EDD Jan 2014

Rzena

I've also gained about 12-13kg by now. Trying to keep my weight increase under control coz the last visit to my gynae, he told me I should target for max 1.5kg increase per month from now on. Suddenly I feel like time has been fast-forwarded, delivery is in about 2 months time! Panic attack...
:err:

Dr E

Hi ladies,

any of u have your baby lying in the transverse position? My gynae was not too concerned about it when I went for my 28th week check-up. But accordingly to my husband's friend (who is a gynae in Hongkong), transverse position is extremely harmful for both mother and baby. In overseas, gynae will advice patients to do exercise to correct the position, provided the umbilical cord is not wrapped around the baby's neck. But my gynae has never once mentioned anything about the coiling of the umbilical cord.

Anyone experiencing the same situation? Appreciate if you can share some info. Thks!

Hi ladies,

any of u have your baby lying in the transverse position? My gynae was not too concerned about it when I went for my 28th week check-up. But accordingly to my husband's friend (who is a gynae in Hongkong), transverse position is extremely harmful for both mother and baby. In overseas, gynae will advice patients to do exercise to correct the position, provided the umbilical cord is not wrapped around the baby's neck. But my gynae has never once mentioned anything about the coiling of the umbilical cord.

Anyone experiencing the same situation? Appreciate if you can share some info. Thks!
It is not harmful at all. At your stage, baby has so much room to turn. They will learn to turn safely. Not too worry. I suggest you attend an upcoming Birth talk and Pre-pregnancy cleansing on 11 November to get your question answered.https://www.facebook.com/events/598679140193369/

Bii

Hi Mummies,

I am 26 weeks pregnant, my hemoglobin check has dropped and doctor said is low...any ideas to increase the blood level except taking beef?

babytazz

Bii - not too sure what hemoglobin means. But if you need to increase food that has good iron, can take pig's kidney, clams, oyster. While eating these, pls make sure they are cooked properly. And for clams, I wouldn't really suggest eating too much. See the link below..

Top Iron Rich Foods: A Complete List

Hope this helps..

Bii

Are u already taking iron supplements?
HI BABAYTAZZ,
hemoglobin= red blood cell which help transport oxygen to the the body tissue and baby. That is what worried me doctor said i not enough blood. Demand more than supply.The pumpkin seed in the diagram need to be roasted before eating? i bought from NTUC is raw one...like what shown in the picture..greenish color.

Hi Illuz,
Already taking iron and vit c supplement once a day. Now asked to take twice a day....but i doubt it help if not taking from main food

Dr E

Hi Bii,

did u check what type of iron supp u are currently taking? Some forms of iron e.g iron sulfate is more difficult to be absorbed than iron gluconate. My hemoglobin level was also low during the 1st trimester, but after taking Sangobion for several months my hemoglobin and RBC level have rise. Rmbl also not to take your iron supp together with calcium or food with high calcium content (like milk).

illuz

I remember I read somewhere that your stool colour (should be black) is an indication of whether the iron supplement had been efficiently absorbed by the body.

Bii

I remember I read somewhere that your stool colour (should be black) is an indication of whether the iron supplement had been efficiently absorbed by the body.
Hi Rezna, i didnt do blood test at every visit. Just second time do it. i think at later stage baby development is fast and more blood is needed.

Hi Dr. E, I am taking Neogobion. Is this an iron sulphate that hardly to be absorbed? Yup, i have 1 hour gap for iron and calcium. But how come still being tested low hemoglobin.

Hi Illuz,
The stool black is due to extra iron being expelled out from the body and it make the stool looks black. I not sure if stool black mean the body is absorbing or not...where you read from?

Bii

Hi Mummies,

Any one taking chicken essence? my mother in law said chichken essence can boost blood level.

illuz

Hmm.. I'm not too sure.. But if extra is being expel would mean the body already got what it needs? I'm taking neogobion too and taking together with calcium. My doc didn't say needs to take separately though..

huilee

Hallo....

Just to share with you.

If anyone want to sign up for baby's cord blood banking with Cordlife during Parenthood Fair 8-10 Nov 2013 at Expo, I can refer you as a friend.
We each can get $100 worth of shopping vouchers.
Do email me at dizzyd3280@gmail.com or PM me if you are interested as I may not follow the threads timely.
Thanks.

Dr E

Hi Bii,

Neogobion contains ferrous gluconate, the more absorbable form of iron. I'm not sure if 1 hr gap is sufficient, I'm more kiasu so usu will keep a 3 hr gap btw my cal and iron supp.

illuz

Recently I felt rhythmic pulsating fetal movements. I was still wondering why would baby move in such a consistent frequency until I google and most people said it is baby hiccups! Anyone felt that too? It's cute to be hiccups.. I will ask my doc this Friday.

5mummy

Recently I felt rhythmic pulsating fetal movements. I was still wondering why would baby move in such a consistent frequency until I google and most people said it is baby hiccups! Anyone felt that too? It's cute to be hiccups.. I will ask my doc this Friday.
If its rhythmic, consistent and lasts for 3-5 mins then yes!! hiccups! its so cute isnt it?? :)