanks for reminding, we will try to find a place near an exp PD!

alag

Ibisco, yes I love the US and quality of life. As long as I am in the city or a decent suburbs with a car, I will be fine with peanut (my baby). :) anyway good that you don't go during black Friday too. It's crazy, like you will fight with everyone who will queue up after thanksgiving dinner and good stuff is gone early. But hailing from Singapore, their queues and crowds are nothing to us. Hehe.

Piglet, I could move as early as this yet or next. And at this point still not sure of which country, but I know it will be NY if it's the states. What about you? Don't worry about the baby. The US have tons of pediatric clinics and the one thing that you must have is health insurance there. Since it is a relocation, the company is more than likely o cover it. And usually it is a family plan so you'd be covered too. If that is the case, it can be heavily subsidized.

pigletbao

Alag - We might be going NY too! Coz husband is planning to study at Uni of Columbia. :) So unfortunately we won't be covered under any health insurance plans. :( Should we take up overseas insurance plans here then? U sound experienced with the US! I've not been there myself...so am very unsure abt many thgs...:(( Have you brought up a young one there before? If so, pls share ur experience with me! If it's too personal for the forum, u can PM me!

Does that mean u might be going over after baby is born too? Ur relocating for work? :)

xiuxiu

Morning everyone! TGIF!

Should be ok to drink bubble tea but don't drink it everyday. Take everything as moderate. Doc say less tea but not 'no tea'. Me too, something drink honey milk tea or ginger tea to ease the nausea.. :)

Aprilaries

Yes i do drink bubbles tea. But moderate. Keep wanting to take sweet drinks fpr the past few weeks. Must reduce. Am taking more orange juice now. Hehe