EDD Jan 2012 Mummies

AhJanz

Happy MTB, cos my bb was 835g at 24 week 4/6 days.. He showed me the thighs and arms and said its the size of an angmo baby, which is no gd. And bb can easily hit 3-4kg during birth and I will have to go for c-sect. Haiz.. this really bothered me aLot to be frank.

wow.. Envy u, no stretchmark. Pls dont scratch.. I think my stretchmark was due to my scratching.

Happy MTB

Happy MTB, cos my bb was 835g at 24 week 4/6 days.. He showed me the thighs and arms and said its the size of an angmo baby, which is no gd. And bb can easily hit 3-4kg during birth and I will have to go for c-sect. Haiz.. this really bothered me aLot to be frank.

wow.. Envy u, no stretchmark. Pls dont scratch.. I think my stretchmark was due to my scratching.
Hi Ah Janz,
Oic..dont worry dear. Maybe cut down on your sugar intake? As long as baby is healthy, should be fine. I have friends give birth to a baby boy of 3.98kg. But everything is well! We still have 3 more months! Very fast! :)
Hmm now no stretchmark la, not sure after birth..-_-..But i cant help to scratch!! grr..jsut scratch it gently...

Karcool

Hi Ahjanz,
I intend to go for post-natal massage at home. Before you sign up can you go for a trial first? So that you know if you'll like the place, service or the person doing it? I do hear before origins jamu message and babies bellies.

As for stretch mark creams my frens recommend clarins but I've not tried it. Some also say it depends on your genes and not so much on stretch mark creams. But I guess it doesn't hurt to do extra moisturisation rite heheh..

My sleeping buds are back, hitting the sack pretty early these nights, so restless.

Happy MTB, I've bot most of my items by now, all big items are settled over the weekend... phew.. Wanted to wait for Nov bb sale but hb too excited and we just cleared big items at one go...

I'm still thinking whether to sign up with Origins Jamu Massage, anyone has review on this?

AhJanz

Happy MTB - wow.. 3.98kg.. tats cute! I heard that baby boy is usually heavier?!

Maybe Dr Tham is more strict on weight management. Yup, I had cut off with packet drinks and certain fruits, only stick to apples and pears for now.

What i did was pat lightly on the itchy area to replace the scratching, hahaa.. But i realised i scratch during my sleep sometimes, lol..

AhJanz

Karcool, yup think i will check with origins if they provide trial session for first timer. Anyway their package wasnt cheap also. Actually my gf intro one malay lady at only $50 per session, but she's fully booked in Jan. Are you getting one yourself?

Ya, I heard that stretchmark is actually from the genes. But the prob is my mum doesnt have it during both her preg :(

I just did a research on clarins, there are 2 prdts for pregnancy stretchmark which are oil base and cream, not sure which one to get.

Happy MTB

Hi Ahjanz,
I intend to go for post-natal massage at home. Before you sign up can you go for a trial first? So that you know if you'll like the place, service or the person doing it? I do hear before origins jamu message and babies bellies.

As for stretch mark creams my frens recommend clarins but I've not tried it. Some also say it depends on your genes and not so much on stretch mark creams. But I guess it doesn't hurt to do extra moisturisation rite heheh..
Hi Karcool, i went to mumbabyliss but i dont find it good. I go for their trial, luckily i never sign up any packages. am going to try out babies Bellies soon, probably this or next week. Will keep u all update on their service.but i think should be not bad..cos my friend went there till she gave birth. My stretchmark cream is clarin, but am very lazy, never apply everyday. Ya, i heard about the genes too. My friend apply clarins, but she still have stretchmark after birth. so i guess more or less it depend on genes also.

Happy MTB

Happy MTB - wow.. 3.98kg.. tats cute! I heard that baby boy is usually heavier?!

Maybe Dr Tham is more strict on weight management. Yup, I had cut off with packet drinks and certain fruits, only stick to apples and pears for now.

What i did was pat lightly on the itchy area to replace the scratching, hahaa.. But i realised i scratch during my sleep sometimes, lol..
yaya heard baby boy more heavier. my that friend had a very strict diet from Dr tham. but also because she had gestional diabetes at that time. I read alot of Dr tham thread, i think he is very concern about baby weight. As almost i read, he always give strict diet..haaa.I wonder how is my next appt..-_-...Do not drink those packet drinks...alot of sugar inside. replace with fruit juice or honey drink if you want something sweet.

Happy MTB

Karcool, yup think i will check with origins if they provide trial session for first timer. Anyway their package wasnt cheap also. Actually my gf intro one malay lady at only $50 per session, but she's fully booked in Jan. Are you getting one yourself?

Ya, I heard that stretchmark is actually from the genes. But the prob is my mum doesnt have it during both her preg :(

I just did a research on clarins, there are 2 prdts for pregnancy stretchmark which are oil base and cream, not sure which one to get.
Hi Ahjanz, I bought the cream base one. Oil base is more oily so i prefer cream.

Rosha

Hello Beautiful Mummys-to-be,

Looking for Masseuse Lady? I provide Pre-natal, Post-natal and full body Relaxing Massage at your doorstep. End-of-year discount available effective from today! For more details and inquiries, please call or text me at 93766413. So hurry book now!:)

AhJanz

Morning mummies :001_302:

Happy MTB: Actually i drink plain water more than canned or packet drinks. But anyway will try out honey water, tat sounds good to me, heheee..

I dont like oily feel too. Anyway my gf was so kind enuf to pass me her clarins cream to try :)

Jas77

Hey Ah Janz and Happy MTB,

I'm using both the oil and cream. Really feels very good! I use the cream for the day and the oil for the night. I still have stretch marks at the sides of my tummy but it's not a lot. So i guess the thing about DNA does come into play. Nevertheless, the cream/oil is worth the $$ cos i really feel very moisturised after the cream and relaxed after the oil massage!

Morning mummies :001_302:

Happy MTB: Actually i drink plain water more than canned or packet drinks. But anyway will try out honey water, that sounds good to me, heheee..

I dont like oily feel too. Anyway my gf was so kind enuf to pass me her clarins cream to try :)

sallysally

Hi Jas, my baby at 24weeks is about 820g too and I've gained 7kg since pregnancy... 5kg gained just for October! *gulp
What's worrying is, according to my gynae baby weight is good and normal. He didnt say anything much apart from not to put on more than 2kg for the rest of my pregnancy.

Hi mummies!!! How is everyone doing? Moving on soon to the third trimester yeah? I just reached the 3rd trimester. Starting to feel really really tight and have to learn to walk slowly........ Yesterday was bad...... tummy was super tight and felt pain while walking. Feel slightly better today but still have some sharp pain. At 24 weeks, my baby was 812g. Seems to be kinda heavy but gyne just said she's on the big side.... with long legs.... didn't give any advice about cutting down on food. Will be seeing gyne in two days! Is this the time when we see the gyne more often?

sallysally

Hey Hidz, this is interesting. I experience the exact same as you! I'd write down stuffs to be discuss and yet I kinda went blank in front of him! I get frustrated with myself sometimes... Grr!! I think i am having labour anxiety so apart from the daily experiences I encountered that I shared with gynae my other questiones typically focus on labour itself.

Hey mtbs...

Tmrw will be my 1st of the tri-weekly gynae appt.. Is there anything different that i should expect this time? Quite nervous.. And excited somehow.. The countdown is getting nearer to edd!! Hehe ;D

Oh btw do u babes ask loads of qns to your gynae? I'm always filleD with alot of qns in my ehad prior, but somehow my mind went blank almost each time i faced my gynae!! :p even tho i've written down some of the qns.. Ended up i wld always feel alil silly.. Is this normal?

What are the typical qns to ask ard this time? I'm just too excited to think! ;p

AhJanz

Sally - OMG, it seems only Dr Tham is very strict on weight issue lIke what Happy MTB mentioned. 1 of my gf told me that her gynae Douglas Ong conduct G D test on every pregnancy, so asked me not to worry too much.

Hidz

Hey Hidz, this is interesting. I experience the exact same as you! I'd write down stuffs to be discuss and yet I kinda went blank in front of him! I get frustrated with myself sometimes... Grr!! I think i am having labour anxiety so apart from the daily experiences I encountered that I shared with gynae my other questiones typically focus on labour itself.

Sally.. Lol i guess it happens alot.. You may be right on the anxiety part! Now the thing that keeps me happy most is whenever bb moves.. Which is getting more frequent.. Stronger now! Hehe.. I guess i should be glad that its been a good pregnancy so far as no news is good news.. Currently i kept thinking whats it like to give birth.. Lol.. Been watching birthing moments in youtube, believe it or not! ;p each time i will get emo and teared abit... Hahaha

Btw anyone of us here are currently using a maternity belt? Can share more info on this? ;) thanks much!!

Hidz

Ah janz dun worry.. My bb's est. weight is 850g at 25w6d on last friday checkup. So far as of combined weight i've gained about 5kg. I was steadily and VERY slowly gaining weight until i reached 24w and it sudddenly shot up after that! Gynae said its a bit too fast this time, but i'm still on the safe side.. and told me there's nothing to worry about.. Cos i've been losing, gaining and losing weight before this lol.. ;p anw the weight is just an estimation so its ok. Best is we weigh our selves every few days to keep in check. I checked mine every 2-3days. The ironic and funny thing was that i seemed to gain more when i eat less, but i lost or remained stagnant when i ate more.. Something i cant find an explanation for.. Hahahah..

AhJanz

Thanks Hidz. U r right, I should start to weigh myself more often to keep track of the weight. I seriously cut down on carbo and sweet stuff after last visit. My hb thinks that Im too bothered with baby's weight, but I just cant help it.

wow.. 5kg really slow and steady... For me, I didnt gain much during 1st trim, but it rocket up after my 20 week scan, like 4 kgs gain within a month. And my intake is normal as before, not sure why thou.

what is maternity belt? Is it used to support the bump?

Hi mummies, i just came back from my checkup..

my baby is weighing 967g at 26weeks... Gynea says as long as below 1Kg is still consider average and normal...

hmmmm but experiencing some backache so she prescribe me with some neurobion (Vit B).....

sallysally

I think of labour all the time and get all emotional and even cry!! Like you, I am also thinking of engaging the service of a doula as I believe I need someone professional who can help me relax and relieve my pain. But, it's kind of pricey and it's not a common custom for us to engage one. Husband not keen about the idea and finds it unnecessary... will see how things go.

Sally.. Lol i guess it happens alot.. You may be right on the anxiety part! Now the thing that keeps me happy most is whenever bb moves.. Which is getting more frequent.. Stronger now! Hehe.. I guess i should be glad that its been a good pregnancy so far as no news is good news.. Currently i kept thinking whats it like to give birth.. Lol.. Been watching birthing moments in youtube, believe it or not! ;p each time i will get emo and teared abit... Hahaha

Btw anyone of us here are currently using a maternity belt? Can share more info on this? ;) thanks much!!