EDD Aug 2011

jovin83

Yar.. 9 hrs is pretty fast.. Normally i heard is 12 Hrs :( me too feeling gan chiong.. when will the sign shows.. night better.. since hubby will be hm. Btw, 1 question in mind, now that i'm 37 weeks and 4 days.. not dilated yet. Am I safe to go walk walk by myself? Hubby is busy and to look for someone to go window shopping with me I dun think ppl free leh.. left with my MIL and mum.. hahah both will nag if i shop too much :p so... will it be oki? Thanks!!

engel

jovin ...Errr.... I still go walk walk by myself leh... Sometimes with my small girl...
I'll still have to head to town for a couple of hrs of work tomr then hopefully shop abit:D
how's ure work from home coming along?

jovin83

Working from home is ok.. jus abit hot. Given the weather in SG. So sad..tml I need to drop by office for some matters as well....guess will be on cab! Lazy to walk a distance to office.

Purpeace

Hi Engel,

Thanks. :D

Hi Jovin,

I am turning 38 weeks tomorrow, I still go walk walk but in between i take a tea/yogurt/snack break. But dont't buy so many things unless you are meeting your hubby after shopping. :)

Just wanna check will anyone of you bathe during your stay in the hospital after delivery? I wish to bathe after reading articles that it is hygenic and safe but yet i am afraid of the traditional beliefs of confinement... Dilemma.

engel

I mentioned couple of posts back, I'll shower after delivery. I think Jess mentioned she would as well.... But up to individual I guess....
Some moms or mother in laws wouldn't like us to, so to please them, you might not want to:) or I've read some buy special flower petals water or something like that?.....

Hi Engel,

Thanks. :D

Hi Jovin,

I am turning 38 weeks tomorrow, I still go walk walk but in between i take a tea/yogurt/snack break. But dont't buy so many things unless you are meeting your hubby after shopping. :)

Just wanna check will anyone of you bathe during your stay in the hospital after delivery? I wish to bathe after reading articles that it is hygenic and safe but yet i am afraid of the traditional beliefs of confinement... Dilemma.

Purpeace

Thanks for sharing engel.

Probably i will take a warm shower this time round if my body allows me to. Can always shower when the mums are not around. Hee.

My hubby told me i don't smell good (stale sweat smell) after delivery of my first baby, and best still, i showered with herbs only 10 days after my first delivery cause i do jamu massage and wrap as well.

Am excited that i am going to go through this all over again.. wish me luck. :)

hakisumi

Hi purpeace,
I didn't shower in the hospital for my #1, just wipe dry
Come home I shower w herbs everyday,den on the 12th day den I wash my hair

There r mummies who still bathe n wash hair everydae..really depends on individual :)

Last edited:

Purpeace

Hi Hakisumi,

Thanks for sharing.

Its probably a good idea also to officially bathe with herbs when home.
I shall see after i deliver, cause for my first delivery, i just felt too weak and aching to walk. I am on bed almost 24/7 except to go pee with nurse's assistance.

We are almost due the same time.. where will you be delivering at?

kimyen

Halo,

my EDD is 28th Aug 2011 as per KKH

but private gynae was saying 21st Aug 2011.

Hahaha

Anyway, went to private gynae cos can see scan of baby each and everytime and cost is slightly cheaper only for the procedures, KKH (Subsidized) is of cos very very cheap.

Sometimes just feel U pay peanuts, u get monkeys.

Haiz ... ....

serenepng77

Hi all mummies.. so exciting to hear us starting to pop!!:Dancing_tongue:
I went to see my gynae tdy and made my c-section appt on 19th Aug.. hopefully baby will be good and dun come out 'earlier'...

All things prepared for his big arrival, now just excited to see this little baby in person on 19th Aug!

hakisumi

Hi purpeace..

Me on 12th aug ..will b at MT a.. Hw abt u?
Me 1st bb..hmmm...on bed...but sometimes can't slp so go see bb at nursery..think bk shld b almost in bed not exactly bcos tired..I was full of energy but it's better to stay in bed..cz we jus "heal"

Hope my 2nd will b so smooth as my #1

hakisumi

Hi kimyen..

Sometimes it's worth wat u paid for.. Heard Kk also like v chin chai.. Dunno true or not..anyway
It's hard to say when bb ll come..anyway it's an estimation.. Hehe..
Gd to see ya here!

Purpeace

Yes, its kinda exciting... i keep flashing back my memories to the time i delivered my #1.

It was a Saturday morning and when i get myself out of bed to wash up, the 'show' appeared. I felt gan cheong and excited and faster inform my hubby and called my gynae's clinic. The nurse told me to monitor closely and if i have contractions then go to hospital.

By 1pm, i start to feel mild contractions at regular interval of about 30 mins each time, i just ignore and continue to stay home watch TV, knowing it's D-Day. By 5.30pm, the contractions start to get more intense and at 15 mins interval each time. I promptly go take a scrub clean shower (knowing i may not be able to shower for one month) and set off to hospital. I was 3cm dilated when the nurse checked and immediately put to labour ward with drip and from then onwards the contractions are 5 mins apart and more intense. I tolerated 3 hrs of pain but only 5cm dilated, then i decided on epidural. By the time epidural was given, the effect didnt really offset the pain but just 1 hour after epidural, i was fully dilated and was just waiting for Dr to arrive to deliver my baby...the rest... as they say, was history.

Come to think of it, it is not a bad experience afterall for a first time mum then and i hope my 2nd delivery would be similar to the first one. But this time round, i am determined to go epidural free. :)

engel

Kk has the highest birth recorded if im not wrong.... :)... Not a valid reason, but due to high 'traffic' , bound to have some lapses.... Sigh....

Sigh.... Now at raffles place.... So many ppl....:/

Purpeace

Hi Hakisumi,

My EDD is on 18 Aug and i am delivering at TMC this time.
I delivered my #1 at Mt A too, but cause i changed gynae and my gynae only delivers in TMC, so this time round can try out TMC services.

Guess i also feel the same way thats why rather stay in bed than walk around.
Can you believe i never even walk out of my ward and go visit the nursery then despite the nursery is just beside my ward. Haha.

Let's hope we will all have a smooth and easy delivery to a healthy baby. :)

hakisumi

Haha... I see...
Epi free arh?? I dare not imagine...
Me #1 is totally no feel cos me is induced
So it's epi from the start..lolo..dbt I can take it
I also hope #2 to b like #1..

I like MT a, Thomson medical nw also v popular..new
Haiz...wait wait wait....

But now I feel so tired..myb bcos I dun slp well at night..after bkfast I nap,den after light lunch I nap agn..lolo..

pipi

hi, i turned 37weeks today and planning to get induced by 38weeks or 39weeks. i've been having trouble walking, cause i feel baby is going to 'drop-out'. i lost my mucus plug a week ago. she's very low that it hurst me when i pee or walk :( should i ask the doctor to induce me ? not feel any contractions yet tho :(