EDD Aug 2011

jovin83

Jovin83, i think my situtation is similar as yours, how many weeks are you now??
In my 39 weeks. Yesterday have examination then slowly the mucus seems to comes out bit by bit. And I am getting so excited here ha ha ha. Not much contractions. Hmmm

jovin83

Congrats Hakisumi. Another bundle of joy arrived. :)

I am going for CTG tomorrow morning which i think its kinda unnecessary. Is it only TMC patients have to do that? My first pregnancy from Mt E gynae never mention anything about doing CTG... been hoping baby can pop before tomorrow so i can skip this test... but still... Zzzzzzz.

By the way, how do you gers know how many cm dilated you are 2-3 weeks in advance of your EDD and that you needed to be induce cause its already 2 or 3 cm dilated? My gynae never check on that for the past few weeks that i visited him... ??
I think he did for me on my 38 week.. Very uncomfortable to check dilation :( now is 1 cm open in my 39 weeks. I am also from TMC but never check the contractions leh :(

Purpeace

Hmm, seems like different gynae practises different style...
Well, shalll see what im getting for CTG tomorrow. Hopefully can at the same time be the 'real thing' for me and i can deliver my gal tomorrow. :)

Wish me luck!

kimyen

I was previous;y from TMC but nvr had CTG done too.

Anyway, my gynae was not from TMC direct but he delivers at TMC.

Let's hope U get what U want.

Hmm, seems like different gynae practises different style...
Well, shalll see what im getting for CTG tomorrow. Hopefully can at the same time be the 'real thing' for me and i can deliver my gal tomorrow. :)

Wish me luck!

hakisumi

Thx for the well wishes..

Ctg suppose to test whether u hv regular contractions,n bb heart beat
The closer it is ,means contraction
Cz if u hv contraction,bb heart rate is faster cos bb is Kan chiong

My #1 I did 3 ctg @ my gynae clinic
This #2 only did once.

I believe when u do ur ctg test,from the report the doc is able to determine the contractions den he/she ll chk if u r dilated.
If the report show no contraction means bb is still comfy inside.

Jovin83: yes..I m amazed that I can feel that fart,I was so scare if I really let it go it's actually my bb not a fart..
Cz when midwives say u ll feel as if u wanna pass motion..I m like.... Me on epi can feel mehhh??? Lololol

Good luck to all mummies to be..

JocelynYL

IMG_0290.jpg
hi all, I've delivered my little princess on 8/8/2011 at hour 1717 .:wong19:
Here is my delivery experience.
7am, I feel pain in my back and lower tummy, dun even know that is contraction, the interval about 10 mins apart.

8am to 10 am, I monitored the pain at my back, it's interval about 5 to 10 mins also, i wondered that's just false alarm.. it's bcoz doctor said my baby might overdue for a few days.

1030am, my hubby came back, I slowly take shower and packed the remaining things for hospitalization.

11am -12pm, had my lunch in full first just in case my dilation is slow for first baby.

12.40pm , reached hospital, no delivery suite yet, got to wait for a while. While waiting, my tears come out automatically. The nurse quickly arrange me into a delivery suite which is for water birth..

1.00pm, nurse checked me for dilation, already 5cm dilation. I opted for epidural. After that nurse asked me to poo.

1.30pm, anesthetic came for my epidural. After that I can feel my legs numb and whole body shivering. That's the side effect.

2.pm to 4pm, while waiting for dilation and whole body is shivering, I can only sleep. Nurse checked for my baby heart beat. It's not much moving. Maybe baby 's sleeping. Nurse keep waking baby up using something is gun with sound. baby still haven't wake up, i was given oxygen mask then.

4,30pm, fully dilated. nurse asked me to try to push. pushed a few times can see baby hair already.

5.pm, gynea came in . With assisted with vacuum, I only push 3 times for 3 contraction. Nurse help me to press my tummy hardly so that baby come out faster. Finally baby out at 517pm. :wong19:

After that stitching in progress and baby weight at 2.78kg. :001_302:
That's my delivery experience.

kimyen

Cute and Congratz
Where did u deliver?

View attachment 61508
7am, I feel pain in my back and lower tummy, dun even know that is contraction, the interval about 10 mins apart.

8am to 10 am, I monitored the pain at my back, it's interval about 5 to 10 mins also, i wondered that's just false alarm.. it's bcoz doctor said my baby might overdue for a few days.

1030am, my hubby came back, I slowly take shower and packed the remaining things for hospitalization.

11am -12pm, had my lunch in full first just in case my dilation is slow for first baby.

12.40pm , reached hospital, no delivery suite yet, got to wait for a while. While waiting, my tears come out automatically. The nurse quickly arrange me into a delivery suite which is for water birth..

1.00pm, nurse checked me for dilation, already 5cm dilation. I opted for epidural. After that nurse asked me to poo.

1.30pm, anesthetic came for my epidural. After that I can feel my legs numb and whole body shivering. That's the side effect.

2.pm to 4pm, while waiting for dilation and whole body is shivering, I can only sleep. Nurse checked for my baby heart beat. It's not much moving. Maybe baby 's sleeping. Nurse keep waking baby up using something is gun with sound. baby still haven't wake up, i was given oxygen mask then.

4,30pm, fully dilated. nurse asked me to try to push. pushed a few times can see baby hair already.

5.pm, gynea came in . With assisted with vacuum, I only push 3 times for 3 contraction. Nurse help me to press my tummy hardly so that baby come out faster. Finally baby out at 517pm. :wong19:

Littlemomos

Hi,

Congrats! Indeed lovely! U may call e indo auntie wati at 81098465. Tell her 352B sembawang recommended. Ask a person who can speak Malay to fix appt with her. If not, juz speak simple english like: u do massage? $50? Can come on xx day n time? However, engage her service only if u r prepared for e pain, if not, it's a torture! Relaxation kind makes u feel gd but somehow I feel my body needs more than tt n thus I went back to her. Now I'm havin bruises everywhere, she said there's wind so help me to focus on those areas n indeed those r the areas I feel " SNG!" I can't wait for each session to end every time she starts! Another 4 more days to go n tts it! ;-)

jovin83

View attachment 61508

Congrats!!! U seems very calm through out! Your little princess is beautiful! Take care and rest well :D

Purpeace

Congrats to you Jocelyn. :)

Its a smooth delivery for you and you have such a nice date and time of birth for your baby. *Blessed*

Do rest well and enjoy motherhood. Cheers! :)

Purpeace

Thanks for everyone's advise on CTG.

I Just done my CTG and check up today at TMC and base on the report... my baby is still very comfy in me. Heartbeat is normal... kicks are frequent and no contractions. Haha.. gynae also say my water bag still good, no wonder baby so comfy don't want to come out yet.

My next gynae appointment would be my due date, 18 Aug. Am contemplating if i should induce on that very day or continue to wait for baby to be overdue for a few more days.. gynae say the latest would be 23rd Aug. If still not out, also must induce.

Hubby wanted baby to arrive naturally but i thought sooner or later also must induce if baby still refuses to come out herself, why don't chose a date we like right?

What do you gers think?

jovin83

Thanks for everyone's advise on CTG.

I Just done my CTG and check up today at Thomson Medical Center and base on the report... my baby is still very comfy in me. Heartbeat is normal... kicks are frequent and no contractions. Haha.. gynae also say my water bag still good, no wonder baby so comfy dont't want to come out yet.

My next gynae appointment would be my due date, 18 Aug. Am contemplating if i should induce on that very day or continue to wait for baby to be overdue for a few more days.. gynae say the latest would be 23rd Aug. If still not out, also must induce.

Hubby wanted baby to arrive naturally but i thought sooner or later also must induce if baby still refuses to come out herself, why dont't chose a date we like right?

What do you gers think?
Hey me too... if induce. Lastest got to push him out by 23 Aug :D. I dun wish for him to come out on this date. Falls on my bdae.. doesnt seems very good to share my day with me leh. Moreover... bdae in hospital.. hahahaha.. sian.:(

Purpeace

Hi Jovin,

In this case do you plan to induce before that?
I actually like the date 18 Aug which is her due date... am praying that i dun need to be induced ultimately.

Anyway i think its nice if my child share the same bdae as me, every year can celebrate together. Guess its up to individual preference. :)

Let's hope we both can skip the agony of being induced.

jovin83

Actualli me and hubby both born on 15th lunar calendar. So this 14 Aug will be my chinese bdae.. dun mind if this 14 hahaha.. but still subject to my little prince's approval :D

joycelee

Hi Jovin,

In this case do you plan to induce before that?
I actually like the date 18 Aug which is her due date... am praying that i dont need to be induced ultimately.

Anyway i think its nice if my child share the same bdae as me, every year can celebrate together. Guess its up to individual preference. :)

Let's hope we both can skip the agony of being induced.
Hi mummies
Had my 38 wks checkup, my gynae say I'm not dilated at all he say normally ppl already start
dilate So he say if until near to my due date 28/08 still no dilation, he would suggest induce or c-section I told my mom she suggest me to wait until normal delivery which I hope so also cos induce already might not wrk and the feeling no good
So hopefully the doc will allow me to wait I also had my CRT done today, my gynae is under Thomson Medical Center , heartbeat normal Btw for mummies delivering at Thomson Medical Center, I thought we do not need to reserve the rm until we are admitted rite.

jovin83

Yup, they dun allow u to reserve the room. But will allow you to "choose" in advance and if say u chose single bedded and there isnt any they will put u to 2 bedded or give u a free upgrade lor. So is not realli reservation. Depend wat they have.. but bear in mind.. hahah we are still paying single rm rates even if no single available and they put u in 2 bedded.

Rosha

Hai all mother-to-be, I,m ROSHA a massage lady dat u need after ur delivery.My massage will make u feel more relax n confident in urself,beside taking care of ur tiny little baby of yours.If interested pls msg or called me for more details.This massage will follow up with ur own budget.(HP 93766413)

Last edited:

szecare

Hi all, after my check up yesterday got brownish discharge, but no contraction, no waterbag burst, no bleeding. Already 1cm dilated, doc suggest me^^ to walk more, so went to IKea last night n shop for 2 hours.. Nothing happen.. Today Hubby n mother in law acc me^^ for shopping from 11:30 till 7pm.. Still no news.. Haiz my bb girl really stubborn ah!!! 2.95 already for 38 weeks.. Think doc would suggest to induce me just in case my bb hit 3.4kg.. My normal is only 39kg before pregnancy.. Maybe I cannot tahan if natural birth..