EDD Jan 2013

Dragontail

Generally I feel it's ok to eat those "liang" food but you dont like eat them all at one seating. lol. Occassionally can still consume them. But just eat a little and dont like take them every week or something.

I was also adviced on seafood ban so as to keep the baby skin problem free. I have a problem with this... because I dont eat meat in general, except very little chicken and fish and also seafood. Everytime face chicken or fish I get bored. I went ahead to indulge in crabs. Like most people say, eat but just in moderation.

Asphere

crabs... i wanted to eat that but due to some bad experience i ban myself from crab for this pregnancy. i am so counting down to my next check up... time is passing so slow.. argh~~

LeeTham

Haha...:D i have a calander next to me..everyday striking off the days..haha btw r u allow to travel oversea during pregnancy?? --- Asphere

Dragontail

I also have a calendar stuck on my wardrobe door. Now and then we will also look at it and wonder why 11Aug is taking so long to come when we always complain time flies. lol.

Gonna video the gynae visit again. Wanna capture the moment we got the answer on the million dollar question!

I pre-booked my airtixs to Phuket in Oct12 and Jan13 to BKK. Looks like I cant go. And it's rather expensive to postpone flight. So I might have to forgo. Argh. But I think I will still ask gynae what he thinks if I wanna fly in Oct... try my luck :p That's my 3rd trime. Dont know if I'll be too bulky to travel then or not....

Last edited:

Asphere

LeeTham: i am not travelling coz very tiring keke.. but if i am not wrong should be allow to travel b4 3rd trimester. also depending on what gynae said.. and some airline wants the doc letter before allowing preggie to board .

LeeTham

I m thinking take a short trip to malaysia to visit relatives :)
These few days i trying to feel my bby kick..still cant feel it..but a few stretchy pain..dun knw izzit his kick or jus the growing stretch :)

Asphere

maybe both keke...i was reading online and said for 14wk foetus is about 9cm tall. imagine when the baby is born, he/she is 50+ cm.. amazing isnt it..so now to make me feel the time pass fast i keep finding out how tall my baby is haha

LeeTham

Yes amazing everytime when we see he scan..hw much our bb has grow over the weeks. Remember the 1st scan we saw only little tiny bit on the 4th scan we can see his gender, his hands and legs. My boy is looking downwards during thr scan..so cant see much of his face :)

LeeTham

Mummies, if u miss your baby..take out the video that u have recorded during ur last visit (if u have) n view...my hub n I jus watch the video again...is soo..humm wonderful.

Dragontail

Can I know if 3D scan is something available at all hospitals? Do I need to request from KKH? When it's the best time to do it? I guess there's a cost to it?

senscgal

Ladies, thanks for the listing on the "not so good" food during pregnancy. I can' stand the smell of beef and dislike the taste of some fish.. so been mostly eating chicken.. I am so sick of eating chicken already~~~

Gem2505 : Awww... appts for the second trimested is so long.. i have to wait for 5 weeks since my last scan as well. Have been looking forward to see the baby scans every 2-3 weeks during the first trimester. Addicted to these ultrasounds~

Dragontail : Not sure about 3D Scans unfortunately!! I indulge in prawns sometimes.. yes, food moderations. So many 'pantangs' for pregnancy... sigh!! On top of that, certain okay foods make me sick..

LeeTham : My doctor told me during my last visit if I have a thumbdrive 'coz he can save the ultrasound session directly. Not sure if pictures or video.. but I thought to myself "Why didn't you tell me earlier or during the last appt!?!" So ladies, just check with your doctor :)

We drove to KL in early September (still in first trimester). Ok trip except I need to make frequent stops to relieve my bladder ;p We have booked a flight to Perth in September.. Can't postpone it either... so I do hope the nausea will stop by then. I will ask my doctor to write a letter to show the airlines, just in case.

I think some airlines indicates that if you are more than 6-7 months, they won't allow you to fly regardless if you have the doctor's approval.. just check in-advance with the airlines staff :)

Dragontail

Detailed scan is to be done about 20weeks I believe. My next visit is at 18weeks.... then 2 weeks later, yes it will be my detailed scan.

Also known as FA scan, I learnt from a book that it's the most "important" scan. If there's only one scan you can do during the pregnancy, this is it.

LeeTham

sensgal: ur doc is so cool ah..'thumbdrive' some more... mine doc said can video..he tot we will be using iphone...he was alittle shock with my hub took out his DSLR CAMERA...hehe doc laugh.

Dragontail

Oh it think it will be awesome if KKH has that thing about thumbdrive to save the ultrasound scan. I'll bring one along in case I'm lucky :) Thanks for sharing!

LeeTham

Dragontail: mine detail scan will be in 4 weeks time (20weeks) at Thomson Medical Centre. Dun knw whether we are allowed to video the scanning progress at TMC anot.
Jus a little curious what kind of detail they will be scanning on our baby.