Edd dec 2012

lovepixie

Hi dmummy,
i feel ur heartache. Is there a uv bed u can rent from ur hospital so u can monitor at home ? My baby was diagnosed with slight jaundice too n it hurts everytime see them poke the heels take blood sample ;( by third time kena pole she stop crying when I stroke her cheeks n saying here. Nurse also surprised see my baby so guai n listen until I explained that everyday got ppl poke her leg since 3rd day she used to it cos later she know got nen nen to drink

Beenies

Hi sze sze and heartmich, Yeappie I jus changed my dressing today! It's actually very clean and dry. Thank god man was expecting it to be bloody and raw. I agree with the binder, been using it after the op and it really supports the wound and prevents u from making too much big movement.

Beenies

And yeap today is day 4 post op for me and I jus managed to walk outta the ward more comfrotably. Can't wait to be able to walk normally without pain again!

dmummy

@lovepixie: i have tried to rent but they need the doctor recommendation. So hate my PD, when first time my baby diagnose with jaundice i ald told her i want to rent the phototheraphy but she rejcted and let me bring my baby home, the next day go and check the level goes up, we still ask for the rental of the phototheraphy n the bed. She insist to admitted my baby to the hospital, We strongly reject her idea. Tried to search for gynae that allowed we rent the phitotheraphy but by that time most of the PD closed already. By midnite i saw my baby eyes become yellowish straight away go to emergency at KK! Too pissed with my PD so don't want to go to TMC! Ah ya my pd keep telling us brain damage, i understand there'll be the risk but please tell us nicely n give us more option rather than like cursing the baby will brain damage! Just now she reported to my gynae n my gynae call us. We will not go back to that PD anymore! Damn pissed... She should considerated how the first time parent like us feel.

lovepixie

@lovepixie: i have tried to rent but they need the doctor recommendation. So hate my PD, when first time my baby diagnose with jaundice i ald told her i want to rent the phototheraphy but she rejcted and let me bring my baby home, the next day go and check the level goes up, we still ask for the rental of the phototheraphy n the bed. She insist to admitted my baby to the hospital, We strongly reject her idea. Tried to search for gynae that allowed we rent the phitotheraphy but by that time most of the PD closed already. By midnite i saw my baby eyes become yellowish straight away go to emergency at KK! Too pissed with my PD so don't want to go to TMC! Ah ya my pd keep telling us brain damage, i understand there'll be the risk but please tell us nicely n give us more option rather than like cursing the baby will brain damage! Just now she reported to my gynae n my gynae call us. We will not go back to that PD anymore! Damn pissed... She should considerated how the first time parent like us feel.
Hi dmummy
I understand ur frustration. U can sunbathe baby back n cover the eyes with gauze n tape. Do u have fluorescent light at home? Put baby directly under it. Obviously keep baby warm too at d same time la. use hot water bag under matress. I did that even sleep with lights on beside many for several nights. Today what day oso I kinda forgot Liao.

Abt pd let me ask my KKH doc friends n let u know. I'm doing my confinement at Malaysia so didn't see SG doc. (Cos I have some frustration before with them lol)

Last edited:

dmummy

@Lovepixie: Thanks a lot!! Yep will do so, i think
might be becoz first night at home i switch off the light haha. As i don't like to sleep with light. Will try harder next time so the jaundice will not came back! Hopefully tomorrow the level can go back to 190 so i can bring her back! At least ald reduce from 322 to 254 fiuh... Looks better now. Just came back from KK, hold her and she sleep soundly... I can't even enjoy my confinement now... Need to rush to hospital... Enjoy ur confinement yaaa

Mreow Mreow

Hope all ur Jaundiced babies get better!!
Reduce Ginger intake and heaty things..

I'm fortunate and my baby gal doesn't have jaundice at birth.
But we still have to go to the Polyclinic for a total of 4 times to take her blood sample.
3down, 1more to go.

Haiz.heart pain to see her blood being drawn too..

Mreow Mreow

Lovepixie, does it feel uncomfy or wierd when u walk after natural birtH?

Its day 7 for me now and I do feel a lil uncomfy when I walk.

Not pain but got some kinda weird feeling.
I didn't have episiotomy. Juz 2small tears... :(

lovepixie

Hi Mreow,
Why did baby take blood sample for? Mine took right after born to check for standard blood test, profiling etc.

I think my wound heal up pretty good. Nurses do home visit here n check how the stitches r healing, check baby weight, jaundice and other signs (follow some kind of procedure for routine check for early signs). I also put the acriflavin n wash with feminine wash to keep it clean. I had to control the piles though but that is healing well too.

My navel has gone inside n my massage last said my stomach receded beautifully cos I wear the wrap at least 8 hrs before taking them off.

Hi mummies! I will be discharging later! So happy... staying alone in hospital for past 4 nights! It's day 4 of Chayes birth and I can see colostrum le! But I still feel I cannot latch well.. :(

Do you all give fm at this time when milk hasn't kick in? Those who undergo c-sect when can we get the Malay massage lady?

Luckystar how are you? MamaDT should have birth le... must be busy. :)

snowkie

Hi mummies! I'm a sept mummy. Regarding rental of photo bed for phototherapy at home, my pd assigned when I delivered at TMC allows that. He has clinic at Mt A... Kinderclinic, Dr Terrance Tan.

dmummy

@snowkie: thanks mummy!! I will go to dr. Terrance. How was the bilirubin level when he assign the rental? Mine last time 12.4 the PD don't allow already.

Sze sze

Cherry blossom.. Just keep on latching and massage breast, to stimulate milk generation...
I din give formula as my milk kick in already during the time I discharged, but I did plan to give some if breastmilk not enough, esp my girl got abit jaundice when she discharged, I need her to drink enough to dehydrate all bilinrubin
So after day 5, her stools become yellowish... which means she got enough breastmilk...

I din engage one, but heard from my sis in law, she used to engage Malay massage two weeks after c sect... But my gynae said better 1 month later... You may want to check further...

You can also take note, baby should gain back to the birth weight by day 12 after the birth... This is one of the checking point if your child is drinking or not (because sometime we cannot tell how much baby is drinking if breastfeed directly)

dmummy

Baby is home!!! Goes down to 187 equals to 11 yay! Actually they don't allow us to bring her back! But we force to bring her back. She cried until no sound!!! Poor baby :( now looks like she's trauma with that theraphy! Pui pui that PD don't allow me to rent the phototheraphy so my baby wil become sooooo trauma!! Heartache

@snowkie and lovepixie: mine initially was 12.4 then jump 16.6 and become 18.4 at peak! Hopefully now she will be ok.

Any mummies go to lactation consultant? How's the charges like? Per hour? Me n hubby suspect baby can't latch on properly so that her jaundice more worst

snowkie

dmummy, don't worry... It'll peak and fall back. If it's caused by breast milk, will take a while to totally recover, sometimes even months! My boy was under phototherapy for a few days at home, level dropped slightly only. Then we stopped the therapy and didn't do much to let it drop gradually. As long as it doesn't exceed 20 it's fine:)

MamaDT

Hello Mummies!!!

Wow congrats to all mummies!! Haha

I was discharged yesterday with baby :)

Induced was the hardest decision I've made but yah after listening to doc's suggestion and my hubby's thoughts on induced, I was induced on 10/12 at 4pm. Cervix still not yet open.
Requested to stay in hospital to wait for contraction coz we don't want to be admitted in middle of the night. Kia su.. Heehee

10/12 7pm: felt contractions kicking in...

10/12 9pm: pain pain pain, went down to labour ward check for dilation and it's 1cm only. So I told them I want to stay in my own ward instead of shooting EPI in the labour ward.

From then, the pain is every 3mins. I tried not to think and sleep. And told myself to relax instead of crunching fist etc. asked my hubby to massage my hands as I felt more relax. Managed to sleep thru with a few times of waking up as I felt the room was warm and I was perspiring but my hubby was cold..

11/12 7am : I asked my hubby when did the Gynae says she's coming to visit me.. And it was another three hours! Nurse asked if I want to go down to labourward for pain relief. I said no coz I hate the cervix check! And my contractions was every 2 mins once but I think I sort of felt immune already except for some super duper intense one.

11/12 10am: doc came and says I can go take EPI already coz it's 3cm. Then we went down to labourward. I pooed first then took EPI and started feeling legs abit numb... Then shiver...

11/12 11am: doc came to burst water bag. I asked for lunch coz afraid I don't have energy to push later

11/12 12pm: doc says 4cm dilated and said mine quite fast and expected that I will deliver ard 6+

11/12 12pm: pushed into delivery suite, and my hubby was like damn excited. And kept looking around at all the equipment while I was strapped. Ate small portion of my food and passed to my hubby to finish it.

My hubby bz going to my ward and delivery suite coz my mum was waiting for me to deliver in my ward anxiously. So asked my hubby to take a pic of me smiling happily as if I don't know what I will b gg thru later to comfort her.

11/12 2pm: called my mum and asked her not to worry and rest in my ward if she wants

11/12 4pm: asked my hubby to accompany my mum while I sleep in the suite for awhile

11/12 4:20pm: nice nurse talked to me says actually I will b gg thru quite difficult labour later as she feels that bb is quite big for my built. I smiled and told her I know and will try to preserve energy to push... Lol

11/12 5pm: doc came in and say, I can start pushing now!!! And asked if I wanna feel the contractions so I can push. I said I prefer that EPI is on and my hubby will tell me contraction comes an I will push..then she says ok then she went off, leaving me to push haha

11/12 5:30pm: Nurses said I pushed well, bb's black black hair can be seen coming lower and lower as my hubby saw...

But I have decided not to push and asked for vacuum assistance... As I wanna have the last few breath that I have pushing while vacuum. :p

11/12 6pm: doc came in, assist.... Pulled the vacuum three times

11/12 6:30pm: Baby Tedmund is out with big big eyes, thick black hair with nice side burns.. He came out without crying just staring at whole world especially daddy and me! And I was shocked when he was placed on me, then I cried and said "baby it's u.. Finally"
Hahaha he cried after being placed on the warmer bed when the Gynae was sewing on me... Many layers I think... Coz it hurts like crazy even now!!

11/12 after delivery till 12/12: I puked puked puked, had high fever while pushing, couldn't stand up, giddy, couldn't sit - giddy... Haizxxxx so I didn't bf...but all family and relatives came to visit baby and me... So pai seh as I was at the worst image haha

13/12: doc says bb has a little jaundice... I felt slightly better but walk slow... Sit pain... Lie back flat only... I managed to learn latching on only around afternoon... But as of today still unstable coz bottom still very painful.. Can't feed bb without assistance... :( but my bottom is healing slowly! Hope next week is better week for me :)

How long does it take for colostrum stage to become milk?