EDD Feb 2013

Meowgirl

vel..so fast u r going back to work? i'm taking full 16weeks..so only will be back to work at end of may...

my baby's neck also quite strong..always lifting up..now can hold on for a while already (2mths and 5days)... his legs are super strong too..now can stand awhile with us holding his body.. but he's super noisy..making all kinds of sounds, even when sleeping...his dad says he's driving a train (imagine the sound of a train setting off)..lol..but he hasn't been able to sleep very well in the day...juz got him a yan lan ytd, and juz tried it out 1hr ago..it works amazingly... he stop crying the moment he's in it..and a few more shake he's asleep already...anyone using yan lan also?

vel

I took 12 weeks first yes so I have to report back to work on 29th apr , will spread out the remaining in June or August , depends . Haha apr gal sound like your bb is going to be a very active one . meowgirl my kid also make super lot of noise when he sleep too, So much so i dun dare to sleep with him anymore. He can hold his neck but will rest on my shoulder for a while then up again. I just bought the Yao LAN last week too decide to go for the one with electric so can auto . We tried on the kid for a while its really good! But wun let him sleep more than 1 hr until he reach 3 month old . Waiting for my manduca carrier to arrive so I can wear him to supermarket and my mums place daily . . Also i actually missed my 1 mth checkup and Pap smear with the gynae sigh got to call the clinic tomolo to make an appointment again . Thinking of skipping ummmm

Meowgirl

vel.. i don't dare to let baby always sleep in the yao lan..my MIL can stay beside to shake it the whole afternoon (i didn't get the motor)...kind of scared that he will be addicted to the shaking...then hard to put him to sleep without yao lan...

juz wondering..how many times ur baby will wake up at night for night feeding? my baby can sleep for 4hrs for the last feed...but after that he'll only take a few sips and wake up every 2 hrs :( i'm looking for ways to extend his night sleep, else i have to wake up at least 2-3 times every night... and after 5 or 6AM, he'll like to cry almost every hr..sometimes juz want to sleep with me...then drag until 8 or 9AM then is fully awake and drink milk properly...

vel

vel.. i don't dare to let baby always sleep in the yao lan..my MIL can stay beside to shake it the whole afternoon (i didn't get the motor)...kind of scared that he will be addicted to the shaking...then hard to put him to sleep without yao lan...

juz wondering..how many times ur baby will wake up at night for night feeding? my baby can sleep for 4hrs for the last feed...but after that he'll only take a few sips and wake up every 2 hrs :( i'm looking for ways to extend his night sleep, else i have to wake up at least 2-3 times every night... and after 5 or 6AM, he'll like to cry almost every hr..sometimes juz want to sleep with me...then drag until 8 or 9AM then is fully awake and drink milk properly...
the motor is more convenient , mine still will reject yao lan sometimes.

not sure but I have switch to formula after his first month, so now I find him sleeping better , his sleepy hrs kick in from 10pm , can sleep for 4-5 hrs so 2to3 wake up. then will sleep for another 4 hrs. usually he will wake up between 6-7 then stay active more in the day time.

Meowgirl

haiz...now whenever my boy wants to sleep, my MIL will say put to yao lan..ends up he sleeps in yao lan all day other then at night...i tried to coax him to sleep without putting to yao lan..but seems like it doesn't work anymore T_T and worst...i carry boy boy and coax him..then MIL will stay behind me, and play with him...i was really considering whether to tell her off...

also not sure why...i seems to be getting more and sensitive to my MIL's words...boy boy sometimes will spit out milk...then MIL commented say his cheek very sticky becoz of the milk..and say when she take care of him, he won't spit milk (sounds like i'm not doing a good job)...

i told her i worried he get too used to yao lan..next time hard to take care when bring him out.. but when he cries for sleep, she'll say he wants yao lan la...it's ok to put yao lan...keep asking me to put in yao lan...then she will sit beside and shake all day...

also..last time when pregnant, she keep saying wants to feed the baby chubby chubby, like my cousins...then i was against it, not good for baby to be too fat..then turn out, boy boy want already quite chubby when born...and getting more chubby nowadays...then she starts commenting...baby is bigger than average baby...next time will be big and fat, becoz of genes from my mother side (juz becoz some of my cousins are more chubby)...

somehow starting to find her words annoying....what shld i do??

Apr gal

haiz...now whenever my boy wants to sleep, my MIL will say put to yao lan..ends up he sleeps in yao lan all day other then at night...i tried to coax him to sleep without putting to yao lan..but seems like it doesn't work anymore T_T and worst...i carry boy boy and coax him..then MIL will stay behind me, and play with him...i was really considering whether to tell her off...

also not sure why...i seems to be getting more and sensitive to my MIL's words...boy boy sometimes will spit out milk...then MIL commented say his cheek very sticky becoz of the milk..and say when she take care of him, he won't spit milk (sounds like i'm not doing a good job)...

i told her i worried he get too used to yao lan..next time hard to take care when bring him out.. but when he cries for sleep, she'll say he wants yao lan la...it's ok to put yao lan...keep asking me to put in yao lan...then she will sit beside and shake all day...

also..last time when pregnant, she keep saying wants to feed the baby chubby chubby, like my cousins...then i was against it, not good for baby to be too fat..then turn out, boy boy want already quite chubby when born...and getting more chubby nowadays...then she starts commenting...baby is bigger than average baby...next time will be big and fat, becoz of genes from my mother side (juz becoz some of my cousins are more chubby)...

somehow starting to find her words annoying....what shld i do??
sorry to hear tat but it b forever like tis unless u hv an understanding husband to sort things out. Believe each of us hv issue wif mil n can't comment too much unlike our own mother. I'm in d same situation as well. I agree on being more sensitive after giving birth. For my case is bcos all my patience d on bb so no more patience for others... Hahaah... But do take note if there is sign of depression ya.

Chilligal

Just to check, any mummies facing similar encounters with me where ur breastmilk attracts ants? I noticed that there will b ants on my breast pump s whenever I finish pumpin milk. Is this a normal sight? I do take chocolates occasionally. Hence, nt sure if its due to my diet.

Leomaiden

Hi all mummies, I had also delivered my baby boy in mid Feb 13. Baby boy's EDD was on 15 March, but gave birth to him 1 month earlier due to low amniotic fluid & baby not growing well in tummy. He's 2 months 2 days now. Also giving me problem of not sleeping in the night. Apart from the 3 hourly feeding, he will wake up ard 4am, active till 6am n back to sleep. While sleeping, he refused to sleep on the bed. Wana cuddled and would only sleep on my chest or by resting his head on my arm. He will cry out loud once I place him on the bed. Thinking whether wanna get sarong cradle "yaolan" for my boy. I had used sarong cradle for my first kid (daughter) when she's 2-3 mth old till 1 yr old plus plus. Me n my mum had a hard time trying to remove the sarong cradle that time cos dear daughter got so attached to it. Doesn't want to repeat this episode again on my boy. Couldn't decide but I'm getting real tired & insufficient rest for now. Haiz...

Apr gal

Just to check, any mummies facing similar encounters with me where ur breastmilk attracts ants? I noticed that there will b ants on my breast pump s whenever I finish pumpin milk. Is this a normal sight? I do take chocolates occasionally. Hence, nt sure if its due to my diet.
I think it's alright. Our bmilk is naturally sweet, just try to taste it n u will understand ;)

Meowgirl

Hi all mummies, I had also delivered my baby boy in mid Feb 13. Baby boy's EDD was on 15 March, but gave birth to him 1 month earlier due to low amniotic fluid & baby not growing well in tummy. He's 2 months 2 days now. Also giving me problem of not sleeping in the night. Apart from the 3 hourly feeding, he will wake up ard 4am, active till 6am n back to sleep. While sleeping, he refused to sleep on the bed. Wana cuddled and would only sleep on my chest or by resting his head on my arm. He will cry out loud once I place him on the bed. Thinking whether wanna get sarong cradle "yaolan" for my boy. I had used sarong cradle for my first kid (daughter) when she's 2-3 mth old till 1 yr old plus plus. Me n my mum had a hard time trying to remove the sarong cradle that time cos dear daughter got so attached to it. Doesn't want to repeat this episode again on my boy. Couldn't decide but I'm getting real tired & insufficient rest for now. Haiz...
leomaiden...i have the same prob as u..in order to put my boy down, there's a few ways that i tried..

a. swaddle him first, then cuddle him until he sleep..then put down...coz already swaddled, he doesn't feel such strong impact when put down i.e. his arms doesn't move around too much to startle himself..
b. i put him down side way, so that his arms are still close to himself, juz like we are holding him..
c. i put him down on his tummy (but i only do this in the daytime)...i find that he sleeps better on his tummy...

sometimes i'm too tired, also give in to the yaolan...but will end up keep swinging him..he doesn't sleep deep in yaolan most of the time...and i'm worried about the withdrawn symptom too..but sometimes just too tired...

at night my hubby insist to go without the yaolan..so he'll cry for 1 to 2 hrs sometimes...but i find that if you play some lullaby when coaxing...he fall asleep faster..i tried the song "hush my baby"..and it works miracle...he can fall asleep within 10mins sometimes...

if you are using andriod phone, you can try to download the app "lullaby for babies 2"...i got the song there..hope it helps...

alleria06

Hi, my EDD was 7 feb, but baby decided to come out 1.5wk earlier.

Meowgirl, I brought my baby boy for his jabs at polyclinic. We've gone once for the 1mth jab. The nurse explained 5-in-1 and 6-in-1 options. I think the more the better? So hubby & I would go for the 6-in-1 jab. The wait is quite short. For babies, the poly will give 'express' number so shorter waiting time. The nurse is ok too, friendly and accommodating.

I have yao lan at home. My mum prefer putting him in it during daytime. But my baby can't nap by himself, coz he easily startle and wake up at noise, so someone has to be near to rock him back to sleep. The problem I have is that, my baby can't fall asleep by himself, so far we have to carry him until he fall asleep, when we put him down on bed, he will wake up & cry, we end up take turn carrying him the whole time, else I'm worried he would be sleep deprived. Actually.. I hired a maid for this reason....
Now that he is turning 3mo soon, I may let baby cry until he fall asleep by himself.. otherwise I don't know how, once I go back to work and my mum is not around to help.

Last edited:
Hi alleria
Baby cries for a reason. Baby needs to feel safe and secure. Perhaps since you have yao lan, you can let him sleep in it at night. That's what I did with my baby as the sarong can give them sense of security rather than let him self soothe which is not the solution. How does it feel when you cry for help and no body cares? I suggest you massage and talk to your baby heart to heart. That's what I teach in the infant massage class to help mother and baby release some birth issues. You can try.

alleria06

hi XiangXiangMama, the class you are conducting is already full ya?

my boy night sleep is pretty ok, usually I nurse him to sleep. daytime nap is the problem, he would sleep for 15mins and wake up at slight noise or startled by himself...

Meowgirl

Hi, my EDD was 7 feb, but baby decided to come out 1.5wk earlier.

Meowgirl, I brought my baby boy for his jabs at polyclinic. We've gone once for the 1mth jab. The nurse explained 5-in-1 and 6-in-1 options. I think the more the better? So hubby & I would go for the 6-in-1 jab. The wait is quite short. For babies, the poly will give 'express' number so shorter waiting time. The nurse is ok too, friendly and accommodating.

I have yao lan at home. My mum prefer putting him in it during daytime. But my baby can't nap by himself, coz he easily startle and wake up at noise, so someone has to be near to rock him back to sleep. The problem I have is that, my baby can't fall asleep by himself, so far we have to carry him until he fall asleep, when we put him down on bed, he will wake up & cry, we end up take turn carrying him the whole time, else I'm worried he would be sleep deprived. Actually.. I hired a maid for this reason....
Now that he is turning 3mo soon, I may let baby cry until he fall asleep by himself.. otherwise I don't know how, once I go back to work and my mum is not around to help.
alleria06...i have the exact same prob as you and my boy is only 5 days older than urs... i brought him to polyclinic for the jab too...and ya, we are going for the 6-in-1 jab too..

as for the yao lan..my boy also can't nap himself and wants ppl to rock him..now daytime, he's in yao lan most of the time...the prob is that my MIL will keep rocking him until the next feed..now he only stays awake for about 1hr after each feed, and he'll be yawning already..makes me wonder if he sleeps too much till he gets sleepy all day..sometimes i managed to coax him to sleep..he also doesn't sleep too long on bed...

at night, we'll try not to put in yao lan...i'll play lullaby, dim the light, then carry him and pat till he sleep, sometimes he may cry for quite a while then will sleep..and let him sleep beside me for awhile before putting into his cot..i can't let him cry to sleep...my MIL will be heart-broken..

vel

hi, i find keep attempting to put the baby down once they are asleep helps in the long run.

my son still can only accept the yao lan sometimes in the day, otherwise he prefer to sleep without move and his hand free to stretch.
his worse hours are between 5-6 plus pm. after 7pm his night mode keep in , once we on the night light and place him on his bed he will fall asleep by himself.

usually I will wake him up at 9-10 to wipe his body and feed him , after that I will place him on his bed again and he will doze off by himself till 3-4am when he wake for his milk. after that he wake up in the morning at 6-7am for bath.

I find that black ceiling fan with orange light are very useful for my son, he loves to look at ceiling fan and light and fall asleep after a while.

alleria06

Meowgirl, is that how u put him to sleep now? I find daytime care is tougher coz bb always want to be carried awake or asleep. He is 6.6kg now and weather is so hot.

Vel, how old is ur son? Good idea on the ceiling fan. Im moving hse soon & sure will install ceiling fan, but i planned on white color fan leh..

hi XiangXiangMama, the class you are conducting is already full ya?

my boy night sleep is pretty ok, usually I nurse him to sleep. daytime nap is the problem, he would sleep for 15mins and wake up at slight noise or startled by himself...
Hi alleria,
yes, it's full, the next class will be in mid May. Baby is still adjusting to his new environment. 9 months in the womb is different from living on land. Bonding through touch will help him in the transition. Good for both of you to learn to relax.
Infant Massage for Mothers and Baby | ChildBirth Odyssey

Meowgirl

alleria06, ya, that's how i put him to sleep..but sometimes he'll want milk before sleeping, then it ends up nursing him to sleep..daytime, he's in yaolan most of the time..i don't like it..but it really makes the day more peaceful..my MIL will continue to rock him even if he woke up..then he'll fall asleep again..

vel, ur son quite good...can sleep by himself..i wish that for my son too..juz a silly qn..when baby cry for milk in e middle of the night..do u carry him when u make the milk? or u let him cry in bed?