Edd dec 2012

MamaDT

Wow Lovepixie & IvyB, monitor monitor... Could be ur time as mummy tml siah... Haha wanna read ur birth story! Lovepixie, looks like u have to do your own simple braids.... :)

Momopeachgal, after being advise not to move too much not to excercise for the past 9mths, I think my legs are still not use to hours of walking and many squats hahaa I only do a-quarter squat? Hahah coz my legs and feet are so tired when I do squats or even just walking around... Haha but yah I still wanna do my shopping tml! Lol I am gg high tea, meet my friends for lunch and such! ^^

ivyb

Ivyb, !! Waa ur gal is coming soon!! So cute when u say e gynae felt ur baby's head!!! Now u on standby mode, look forward for ur birth story real soon!! U r so sweet to think of writing love letter for ur daughter!!!!
Wish u have a smooth delivery too!! Its gd tt u no need to induce :)
Thks my dear, I also wish everyone else to pop without much difficulties!! :eek:

ivyb

Wow Lovepixie & IvyB, monitor monitor... Could be ur time as mummy tml siah... Haha wanna read ur birth story! Lovepixie, looks like u have to do your own simple braids.... :)

Momopeachgal, after being advise not to move too much not to excercise for the past 9mths, I think my legs are still not use to hours of walking and many squats hahaa I only do a-quarter squat? Hahah coz my legs and feet are so tired when I do squats or even just walking around... Haha but yah I still wanna do my shopping tml! Lol I am gg high tea, meet my friends for lunch and such! ^^
Doris, who knows u'll popped before me lei since I think u r also quite ready to deliver anytime le...hehee

As for the squats rem dun force urself if u ain't feeling comfortable. Take it easy & most importantly is to listen to ur body when doing any kind of exercises. :)

I'll try to update whenever I can even before my birth. I'm gg to do my last last min shopping tmr and then I'll really hibernate at home and wait for show time. :cool:

Best of luck all Dec mamas!! :eek:

allele

Omg.. I guess the thread is getting more exciting now! I think very soon we will get to see more and more Dec mummies popped out with their cute babies!

Smooth delivery to Sze Sze, ivyb and lovepixie first!!

I'm still in waiting mode leh.. but no sign at all. Mummy can't wait to see u ady!

dmummy

@momopeachgal: hahah yaa now 2 or 12 nights, help baby to counting down :p i already cut my hair short!!! Afraid can't tahan when confinement ler.. U didn't plan to cut ur hair?? I like to go to office le hahaha, baby move a lot when i'm in the office :p

@mamaDT: when is ur due mama? Is ur baby engaged yet? Mine not yet let's hope she will engaged quickly!! The cramp become more intense haish but the interval not intense :D looks like everybody is waiting for their baby to
pop up soon!

MamaDT

Momo, as for the flipping pain, I tried following method, it helped sometimes hahaha so not sure if it works for u..... Scene: flip right to left
1) head with two pillows underneath
2) one pillow under tummy on right ( u r lying facing full right now lah)
3) carefully lift left toes all on bed ( tt means knee up, ur body also sort of 45degrees facing ceiling)
4) then carefully lift right toes all on bed (means right knee up too, mean u are facing ceiling, back fully rested on bed, both knees up, feet on bed)
5) flip whole body to left 90degrees (yeah!! Turned! Hahah got pain?) ;)

MamaDT

Momo, although u didn't move much but u still can go work haaha for me, I was sort of asked to rest in bed for 9 months but sometimes i cant tahan, then can only go out for awhile. hahahhaa oh I also have lotsa whitish yellow discharge early in morning and just when I go pee... It's normal yah :)
And u so cute lor, u can smell bb coming out haha hope u r right! Haha guess u r ready too! Lol do update us ur checkup yah :)

IvyB, yah hor, u r right. I shd still listen to my body leh...ok ok I shall take some rest if my body is totally tired later when I am walking around in the malls instead of forcing my body haha thanks for your reminder babe :) Have a smooth delivery babe!

Dmummy, yup my EDD is 17/12... But coz think my hubby and I are ready to see bb, and also hope to have easy natural delivery and don't want bb to grow too big by 17/12 as I have petite built, so hope bb is ready to see us too and pops out within these few days. Gynae suggested induce but i have decided I don't want unless there's a medical reason for it.

Lovepixie, Allele, Sze Sze, IvyB: smooth delivery!!! U r first batch yah! Heehee :) we will give u moral support here!!! ^^

Mummies: so happy most of us are ready to see our little ones! Hahaha :) hope bb comes out as per our expectation and healthily :) Jia You all mummies!

dmummy

@momopeachgal: i think my baby get used to the MRT sounds! and maybe my brain more active when i'm in office :p
I flip like usual, but i will slowly flip from right ot left, sometimes will lie on my back for a while hahaha... then flip to another side :D

@mamaDT: most of the mummies said that induce will cause more pain! so better naturally...

any mummies opt for the skin to skin with baby directly? told my gynae about this, she said that it's a normal procedure but the baby will be taken away from mummy after 5 - 10 minutes to clean up and wrap???!! i thought the skin to skin supposed to be the baby put in mummy chest without being clean for 1 - 2 hours? shall i insist to put the baby for 1 - 2 hours? from what i read, it will helps mummy to produce the colostrum faster.

another question!! how big is your hospital bag?? i pack 1 back pack and 1 sling bag. wondering shall i put it into a cabin size luggage.. haha like want to travel :p i bring my hubby clothes as well because he's planning to stay.

allele

Hi dmummy! Same here.. I have one hospital bag for myself and one for baby.. Some miscellaneous items from hubby.. Then squeezed all into a cabin size luggage! Hehe..

I also wanna have skin to skin contact with my newborn baby! But im not so sure about the procedure as in how long do they allow us to put the baby on our chest. I shall ask my gynae later.

MamaDT

Dmummy, I told Gynae induce shd be more painful, she said got EPI... Lol which sounds logical... Anyway.... Yah dropping the induction suggestion unless there's medical reason! Heehee :) I have two hospital bags exclude hubby's stuff lol :p I tot skin to skin contact is only 5-10mins leh? Oops hee

dmummy

@Allele: i will change to cabin size luggage then! hahaha... yep yep do update us on the skin to skin from ur gynae perspective...

@momo: they said the skin to skin contact will faster us to produce the milk, as for newborn i think their heartbeat will be more stable, they feel more secure...

@mamaDT: my hubby won;t let me use EPI, he afraid suai suai will be paralize 4ever *touch wood* hahahaha... i also very scare of the jab on my back.. so drop that option >.< errr 5 - 10 minutes ya.. not sure also T_T but read from internet looks like the longer you skin to skin the better..

can read from here How Skin-to-Skin Contact Benefits Newborn Babies

Luckystar

Mummies,
Question: in prep for your deliveries, do you shave down under to make i clean? or does the hospital do it for you anyway?

lovepixie

Hi momopeachgirl,
I just finish appointment with gynae. >.< checked for dilation no opening yet. Scan oso show not yet 3/5 engaged. This girl is as stubborn as me. Enjoying her mummy's belly cos now mummy can eat whatever mummy wants and she'll get the same but after confinement mummy only eat boring Chinese herbal soup, pigs liver, stomach bleh... 。・゜・(ノД`)・゜・。
So gynae write hospital admission letter to ask me to admit on Monday 3/12/12 to induce. There goes my lucky dates liao. Reason: baby getting bigger need to induce. Else wait is c-sect confirm liao. Waiting for my hubby to come back for lunch to decide. Else I get second opinion from another gynea.
Induce+epidural will come to 3k. Elective caesarean will come to 4.8k-ish. Emergency Caesarean will come to 6k-ish.

>.<!!

I got one cabin sized hospital bag. One toiletry bag. One shoe bag for slippers. Hubby go home bathe cos he need to send my MIL back home to cooks sheng hua soup for me after delivery. I carry one pack of red date sachets. Hair dryer. Breast pump. Etc..

RinaBasit

Mummies,
Today i noticed a reddish brown blood on my pantiliner.. I've changed 3 times. Is that mucus plug? Do i need to go hosp or wait? My next appt on Wednesday.. *confused*

Luckystar

Mummies,
Today i noticed a reddish brown blood on my pantiliner.. I've changed 3 times. Is that mucus plug? Do i need to go hosp or wait? My next appt on Wednesday.. *confused*

Rina
Please go to A&E soon. if flase indiccation they send you back already . atlease you will be sure.

lovepixie

Rina,
Perhaps that is starting of bloody show? Go and check in hospital... Good luck...

Momopeachgirl ,
>.< told hubby kena induce he said wanna induce on 2/12/12 nicer date. So ok lor. Gynae initially change to 3/12/12 EDD after seeing last scan and baby's head

Abt flipping over on bed I did like sea lions do flipping on ice. Bup! Everytime I flip I let reverse gear signal like on car... to warn hubby there is one heavy 'vehicle' to flip to other side. Lol. Everytime he oso wake up but no worries he snore back almost instantly.
Lately I talk in my sleep telling hubby wanna give birth liaozzz. Haha. He so used to it till I scared if I really giving birth he won't take it so seriously. -.-!! Some more talking to baby in my sleep telling her to guai guai come out.. Be a good girl, etc.. Or mummy will bring her to Sanrio land after confinement -.-!! All this cos I made plans with my colleague to celebrate my out if confinement in Premium Outlet n Sanrio n LEGOLAND. Zzzz

dmummy

@luckystar: i also think should i shave now haha... so shy to ask the nurse to shave arghhh!!!

@Rina: better go to hospital... or call the nurse or your doctor.. looks like your baby want to come out soon!

@momo: yep, actually the epi consider safe now :D but i afraid of needleeeeeeee... afraid i will move when they jab arghh dun want to think too much hahaha... let's decide at that day jia yoo!! we can go without epi *cross my finger*

@lovepixie: i think i will bring cabin sized luggage! hehehe... jia yo... if baby to big really need to induce should be alright.. or you ask baby to come out within these 2 days.... they said baby can hear what the mummy n daddy said.. can try!!

lovepixie

Hi dmummy

I heard they give u laughing gas before epidural.
Ok. Talking more to baby n loading Christmas songs for baby to listen in mp3 n headphone.

MamaDT

Hello mummies!! I had a great time out today!!! Like very long nv been to town!
Now abit tired haaha

Rina, good luck to you! Hope u have a safe delivery if u are told to admit now :)

Sze Sze, I've bought the wipes! Brand: Nuk but one box only 30pcs leh... Haha
Thanks for letting me know there's such things! Haha sure it's gonna b useful ^^
Good luck for your c-sect tml!

Momo, how's ur checkup? :)

Lovepixie, can't wait to read ur induce + natural birth story! Haha u must tell ur hubby, no matter u sleep talk or what he must nv give up believing u yah... In case it's true.... Lol
I played jingle bells for bb since June... And hubby said I am crazy... Haha I told him must let bb get use to this coz he's a dec baby and his mummy (me) loves Christmas so sure must decorate Hse and play carols... Even if it's confinement... Haha he said I am crazy (".!)

Dmummy, I am afraid of needles too. All the glucose test and such I also scared..... But ya I am still gonna take EPI... Lol