EDD Apr 2013

ibisco

alag, firstly congrats that u're cleared from having an ectopic pregnancy :) U must had been so relieved!!

And for ur dysrogesterone, it's also the same as mine, contains progesterone as active ingredient. My doc when giving it to me, only told me its an An Tai Yao, coz i went to see him for some heavy spotting. But i thought he shld measure my blood's progesterone level before giving it to me as i'm thinking bleeding is not equal to low progesterone level isn't it... Coz in the States, they'll take ur blood to detect P level. What if i already have high level of P, even higher will make me feel more sick :( But never mind lah, since its only 1 week of that pill for me (pray no more bleeding after that!) and good for placenta, i'll just eat it...

SuhailahPutri

Hi Mommies!

I'm 11 weeks today and my EDD is on 01.04.2012.
I felt so relieved reading all the threads here. Looks like i am not the only one vomitting non-stop.
Started vomitting rite after i came back from my honeymoon!!!
Ate dimenhydrinate as prescribed by my gynae but seems that nothing change...
Feeling xtremely tired, i tuck in almost immediately after reaching home from work...
No appetite to eat and I cant seem to eat food that I used to enjoy before pregnancy...
CANNOT drink milk (bought 2 tins of similac & anmum chocolate, such a waste!) vomit the moment I smell them!
oh ya and chocolates seem to trigger me to vomit! cant put on my cocoa butter stretch marks cream....
Anyone with me???

hugs to all,
Putri

pigletbao

Hi Bless3d, congrats n welcome!

Think pregnancy week is usually calculated from the day of your last menstrual period, which also means ur 2 wks preg even before u conceive, assuming u have a 28-day cycle n ovulate on day 14. In any case, think u can use the 8 weeks quoted to start tracking your pregnancy week coz some ladies might not have a 28-day cycle or ovulate late. :) hope this helps!

pigletbao

Ibisco - I was prev prescribed Utrogeston too n couldn't cope with the giddiness after a week. Went back to dr n he gave me Duphaston instead. Still giddy after taking it but felt it was more manageable. Am off these pills already but I still feel light-headed. :(

ibisco

Hi pigletbao, ooh why were you on those drugs? Glad u are already not taking them... Guess the symptoms u have now are just normal ms? For me i still have 5 days more to endure on Utrogeston :( I have to sleep / lie down 18-20hrs a day (not at all exaggerating) and have more nausea. Got slight diahorrea too, not sure a side-effect as well. I dun even have energy to go downstairs and open the letter box. Seeing my gynae next week and i pray he will not gimmi another dosage *urgh*

Hi ibisco...sounds like u having a really bad first trimester...I can't imagine lying in bed for 20 hours everyday.. but then again i realised that during weekends when I get to stay at home, the more I stay in bed the worse I felt..so maybe if u can find the energy try to get out of the house and get some fresh air..

Hope u will feel better after your doctor puts u off the hormone pills :)

Hi putri... welcome! :)

I'm completely put off by chocolates as well...just the thought of it makes me nauseous... which is a waste cos I bought back loads of chocolates when I came back from my trip to jeju Korea...now hubby gotta finish them all..

i will make sure he put on weight along with me hehehe :rolleyes:

SuhailahPutri

Hi Littlebluecinders!

Oh dear, i feel u!!! :tsad:
*hehehe* i think that's a great idea, hubbies should 'grow' sideways a lil' bit just like us!
Oh ya and I am getting very worried cos I cant seem to bring myself to drink even a sip of milk...
to make things worst...everyone around me, from co-workers...friends...family are pressuring me with the possibilities of this and that of the baby w/o milk intake!!!
Is there any other way of getting the nutrients and vitamins instead of drinking milk?
Calcium pills??? :tno:

alag

Hi ibisco, my doctor says I can stop the pills!! :) she apologized (even though it wasn't her fault) that some people react badly to it.
This is day 3 without it and I have only puked once. :) yay!

Yes, it was the most horrifying and scary moment when they told me it was a highly suspicious case of an ectopic pregnancy so the husband and I were more than happy and blessed when we were told the good news :)

Btw, I got a scan today and she/she is 20mm! So cute!

mapleleaves80

Hi littlebluecinders and putri

Im totally opposite with both of u! When i feel nauseous, chocolate actually helped me to feel better! I also find drinking milo helped me to relieve my nausea too.. But nw im put off by fish..especially steam fish or fish soup..those will make me wanna puke

ibisco

alag! Congrats that u'll not need the pills anymore and all the more for seeing ur healthy baby who is growing well :) I can't wait to stop eating these pills... So after this, when are u next seeing ur gynae?

MrsS

Hey MrsS, u are so fortunate without ms! How i wish i can be u, i dun mind having a huge appetite and put on weight instead of losing weight :(

alag, what is the name of ur pill u taking? My doc gave me injection plus Utrogestan. I think its the same as Duphaston = progesterone. Nausea feel and drowsiness x2 after eating this pill 3x a day. Urgh... Do u experience that too?
Hello ibisco, hope you are feeling better today....
Actually I dont have a huge appetite.... :) I just get hungry fast... N i get full very quickly too...But if I continue even when I feel full I get sick... But no throwing up yet... *fingers crossed*

alag

Morning all! Hope everyone is off to an ok start!
Ibisco, my next appointment is 5 October. Supposed to be 2 weeks more but I am traveling in October. :) am going for a blood test and scan to test for DS. Are you guys taking it too?

xiuxiu

hi alag!

I am taking the oscar scan and blood test too. Will be on the 24th Sept. :)

Me too suppose to go for holiday to taiwan this Sat..But hubby is worry, so we cancel the trip. May go for the trip after giving birth instead. hehehe.

ibisco

Hi alag! Wow ur going travelling, doc say ok? I wanna go States and buy baby stuff during 2nd tri but i think my doc will say no... Yup will be doing the OSCAR.

SuhailahPutri

Hi Mapleleaves80!!!

Before this, I really love chocolates... and hubby too! Can go crazy @ chocolate sales! Just cant figure out why our baby dont like them...
Cant eat any Meat, of all kinds from chicken...beef...mutton and fish...live on vegetables especially potatoes and kangkung... So how many weeks are u now and which gynae are u seeing?

alag

Hi xiuxiu, oh I love Taiwan! I am planning a trip there in December. I wanna get all the traveling done in the second trimester. :)

Ibisco, yes the doctor says it is fine just have to remember to walk about in the plane. It's just to Japan, so the short flight is ok. Oh I am going to buy stuff from the US too! My mother in law says it is a lot cheaper so I might do that. :) we can try to consolidate shipping!

pigletbao

So nice that u ladies r travelling! Used to love travelling but now the thought of travelling n the airplane atmosphere + unfamiliar overseas air simply put me off now. Really very strange.

Re US baby stuff, may I know what's cheap to get in the US?

Ibisco - i didn't have any spotting this time but think they put me on it for insurance sake coz I miscarried in April. Am totally with you on the completely low energy + sleep 18-20 hr/day + nausea + giddiness + occasional diarrhoea. I really dunno how I'm going to survive back at work next week. Am hoping to get more medical leave fr gynae at my next visit. Are u on medical leave too?

Putri - how abt try soy milk? Or will puke also? :(

ibisco

alag, yes US baby stuff really cheap! Things like breastpumps etc all like half price from SG. We shld def get together and order some stuff, perhaps in the 2nd tri? Now i type this paragraph also takes quite abit of energy haha...

Pigletbao, sorrie to hear about ur mc in Apr. Glad this time round all's going fine for u! I really can't go back to work now in my state, i think i will collapse in front of the computer and sleep lol. I actually took no-pay leave from the moment i experienced ms, don't think will go back til baby is 6 months old. Aren't u looking forward to the 4 mths maternity leave? If only gov can increase that to 6 months end of the year, just in time for us! Haha!