EDD Jan 2013

senscgal

Dragontail, Big hugs!!! Do take time out from work to recover!! We are here for you!

It's pretty scary that one of us having a mc especially after the passing the first trimester mark. Really unexpected! My next scan is in 2.5 weeks (5 weeks after the last scan) and I do hope everything is okay. A bit paranoid now..

Asphere : Do you know your baby's gender already?

Hikari

Hey Mummies/MTBS.How are you girls and your little ones doing?EDD given to me was 29th jan..anyone knows when the docs will be able to tell us the gender?so kan chiong man.i have check up at kkh this coming thursday.but they say its only normal doctor appt..will have no scan or anything..I wanna see my little one so bad!but I heard people saying that too many scans not gd for the baby..dunno true or not?wonder when I will finally start to show also..gah!

crystaloves

hi there Hikari... hehe... are u a subsidised patient? normally normal doc appt will only let you hear heartbeat... i also wanna see my little one.. from 16 weeks onwards.. gender can be roughly seen.. but docs appt at the hospital will only confirmed everything in 20-22 weeks during the second tri detailed scan... in regards on when u will be showing... hmm hard questions.. some ladies will show earlier than expected some will not show till 6 months... depends...

Hikari

hi there Hikari... hehe... are u a subsidised patient? normally normal doc appt will only let you hear heartbeat... i also wanna see my little one.. from 16 weeks onwards.. gender can be roughly seen.. but docs appt at the hospital will only confirmed everything in 20-22 weeks during the second tri detailed scan... in regards on when u will be showing... hmm hard questions.. some ladies will show earlier than expected some will not show till 6 months... depends...
Hey there crystaloves.I guess I am?Haha..hubby is a regular in the army=S.well they did tell me ard 5mths than they will do the detailed scan.but we are both too excited,wanna knw the gender..so now im actually thinking of going to a private gynae to check.about when ill show,im kinda sick of everyone asking me why im nt showing at all even at 4mths plus..no weight gain,nothing..than public transport no one will give up their seats to me alrdy..haha!!

Asphere

senscgal: i dunno the gender yet.. this sat will find out hopefully :)so you find out the gender yet?crystaloves: my appt is on sat just tat my #1 kicked me on my tummy during his slp on sat nite so tot of changing today but well no slot sigh~ dunno wanna walk in anot .. coz if walk in i will need to pay more.. if sat then no need pay coz sign package already.hikari: we have the same edd!! haha so this thurs u will know the gender?

Hikari

Asphere:haha same edd.my mum told me that firstborn always come out earlier though?Im nt sure whether thurs kkh will be able to tel me the gender yet..cos they were saying its just a normal doc check up.but heart itchy..want to know asap lei..wanna buy clothes for baby cos that day I was shopping at Nex..saw the baby apparels..so damn cute.omg kiasu mummy.heh heh..wanna prepare also.cos hubby flying off to Taiwan this wkend alrdy,he also want to know whether he has a baby boy or baby girl to look forward to.=D

Asphere

yes your mom is right. normally 1st born will come out earlier.Well go see the doc then tell the doc that your hubby going outstation for quite some time and hope to know the gender soon. see if they will tell you anot.normally normal check up will also scan right?my sat appt is normaly check i guess but everytime i go doc will do the scan..

LeeTham

Hikari...if ur hamd itchy wan to buy bb clothes...buy some unisex color tones 1st :). I understand hw u feel. U will feel itchy itchy when u walk into baby fair!! I knw my boy's in our 4th mth scan which is last mth. Once we knw the gender..tat very morning my hub n i went into JB n bought him his 1st of clothes..as a reward cos we keep talking to baby to show us his gender during the scan. :) u can try talking to ur baby. Maybe u can request KKH for a scan during ur next appointment. Bluff the doc abit hehe..to make make the doc do a scan for u.*wink*

Hikari

Asphere:so its true that firstborn will come out earlier.heh.cant wait lei.nw alrdy august..dunno Jan baby gt any benefits anot?any that u knw of babe?well doc say just check up..but Hubby told me maybe u can request for scan on that day but than again heard that nt healthy for baby to kp doing scans?LeeTham:so 4mths can tell alrdy?u make my heart more itchy only!I think I will go bluff the doc into doing scan for me.I wanna knw so bad!names I also think alrdy.heeheehee.btw does the size of my tummy actually determine the size of baby?cos my tummy still flat...dk if baby still too small?

Asphere

Hikari, if baby is on the 1st then more benefit, if not will be nothing haha... dun worry abt the tummy size.. my #1 only 3.03kg and people actualyl tot i am having twin then.. haha...dun worry about the size. as long gynae said ok.. everything is okie.

senscgal

Asphere : All the best for your scan this sat! My next appt is the Anomally scan which is on the 29th August. 2 more weeks of waiting!! Hopefully, the scan will indicate that baby is healthy and fine.

Hikari : Did you sign on the package? Sometimes the package is inclusive of ultrasounds each appt sessions and some not; where you have to pay additionally. Update us if you are able to get a scan and find out the gender!! so exciting!! I don't think the scans are harmful to the baby. I always look forward to seeing the ultrasounds on each appt!

Going 17 weeks this Friday and having a little belly bump... it's difficult to get a good sleep nowadays as I keep tossing and turning at night to try to sleep on my sides... I am a back sleeper normally and sleeps that way during the first trimester. However, with the belly now.. I am paranoid if baby is having difficulty breathing if I sleep on my back. I read some articles that mention baby heartrate drops when the mom sleeps on her back...

Hikari

Asphere:Im just abit intimidated by other MTB almost same time as me but tummy showing bump.mine still completely flat and im still as skinny.No worries i will ask my gynae on Thursday=)
senscgal:package?dint knw gt package..just blurblur go there cos i gt referred to kkh emergency from polyclinic to confirm my pregnancy last time..so i just continue going there for follow ups.I will go ask them more in depth abt the package this Thurs.hope got more subsidy cos hubby is civil servant.hehe.4mths plus alrdy..cant wait to knw gender.I also thought of names.teehee=D

LeeTham

Senscgal..at 1st i also have problem slping on my side..but dont worry..very soon u will find it comfortable slping side naturally..weird hor. I use my bolster (soft type) to help support my tummy when slp on my side. Try using a soft pillow or bolster to support ur tummy. Very soon u also can feel ur baby move in different position of ur tummy..if u notice the different before slping n after wake up the next day:)

Asphere

Hikari: dun worry, i have frenz who was pregnant and we totally have no idea she was pregnant till she inform us she was about to due.she is also small size and skinny type. and her baby boy is healthy when born.. not to worry on that. :)

senscgal

Hikari : Don't worry about the belly size! I read in a book that the size of the belly is dependent on the mom's size, abdominal strength and if it's the first pregnancy. I did have a decent flat tummy before pregnancy but not those firm abs sort. No core muscles.. maybe that's why a bit more obvious when pregnant. Although I think it's a bit obvious, some of my colleagues have yet to notice either.

Lee Tham : I probably need to invest in softer pillow or bolster to sleep on my side. My current ones are a bit firm. I can't really feel the baby's movement.. or more like I don't know what I should be feeling. Hopefully it will be a bit more distinct.. how does yours feel like?

Asphere : What would you recommend for mtb to buy for their newborn for the first 3 months? I realise babies grow really fast and I do not want to end up over-buying baby stuff. And then, if the baby is big, might not fit the newborn's size.. I would like to come up with a "To Buy List" and avoid buying unnecessary stuff (which will be difficult for first-time mtb- we just find everything important!). Appreciate your wise advise!

Hikari

Thanks ladies for the comforting thought..Ill just take it naturally then.at least I should be happy about still being able to fit in my tight-fitting clothes.Heh!Asphere:Congrats on your little Prince!So happy and excited for you=).So you ladies are all carrying baby boys?I wish I could know soon too..little prince or princess.Haha.Nontheless,its still my flesh and blood so I will love all the same.Just dun wanna kp referring to my baby as "it" or junior cos we still dun knw the gender..wanna call my baby by name.Appt is tmr..cant wait to know the progress of junior.i might really request for a scan tmr..kanchiong=S

Asphere

senscgal: nv buy the newborn clothes coz surely cannot wear long.. buy those bigger size..i abit kiasu i bought a bit of 3-6 mths but regret coz my #1 wear only a few time then cannot wear. so buy bigger better can wear longer.. buy more long sleeve n long pants.. got to protect baby kneecaps from cold.Hikari: i havent know the gender yet. hope is boy haha.. this sat i will know.. cant wait :)just feel my little one movement just now keke.. happy..

Hikari

oops.thought u found out alrdy.sorry!but you do want a little boy right?I still cant feel my junior's movements at all..im alrdy 16-17 weeks i thinks.