EDD Aug 2011

Carisella

Hi all,

Jus to intro, I'm 13 wk and 1 day preg... My Doc is Dr Woo Bit Hua from TiongBahru TMC.
Q is good.. normally I will register and walk ard while waiting for them to call me.

Would like to know when is it a good time to go for all the shopping???
Pretty stress up since have to fork out a sum of $ from time to time. So thot, I might wanna spread out the spendings for big items like pram, pump and clot...

To Angel,

I'm going for the test tml. He quote me abt 300++ for the test.
Hope this helps.. :D
How come yours so expensive? I was quoted $250 at the clinic for DS test and Full detailed scan at 20th week .. nurse told me said separate will be very expensive.. package cheaper

jovin83

How come yours so expensive? I was quoted $250 at the clinic for dear son test and Full detailed scan at 20th week .. nurse told me said separate will be very expensive.. package cheaper

Huh $250 .. hmm not too sure also.. is OScar test right? Yup he quote me 300++
But not sure if this amt include 20 wk details scan which I suppose not.

Cost I have paid so Far is $695 - from my 2nd visit to delivery, routine consultation and scan

Then OSCAR at 300++..

The rest I'm not sure.. But am I suppose to pay again for 20 Wks detailed scan.. that's horrible..so much paying.

Carisella

Huh $250 .. hmm not too sure also.. is OScar test right? Yup he quote me 300++
But not sure if this amt include 20 wk details scan which I suppose not.

Cost I have paid so Far is $695 - from my 2nd visit to delivery, routine consultation and scan

Then OSCAR at 300++..

The rest I'm not sure.. But am I suppose to pay again for 20 Wks detailed scan.. that's horrible..so much paying.
Not Oscar ..
The name of the two test stated on the piece of slip i was given are
11 - 14 week Nuchal Translucency (Down's Syndrome Risk Assessment) and FA Scan - Obstetric U/S (18 - 22 wks)

serenepng77

Good afternoon mummies.. I went for the FTS testerday, KK's package for DS scan + DS blood test was $321 i think. Gynae requested for me to take an additional blood test total I paid $412.. Took a huge tube of blood :embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed:
Got the combined results today, ratio 1: 2646, was initially very worried last night coz yesterday scan result score was 1:372 coz baby's neck was kinda "borderline" acceptable.. and was scared that the blood test will lower the ratio.. At least today's combined results can sleep in peace for now, that is until the next 20th week detailed scan...
Good thing about the scan is can stare at the baby for whole 20mins in all directions :001_302::001_302::001_302:

jovin83

Hi, just back after the Oscar test.. The test is like some detailed scan to check for down syndrome include a blood sample too.. Ouch! Not too bad, manage to see my little one cross it's legs.. Must be enjoying inside while the mummy here can wait to see him/her soon. They charge me 318 after all the gst and Svc charge. Oh.. Manage to join both TMC and Mt A hospital tour.. Both Hubby and I still thinks TMC is still the best! So hope this will be the Bb birth place :)

kimyen

I'll be going for my check up 2moro.

No idea what doctor will be checking though.

Both hubby and I are so excited.

tehsusu79

I'll be going for my check up 2moro.

No idea what doctor will be checking though.

Both hubby and I are so excited.

Hi Kimyen,

I noticed that we have the same EDD!

Have you gone for your N T scan yet? If not, then am sure your Doc will be scheduling one pretty soon.

Mine is set on this coming Fri at TMC. Can't wait too!

tehsusu79

Oic.

But it's so costly.

KKH charges me like $300 ++

I'll let you know how much is mine after I go on this coming Friday because i remember my gyne told me it's only 100+ over at TMC w/o blood test.

My gyne is doing my blood test only on 12 Mar.

Anyway, it's your preference and choice to do it or not. I consider myself to be overage for a first time mother so I opt to do it for a peace of mind. :)

hakisumi

Hi all mtbz...

I paid abt 470++ for blood test + Oscar test + consultation
Oscar test mainly check for the thickness of the neck of the bb,and other detailed scan like the heart,brain,limbs,nose ..etc.. ( based on wat my gynae talk to me when scanning)

for me 1st baby,I gained 2-3kg every mth,so end of preggy I gain 20+ kg mostly on me coz dear son is only 3 kg,den after give birth,I drop 8kg hence got abt 12kg to shed...

This preggy,I lost 3kg ..till now..

So it's different ...

Take care all mtb..chat soon:001_302:

tehsusu79

Hi all mtbz...

I paid about 470++ for blood test + Oscar test + consultation
Oscar test mainly check for the thickness of the neck of the baby,and other detailed scan like the heart,brain,limbs,nose ..etc.. ( based on what my gynae talk to me when scanning)

for me 1st baby,I gained 2-3kg every month,so end of preggy I gain 20+ kg mostly on me coz dear son is only 3 kg,then after give birth,I drop 8kg hence got about 12kg to shed...

This preggy,I lost 3kg ..till now..

So it's different ...

Take care all mtb..chat soon:001_302:
my gynae told me that I was gaining weight too fast. so far I have put on 2.2kg and am at 12 weeks. I thought that was an ok rate weight gain but he said that since I am overweight, my ideal weight gain should be ard 10kg throughout my pregnancy. :(

haizzzzz, how to control? when your bb tells u that u're hungry n have to eat like NOW then hv to eat lor. hv tried 6 small meals a day but its not helping instead it made me more hungry at night. I get hungry almost every 4-5 hrs and hv cravings for super super spicy food. Give me chilli padi n beehoon fish soup then i'm in 7th heaven.

some mother friends told me that breast-feeding helps to lose weight faster. Hakisumi, hv u tried?

hakisumi

Hi tehsusu mummy...

My 1st preggy I also eat ...lil lil meals but end up eating more and put on weight every mth..
Cheesy stuffs..fries..all I like..lol..
Breakfast..teabreak..lunch..snack..dinner..but no supper but still put on weight..

I do heard of breast feeding slim dwn faster but it's v individual..cz I heard if u breast feed u cannot dun eat..cz ur bb will need ur milk milk..nutrients n stuffs.

I hv frenz tat nvr bf (breast feed) for long..back to normal size but myb jus the addn 1-2kg..n also those bf also nv slim dwn alot..indeed they say bf burn calories..so ultimately it's still v indivdual..

bunny mummy

hi, i'm also due in aug, my gynae is dr suresh nair at mt e - gynecology consultant. i was intro to him for check up in 2009, and had stucked with him since. he is not cheap but is a very gentle doc. the senior nurse with him susanna is superb. you can call her anytime for advise. recently i had a terrible headache which didnt go away and i had called her to check if i can take penadol to ease my trobbing headache. her advise was good. the regular (green white packing) penadol, 1 or 2 tablet.

by the way, anyone know of any good confinement lady with good track records?

bunny mummy

hi pipilili

i am on wk 13+ and had been on mc since xmas 2010. if all goes well, i will be back to work mid next week at the end of my mc. tv has been wactching me apart from occassional emails, walk around the house plus my weekly injections. it is indeed bored, but no choice, better listen to doc. also better not to do too much or walk and stand too much. i was lucky that i didnt put on much weight during this period, was worried as i can put on weight easily but hard to shed off after.

so far i still hv occassional morning sickness, so i have my ginger tea (without sugar), where i will add some honey to sweeten the taste. yup ... i can relate to the emotional part, my tear can just flow when i see sad scenes. tummy bloated at times as bowel movement is not as ''shiok'' nowadays, so my cure is to eat guava (fresh ones), and the next day i will feel damn good after my business!! haaa. skin is dryer on some parts of my body, but face wise is oilyer ... i had pimples almost weekly 1 by 1 that pop out around my mouth. not sure was it from ginger or body is just heaty!