EDD: August 2012

magikal

hello fellow mummies...

i am new here and yeah, this is my first pregnancy!

based on my own calculations, the EDD should be somewhere in Aug as well.

hopefully, next week i am able to know the EDD from my gyne ( second session).

during the first session, i had an ultrasound scan... however, it was still pretty small so had to reschedule for another time.

during the ultrasound scan, my gyne discovered that i have a tiny fibroid in the uterus as well... sounds scary but i am trying to stay positive and not letting it stressing me out~

i am approximately in my 6th week.. and yes, i do feel bloated too.

chrish

magikal and the rest of ladies here ~ congrats!

Me too, joining the august club :) 1st timer..excited yet very nervous!

mer17

So happy to know mummies whose EDD is also on Aug 2012!

Went to my first scan on Mon.. my gynae initially calculated my EDD to be 8-Aug, but after scan, she said my baby should only be 5 weeks big.. so my EDD should be 11-Aug.
Thou my baby is only 0.65cm, but I can already see the heartbeat! So exciting!
So far I did not really have MS, but head starts to get giddy on and off throughout the day. Is it common?

bertrande

hello, maiden post here on this forum. Just took a home pregnancy test on Monday so waiting to see gynae in two weeks' time. By calculation, EDD should be 22 August but will see what the gynae says. :) First timer too, so will be looking at the forum postings quite a bit!

hushhush

Congrats, Hmmm, during my 5th weeks, I felt giddy but no MS. I actually took alternate day leave for two weeks to sleep. I slept like whole day lor. But now I don't feel sleepy anymore, but getting alot of MS to the extend i had acid throw up.

So happy to know mummies whose EDD is also on Aug 2012!

Went to my first scan on Mon.. my gynae initially calculated my EDD to be 8-Aug, but after scan, she said my baby should only be 5 weeks big.. so my EDD should be 11-Aug.
Thou my baby is only 0.65cm, but I can already see the heartbeat! So exciting!
So far I did not really have MS, but head starts to get giddy on and off throughout the day. Is it common?

rangerlove

Hi All Mummies,

I'm new here too and just get to know I'm pregnant. :)

Based on online calculations, EDD should be end Aug.

Can someone tell me what to do now? I have not visit or make appt with any gynae? Can I just walk-in to Thomson Medical Center or Mt A to check?

:err:

mer17

I guess I'd spoken too quick.. I'm beginning to experience MS (but not necessary morning only), and I am also experiencing what you had experienced.. giddy and sleepy. Afterall.. it's not an easy 1st trimester. Just hoping that these feelings will end soon and quickly go into my 2nd trimester =)

Congrats, Hmmm, during my 5th weeks, I felt giddy but no MS. I actually took alternate day leave for two weeks to sleep. I slept like whole day . But now I dont't feel sleepy anymore, but getting alot of MS to the extend i had acid throw up.

mer17

Congrats! I'm new here too!
What I did when I tested positive on a home kit was, I went to visit a GP to confirm the test.
After that, I checked around for a more "reliable" gynae, and fixed an appt with the gynae.
Sometimes, if the gynae is popular, you might have to wait for a few weeks for your appt. Not sure if you can just walk-in to any hospital.. guess you'll still need to fix an appt?

Hi All Mummies,

I'm new here too and just get to know I'm pregnant. :)

Based on online calculations, EDD should be end Aug.

Can someone tell me what to do now? I have not visit or make appt with any gynae? Can I just walk-in to Thomson Medical Center or Mt A to check?

:err:

zaclin29

i dont know if i shld be worried....
i dont have any morning sickness at all! nor tired... nor cravings...
and recently i have stopped feeling hungry...
im getting paranoid now.... :(

magikal

hi mommies,

just got to know my EDD is on the 17th August...

tears welled up in my eyes upon hearing my baby's heart beat!!

i may not experience MS just as yet...however, i do have some food aversion.

i am often sleepy and gets thirsty frequently...

apart from all the changes that are occurring in our bodies... hopefully we can get through the first trimester positively.

best of luck to all mommies! :)

mer17

Just to share..
Yesterday nite I was having cramping in my tummy, which resulted me running to the loo a couple of times to vomit. The pain came and go a few times. That instance I was really scare (that I will MC *touchwood*). But after browsing the internet this morning, I was much relieved! Apparently cramping is rather common during early pregnancy.
So if you gals experience the same cramping, dun worry too much. Unless spotting occurs, or really severe, then better see the gynae.

chrish

Mer17,

i got dizziness too these days, esp when i go lay down to bed or getting up from bed..im kinda afraid now..afraid that i might not be getting enough iron in my diet..

Did you make any changes to your diet?

mer17

Ya i have made changes to my diet. I starts to drink full cream milk (the nurse told me that I should only start taking Anmum only after 3th mth).. read from the booklet which my gynae gv me, we should eat more rice, wholemeal bread, lean red meat, veggie, drink more water, fruit juice, soy milk etc.. I try not to take any cold drinks, unless bo bian.. And rem, no sashimi, sting ray..
Ask your gynae for med that can reduce ur giddiness maybe?
How many weeks are u now? Is it your first too?

Mer17,

i got dizziness too these days, esp when i go lay down to bed or getting up from bed..im kinda afraid now..afraid that i might not be getting enough iron in my diet..

mer17

Ya i have made changes to my diet. I starts to drink full cream milk (the nurse told me that I should only start taking Anmum only after 3th mth).. read from the booklet which my gynae gv me, we should eat more rice, wholemeal bread, lean red meat, veggie, drink more water, fruit juice, soy milk etc.. I try not to take any cold drinks, unless bo bian.. And rem, no sashimi, sting ray..
Ask your gynae for med that can reduce ur giddiness maybe?
How many weeks are u now? Is it your first too?

Mer17,

Last edited:

mer17

Can anyone pls advise me if it's ok to hold sharp objects like knives, scissors, etc...?
I'm confused! Some said it's fine, some advised me not to touch.
But how to cook if cannot??!!

chrish

Im not that pro medication as i don't want to affect bb..but I'll be going for my 1st scan/gyne appointment next thursday..so i'll ask him see how :)

Im in my 6th weeks now going 7th next tuesday :) Yes hehe, 1st pregancy and im nervous abt the birth already!!!:err:

Abt the sharp objects, i don't care..cos i think it's silly! Think abt ppl in other countries..i don't think they apply this to themselves and see, they still can reproduce mah....yeah how to cook or do 'normal' daily things around the hse then? Who to do?:tlaugh: