EDD in Dec 2011

AngieTan

woohoo Angietan, our EDD is just 1 day apart. 6 months passes very fast right?
You mean the remaining 6 months ah? Your EDD is 6 Dec is it? Mine is 4 Dec but cos still early, the dates may change... How many weeks preggy are you now already?

Guide to Breastfeeding/Guide to Childbirth books for sale

Dear mummies,

I have two brand new books by Mdm Wong Boh Boi to sell off as I have already had these books which I bought from a seminar ($35 for 3 books) a few months back and didn't realise that when I sign up the FBI card at TMC they give as free gifts. Those mummies yet to have this books can consider as it is very simple to understand and useful. I didn't attend any antenatal class and learn all about breastfeeding and childbirth through these books. If you are interested, sms me at 84848583. Collection point will be CCK mrt. I am letting go at $10.50 for each book or $20 for both books. I am throwing in a brand new free classical tunes CD for babies from the Womb to the World by Similac Mum if you get both books at one go.

k-mom

hello hello! just came back from 2nd appt with dr irene chua - my edd is 20 dec and baby appears to be developing well, very actively thrashing arms around haha.

am just glad baby is well cos i had a scare with bleeding at 5 weeks and intermittent spotting. now spotting and nausea have largely disappeared so am starting to look forward to enjoying this pregnancy :)

the only bummer is dr chua told me she would be in gleneagles by the time i deliver so i will need to change gynae cos i want to stay at kk. hopefully the replacement will be as good.

godloved

Hi all
I went for my review last night..Thankful that all is well

As I had my first baby at KKH, I have no idea about the other private hospitals...
However this time round I might need to choose from the usual TMC, MAH and Gleneagles..

Just wondering if any of you mummies have anything to share about these private hospitals..like cost wise and all that..Any input will be very appreciated. Not just the cost..also the overall experience as well

Thanks in advance..

AngieTan

Hi all
I went for my review last night..Thankful that all is well

As I had my first baby at KKH, I have no idea about the other private hospitals...
However this time round I might need to choose from the usual TMC, MAH and Gleneagles..

Just wondering if any of you mummies have anything to share about these private hospitals..like cost wise and all that..Any input will be very appreciated. Not just the cost..also the overall experience as well

Thanks in advance..
I delivered at MAH and I totally enjoyed my stay there! The service is good, the nurses are nice and the food is good! Cost wise I think is okay... I opted for a 2 bedder and in the end after deducting medisave, I think the cash we forked up with is about $1,100.00... Somemore I stayed 2 extra days... By the way, mine is assisted delivery with epidural...

TMC, everyone got different experiences... Some I heard is good, some is bad... My own SIL told me her experience there is not good as the service sucks to her... So it's subjective I guess...

Gleneagles I think quite ex leh...

Last edited:

mothercat

hello hello! just came back from 2nd appt with dr irene chua - my edd is 20 dec and baby appears to be developing well, very actively thrashing arms around haha.

am just glad baby is well cos i had a scare with bleeding at 5 weeks and intermittent spotting. now spotting and nausea have largely disappeared so am starting to look forward to enjoying this pregnancy :)

the only bummer is dr chua told me she would be in gleneagles by the time i deliver so i will need to change gynae cos i want to stay at kk. hopefully the replacement will be as good.

wow, ur edd is 2 days earlier than mine. so looking forward to seeing thrashy arms too when i go for 2nd appointment early june lol
i guess i'll be in TMC cos it's the nearest

AngieTan

me at Yio Chu Kang

....i don't think i put on any weight. with the vomitting + small meals in btw, i am a bit worried. i dun dare to eat too full and drink too much, scare all the burping etc.
I see... My gynae got clinic at Sengkang and Choa Chu Kang... Will be too far for you already... Hehe...

You take care of yourself ya?

swthippy

I see I see... Mine is tentatively early Dec so I might miss seeing you! Hehe... First time there or?
My 1st time,maybe give birth early leh....heehee...

if i take 2 bedded i dont mind sharing as long the other party dont snore.

I myself dont snore..

Angie, you wan to come out with a list to keep track of our EDD, Gynae and Hospital? then we will know, whether we will meet each other in the hospital or not?hee

xicloudix

i juz got discharged from KK due to dehydration and heartburn and gastric.... sad.... drink more waters mummies.... need alot of water

AngieTan

My 1st time,maybe give birth early leh....heehee...

if i take 2 bedded i dont mind sharing as long the other party dont snore.

I myself dont snore..

Angie, you wan to come out with a list to keep track of our EDD, Gynae and Hospital? then we will know, whether we will meet each other in the hospital or not?hee

You reminded me of the snoring! You know what? I took a 2 bedded ward and my next door neighbour snores soooo bad I could hardly sleep! I was so so tired as I was bfing every 2 hours whereas her baby was being bottle fed, meaning she could sleep through the night, and I couldn't fall asleep cos she was snoring so so loud! OMG! Don't know is it cos she took sleeping pills that's why she snored sooo loud or what... Then somemore she say she couldn't sleep with the lights off so she left her TV on (luckily not too loud volume) and her bed lights on so it was bright also... Sigh... Really need a considerate neighbour if you are taking a shared ward lor... If you are unlucky, you end up like me... I was totally zombified lor... Somemore I think it's all the excitement of the delivery and adrenalin rush that make me couldn't sleep too... SOB!

Ok got time I will try to list cos now not easy to find time taking care of a young baby! Hehe!

Last edited:
I went for my Oscar scan last wednesday!!! And the result showing my baby is doing fine! The oscar scan is so cute! The lady show me baby little feet and hands. Next scan will be at 5 months. Looking forward to it!!! :)

AngieTan

I went for my Oscar scan last wednesday!!! And the result showing my baby is doing fine! The oscar scan is so cute! The lady show me baby little feet and hands. Next scan will be at 5 months. Looking forward to it!!! :)
Congrats! I went for my OSCAR and NT test last Friday also... Got both good news and bad news... Good news is, baby is doing fine and the result is satisfactory but bad news is, I think they found a cyst somewhere... Need to see gynae first before knowing how it is... Sigh... WORRIED... =/

Congrats! I went for my OSCAR and NT test last Friday also... Got both good news and bad news... Good news is, baby is doing fine and the result is satisfactory but bad news is, I think they found a cyst somewhere... Need to see gynae first before knowing how it is... Sigh... WORRIED... =/
don't think there will be anything wrong la. dun worry too much.

swthippy

Congrats! I went for my OSCAR and not test last Friday also... Got both good news and bad news... Good news is, baby is doing fine and the result is satisfactory but bad news is, I think they found a cyst somewhere... Need to see gynae first before knowing how it is... Sigh... WORRIED... =/
Hi Angie, Dont worry be happy ok...always be positive...We will pray for you. :)

I did my OSCAR test yesterday, is a walk in at 8.30am becos the gynae's assistant said fully booked when she tried to book that date for me, asked me to walk in on the 30/5. Saw my baby little feet and fingers...very cute...

When it was my turn to do the blood test, i told the pretty nurse with long hair, i am very scared of injection and she said 'ya, i can tell from your face'..heehee..then i told the pretty nurse, your needle very thick leh(needle with the yellow tube cover)(before she poke my vein) then she said'ok, since you said so' immediately she took out 1 new packet of transparent tube with finner needle, tear the packet, apply antiseptic and poke on my inner arm and withdraw my blood.. heehee..,she asked me'pain?' i said 'no'.... i was overall impressed of her consideration and gentleness on me :) Kudos to this pretty long hair nurse :)

Just now, i received phonecall from the gynae clinic, saying the oscar results are out and are ok :)

godloved

Will be praying abt the cyst..dun worry unduly first..see gynae and see what gynae says...Congrats on the satifatory OSCAR..:)

Renzie

hi everyone, EDD is 8 Dec. Thinking of going to MAH this time round, any good reccomendations for gynaes there?