EDD in AUG 2010

JuniorLeow

Hi Aug Mummies,

I'm new to here.. EDD also in mid-Aug.. :)

Now in my 23rd weeks n had just went for my detailed-scan on last Thurs @ TMC.. everything was fine n baby is healthy n active.. :)

Colline

congrats, colline! you delivered in mt a before? i bet is good tats y you r gg back tis time? can share more of your experience in mt a, pls?

i think i'm gonna opt for mt a as well.. but hvn't confirm yet.. gynae's package let us choose between mt a n Thomson Medical Center..
ya definately Mt A will be my priority choice cos e nurse n midwife they r so patient n wont scold ppl unlike KK Hospital...i once had a fren who gave birth @ KK n e nurse scold her for staining e bed wif blood.........i tink its ridiculous n its diff for Mt A..i once stain e bed n floor wif blood while gg down e bed to e restroom n e nurse is so kind to hold my hand,acc me to e restroom n wait for me inside.after dat she went to clean off e mess for me.Dats y i choose to go back there again..:biggrin:

xlan

ya definately Mt A will be my priority choice cos e nurse n midwife they r so patient n wont scold ppl unlike KK Hospital...i once had a friend who gave birth @ KK n e nurse scold her for staining e bed with blood.........i tink its ridiculous n its diff for Mt A..i once stain e bed n floor with blood while gg down e bed to e restroom n e nurse is so kind to hold my hand,acc me to e restroom n wait for me inside.after dat she went to clean off e mess for me.that is y i choose to go back there again..:biggrin:
tat's gd!! they r so sweet.. my fren also said when she delivered in KK.. the nurse scolded her for screaming aloud.. i was like :err: ??

Colline

that's good!! they r so sweet.. my friend also said when she delivered in KK.. the nurse scolded her for screaming aloud.. i was like :err: ??
dats y so many negative comments bout them so i choose a private hospital cos e price is not much diff oso...so y not choose a good service n good enviroment hospital when u can...somemore can use medisave to deduct...

Colline

Aiyo.. how can the nurse scold you for screaming aloud? It's a natural reaction mah..
precisely.....tink shld send them a feedback letter or email them n let them know bout their staff services...n e nurse shld ask themself when they give birth they dun scream meh????...........cant stand this type of ppl.If u need anything like water or some help,e staff @ Mt A will be gladly to help so im very satisfied wif their service.if u need help in breastfeeding n u r a first time mom n u dunno how to do it,there is a nurse i dunno how to address them will help u in it too...

anncleo

Hi, I am expecting my 1st baby and am thinking of taking maternity makeover photo-shoot. Has anyone taken any maternity makeover photo-shoot? Any recommendations?

blackpiggy

Aiyo.. how can the nurse scold you for screaming aloud? It's a natural reaction mah..
ya shouldn't scold ppl la. but maybe the nurse wanted to ask the patient to relax and try to calm down so as not to disturb other patients but she express in a wrong manner.
i was previously at an A&E due to bleeding, i think the lady in the next room was having contractions(??), she was screaming like no tomorrow, i was quite scared and a bit disturbed when i hear her like this.

kokolove

dear aug MTBs,

wonder how most of u are coping there?
my weight has been increasing at increasing speed starting from 22 weeks onwards...
my belly is growing so fast that i feel so bloated all the time
i can't seem to eat much.
in fact, having my bouts of vomitting from time to time again :)

any of u have the same problems too?

kokolove

my edd is early august,,,i also gaining quite a lot...26 weeks oredi gain 9kg....can't imagine my total weight gain when i deliver ....anyway now is not the time to diet... just wait after delivery lo....

xlan

before week 22.. my weight gain was quite constant n slow abt 1kg a month.. but ever since i hit 23 or 24 weeks.. weight gain is abt 1kg/week!!! now already gained 12kg since week8.. but ya.. now cannot diet thou.. we can watch wat we eat.. try to take only healthy, low fat, high calcium & fibre, iron rich food, drink more water to flush out excessive water retention..

mommies, let us add oil together!!! another 3mths+ ahead!! jiayou! ^.^

JuniorLeow

precisely.....tink shld send them a feedback letter or email them n let them know bout their staff services...n e nurse shld ask themself when they give birth they dont scream meh????...........cant stand this type of ppl.If you need anything like water or some help,e staff @ Mt A will be gladly to help so im very satisfied with their service.if you need help in breastfeeding n you r a first time mom n you dont know how to do it,there is a nurse i dont know how to address them will help you in it too...

Hi Mummy Colline,

Sorry for the late response.. ;p

Ya, if I were to receive such treatment, I will sure send a feedback to their head..

I'm going for my delivery at TMC which most of my friends and colleagues have good reviews on them.. =)

cheng0605

hi all mummies, can i just asked whether during the 20th week detaied scanning, did the sonographer let you see your baby's fingers and toes???

I mean to look out for abnormalities and such, or they did it during their measurements taking and did not show it to us?? Cause my wife had just did the scanning and they did not showed to us and let us see it. however at the report, they state that there's no extremeties meaning no abnormalities.

Thus, would like to find out from all mummies here. thx!

blackpiggy

hi all mummies, can i just asked whether during the 20th week detaied scanning, did the sonographer let you see your baby's fingers and toes???

I mean to look out for abnormalities and such, or they did it during their measurements taking and did not show it to us?? Cause my wife had just did the scanning and they did not showed to us and let us see it. however at the report, they state that there's no extremeties meaning no abnormalities.

yup, we were shown our baby's toes and fingers. My gynae even count them out for us and told us which are the right/left hands and legs. we are also shown the lip and nasal area to see that the baby doesn't have a cleft lip etc. almost everything we have on the report was shown to us.
I guess every gynae or sonographer have their own way of doing the scanning, if your report shows everything is well then I supposed so is your baby. :)

cheng0605

the report was all normal and ok, and ruled out of abnormalities. however they did not exactly count the fingers amd toes with us. thats why we were thinking whether is it a normal thing???

thx!

kokolove

mine also did not specifically count for us.
but the report stated all's well.
dun worry too much ya.

my belly has been growing very fast.
i actually have ppl asking if i'm due soon.
having problems breathing if in the same position for too long also
checked with gynae. but he said it's all normal.

best part. he reminded me that it'll get worse in the coming weeks :((
guess we just have to brace ourselves together for the remaining 3 months...

jia you!!!
kokolove

the report was all normal and ok, and ruled out of abnormalities. however they did not exactly count the fingers amd toes with us. thats why we were thinking whether is it a normal thing???

thx!

cheng0605

mine also did not specifically count for us.
but the report stated all's well.
dont worry too much ya.

my belly has been growing very fast.
i actually have ppl asking if i'm due soon.
having problems breathing if in the same position for too long also
checked with gynae. but he said it's all normal.

best part. he reminded me that it'll get worse in the coming weeks :((
guess we just have to brace ourselves together for the remaining 3 months...

jia you!!!
kokolove

alright thx for all the responses so far..... think i might be worrying too much :tlaugh:

JuniorLeow

Yepz, mine also showed me n my hubby our baby's fingers n toes, just no counting..

But I guess if the report stated everything is fine n within average, it will be fine.. don't worry too much.. :)

xlan

hey as long the report said no abnormality.. then nothing too worry ba.. when i went for my detailed scan.. initially the radiographer also didn't mention abt the fingers.. but she did point out to us the lips n nasal area all normal n fine.. brain n etc all are gd.. so i asked her abt the fingers.. then she laughed n replied ya.. all in.. hahaha.. ;p