EDD April Mummies

yuzudinga

thanks for your advice. hubby and i know that we're never going to give up our baby no matter what happens. he thinks we should not go for the screening too because he knows i can get very stressed up over the unknowns, but i have this nagging feeling that the screening might help us better prepare for our baby in the event where special care is needed. but you are so right about the tests, its not really accurate, and yes, there are positive cases who turned out to be perfect little babies with no abnormality whatsoever.
hmm.. ok, lets take it this way..
1) results is positive: what will u do? will u start saving more? will u be stressed becoz baby might be abnormal? will ur stress level affect baby?
2) results is negative: u will be relieved by the results.. but if results is not accurate n baby is abnormal after birth what will u do?

imho, just take things as it comes n dont stress urself too much. worry doesnt help u with anything n might even cause side effects to ur pregnancy.
just save up for ur baby since u will need the $ anyway and be prepared to face whatever that comes.. jiayou!

CWL

wah, CWL is 2nd time mama! congrats to u!

i agreed with the suggestion meeting up in 2nd tri. now, i tink everyone so nausea, tired, lazy, nuaing.

i believe the most hyper is dilys...u being the youngest.:wong29:

Thanks all mummies for your concern! Hehez, yeah I recovered from my fever and sore throat . Feel so much better now. Yup janette, I am a 2nd time mum, my no. 1 is 5 months old. Hehe.. By the way Dilys, you are hyper! I am 29 this year, 2 years older than you. I just went to my gynea's clinic this Mrn and my baby is 12 weeks today! So happy to hear my baby's heartbeat. I am at Thomson Medical now waiting for my Oscar scan. Will update you mummies again of my results. Hopefully all's well. Praying hard! :)
keep each other posted!
keep each other posted![/QUOTE]

CWL

Thks Wondershine! I recovered from my fever and sore throat le! Thankfully! Wah u are also very young like Dilys. I am 29 this yr. Next yr when I deliver my baby I will be 30 liao. I think being pregnant always will hv weird dreams one. I am a person who will definitely dream when I sleep every night. So good! Some ppl dun dream, like my hubby. It shows that they are really sleeping. For me I think I dream 60% and sleep 40%. haha!!

CWL

haha.. yup! its fun to do some knitting since we shouldnt be sitting infront of the computer for too long. plus the baby can use it when he/she is born. i intend to knit a pair of mittens then a baby cocoon next. :)
the dream was when we just got married i think.. he will tease me about it every now n then..
after being preggy i have to keep a water bottle beside my bed since i get thirsty in the middle of the night..
so busy.. need to drink water then at regular intervals need to go pee.. dun think i have time to dream.. >_<

Wow so sweet to do knitting for your baby! It must be very sweet when u see your baby wearing it the next time. :)

CWL

anyway have any of you mummies got started on stretchmark creams? i happened to drop by metro yesterday and they were having a 20% storewide sale so i got clarins stretchmark control cream and tonic body oil to try. the SA said they're both recommended during pregnancy so with the discount, i thought it was worth a try. paid $130+ for both bottles, and it was mentioned the bottles can last 2 months with daily use. i hope it works! i don't plan to start using until i'm in the 2nd trimester though (two weeks to go!!) just to be on the safer side. any mummies used stretchmark creams/oils in the first tri?

and out of curiousity, which gynaes/clinics are you mummies going to right now? or has it been already discussed and i missed the topic?
Hi wondershine, I start using stretch mark cream from 2nd trimester onwards. I am using mothercare stretch mark cream for my no.1, not ex abt $30 plus and can use for abt 2 months per bottle. I still got half bottle left and will start using it after I hit my 2nd trimester. For my gynea check I went to Thomson Women Clinic at Sembawang and my gynea is Dr Lawrence Ang. He was my gynea for my no. 1 and I just continue to see him for my current baby. :) I just went to see him this Mrn and heard my baby's heartbeat. So happy! I am at Thomson Medical now waiting for my Oscar scan. Will update u mummies later!

CWL

Oh not yet.. I am just thinking of ordering the Shorts .. Coz all my shorts is very tight already hee
Hi D_I, I think I will be using my maternity clothes from my previous wan. So not buying any more except buy 2 pieces for CNY. I think by CNY we will be about 6 - 7 months pregnant? So exciting to go house visiting with our cute little bumps ya. Hehe.. Yup u can start to buy maternity pants le, can last quite long actually

CWL

Hi to ALL Mummies/Mummies to Be..

I am new in this forum and have yet to see a gynae. I should be around 9 weeks by now and have arranged for an appt with Dr Lee at Lucky Plaza by Week 11. Purposely wanna make it a memorable day as it will be our 2nd Anniversary on that day...

Super excited and looking forward for it! Hehehe...

I am still trying to read through all the posts here and it will take some time. Thanks all for sharing your experiences...

Congrats to ALL!!!!!
Congrats to you and welcome to join us! Feel free to share your experience ya!

CWL

are all of you here going for the oscar/down syndrome screening? hubby and i have been discussing it to no end and im still very partial towards it. i want to go for it but at the same time worried it will stress me for the rest of my pregnancy. i read that the results of the scan are not as accurate as the invasive test, which of course we will never do because of the risks of miscariage and stuff. i'm 26 this year, so is my hubby, no known history of down syndrome in our family, so do you think we should skip the test and be less stressed or go for it and be more informed? sigh, hate decision-making! and my appt is tomorrow, i have yet to apply for leave from work or cancel it! can't decide!
Hi I just did my blood test and Oscar scan, results will be sent to my doc's clinic next week. My gynea will explain to me during my next visit. I think your risk is very low since both u and your hubby are very young and no family history. For me and hubby we did all the necessary and optional tests to be very sure of our baby's health. If I didn't do the scan I think I will be more worried ba.

yuzudinga

Wow so sweet to do knitting for your baby! It must be very sweet when u see your baby wearing it the next time. :)
haha.. i like handicrafts n believe its just a starting craze when i get so excited, so i better get things started n done before i get too lazy to move later on.. :p

Dilys

Hey Janette,

Oh I din receive anything in my Private msg. Don't know what's wrong !
Thanks for recommending ... I already got it from strawberrynet. Is the the right one?03316321601.jpgHopefully it works on me! I am so desperate .. Yesteday It's my 1st time that I break down & cried in front of my hubby twice cos' of my peeling skin on my face now. It's affecting me badly .. mentally & physically cos' never in my life I have such worst complexion before.

Don't worry I will be fine ! How are you today .. Janette !

Dilys

Hi Wondershine ...

Thanks alot for your reminder & recommendment. Oh I will try out Aloe Vera.. My face is peeling so much like a snake now ... Yuckie..

Dilys

Yes I am going for my Oscar (2 weeks later). Hubby & I decided to go tru no matter wherether result comes out positive or neg. If its positive .. at least we are prepared to bring up a abormal child.. If negative, of cos we are stress free.

Our family don;t have any history but .. we don't take this for granted in life .. so It's safe to go for it ! Jia you ...

Dilys

Hi Yuzudinga,

Thank you for your encouragement .. Yes I am washing just using water ... I will let my skin peel ... maybe i will look better after peeling .. hehe

CWL

Hey Janette,

Oh I din receive anything in my Private msg. Don't know what's wrong !
Thanks for recommending ... I already got it from strawberrynet. Is the the right one?View attachment 64775Hopefully it works on me! I am so desperate .. Yesteday It's my 1st time that I break down & cried in front of my hubby twice cos' of my peeling skin on my face now. It's affecting me badly .. mentally & physically cos' never in my life I have such worst complexion before.

Don't worry I will be fine ! How are you today .. Janette !
Oh dear pls dun breakdown because of your skin. It's very normal to have outbreaks during pregnancy. It's the hormones ya. For me I hv very dry skin and now got more freakles and pimples. But dun worry ya, after birth our skin will be better. I was thinking after birth then go slimming, do my face. Haha! Now no choice hv to be ugly for a while oops..

Anxious31

Hi mummies! Seems like no one having oily face.... I've oily skin all my life and now havin more breakouts than ever but yet cannot use acne pdts so am very sad looking in the mirror too... Hope it'll get better as we move into our 2nd trimester.

Dillys: continue to b positive! Hope your new pdt will b able to help u!

1030am: Eat
130pm: Nap
3pm: Eat
430pm: Nap
530pm: TV time
730pm: Eat
9pm: TV Time
12mn: Sleep

Ohh... I feel like a pig....

Anxious31

haha.. i like handicrafts n believe its just a starting craze when i get so excited, so i better get things started n done before i get too lazy to move later on.. :p
Yuzudinga, it's really great that u can knit and already doing things for your little one... It will be so memorable... For me, I cant knit and I haven't really got into the reality of being pregnant except the constant reminder from my heartburn. Just lazing ard....

Btw, anyone of you reading the book, "What to expect, when you are expecting"?

Cristae

Hi all mummies,

So happy to know that all of you are doing well.. I've been so busy at work so was MIA for awhile... :)

I'm having outbreaks too but havent found a solution... N going for OSCAR test in 3 weeks time.. Jus went to see Gynae yest and bb is now 2.5cm... It was moving quite a few times during the ultrasound scan... :)

Jia You everyone...

Dilys

Hi mummies ...

Thanks for all your encouragement. Don't worry I will be fine! My Hubby just cut some Japanese cucumber and put it all over my face. The feeling is really nice .. Very cold .. The peeling no more that painful. My Hubby keep ensuring me that I will be alright .. He is telling me maybe after the peeling skin will be smoother..

He promise a facial treatment package for me if my skin doesn't get better after deliver! Haha.. At least this sooth me now for this moment when I m so down... The feeling sucks ...

xiaodaisy

are all of you here going for the oscar/down syndrome screening? hubby and i have been discussing it to no end and im still very partial towards it. i want to go for it but at the same time worried it will stress me for the rest of my pregnancy. i read that the results of the scan are not as accurate as the invasive test, which of course we will never do because of the risks of miscariage and stuff. i'm 26 this year, so is my hubby, no known history of down syndrome in our family, so do you think we should skip the test and be less stressed or go for it and be more informed? sigh, hate decision-making! and my appt is tomorrow, i have yet to apply for leave from work or cancel it! can't decide!
i'm 26 this yr , am not doing oscar as gynae told me i did not have to do it cos my age is safe and family history is fine too ..

if ur able to accept the kid regardless of anything , i tink its ok to skip the test unless u want to make urself mentally prepare for it

if ur not able to accept , den do the test for a peace of mind .. =)

good luck =) update on us on ur decision again k ! =D

nyati22

Hi Dilys,
I'll be seeing my gynae in 2 weeks time. His name is Dr Lee, recommended by a close friend. He's clinic is at Lucky Plaza and the package he offered is quite ex but I was told that there would be rebates! Hahaha... Will update more once I Have confirm the details!