EDD Jan 2012 Mummies

HoFamily

Hi Mummies!

Would like to have your opinions on confinement period. :)

My edd is in Jan'12, which is the CNY peak period. I've checked with several confinement agencies and freelance confinement nannies, all increase prices tremendously, so expensive.
My mother and mother in law are both working, it's hard to request either one of them to apply 1 month leave for me. My alternative option is to engage confinement food catering service, what's your opinions? And for showering of baby, I can wait till my family members end work and help me with it.

Any mummies try confinement food catering before?
Are their food/ingredients fresh?

My husband and I are having a headache over this issue right now. Appreciate all your opinions :wewink:

Thanks!

Hidz

Hi Hidz,
yaya, i laughed when i read your " are your vitamins enough? "

but then again, sometimes no news is good news.
for my 2nd baby, i had to do CVS (Chorionic Villus Sampling (CVS)).
it was very worrying & need lots of care after that. but had a big relieve when the result is -ve.
the procedure is physical & waiting for result is mental torture .

i think gynae not being too warm cos the Q is long .
the person being served wanna be served well, the person waiting wanna get served quick.
for me is, i like my gynae's professionalism when i delivered my 1st baby & he is very particular bout doing up the stitches, so i go back to him .

a friend of mine did a birth plan w his wife, but i m not sure how close they follow.
as for me is when the time comes, the time comes. :001_302:

no planning is ever enough for our babies :)

True.. Better than to hear bad news also. Glad to hear yr results were -ve! Yups.. Waiting time for any results is always an agony..
Cos i was approached by someone who does birth planning.. And she mentioned about considering a doula ( someone who provides labour support to u n hubby during delivery ).. It all sounds quite nice to have.. I did elarn alot from the preview with her tho.. Still yet to decide on anything yet.. Cos i just realised there are so much that i never knew about pregnancy & birthing! ;p

Happy MTB

True.. Better than to hear bad news also. Glad to hear yr results were -ve! Yups.. Waiting time for any results is always an agony..
Cos i was approached by someone who does birth planning.. And she mentioned about considering a doula ( someone who provides labour support to u n hubby during delivery ).. It all sounds quite nice to have.. I did elarn alot from the preview with her tho.. Still yet to decide on anything yet.. Cos i just realised there are so much that i never knew about pregnancy & birthing! ;p
HI all mummies, ya. No news is good news:) As long the baby is well & healthy, should be ok. Looking at baby is not "boring"...I am always looking forward to my appt. As for my doctor, he always joke with me so i guess the check up is quite pleasant. I just find it quite short for the check up. haha. There are not much to ask also, if anything we need to know, i believe our gynae will definately highlight to us.:)

Happy MTB

Hi Mummies!

My edd is in Jan'12, which is the CNY peak period. I've checked with several confinement agencies and freelance confinement nannies, all increase prices tremendously, so expensive.
My mother and mother in law are both working, it's hard to request either one of them to apply 1 month leave for me. My alternative option is to engage confinement food catering service, what's your opinions? And for showering of baby, I can wait till my family members end work and help me with it.

My husband and I are having a headache over this issue right now. Appreciate all your opinions :wewink:

Thanks!
Hi Hofamily,

I have the same problems with you. But in the end, we still find a confinement lady for a month. I have booked this lady for $3200. (after discount of $100...-_-zzz). Usually during CNY they will x 1.5 more than usual price. For me i think i would prefer to have a confinement lady with me than having confinement food catering. Since we still need someone to take care of us & babies. Might as well just pay & she do everything? At the same time we can learn from them especially if you are a first time mummy. The first month is rather important after birth, so paying a little bit more if you can, i think should be ok. Hope you can make up your mind soon as confinement lady need to book earlier esp during CNY.

cygo

Cos i was approached by someone who does birth planning.. And she mentioned about considering a doula ( someone who provides labour support to you n hubby during delivery ).. It all sounds quite nice to have.. I did elarn alot from the preview with her tho.. Still yet to decide on anything yet.. Cos i just realised there are so much that i never knew about pregnancy & birthing! ;p
Thx Hidz, yes indeed is a relieve .

initially i choose Dr Paul cos he does water birth, but after studying more into it, we (my hubby & i) wil need to commit alot of time & $ into having a doula, so after some consideration, we decided to hav a normal birth. & am already glad that i can hav a natural birth to my gal .

study more into it & discuss w your hubby what you all really want, guess that's the best ans for your qn ? :twink:

cygo

HI all mummies, ya. No news is good news:) As long the baby is well & healthy, should be ok. Looking at baby is not "boring"...I am always looking forward to my appt. As for my doctor, he always joke with me so i guess the check up is quite pleasant. I just find it quite short for the check up. haha. There are not much to ask also, if anything we need to know, i believe our gynae will definately highlight to us.:)
you r right Happy MTB, hearing their heart beat stil excites me everytime:shyxxx: , no fail!! ho..ho....

Hidz

Happy mtb,

Likewise! Thank god for the baby viewing...! Lol.. Esp now that the baby is becoming more active.. Im really curious to see what the baby's doing! Haha.. Ok since it seems normal for short checkups, i shldnt worry too much then! Heee... Just now was such an endearing moment.. I talked and rubbed my tummy.. The baby 'punched' /kicked back in response.. This went on for quite sometime.. I kept laughing ngiggling everytime baby moves.. Its so ticklish most times! Lol.. NOW, i Cant wait for baby to come out.. FINALLY the mood and feel to look forward the birth, and baby stuff hunting has come to me.. A lil late i guess compared to most mtbs out there.. Im just so glad the 'down' moment during the past months is starting to lift up for me.. ;)

Last edited:

Hidz

Thx Hidz, yes indeed is a relieve .

initially i choose Dr Paul cos he does water birth, but after studying more into it, we (my hubby & i) wil need to commit alot of time & $ into having a doula, so after some consideration, we decided to hav a normal birth. & am already glad that i can hav a natural birth to my gal .

study more into it & discuss w your hubby what you all really want, guess that's the best ans for your qn ? :twink:
Hi cygo,

Yups which is why im holding out for the moment.. Who wouldnt want to have evrything to be perfect n complete for our children, right? But we have to consider very carefully .. And like you, me n hubby lacked the time as well due to our very hectic work schedules... We'll see how it goes.. :)

AhJanz

Hi mummies! I went for gynae apptmt yday. Baby weight was 835g at 25weeks. Dr Tham commented that baby is in an Ang mo size, wants me to cut down on fruits and carbo. He said I could only put on 2kg for the next 1 mth, if I failed he will put me on GD test. I have do far gained 6.7kg :(

Btw, Dr Tham said avg shld be 500-800g, I hit the max.

Can mummies here share with me your baby weight at 25 weeks?

Hi all happy mummies... its been a while since i posted anything already.... have been so busy with my 1st son.. wahhaha

how have you guys been.. seems like i have missed quite abit of stuffs..

i'll be going for my checkup again on next wed... should be ard 26 weeks now... but i have difficulties sleeping at nite already... so sad...

cygo

Hi mummies! I went for gynae apptmt yday. Baby weight was 835g at 25weeks. Dr Tham commented that baby is in an Ang mo size, wants me to cut down on fruits and carbo. He said I could only put on 2kg for the next 1 month, if I failed he will put me on good test. I have do far gained 6.7kg :(

Hi AhJanz,
my boy wt around 720g on 25wk, but me, i almost spoil the weighing machine, haha!!! :tkaboom:

Happy MTB

Happy mtb,

Likewise! Thank god for the baby viewing...! Lol.. Esp now that the baby is becoming more active.. Im really curious to see what the baby's doing! Haha.. Ok since it seems normal for short checkups, i shldnt worry too much then! Heee... Just now was such an endearing moment.. I talked and rubbed my tummy.. The baby 'punched' /kicked back in response.. This went on for quite sometime.. I kept laughing ngiggling everytime baby moves.. Its so ticklish most times! Lol.. NOW, i Cant wait for baby to come out.. FINALLY the mood and feel to look forward the birth, and baby stuff hunting has come to me.. A lil late i guess compared to most mtbs out there.. Im just so glad the 'down' moment during the past months is starting to lift up for me.. ;)
Hi Hisz, No worries, although i have bought some big items but there are still alot of items i need to buy, & i haven start yet too!!! But i guess the fatigue part for third term have striked me now...am getting more n more hard to wake up to work compared to last few months. haaaa

cygo

Hi cygo,

Yups which is why im holding out for the moment.. Who wouldnt want to have evrything to be perfect n complete for our children, right? But we have to consider very carefully .. And like you, me n hubby lacked the time as well due to our very hectic work schedules... We'll see how it goes.. :)
Hi Hidz,
no worries, everything wil be fine for you & baby :win:

Happy MTB

Hi mummies! I went for gynae apptmt yday. Baby weight was 835g at 25weeks. Dr Tham commented that baby is in an Ang mo size, wants me to cut down on fruits and carbo. He said I could only put on 2kg for the next 1 mth, if I failed he will put me on GD test. I have do far gained 6.7kg :(

Hi Janz,

Hmm. my baby is about 698g on the 24th weeks. which doc said 24th weeks should be 600-900g. i was in the middle so is ok. my next appt is on the 18th, by then i would have already 27th..but i have put on 9kg for my weight!!.

cygo

Happy mtb,

haha... my gal used to kick me @ 11.30pm every nite. my boy is less predictable.
well, only us mommies get to feel all the fun . ho..ho..ho...:wong30: (despite the tiredness etc during pregnancy laa )

Thanks for the encouragement, Karcool. Yes, trying to be more positive and feel happier... was watching Mr bean's Holiday that nite although I had watched the movie and on tv before. he never fails to make me laugh!

Hi hi excited mum,
Look on the bright side k :biggrin:. If you feel better it'll be good for bb too, so important for you to be well emotionally.
Yah I guess if you dun expect much from your PIL you'll feel better? And dun compare ;) cos it'll usually only make us feel bad. I'm sure in their hearts they know that you are a nice DIL :)!

Hi Janz,

During my 24th wk checkup, Dr Ben Tham also commented that my weight gain was significant! :(
He did ask me to watch my diet. I have put on 7kg since wk 8...
As for baby, he's about 600+ to 700+ grams.
Baby was 291g during wk 20 detailed scan.

Karcool

Hi Janz,

During my 24th wk checkup, Dr Ben Tham also commented that my weight gain was significant! :(
He did ask me to watch my diet. I have put on 7kg since wk 8...
As for baby, he's about 600+ to 700+ grams.
Baby was 291g during wk 20 detailed scan.
My doc never weight me one leh for each appointment..dunno if its too many patients or what. Blood pressure also never always take just the urine test shown to the counter nurse. I think my weight gain is like very scary leh, have lost 2-3 kg in 1st trimester but gained total of 8 Kg since 2nd trim!! Baby was 545 g at wk 23 scan at the doc but he never say anything leh.. Think I must cut down on my carbs and biscuits...

Karcool

Hi Mummies!

Thanks!
Hi Hofamily,
Is it your first child? I also think that its good to have a helper or CL ard during your confinement, at least that's what all my frens who had bb have been telling me. Cos you'll be quite tired esp 1st month after giving birth so that you'll be able to have a good rest. But its all up to your choice actually cos I also heard/read of mummies who had bad experience with their CL. I was also thinking about not getting one cos of the cost: mine cost $3300, its a free lance from malaysia. Not cheap ah during the CNY period just pray that she is good.
I approached gpls and pem and they both told me they're fully booked liao. So I advise you to decide fast yah if you decide to look for one :)

HoFamily

Hi Karcool,

Yes it is my first child. Ya it's so not cheap... What a "good" time to be due in such peak period Haha...
Thanks! will decide asap. thank u, mummies!