Edd dec 2012

Mreow Mreow

Yes yes Lizasaifi...
The steroid jabs do help alot!

Pls don't worry too much about ur situation and feel stressed ok...

Or baby gal will feel ur unhappiness!!

Cheer up... :)

karenoon

Heyyyyy ladies!

Was trying to sleep but the little tyrant inside me suddenly kick me so hard on the side that I am wide awake now. :(

Anyways, welcome lucky star!
My EDD is 29th Dec, expecting a little terror boy. I haven gotta baby cot for room, playpen with changing station for living room, stroller I will wait till he get bigger. Alot of baby clothes! Hub n I couldn't resist to customize our own romper so we got him quite abit already. 30 pax of Kodomo wet wipes during that crazy Watson sales every mommy is raving about. Haven decide on bottles, not getting sterilizer (mil say boil school method better just boil?) Personal stuff only gotta breast pump. No nursing bra, maternity pads nothing.

Momo: i heard that soya bean is not that ideal for boy bcoz too "liang" for them. If expecting girls take it as they will have good smooth skin.. Plus, if I drink those from outside, less sugar I feel I can taste the milk taste and I also don like soy bean taste. Take with sugar. Too sweet. Worried about baby n health. Die loh.

Mreow: I am okay with 1/2.
Bcoz if he is a little later, he is still a dragon baby but doesn't have to vie for school registration n etc... Haha.

Pls get well soon mommy Liza! So sad to keep hearing u getting in n out of hospital. :( ur work must really be a killer! Stay positive! Ur princess will also know ur "hard work" and she will be good! :)

Oh! Mommies!
Scheduled feeling or demand feeding? I wanted scheduled. Bcoz more controlled, plus I am returning to work and I am planning to only be absence or 2, max 3 months. I don think I can do demand.
But today I read online that "scheduled fed baby have lower iq as compared to demand fed babies". Non significant in early ages. But more so in the later stages.
Haiyo... Like that how? :(

MamaDT

Omg!! My eyes wide open when I read the part u said Abt soya bean milk for boys too liang... I've been drinking a lot in my pregnancy... :/ hmm hmmm I gotta stop yah...

My baby's also kicking now hhehee... Try to put another baby pillow at the top of your side tummy if u have put one underneath ur tummy already and currently sleeping in side position.. Heehee then try to sleep ^^ works for me at times haha

More towards Demand feeding for me.. ;)

Mreow Mreow: I prefer on due date, slightly earlier by few days is fine heehee nt too early coz I am not prepared with the items :)
Oh yah! My belly button has popped out fully finally! Lol :p

Goodnight mummies!

Mreow Mreow

Omg!! My eyes wide open when I read the part u said Abt soya bean milk for boys too liang... I've been drinking a lot in my pregnancy... :/ hmm hmmm I gotta stop yah...

My baby's also kicking now hhehee... Try to put another baby pillow at the top of your side tummy if u have put one underneath ur tummy already and currently sleeping in side position.. Heehee then try to sleep ^^ works for me at times haha

More towards Demand feeding for me.. ;)

Mreow Mreow: I prefer on due date, slightly earlier by few days is fine heehee nt too early coz I am not prepared with the items :)
Oh yah! My belly button has popped out fully finally! Lol :p

Goodnight mummies!

Hehe!!
Ur belly button no longer half popped with a smile ah? :)
Good that its fully out..

Hmm, Think mine wont come out already.. since till now its still in...

Karenoon, yes, read that IQ will be lower.
But dont rely too much on that.
Its just a study and not 100% proven or justified...

Besides, u can do demand feeding on ur Leave of 2-3months like u mentioned?
That is already very good enough!! :)
dont stress ok mummy!! :D

For me I will demand feed cuz wont be going back flying just yet.
However, i will still take it as it comes in the future...
If baby fusses too much or its really better to go for scheduled feeding, then i will try to adjust accordingly...

However, Night time I won't schedule BF and will feed only if baby wakes up..
Day time, will feed on demand but if baby sleeps for more than 3 or 4h, i will still wake baby to Feed...
Kinda like part demand part schedule depending on situation & Baby's sleeping pattern:D

yingzy

Thanks yingzy!
I am torn between indo n Mynmmar helpers. But I think we r leaning towards the Myanmar side! I will check out United Channel!

So how much are you paying for Mynamar helper? Bcoz majority of the sites states only indo or fillip helpers salary.

Thanksss!!
my helper salary is 400 a month. on top of that have to pay 170 levy to MOM every month (deduct from giro). I can't rem the rest of the fee like e insurance and agent fee already... as u noe..preg woman memory is very bad.. LOL! but i tink i paid less than 900 after all e insurance, admin fee, agent fee... :)

HiHi

Hee i've been Mia-ing for quite long cos I gave up after trying numerous times to go to the last page (rem it was at page 17 then). Jst spent some time reading through the past few weeks' posts.. briefly cos its too much. :p Great that everyone doing well! Lizasaifi, do rest well okie..

I've also started experiencing that hardening of my tummy like one big lump which u all mentioned. And just to update, mine was indeed yeast infection but gynae said it is fine and gave me tablets to insert. Now it is getting better. :)

Looking to my growth scan next week @ 33 weeks!

Mreow Mreow

Ooh....
Must everyone do the growth scan at 33weeks?
Or other week also can?

Is it Juz a normal gynae visit type of scan or what?

*blur*

My gynae hasn't told me about it...
My next visit to him will be my 33wk already though...

Wonder if I have to do it that day...

Sze sze

Hi, mummies... have been missing for more than a week and the thread moving fast and cp...annot catch you

I can feel my uterus is stretching, brackston hicks irregular...
my girlfren told me to watch out and inform my gynae if it become regular, to prevent premature labour.. because that was exactly what happened to her..

I dont have numb feeling at the back, but little girl is kicking strongly every now and then, especially i am sitting down there and work...

Mreow mreow, my hubby tried to video on my tummy, but failed because little girl tends to keep quiet when my hubby was focusing on my tummy... heehee...
I cannot sleep on my back anymore, was having difficulties to breathe... so i follow gynae 's advice, sleep on left side which is better... with TWO pillows... hahaha

Momopeachgal, i have the same feeling like you, when sleep on left, the baby is kicking... i told my gynae exactly what you felt as i felt that too, but gynae said it is fine, we won't "crush the baby"... hahaha
I also feel backache but after using two pillow to support my head & back, now it is getting better... you may want to try it out~~
I ate less rice, more vegetables & fish for each meal, but tends to have a "tea break" like black beans, apples, oranges....

Karenoon, you still wearing your wedding band? I already taken off since pregnancy..
My girlfren told me not to wear it because if kena water retention, you might have difficulties to take off...
She wore her wedding band during her 1st prenancy, in the end, water retention quite serious till she cannot take off the ring and she felt very pain on her figure, ended up with cutting off the ring.... "sadz"
I think it is better not to wear it...
btw, i read from book says that red bean can prevent water retention... i drank abit only, so far, I dont feel water retention yet... thought i am in my wk 32...

Karenoon, allele, me too, my hair near the belly button become long... >.<
since the day i started to apply moisturizers, like cocoa butter & bio oil...

Oh.. mummies, i started to drink COCONUT last sunday... hahaha, with the kind reminder and permission from my mother in law that I can drink 1 each time (provided the coconut is not too big) , i.e once a week...

Mreow Mreow

I've not taken the rings off bothy hands yet!!
So far also no water retention yet

Yay, I will take coconut in 1+week tym when I go to JB Jusco to buy :)
Yum yum

Sze sze

Lizasaifi, hope you get well soon~

MamaDT, thanks for the info about the bb fair in late nov... dun think i will be going, by then tummy should be quite big, not too convenience to the crowded place already..

Soya bean too "liang"... oh.. i first time heard that..
anyway, i have been drinking soya bean when started 2nd trimester... because i cannot take any milk....
but, stop quite a while and change to drink protein from anway....

Anyone bought maternity pads? I saw kotax maternity adhensive & maternity loop... but abit blur like dunno how to use the maternity loop.... looks weird... where i suppose to tie the hook? :err:

Luckystar

Thanks for the tips ladies!! I went to OG yesterday and bought some things . Wah ! So expensive. The little newborn clothes are like 7 to 12 dollars. Bought sterilizer, bottles, baby moisturizer , oil , shampoo, wipes etc. don't even know which brand to buy ,,, so confused !!! What is a good brand for babies ? I bought pigeon !! There is a baby expo coming up next week I think on 27th .
Going to baby kingdom today . Wish me luck !!

Mreow Mreow, the rowth scan is around 33-34 weeks but not compulsory and I'm not sure if all gynaes do that. It's to scan the growth of baby whether if everything is ok.

I bought most of the items liao and started to wash some baby clothes. Cos I have to schedule between washing mine and hubby clothes and baby clothes, have to start early. My house is smelling of kodomo's baby detergent smell... nice!! :)

I also experience tummy hardening for a while and when I do, i felt my lower tummy a bit of "suan" but bery mild only, not as strong as cramps but i'm not sure is it cos i want to shit... hee..... and just two days ago I felt something leaking and i checked my panty its kind of watery discharge. I'm quite worried cos after i inserted the tablet, no more of those thick yeast infection discharge. I'm worried is it waterbag leaking but it only happens that day and now no more... does any mtm experience this? I also wonder is it urine cos it seems to have urine smell... nowadays my urge to pee is very strong... if outside always feel insecure that i will pee anytime. Should i see doctor now or if i keep leaking then i go see gynae?

allele

Hi mumsies! Hope you all are doing well! It's a rainy day today, me and hubby decided to stay at home instead of going out to walk walk and explore for food as what we do on every weekends :)

Little update about my latest week 33 check up on Thurs. Baby girl is weighing at around 2.1kg and mummy has gained ~12kg. Hehe.. Baby is doing fine but all this while me and hubby were pretty looking forward to have a look at her face but till now she is so shy that she always cover her face with her hands. So funny... then back face us with her bare back. I guess maybe she's naked that's why she's shy. LOL..

I also discussed about my plan to gynae that I will be giving natural birth and his suggestion was rather astonished me. He said c-sect is a safer method. I said why? Coz he said 30% of the mothers in Sg have to end up with c-sect after suffereing so much of pains due to unsuccessful natural birth. And the delay in giving birth will put baby in risk. Well I get his point.. but still I decided to go for natural birth. I wanna experience the feeling of giving birth to my own child. In fact, that day we settled the procedures of selecting wards and understand the pricing of premier packages offered by KKH. Although Im a private patient, expecting to pay more but after looking at the price I was like 'wow.. T_T" so expensive de.. ' Natural birth ~$5.7k and c-sect~@$9k. And these are not inclusive of epidural and costs of other assisted surgeries. Anyway, luckily some of the fees can be covered by medisave and also under my company's hospitalisation claims. I wonder how much it costs for delivery in private hospital?

Luckystar: Hi welcome to this thread! Are you carrying a baby girl/boy? You might wanna check out list of items that you need for you and your baby.. view this useful list -> Checklist

Liza: I believe your gynae will give you the best advice for you and your baby. I do hope that your baby can reach full term when she comes out. Take good care ya!!

Mreow mreow: Well I hope that baby can born on either slightly before or on the due date.. as long as baby is considered full term will do :) My hubby wishes baby to born on 26Nov.. coz that's his birthday lor! Haha.. We shall see!

Cherry blossom: Hi! Today I took out the baby clothes for laundry as well.. Looking at the little tops and pants hanging at the bamboo sticks.. ahh so cute! Cant wait to see my baby wearing them!

Do you all fully utilise and spend the precious moments with your hubby before the baby comes out? Kinda scary that people around me saying the same thing 'eh.. once the baby's out your life will never be the same again! Better enjoy what u have now!' Haha.. I believe it's true and I enjoy every moments that I have now (e.g: having peaceful moments replying to this thread) :p

ivyb

hello ladies! Read from motherhood mag, there'll be an upcoming parenthood fair at singapore expo hall 5b from 9-11 Nov. Is there another fair end of nov??

Most of my bb items are preloved items ie. playpen, stroller, breast pump, car seat, baby rest, baby gym, all from my husband's sister & two sils.... yet i still have so many things that need to buy. Stressful sia! -.-'''

My backache is getting from bad to worse all thanks to my growing bb.....i feel so heavy now and at times, i need my husband to 'pull' me out from the car then i can get out. LOL!! Aiyo so clumsy right? :p

Looking forward to my antenatal check coming wed...i'll be in my 32 wks by then, hopefully my baby girl is still head down. keeping fingers crossed. :)

allele, my husband & i had wanted to plan for a babymoon to hardrock penang few months back but due to my husband's bz schedule we keep postponing until now it's already not possible to travel far so seems like we can only stay in sg and enjoy some quiet moment before I popped. Life will definitely change with our new addition coming along but do look at the positive side of life. I'm sure it will bring us much more joy and hope as we enter the next chapter of our new life.

Cheers~

Mreow Mreow

Hello mummies!!

Its sooo shiok that its been raining alot lately...
Reallllly helps to cool Singapore down..
And better for us, high-temperature Preggies... Hehhe :)

Allele, glad to hear that your princess is doing fine!! :)
2.1kg for 33weeks is good ya!

I think my girl will be quite heavy.. Cant wait for my appmt on 31st Oct where i'll be 33weeks!! :D

Allele, im shocked that your Doc isnt Pro-Natural Birth...
Who is He?
Normally Docs nowadays really are pro natural..
Maybe MOST women he delivered all ended up with Csec.
Really hope his badluck doesnt rub unto u!!
Do u go to TPS at KK too?
Wow, 5.7K is really quite steep..
I think we'd end up paying about 3K after all the Deductions maybe?

Initially I was lil worried that married life will change too....
But, my hubby thinks very differently regarding Married Life After childBirth...
He thinks that Our marriage will be even more fufilling and that There would be more love between Husband & wife...
He doesnt believe the "oh we have kids now so its difficult to be romantic or for us to do this or that"

Whenever I give him problem examples like travelling, going out, romance,
he will say "Why cant we still do that? We can still do that. Its a matter of choice whether partners wanna put in effort. Dont listen to what majority of the people say & assume it will happen to us. InFact it will be more Fun & loving with children"

I dunno, thats juz his opinion.
Maybe he's a kids-lover thats why..

Well, i just hope that he will be as Hands-on A dad as he said he will be... :)
Quite sad when Hubby don't help wifey wif baby stuff...
Right?

CherryBlossom,
Dont think its your waterbag leaking..
If it is, by now, 2days later, u'd have felt contractions already...
Dont worry ya :)
YesYes, It is quite possible that it is Urine...
Bring some pantyliners out so U can change more often when it happens...
Maybe do More PelvicFloor/Kegel Exercises? :)

Ivyb, i went afew babymoons in 2ndTrimester alreadyy..
Maybe u can consider having a Staycation at Sentosa?
It is pretty nice to stay over in Sentosa and roam about!! :)

Mreow Mreow

OMG!!
U all have started on the Baby Clothes washing?!
So fast!! :D
I dont even have baby detergent yet.. ahhahaha

Reallly? does it really smell that good?

I was planning to do in Mid November..
Cuz by right my EDD is 18DEC.
Shall wait till my next apptmt to see if it is really brought forward to 4DEC then i might start the clothes washing a little earlier!
Wahahaha :p

My aunts did mention that Preggies should not take Beancurd but we can take soybean milk...
Said something about the ingredients they use to curdle the beancurd and harden it is too liang for us..
Dunno how true..
Anyway I've ate Beancurd about 5times since preggy and Soymilk I take quite often too...

SzeSze, sometimes my gal also dun wanna move when Hubby is touching my tummy.. Haha!!
She's stubborn like both of us.. :p
Hehe, im still sleeping on my back

My tummy hardens very often these days..
When I shower, getting up from squats or simply just walking around...
Now as im typing, suddenly became hard again.
But i dont feel any discomfort..
Think the time we feel major discomfort could be the time that Labour is impending in the next few weeks!!
So lets take notice!! :D

hmm, Im still very energetic & still move about like non-Pregnant..
Sometimes i feel super sian when people keep saying I look 5-6months pregnant and
give me the "What?! U're giving birth in 2 months?!" kind of shocked face...........

Luckystar

Thanks for the list allele !
And thanks for the link to cheng choon store . I think it may be just the shop I am looking for. I had heard there was this shop near OG that had reasonable priced baby stuff. But it was raining so heavily on Saturday when I was there, that I ended up buying from OG.
Went to babiesRus in city square mall today. Again so expensive , didn't buy anything except a bottle dryer tree.
Will check out cheng choon this week.
Waiting for the baby expo this weekend, hopefully there should be done deals there.

I am carrying a baby girl . So excited !! Haven't thought of a name yet. Again I am late I guess :)

Can you ladies please suggest what are the good brands for baby products . I bought some baby oil, shampoo , powder, laundry liquid etc from pigeon. But not sure if it is a good brand. I bought because it was there in OG. But if it is not good I can buy again ... So confused!!!

Btw what about Johnson's baby products? I don't see them on any baby stores . Are they not good?

Luckystar

Mreow Mreow , you are so lucky u feel so energetic , enjoy it :)
I feel so tired these days , it is so frustrating !! There is so much I have to do , so much I want to do , but my body is just not keeping up. All the shopping is so hard on me. I just want to rest most of the time:)
I don't know how I will manage another 2 months that too holding on to a full time job along with this . I am going on leave only from 6th dec , so have to hang on till then. :(

MamaDT

Hello Mummies

Mreow Mreow: I also haven't start washing clothes. Intend to start next week with 40% clothes first hahha... On schedule wash :)
Yah belly button no longer smiling.... Left a bit haven't fully out.. So my hubby says it's like a winking eye... Lol... I will start my coconut drink next week ^^ start with small coconut ^^ really envy that u are still energetic haha I feel easily tired... Haha

Cherry Blossom: so glad u are fine :) have been wondering how u've been :) are u going to be delivering in TmC? ^^ update us on your growth scan yah heehee :)

Lucky Star: I bought Pigeon Steriliser nt coz it's the best brand but I like it coz of its multifunction purpose :) BabySafe latex mattress... Pigeon wide neck bottles and Nuk anti collic classic bottles... Bottles some preloved frm my cousin some brand new from her... So I bought the teats.. Pacifier Nuk latex, Kodomo laundry detergent, pigeon and goon wipes, pureen nappy cloth.. Heehee intend to buy Ameda pumps.. Pigeon breast pads... California baby calming shampoo and bath, California baby calendula cream..

Sze Sze: I heard maternity pad loop is tie around the hip one... Most mummies suggested buying the adhesive ones... I have not bought coz can't find it from ntuc at my Hse area here... Haizzzz

Mummies: disposable panties for maternity or washable cotton panties for hospital stay and confinement period? :)