EDD Jan 2014

Rzena

I dont feel so much pelvic pain, but recently starting to feel aches and pains in my lower back, and I walk more and more like penguin now. The bump also feels like getting lower and lower.... Seeing my gynae tomorrow, looking forward to see how the young one is coming along. Also going for my hospital tour tomorrow afternoon, abit the last minute huh? Hahaha...

Missy10

I have not attended any hospital visit yet, dunno where to start, in KKH....

Anyway, i went for my bb growth scan yesterday, bb was.. 2.6kg @ 32 weeks...
And the placenta is only 4cm away from opening, but doctor say still wait n see to try for natural

babytazz

Wow! That's a good weight! Mine only 1.8kg at wk 31 5 days. Will gynae check the placenta again later to see if can go normal delivery?

illuz

Mine was 2.5kg a few days ago at my 34w scan. I asked my doctor regarding the symptoms I was having and she assured me it's normal. The pelvic sharp pain is due to baby head pushing down. The cramps is ok as long as it's not getting intense and frequent. I probably over worked myself recently and should slow down abit.

im so busy I have yet to packed my hospital bag.. When do u ladies intend to start ur maternity leave? Is it risky to start mine at 38w just ard Xmas or should I start resting earlier?

Next check will be in 2weeks for the strep b

babytazz

My swab test is next week.. Seems earlier than most...
I don't really want to waste my leaves, so my planned leaves also will start from mid wk 38 if all goes well.

Missy10

gynae jus say wait n see, doing swab test on 24th, 3 weeks later

Also haven pack hospital bag, but already had a list on my fridge for my man jus in case!!!

For leave, if you think you really need to rest, then start earlier, mayb from 26th onwards, dun waste the festive privileges....

Rzena

Did my hospital tour yday..actually more for orientation of where to report to when the big day comes, what to expect in the delivery suite and what is provided etc.. Just dont want to panic when the day comes, not knowing where to go to when reach hospital. :D

Anyway my baby weighs 2.7kg yday at week 35. Applied for my maternity leave to start on 2 Jan which is week 39... but if closer to end Dec if I feel more symptoms then will start taking extra days' leave to wait at home. Counting down now!

Me also doing strep b test in my next visit 2 weeks later.

Missy10

Ladies, having bad water retention pain on my fingers, could hardly bend my fingers

Anyone experiencing??

babytazz

Think I saw a post in mummy market on this too. I didn't exp this, but what I read from that question's reply was try to put pillow under those hands to lift it up. I think a bit hard.. I would try ginger cream on my fingers to keep it warm. I read in the Internet about a mummy using earth mama's bottom spray to spray on her swollen feet and it helped her. Not sure if it works on hands. Hope u get better soon!

Rzena

I had water retention for my #1, but this time round don't have. Surprisingly I still can wear my wedding band when during my last pregnancy I had to remove them when I entered 3rd trimester. Carpal tunnel syndrome (numbness and pain in the fingers and arms) will hit many women after delivery...I'm hoping I wont get it again this time! It was so painful last time I couldn't even turn the door knob. Had to wear wrist braces to be able to carry and feed the baby.

illuz

Ladies, having bad water retention pain on my fingers, could hardly bend my fingers

Anyone experiencing??
Missy are you getting any better? For me, drinking lots and lots of water works miracle for me. Previously I had experienced cramps, water retention, and mild bladder irritation. After doctor advice to drinking more water, now I have no problems. I also realise that on days where I am very busy and forget to drink as much water, I get cramps and swelling at night. You may also want to take note to reduce on salt intake. Diuretic fluids may help too. Drink coconut water. They say we can start drinking leow. I love the taste and it's thirst quenching.

babytazz

I had water retention for my #1, but this time round don't have. Surprisingly I still can wear my wedding band when during my last pregnancy I had to remove them when I entered 3rd trimester. Carpal tunnel syndrome (numbness and pain in the fingers and arms) will hit many women after delivery...I'm hoping I wont get it again this time! It was so painful last time I couldn't even turn the door knob. Had to wear wrist braces to be able to carry and feed the baby.
I got it the last round too. Went to a gp but he just gave me muscle cream... Couldn't answer what happen. So it's called carpal tunnel syndrome... Mine affected 1 hand.

babytazz

Missy are you getting any better? For me, drinking lots and lots of water works miracle for me. Previously I had experienced cramps, water retention, and mild bladder irritation. After doctor advice to drinking more water, now I have no problems. I also realise that on days where I am very busy and forget to drink as much water, I get cramps and swelling at night. You may also want to take note to reduce on salt intake. Diuretic fluids may help too. Drink coconut water. They say we can start drinking leow. I love the taste and it's thirst quenching.
I googled and found coconut water helps in UTI too. Maybe less chance of infection. Hehe.. My gynae just did a swab test for me today. I felt it was early...

babytazz

Babytazz u did the strep b already? I thought normally they do closer to delivery around 36w?
I also thought it would be later. Hopefully wont need another check when it is later......... Gynae wanted to check if I have infection so he can treat in time in case of premature labour again. This is the second time I have this test already. :/

Missy10

illuz:845465 said:

Anyone experiencing??
Hi, its getting worse..... i drank alot of water, even at night....

I will be doing swab test on the 24th, dun think it's late bah....

Rzena

I will also be doing the strep b test next week, by then i will be week 36 going to week 37.

Missy, I dunno any remedies for water retention but hope your swelling and pain will go away soon... Maybe your baby too big and pressing on some nerves.

But i heard from my mum saying that if you have water retention and when it goes away, it means that you are going to give birth in approximately the next 2 days. Dunno how true.

Missy10

Thanks Rzena

Oh... all mummies here start counting down....
Im 34 weeks by tomorrow...

Mayb we shall have an update....