EDD: August 2012

Jeanie23

Yesterday was exactly my Wk20 and I think I felt the first baby kicks!!
I felt a kick then movement then another kick!
Haha.. I was so shocked and excited!
Wow that's exciting! Can share with us how the first kicks feel like? I can't wait to feel it!

Im thinking of taking up the antenatal class from NUH but have yet to talk to them.. Will talk to them next wk on my next appt..
Btw how much is TMC charging per couple and how many lessons are there?
Thanks for sharing on the Medela pumps, Zaclin! TMC is charging $361.05 (delivery at other hospitals) or $336.45 (delivery at TMC). There are a total of 6 lessons. Hope this helps! Thomson Medical Centre

zaclin29

Zaclin,

You felt your baby's kicks and movement! I am not sure if what I felt is what they are yet... How does it feel exactly??? :)
It just felt like tiny thumps on my tummy.. I dunno how to put it in words...
It was very sudden happened when I was lying down...

When I felt the first thump in the middle of my tummy, I thought I was imagining it.. Then I touched my tummy... and felt it moved sideways... so i told the baby if u really did kicked just now, pls give me another kick... so after a while i felt another thump on my left side... haha...

but like u said, I dunno if what I felt are the kicks....

belovedginz

Hey, I'm planning to enrol for prenatal class @ TMC too..
How much do they charge per couple?
When you attending yours..?
Maybe will see you there :)

Hey, I'm planning to enrol for prenatal class @ TMC too..
How much do they charge per couple?
When you attending yours..?
Maybe will see you there :)
Hi there!

Hubbies are free to join us for the prenatal classes at TMC. So the price is the same. I just registered for 28th April, conducted by Mrs Wong. She seems to be a hot favorite for this prenatal class! So I opted for her! You can register online though... Ya! Maybe I can get to see you too! :D

Last edited:
Do u mummies think we can really communicate with the baby now?
I think we can communicate with them, they can hear us now anyway. But I'm not sure...I have been talking to my baby now and then. Hahaha! I feel like a crazy woman at times; talking to oneself and touching my bump. But I guess it's alright...so long what we do makes us happy! :wong19:

singratty

Hi Mummies,

Im new here, edd 23 Aug, currently at my 19 weeks. :)

Talking about gender of the baby, i still not very convince by the gynea. we are unable to have a view at the baby genital because my baby is facing down. The gynea told me based on the size of the baby head it should be a boy. hmm is it true, anyone hear of it? me and my husband still not very convince about it untill i really see the genital.

Hopefully i can know what is my baby gender during my week 20 scan so that i can start buying stuff. Have not start buying anything and do not know how to start. :nah:

Hi Mummies,

Im new here, edd 23 Aug, currently at my 19 weeks. :)

Talking about gender of the baby, i still not very convince by the gynea. we are unable to have a view at the baby genital because my baby is facing down. The gynea told me based on the size of the baby head it should be a boy. hmm is it true, anyone hear of it? me and my husband still not very convince about it untill i really see the genital.

Hopefully i can know what is my baby gender during my week 20 scan so that i can start buying stuff. Have not start buying anything and do not know how to start. :nah:
CONGRATS to you too, singratty! Is your gynae very sure of what he/she saw from the scan? If like you said, both your hubby and you are not very convinced with it, wait for the week 20 scan to get a better assurance. I am like you; first-time mummy and I really dunno where and how to start with buying things for my baby too. I was reading on the EDD May mummies forum, and they are already starting to pack for their hospital stays! Guess some of us will be as eager and excited as them too! :D

It just felt like tiny thumps on my tummy.. I dunno how to put it in words...
It was very sudden happened when I was lying down...

When I felt the first thump in the middle of my tummy, I thought I was imagining it.. Then I touched my tummy... and felt it moved sideways... so i told the baby if u really did kicked just now, pls give me another kick... so after a while i felt another thump on my left side... haha...

but like u said, I dunno if what I felt are the kicks....
I'm sure what you felt are your baby's kicks...Lucky you!!! I really can't wait to feel mine too!!! Think I'll start asking my baby to kick me tonight and see how she reacts...hehe!

sora

Oh ya, Jeanie... I just enrolled in the prenatal course by TMC called Parent Craft. My bestie introduced that to me, saying that after you go for this course, you'll be experts of newborn babies!

So I trusted her and went with it even though my gynae is not from TMC. Anyway, it's all about teaching us; first time parents! :eek:

Hi again Perky! :p I just posted in the Mt E thread u started.

I've also enrolled in TMC bb class! starting 29 Apr 12:30
Which class r u in? :)

How about yourself and other mummies? Enrolling in any prenatal class?

Oh ya, Jeanie... I just enrolled in the prenatal course by TMC called Parent Craft. My bestie introduced that to me, saying that after you go for this course, you'll be experts of newborn babies!

So I trusted her and went with it even though my gynae is not from TMC. Anyway, it's all about teaching us; first time parents! :eek:

Hi again Perky! :p I just posted in the Mt E thread u started.

I've also enrolled in TMC bb class! starting 29 Apr 12:30
Which class r u in? :)

How about yourself and other mummies? Enrolling in any prenatal class?
Hi Sora!

Yup! I saw your post. We'll continue from there? :)

I enrolled for the 28th April class at 7pm, cos there are no more slots for this Mrs Wong. I heard she's very good in teaching first time parents; patient teacher. My hubby told me whoever conducted the class is actually the same, but I thought it'll be better to go with her since my hubby and I know nuts about bathing newborn babies, let alone their cries! :D

For a moment, I thought you and I can be classmates... :(

Last edited:

sora

Hi Perky!

Yea, bathing bb is also my no 1 worry! :p not to mention breastfeeding... bb cries @ nite... am first time mom also.. everything also dunno..

Are u planning to engage a confinement nanny? am looking for one.. in laws is gg to help out but still.. dun wanna exhaust them.. they r q old already..

yea loh. thought we'd b classmates! but anyways we can always exchange tips!

Hi Perky!

Yea, bathing bb is also my no 1 worry! :p not to mention breastfeeding... bb cries @ nite... am first time mom also.. everything also dunno..

Are u planning to engage a confinement nanny? am looking for one.. in laws is gg to help out but still.. dun wanna exhaust them.. they r q old already..

yea loh. thought we'd b classmates! but anyways we can always exchange tips!
Lol! Yup yup!!! Think by then, we'll be like hands all over, dunno what to do. But I'm sure the course will do us good! ;)

My hubby was thinking of employing one confinement lady for me, but I told him we can save since we have a maid and my grandma will stay over at my house after I deliver. So now I'm thinking if I should engage one or not. My MIL says we can ask our maid to cook the confinement meals. In a dilemma though...

Have you found one yet? I have actually called up one agent (given by my friend) and it's costly! She's Malaysian, n will cost you $2250 (not including their levy, etc). So I'll reckon you to find a local CL.

I'm also one of the minority mom that decided not to have a CL , my in laws and mom will be able to help after i give birth... I think won't be tough with 3 extra pairs of hands and also plus my husband :)
Confinement meal I will get those tingkat delivery... So during the day I will have as much rest as I can while the folks look after the baby and I will do the midnight shift hehe..

Ya indeed is very expensive.... 2.2 k min for CL excluding marketing money and Ang pow. Think the money can be put into better use since I'm going to be stay at home mum after delivery
So take it as a training for me bah! Lol

I'm also one of the minority mom that decided not to have a CL , my in laws and mom will be able to help after i give birth... I think won't be tough with 3 extra pairs of hands and also plus my husband :)
Confinement meal I will get those tingkat delivery... So during the day I will have as much rest as I can while the folks look after the baby and I will do the midnight shift hehe..

Ya indeed is very expensive.... 2.2 k min for CL excluding marketing money and Ang pow. Think the money can be put into better use since I'm going to be stay at home mum after delivery
So take it as a training for me bah! Lol
Hi steffywoofy,

Yup, you're right! Think we won't be that bad with those extra helping hands. And it's really expensive to engage the CL. That 2.2k is only for employing the CL. Those hidden costs are not included yet! Like you mentioned, the money can really put into other good use; especially for our newborn! :eek:

mer17

I had engaged a CL, cos my mom is already quite old. It's the advise I got from my sis.. during her confinement, my mom was looking after her, but in the end my sis worried that my mom will be too tired, so she did most of the baby stuffs herself. She did not get proper rest then.
For those who intend to get a CL, better start finding now, cos last month when I tried calling a few, they are all "taken"! It's all recommendation from my friends, I din go to any confinement agency.

Seems like most of you gals have started your baby shopping!! Me only buy milk supplements to drink that's all!! haha! Guess I gotta start shopping liao!

Mon I just went for my checkup.. my bb is weigh 366g now (I'm in my week 20 btw)! Can see her shape quite clearly! And next week I'll be going for my detailed scan. So excited!!

Talking about antenatal course, is it only in Thomson Hospital? Mine should be in Parkway East as my gynae will only operate there, not sure if they offer the course.. If not, can Thomson Hospital take in "external"? I actually wanna go for pregnancy yoga class!

zaclin29

Hi mer17, it's such a great joy to see our baby! I can't wait for my detailed scan next week too!

Yes, u can join the antenatal class at TMC. All hospitals will accept external application.

I'm going to join yoga class at updog studio at east coast park. After yoga, can go for long stroll. Hehe... I also took up aqua aerobics class in KKH. Need to keep Myself fit for delivery. :p

Where are u gong for yoga?

sora

Hi mer17, it's such a great joy to see our baby! I can't wait for my detailed scan next week too!

Yes, u can join the antenatal class at TMC. All hospitals will accept external application.

I'm going to join yoga class at updog studio at east coast park. After yoga, can go for long stroll. Hehe... I also took up aqua aerobics class in KKH. Need to keep Myself fit for delivery. :p

Hi zaclin29!

Am interested in the KKH aqua aerobics class also! How many people r there in the class? u like the class?

mer17

Wow you are so active! Good!
I have no idea where to go for yoga class yet. Actually i'm taking the normal class before my pregnancy, but have stopped ever since I knew that I'm pregnant. Thought of going back to the class again, but as it's not tailored for preggies, I'm thinking of going elsewhere for the time being. I came across tat KK has such class.. if I'm not wrong. Gonna check again. Is your yoga class meant for pregnancy women?