EDD: August 2012

mer17

Hmm.. our thread is so quiet..
Happy new year to all mummies!! A year for all of us to look forward to!

How are you gals coping so far?
I have been getting tired easily recently.. so sleepy during day time (but yet still have to work..). And I gets hungry very easily. My tummy starts to get bigger (previously my tummy was flat, but now it's abit protruding), but not sure if it's due to my increase food intake or it's really the bb growing. hehe!

Next Mon going for my 2nd scan, can't wait! Hopes my bb is progressing well! =)

zaclin29

Hmm.. our thread is so quiet..
Happy new year to all mummies!! A year for all of us to look forward to!

How are you gals coping so far?
I have been getting tired easily recently.. so sleepy during day time (but yet still have to work..). And I gets hungry very easily. My tummy starts to get bigger (previously my tummy was flat, but now it's abit protruding), but not sure if it's due to my increase food intake or it's really the bb growing. hehe!

Next Mon going for my 2nd scan, can't wait! Hopes my bb is progressing well! =)
Hey mer17,

How far along are you now?
I also find that my tummy is quite bloated now although I didnt eat alot.... and I think it is normal to feel bloated for now..
So far, I noticed that I will feel tired, nausea and have headache when I didnt take TCM meds.... (Yeah, Im still taking TCM now).. So TCM med really helps me with the pregnancy symptoms in a way.... :)

I'm going to have my 1st check up next Monday and hope I can hear the bb's heartbeat!

Happy New Year to all mummies!

mer17

I should be in my 7 weeks now.. the last checkup I went, gynae said about 5-weeks, cos she said my bb still very small. But prior to tat, based on calculating of my LM, she said it should be 6-weeks then. So I'm also not sure! Hope next week when I went for my check-up again, she will be able to confirm.

You taking TCM? My first gynae (I had changed to another one) told me to avoid taking herbs for the time-being. I think after my first tri, I should start taking some TCM too.

Is your appetite ok? Somehow food that I used to love, I find it non-appetizing now.. especially fish! Total turnoff!

Is this your first too? When is your EDD?

Hey mer17,

How far along are you now?
I also find that my tummy is quite bloated now although I didnt eat alot.... and I think it is normal to feel bloated for now..
So far, I noticed that I will feel tired, nausea and have headache when I didnt take TCM meds.... (Yeah, Im still taking TCM now).. So TCM med really helps me with the pregnancy symptoms in a way.... :)

I'm going to have my 1st check up next Monday and hope I can hear the bb's heartbeat!

Happy New Year to all mummies!

zaclin29

I should be in my 7 weeks now.. the last checkup I went, gynae said about 5-weeks, cos she said my bb still very small. But prior to tat, based on calculating of my LM, she said it should be 6-weeks then. So I'm also not sure! Hope next week when I went for my check-up again, she will be able to confirm.

You taking TCM? My first gynae (I had changed to another one) told me to avoid taking herbs for the time-being. I think after my first tri, I should start taking some TCM too.

Is your appetite ok? Somehow food that I used to love, I find it non-appetizing now.. especially fish! Total turnoff!

Is this your first too? When is your EDD?
So far my appetite is normal.. I only feel hungry at specific timings so it was kinda easy for me... :)
I don't get hungry easily but when the time to eat comes I'll be super hungry & gets irritated if I don't get my food fast... Haha...

I'll check with my Gynae on Monday if I can still continue to take TCM...

Yup this is my first and EDD ard 11 Aug..

Hi,

Based on online calculator my EDD should be 15 August
I have when for my scan at 5 weeks but cannot see the baby. jus the sac and water bag...
doc ask me to see her again this coming sat, by then i should be 8 weeks plus :)
but weekend i was having very bad cramp and MS. I couldnt eat for 3 days so i went to KKH O&G to check.
Doc prescribe me some hormones pills and folic
I asked the doc hows the baby she said normal. but nv say much... now i am very worried.. sigh...
at 7 weeks should be able to hear heart beat right?
seems like everyone can hear heart beat but my doc at KKH didnt let me hear or see anything!! Argghhh

mer17

My EDD is also estimated on 11 Aug! But based on my LM, it shd be 8-Aug.
Maybe the next check-up I went, gynae will tell me a diff EDD ;)

Me too! Gets irritated when I don't eat when hungry! haha!

So far my appetite is normal.. I only feel hungry at specific timings so it was kinda easy for me... :)
I don't get hungry easily but when the time to eat comes I'll be super hungry & gets irritated if I don't get my food fast... Haha...

I'll check with my Gynae on Monday if I can still continue to take TCM...

Yup this is my first and EDD ard 11 Aug..

mer17

Apparently cramps are quite normal during pregnancy, unless there's spotting.. cos our uterus is expanding.
I guess when the doc said normal, she means the bb is fine, so dun worry so much =)

When I went for my last scan, which is around my 5 weeks, I managed to see the heart beat (but can't hear leh!).
By 7 weeks, I'm sure you'll be able to see ur bb's heartbeat =)

Hi,

I have when for my scan at 5 weeks but cannot see the baby. jus the sac and water bag...
doc ask me to see her again this coming sat, by then i should be 8 weeks plus :)
but weekend i was having very bad cramp and MS. I couldnt eat for 3 days so i went to KKH O&G to check.
I asked the doc hows the baby she said normal. but nv say much... now i am very worried.. sigh...
seems like everyone can hear heart beat but my doc at KKH didnt let me hear or see anything!! Argghhh

Dilys

Hi,

Hi ..

Heartbeat usually will be detected heard between 8-10wks. Don't worry so much.. At 7 wks.. Gynae won't let you hear the heartbeat just to play safe cause baby still small not stable. How will you feel when heartbeat not detect at 7wks then you will start to panicked. Beside the looking at the flicking on the scan ( the heartbeat) . Heartbeat should be heard very loudly during the scan ! Jia you..

Dilys

Apparently cramps are quite normal during pregnancy, unless there's spotting.. cos our uterus is expanding.
I guess when the doc said normal, she means the bb is fine, so dun worry so much =)

When I went for my last scan, which is around my 5 weeks, I managed to see the heart beat (but can't hear leh!).
By 7 weeks, I'm sure you'll be able to see ur bb's heartbeat =)
Hi

Ermmm.. U can see the heartbeat but you can't hear at 5wks?? Hmmm ...

mamatobe

Hihi all mummies-to-be, I'm a mummy-to-be too! EDD is 26th Aug. Getting so excited now. Gynae said I'm at about 6.5 weeks and fetus size is only 5.5mm which is quite small. Anyone knows if it's normal? :)

Dilys

Hihi all mummies-to-be, I'm a mummy-to-be too! EDD is 26th Aug. Getting so excited now. Gynae said I'm at about 6.5 weeks and fetus size is only 5.5mm which is quite small. Anyone knows if it's normal? :)
Hi..

Congrats !! Of cos it's normal ... How big do you expect ur bb is at 6.5weeks dear?? :) 1st trimester... Do take care !!

mamatobe

Hi..

Congrats !! Of cos it's normal ... How big do you expect ur bb is at 6.5weeks dear?? :) 1st trimester... Do take care !!
Haha thanks sweets! It's my first pregnancy and I am super excited about it. Been eating and sleeping like nobody's business! Hahaha.

mer17

Ya, thru the scan, the doc juz showed me where's the bb's heartbeat, but I din manage to hear.
I duno why... hopefully my next scan, I'll be able to hear.

Hi

Ermmm.. U can see the heartbeat but you can't hear at 5wks?? Hmmm ...

Dilys

Ya, thru the scan, the doc juz showed me where's the bb's heartbeat, but I din manage to hear.
I duno why... hopefully my next scan, I'll be able to hear.
Oh u didn't ask your doc why?? Ermmm.. Anyway good luck !! :) Take care

chrish

Hey congrats all new MTBs!

I went for my scan just the day before on 5th, and can hear heartbeat very clearly as doc used a vaginal scan thingy to insert in to scan instead of the usual 'stomach ultrasound' scans whereby gel is put on stomach etc..so maybe those didn't hear the heartbeat is cos of the latter? But anyway, don't worry, will be able to see/hear further down the weeks...

zaclin29

Hey Mummies!

I just went for my 2nd scanning today at 9wks!
Went for my 1st scan at 5wks but the doc couldnt see anything, not even the water sac...

So I went to NUH for my 1st actual gynae appt and managed to see the baby, see the heartbeat (flickering light on the screen) and hear the heartbeat too! The heartbeat is so fast (2 times faster than ours) and loud! It was such a heartwarming moment...

My baby is only 2cm now and can see the feets and hands buds starting to grow..

We saw the baby moved too! It was quite active.. Hehe.. guess it was as excited as us..... :001_302:

My EDD is set on 12 Aug..

Starting from Wk8, I have been experiencing extreme fatigue... I can take 3 hrs nap on weekends afternoon... after shopping for an hr, ironing for 1hr or walking for 30mins, I just wanna go home and hit the bed... I really hate this feeling.... :(

Read that this is the time our body is busy "manufacturing" the placenta for the baby.... Plus yr hormones and metabolism have increased significantly and your blood sugar and blood pressure tend to be lower , you will feel as if u are competing in a triathlon each day.... Going to work is going to be a chore for now......

Dilys

Hey Mummies!

Went for my 1st scan at 5wks but the doc couldnt see anything, not even the water sac...

So I went to NUH for my 1st actual gynae appt and managed to see the baby, see the heartbeat (flickering light on the screen) and hear the heartbeat too! The heartbeat is so fast (2 times faster than ours) and loud! It was such a heartwarming moment...

We saw the baby moved too! It was quite active.. Hehe.. guess it was as excited as us..... :001_302:

Starting from Wk8, I have been experiencing extreme fatigue... I can take 3 hrs nap on weekends afternoon... after shopping for an hr, ironing for 1hr or walking for 30mins, I just wanna go home and hit the bed... I really hate this feeling.... :(

Read that this is the time our body is busy "manufacturing" the placenta for the baby.... Plus yr hormones and metabolism have increased significantly and your blood sugar and blood pressure tend to be lower , you will feel as if u are competing in a triathlon each day.... Going to work is going to be a chore for now......
Hi

Congrats. Hmm it's abit too early to see your baby feet & hands buds at 9wks. 1st trimester pregnancy still not stable so have sufficient rest & less walking.

mer17

Hey I went for my 2nd scanning yesterday too! Apparently I am in my 9th weeks weeks. But my EDD has changed to 9-Aug.
My bb is 2.67cm now. Ya, now we can see head and lil hands and feets buds! =)

So amazing to see the baby moving right! The doc said the baby is "dancing"! But more like boxing to us! haha!
This time round, I managed to hear the heartbeat.. I think the doc did not on the sound vol the last time, not sure.

For my next scan, I would have to go for the OSCAR blood test (cos I'm considered "old MTB"!).. pray that all will be well.

Agree with you.. going to work is like a chore now. I'm like always shortage of sleeps.. can never have a good nite sleep.. always waking up a few times to go to the loo. By noon time, I starts to get tired at work. And my giddiness never get better =(
My temperature seems to get higher too, especially at nite.. always waking up in the middle of my sleep perspiring!

Good luck to all of us!!

Hey Mummies!

the edd change?? not based on last menses date?
i went to my gyne on sat my bb is 8 weeks and 1 day old.. can hear my bb heartbeat even though only 1.6cm small
life is truly amazing :)
im using my oscar in my 11 weeks. cross fingers :)
cant sleep well too... been waking up many times to go to the loo