EDD Aug 2011

engel

Will keep u informed if I reach there earlier than you....
Apparently my friend isn't awake yet...... Bahhhhh....

pipilili

Seems like there is also a chg of plans for me.

My parents just told me that they are going to Waterloo street to pray...so Tampines/Expo will be either tomr or no more.

I have already got a list of what to buy in giant...now I just got to see if I can get it cheaper at OG Albert or Waterloo Queen St shop.

I AM HOME!!! apparently, my contractions were caused by fungal infection...scary...I keep myself so damn clean already still kena.and the doc said that a lot of mummies also get it often..just that becos in my case my placenta is low plus cord is 2 rounds around the baby's neck so he asked me to faster go down. So i had contractions every 6 mins. They put me on ventolin to stop the contractions for 2 days straight. and gave my baby steriods to mature her lungs in case she comes out too early.. but ALL IS WELL! hahahaa i pre register also. scare me to death...

pipilili

Evangeline89,
You steady lah....talk about infection, I think I am also having some kind of infection man....cos recently I can feel a pimple ard the right side lip of my V. Try to scratch it off but cannot come off and feels abit like pimple.

B/c I can no longer see, I ask hubby to chk for me...he tell me nothing!!!! Eeekkk!! Confirm there is something lah...yesterday, I still wash with Sebmed twice. I think it's a pimple or something cos today my panty got abit of blood at the side...seems like it caused by me, trying to press and find the pimple yesterday nite.

I think I got to tell the gynae to chk...but I got no contractions.

What kind of infection is that? So serious?

FUNGAL INFECTION. People please be careful....our womanhood is more prone to all these rubbish infection and it is the main cause for preterm labour. I didn't know i had an infection cos it was internal. Until the gynae took a sample from my inside, the discharge was like cottage cheese den he immediately put me on antibiotics...

I think your pimple is cos too heaty already la....lol,,put cold compress...i going to do pedi and mani and watch movie later..lol..kena 'locked' in hospital for 3 days..argh!!!

pipilili

Evangeline89,
I also need to do some GBS test in my next visit...also need to take out some discharge to test to make sure dun have infection. Chia Latt.....looking at my 'pimple' case, I think I may kenna infection osoo..

Btw, 'pimple' at V lip not really pimple looking. Hubby told me it's the same colour as my skin but darker!!! Sounds scary!!! Anyway sure got to report to gynae or else later anything happen, also dunno.

Evangeline89,
I also need to do some GBS test in my next visit...also need to take out some discharge to test to make sure dun have infection. Chia Latt.....looking at my 'pimple' case, I think I may kenna infection osoo..

Btw, 'pimple' at V lip not really pimple looking. Hubby told me it's the same colour as my skin but darker!!! Sounds scary!!! Anyway sure got to report to gynae or else later anything happen, also dunno.
I think your hubby also confused la...LOL....better ask the gynae...

JocelynYL

Hi pipilili ,
Can share with me which website u bought the medela free style breast pump? I m thinking to buy one too...

jessmummy

Hello mummies!

Today went to check up and scan my little one after 6 weeks. All's well, very cute and chubby looking :p head position downwards already and est weight is 1.4kg (is this OK?) im currently 29w3d

out of curiosity I tried to get the doc to tell me the full length but he said it's not possible (i think its the position). how do your docs measure the length of your little one?

Hello mummies!

Today went to check up and scan my little one after 6 weeks. All's well, very cute and chubby looking :p head position downwards already and est weight is 1.4kg (is this OK?) im currently 29w3d

out of curiosity I tried to get the doc to tell me the full length but he said it's not possible (i think its the position). how do your docs measure the length of your little one?
My baby was 1.6kg at 30 weeks. Chubby looking but she was measuring 42cm at that time. My doc told me the full length from the femur length. My baby is head down already too.

engel

Regarding sale at expo, if you guys are buying the bigger purchases for eg strollers , cots, car seats, or the more expensive items like breast pumps , baby monitors. Would b worth it to head down . Avent have good discounts. Sorry cannot remember the prices for the pumps, but they have packages I think. about the same as sales at Taka baby fair, but seem to have more variety.
They have baby monitor with night vision for 299, usual was 400++.... thinking of getting that...steamers and sterilizers all on sale...

Diapers ; pampers, huggies and goon having promotion....

Those looking for maternity bras, there was a booth selling them for like 10 bucks per pc.... Plain designed though....

Strollers, car seats ... good deals from spring maternity I think... But more For brands like maxi cosi for car seats. Some booth having sale for cots.... But got turned off by foam matteresses ....

To me the best deal would b from stokke, they r selling the stroller for 1799( had gotten mine at 2.2)...the new car seat at about 150-200 off... And the high chair at discounted price as well...:/ ... Contemplating on getting the car seat for number 2....Plus they throw in vouchers ranging from 100-400 depending on items purchased...

Some booths on the prenatal and post natal massages... And educational booths, weirdly no playgym booths though....

Overall, would find it pointless if ure goin there to just get everyday essentials that could b bought in stores just slightly cheaper, or ure looking for toys, books or clothes for your baby . The maternity clothes sold are frumpy:/.... And baby clothes , nothing to shout about...

But if you guys have time to kill and just wanna get a breather, then why not:) .
Have fun...

happyeliz

Engel : thanks for sharing, by the way do you remember how much is avent milk bottles?
Evangeline : are you ok? Do take good care:)
Now after I read the posts about fungal infection , I feel worried ... I must wash more thoroughly and more often ... I used to have yeast infection easily:(
Jocelyn and Jess: I'm feeling very very tired too don know how to tahan till august..
Can't sleep well at night. And often feeling giddy and restless while at work . Can we drink chicken essence ??

thanks happyeliz....i am ok already. fungal is very very scary..I had no itching and no smell...actually dun wash too much, it'll wash off your natural good enzymes. Eat more yogurt.

I am feeling damn tired all the time also....I think its very normal during the last trim...i got 8 more weeks to go. All i can think of is zzzzzzzz..hahahaaha. Chicken essence is heaty i think..try not to take too much..

jessmummy

eliz,, im very tired all the time.. each lunch time i nap for like 2 hours before heading back out to work! :p i never drink chicken essence because i never thought of it, even if i did i think its too heaty and may cause baby to be active too (like not active enough already :p).. i cant wait for aug to come to see my little one. but at the mean time really dread the heat in Aug

crazycat

I AM HOME!!! apparently, my contractions were caused by fungal infection...scary...I keep myself so damn clean already still kena.and the doc said that a lot of mummies also get it often..just that becos in my case my placenta is low plus cord is 2 rounds around the baby's neck so he asked me to faster go down. So i had contractions every 6 mins. They put me on ventolin to stop the contractions for 2 days straight. and gave my baby steriods to mature her lungs in case she comes out too early.. but ALL IS WELL! hahahaa i pre register also. scare me to death...
ooh no~ do take care.. take lotsa yogurt for fungal infections and cranberry juice for uti... I also have low placenta... got fungal and UTI for like 3 - 4 times since my I got pregnant! Gynae told me that i am a carrier for this duno what infection which make me get all this easily... too much of washing with those feminine wash is not good also... anyway, good to hear that all is well~ =)

Hello mummies!

I'm also 29weeks plus... baby only weight 1.2kg... still sleeping sideways eh. I dun wanna go c-sect... and i have also lost weight.... I now only gain like 1.1kg since I got pregnant! baby is heavier then the weight i gained... but gynae ensure me that all is well... Hopefully my gynae is not hiding anything from me... *cos some gynae do that so that mummy dun get over worried... =/

Dear all mummies,
anyone of u have FB and would like to add me in? or mayb we can do a personal Aug 2011 mummy group in FB to keep in contact... =)

Do you girl have itch on ur belly button??? cos mine is like shrinking and it's darn itchy!!!

Last edited:

Gluttonish

Hmmm... think i must start eating my anti-biotics! i acually failed my GBS test, but too lazy to start on my anti-biotics! thought can wait till nearer to EDD then i start clearing them up. Didn't know its one of the main cause for preterm labour!