EDD in Sept 2011

ChocoBaby

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Hi ladies, would like to know how will you be bringing home your baby?

Will you be ...

- using a carseat?
- using a sling/baby carrier?
- carrying him/her in your arms?
[/FONT]
Carry in my arms.... Been waiting so long to finally hold him.

ChocoBaby

Thanks ChocoBaby, I think I am going crazy trying to figure out whether we need a carseat or cradle him home.
Will it just be u n ur husband going home with the baby? If thats the case, then get a carseat ready just in case. U might be in pain to hold the baby n i assume hubby will be driving so then it's safer to have baby in carseat.

bendi

Hi, my wife EDD is 10 Sept.

But the doc say the baby still dont seem to want to come out yet..already 3.3kg!!

Is 3.3kg big? Any disadvantages for a big baby in terms of health etc?

Triquetra

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Hi ladies, would like to know how will you be bringing home your baby?

Will you be ...

- using a carseat?
- using a sling/baby carrier?
- carrying him/her in your arms?
[/FONT]
I bought a carseat and baby carrier because I have another toddler -_-

Triquetra

Hi, my wife EDD is 10 Sept.

But the doc say the baby still dont seem to want to come out yet..already 3.3kg!!

Is 3.3kg big? Any disadvantages for a big baby in terms of health etc?
It's just an estimation, I dont think there is any disadvantages except that it is tougher for your wife?
My daughter also weighed 3.66kgs at birth :)

MommaJ

Will it just be u n ur husband going home with the baby? If thats the case, then get a carseat ready just in case. U might be in pain to hold the baby n i assume hubby will be driving so then it's safer to have baby in carseat.
Ooooh, didn't think of that (yes, it'll be just me and hubs). Thanks for the heads up!

I bought a carseat and baby carrier because I have another toddler -_-
I do want to purchase a carseat for safety precautions, but hesitant if it's really needed or if baby will use it for a long time.
Decisions ... decisions ... decisions ...

Triquetra

Ooooh, didn't think of that (yes, it'll be just me and hubs). Thanks for the heads up!

I do want to purchase a carseat for safety precautions, but hesitant if it's really needed or if baby will use it for a long time.
Decisions ... decisions ... decisions ...
Or get the convertible type which can be used up to 3 years old?
For safety reasons, it's definitely more advisable to get a baby carseat.
We didn't get for our toddler as my husband is always changing car and he is driving the company's vehicle.

ChocoBaby

Yah get a convertible one or get a preloved one for newborn? Save alot... No use buying new if u can just use it for 3 or so months. Unless it's a convertible to use for years ahead then i think a new one will be more worth it.

bendi

Hi mummies here,

Doctor told my wife that the cervix still not open yet. As such she will have to be warded and be put on medication to induce labour.

Any mummies got experience before ?? Thanks.

esther_c

hello bendi, yes that happened to my sister in law.induction was by tablet insertion below.inserted two and didnt dilate much..end up emergency c section.

ChocoBaby

Now? How many weeks is she? Docs usually will do that if the woman is past edd or water bag burst then no progress. Besides cervix not opened, what other signs ur wife have?

piggie

Har... Likedat hear liao i very stressed.. Baby nvr grow for past week.. Cervix open only 1.5cm nia..
Oso gg to induce tmr nite... :(

I dun wan to c sect... Haizzzzzzz

nilebaby

1st time mummy here n 1st bb for me. I also tomolo due date for my boi. So far no sign of labour for me. But going to see gynae this thurs, is induce chances high for me? I don't mind cos now v heavy n bb is v low, uncomfortable..pls advise.

bendi

My wife due date is on the 10 sept. Already booked admission on the 13th to induce. Hope no need c-section.

So far baby is around 3.3kg. Cervix still not open yet although abit soft already.

ChocoBaby

Well induction is not that bad actually... Just that it can be a lil more painful as it doesnt come slowly n naturally. It's like 'forcing' ur body to have contractions. For some women labor is longer with induction, some can be quite fast. Every labour is different.... Not always the same for everyone. Dont worry ladies... U can do it! Im thinking of induction for myself this time. :)