EDD July 2012

Jenni

Thanks babe! I'm trying my very best :( hopefully I can quit after seeing gynae this Sat.
Hi Yingver, Smoking can be quit too... I quit once i know i am pregnant too...
If you going to KK please do not go polyclinic and get refer letter as it will be under gov subsidy and when u deliver it will be the trainee who do the deliver to u... If your finance able you not to get the subsidy, i have bad experience in this...

anthony

Hi Engrave,

thanks for your advised.
had take noted.
and we have decided to go with Dr Adrian Woodworth as our Gynae, just when to see him yesterday.
Overall we are happy with him.

cheers.
Anthony

Hi! Congrats on your first baby!!

You must know that your wife is now going through a lot a lot if changes in her body, so mood and temper might be abit cranky. Try to be understanding and give in to her becos women at this stage can be really emotional and easily depressed! Make sure your wife eats a healthy balanced well nutritioned diet that consists of veggies and fruits. Doctor should also prescribe her with folic acid for baby. During first trimester, baby still weak and growing all the vital organs. Very easy to have miscarraige. So must be very careful, dont't do too much vigorous exercise. But most people will still recommend all pregnant women to continue exercising so that they can prepare for the day baby arrive. Can google on what exercises are safe.. Cannot drink alcohol, cannot smoke, try to avoid second hand smoke as well. dont't drink cold water also. Do NOT eat any medication for now. Please check with doctor what medications are safe for pregnancy. Cos some medications might cause baby to have defects. I've seen about 4 different GPs so far (cos i kept having fever) and I know for sure panadol is safe. If seeing doctor for sickness, pls let your wife inform the doctor that she is pregnant so that doctor will not prescribe wrong medicine.

For gynae wise, I can't recommend any since it's my first baby as well. Enjoy the 9 months journey! ^^

anthony

Hi JHeyy,

thanks for the reply.
we had go forDr Adrian Woodworth as our Gynae.
now i'm need to decide which Hospital to go.. Thomson or Mt A.

Cheers,
anthony

Hi there,

You can Google for recommended gynaes in Singapore.
My gynae who delivered my girl 10 months ago is resigning. So im looking for another gynae too.

Yingver07

Hi Yingver, Smoking can be quit too... I quit once i know i am pregnant too...
If you going to KK please do not go polyclinic and get refer letter as it will be under gov subsidy and when you deliver it will be the trainee who do the deliver to you... If your finance able you not to get the subsidy, i have bad experience in this...
Hi Jenni, I just came back from My 1st appt at TMC with my gynae. So I doubt I'll get any subsidy. My gynae say I should be 3-4 weeks but from what I calculated from my LMP is 21 oct so should be into 6 weeks. Kinda weird. Dunno how they count.

Jenni

Hi Jenni, I just came back from My 1st appt at TMC with my gynae. So I doubt I'll get any subsidy. My gynae say I should be 3-4 weeks but from what I calculated from my LMP is 21 oct so should be into 6 weeks. Kinda weird. Dunno how they count.
Hi Yingver, For now think u only saw a sac right? u have to wait till the second appt then can confirm how many week u are now... Only a sac will not know how big is baby now... By ur second appt u should be able to listen to baby heartbeat, ur gynae will able to measure how big is ur baby now... Don worry... Normally our counting is totally diff from gynea one...

Yingver07

Hi Yingver, For now think u only saw a sac right? u have to wait till the second appt then can confirm how many week u are now... Only a sac will not know how big is baby now... By ur second appt u should be able to listen to baby heartbeat, ur gynae will able to measure how big is ur baby now... Don worry... Normally our counting is totally diff from gynea one...
Hi Jenni, my 2nd appt in another 2 weeks time. Intially he use the ultra sound cannot see anything at all..only say can see my uterus swollen. Then he say need to do a viginal scan then end up then can see a tiny dot. So he told me the next appt can hear heartbeat. Mentioned to me about OSCAR scan too..sounded scary.

Jenni

Hi Jenni, my 2nd appt in another 2 weeks time. Intially he use the ultra sound cannot see anything at all..only say can see my uterus swollen. Then he say need to do a viginal scan then end up then can see a tiny dot. So he told me the next appt can hear heartbeat. Mentioned to me about OSCAR scan too..sounded scary.
Hi Yingver07,

Don worry so much, the tiny dot should be the SAC, u are still in the very early stage, ur next appt should be able to hear the heartbeat... How old are u? if u are 35 below, don be too worry abt the OSCAR scan, for me i didn't do any OSCAR scan for my first 2 pregnancy too... I am just 27 this yr... If u are above 35 Yrs, it better to do the OSCAR scan...

Yingver07

Hi Yingver07,

Don worry so much, the tiny dot should be the SAC, u are still in the very early stage, ur next appt should be able to hear the heartbeat... How old are u? if u are 35 below, don be too worry abt the OSCAR scan, for me i didn't do any OSCAR scan for my first 2 pregnancy too... I am just 27 this yr... If u are above 35 Yrs, it better to do the OSCAR scan...
Hi Jenni, I'm 26 this year. But is it safe not to do OSCAR as in more precaution in case. Never knew being preggy is so troublesome.

Jenni

Hi Jenni, I'm 26 this year. But is it safe not to do OSCAR as in more precaution in case. Never knew being preggy is so troublesome.
yes, is safe not to do OSCAR test, my first and second pregnancy didn't do, this 3rd pregnancy also not going to do... For age 35 above is better to do OSCAR testis to test risk of fetal anomalies... You are still young so don't worry so much... There isn't a need to do the OSCAR test...

Yingver07

yes, is safe not to do OSCAR test, my first and second pregnancy didn't do, this 3rd pregnancy also not going to do... For age 35 above is better to do OSCAR testis to test risk of fetal anomalies... You are still young so don't worry so much... There isn't a need to do the OSCAR test...
But my hubby will insist of me doing the scan, i think it's good to have clearer pictures then i wouldn't have to worry throughout my pregnancy. :)

jessyling

I m thinking of changing gynae ... :( 1st appointment cost mi $226 (consultation $120, scan $80, urine test stick $8, folic acid: forget how much + GST)

Somemore I got bleeding and went in twice emergency walk in ( in the end both times r due to polyps) so total 3 appointments cost mi more than $800 le .. :(

Jenni

I m thinking of changing gynae ... :( 1st appointment cost mi $226 (consultation $120, scan $80, urine test stick $8, folic acid: forget how much + GST)

Somemore I got bleeding and went in twice emergency walk in ( in the end both times r due to polyps) so total 3 appointments cost mi more than $800 le .. :(
Wow, so ex wor...

JuliaKT

Wow, Jessyling. That's so ex..

jessyling

thats y i m thinking of changing gynae...

checking with u all .. how much was your 1st visit? then how much per visit after that?

Celson

Just wanna say hello to all the mummies here. :)
Tested positive 1+ week ago and going to see gynae tomorrow for a checkup. From calculations, EDD should be in July. This is my first time and have been trying to conceive for two years, excited and worried at the same time. Hope to make new friends here, share useful information and giving emotional support at the same time. :)

JuliaKT

For me, It's $65 consultation fees + $60 for scanning and another $8 for Folic acid and Progestrone.. And yah, i was suprise the consultation fees and scanning fees are quite cheap compared to other gynae. but my gynae is also quite good and patience so I'm at ease to ask all my concerns. :001_302:

JuliaKT

Just wanna say hello to all the mummies here. :)
Tested positive 1+ week ago and going to see gynae tomorrow for a checkup. From calculations, EDD should be in July. This is my first time and have been trying to conceive for two years, excited and worried at the same time. Hope to make new friends here, share useful information and giving emotional support at the same time. :)
Congrats, Celson. Happy for you that you are expecting after two years of trying. Enjoy and take care..

Yingver07

For me, It's $65 consultation fees + $60 for scanning and another $8 for Folic acid and Progestrone.. And yah, i was suprise the consultation fees and scanning fees are quite cheap compared to other gynae. but my gynae is also quite good and patience so I'm at ease to ask all my concerns. :001_302:
Hi JuliaKT, i thought normally there's package all the way till you deliver? Like for me every consultation, vitamins etc all included for all the appointment until i deliver.

JuliaKT

Hi JuliaKT, i thought normally there's package all the way till you deliver? Like for me every consultation, vitamins etc all included for all the appointment until i deliver.
I see.. I haven't selected which hospital to deliver and I just went to this gynae whose clinic is nearby my area.. And he didnt mention anything about package either.. May be I'll ask more on next appointment.. :)