EDD June 2012 Mummies

Same problem. My girl is very attached to my mother who is the caretaker during confinement. She cries when I carry and when my mother carries, stop. Very frustrating. And especially at night when I want to let my mother rest, she just cried and cried, until my mother picked her up. I think my mother talked and cooed to her when feeding thus create a bonding. Jialat... I think to bond with your baby, must keep on talking to her so she recognised our voice.
Baby recognize the smell and the voice, the heartbeat... Must tell those caretaker better don carry bb too long, slp Liao can put back to cot. If not future, Bb want ppl to carry or pat to slp. Bb recognize the pattern.

Baby recognize the smell and the voice, the heartbeat... Must tell those caretaker better don carry bb too long, slp Liao can put back to cot. If not future, Bb want ppl to carry or pat to slp. Bb recognize the pattern.
Today CL left, hopefully my gal won't give me problem in the night!!!

engravedx

My girl is 11 days today. I've been having hands-on taking care of her all the way EXCEPT for her baths in the morning, cos still can't squat down. Once in awhile when I'm really way too exhausted, i let my maid/mum/hubby to take care while I KO on bed. The night before, I was so tired till I got so exhausted and depress that i just sat infront of my laptop, looking at pictures of her and just crying my eyes out. The feeling is like... so so tired just wanna end everything. But think of her, I tell myself I can never ever leave my dear daughter. Heng... Cos I got history of depression in the past. But maybe becos got history, now still can spot the symptoms and control abit.

Anyway, rest more while u all can. Today I went to ICA and also got a haircut plus go to bank. From noon time I was out till about 445pm headed home. I almost collapse.. Felt so dizzy and breathless. My back hurts ALOT which cause me to be unable to walk properly. I guess I bend down to change my girl's diapers plus to carry her for her milkmilk too much already. And the lack of sleep... Every 3 hours I will wake up, but not all the time I will get out of bed. It is still bad cos I can't get proper rest at all. Worried about her too much. And also dont want to trouble others to care for her, esp at night. At least she is a good girl, her feeding time very fixed at 3 hours. At times she can sleep till 4 hours and I will have to wake her up for milkmilk. Sometimes will cry for change of diapers, or when she is feeling restless (i think. Cos dunno why she crying at times when put her into the cot).

For myself personally, I will just carry my girl and keep talking to her especially when she is crying. Keep telling her that this is mummy's voice, just listen and calm down~ haha. Sometimes she will stop crying for awhile and stare at me with her curious eyes. I will sing to her at times also. From birth, I will always tell her to listen to my voice and calm down. I know many pple say not to carry bb too much, cos bb might become reliant and want to be carried alot in future. Well, I feel that creating the bond between us is more important. So i will just carry her to let her know mummy is with her. My hubby shares the same thoughts as me. So we are fine with it.. ^^

MrsWang

I think carrying is still alright cause baby is in our tummy for so long.. She needs the warmth and love from us, don't deprive them of it because scared they will become reliant.

Engravedx do take care.. Rest when u have time...

And I think crying is quite common.. I cried.. I think some other mummies also. For me it lasted 2 weeks..

engravedx

For mummies who are scared they might not be able to tckare of bb cos didnt "learn" much as it was others taking care, dont worry! Our maternal instincts are very strong. My hubby and I are only 21 and I feel that we are doing a good job taking care of my girl with minimal help. Only thing is, both of us damn fail in burping her. Hahaha. But, really, you will just know how to do it if u are willing and dare to try. No one taught us how to change her clothes, diapers, feed her milk, carry her, etc. My mum only showed us how to bathe her ONCE and my hubby knws how to do it already. When she is crying too hard, I can even carry her while making milk (abit messy cos powder might spill. Haha). Dont worry too much!! Will be okay de. Only thing is - super tiring. Lol..

Dreamalyn

Haiz.... went to the doctor yesterday cos both my wrists are really sore. Doctor said it's due to over handling of baby n it's a common problem. She advised to reduce handling of baby so that my wrists can recover....Ya...right, then who take care of baby?? We are alone here in nz, no parents to help out:( ...when Hubby goes to work, I am all alone liao....

Now depending on painkillers but I dun want to eat too much as I m bf....haiz....dunno how...

Will go pharmacy on Thursday to buy wrist supports...hopefully they will help...

engravedx

Dreamalyn- must take care of it leh!! My ex-colleague had the same issue. Had to see the doctor so frequently for it. And it will hurt alot when cold wind blows against her hand. When ur hubby is around, let him carry instead so can 'reduce handling of baby'!!

elsielawsg

Sorry, any mummy here feed baby with frisolac gold 1? I brought a ctn but my baby can only take soy milk now. Willing to let go at $23 per tin. It's 900g for 0 to 12 months. Expiry date sept 2013. Pls msg me for fast deal 92771255 self collection at west coast

Dreamalyn

Engravedx... I m thinking of asking Hubby to take leave so my wrists can have a chance of recovering... anyway hubby got too much leave n his mgr has been after him to clear his leave... Dunno 5days enough for my wrists to recover not??....

Every time carry baby have to be very very careful....so scare of dropping her.....

engravedx

Dreamalyn- what i can suggest to you is to put bb on your lap (like sitting but w your arms supporting her neck) when u are feeding her.. This will put less pressure onto your hand and wrist.. Unless u are breastfeeding, then im not sure. Cos i bottle-feed my girl.

I am also starting to feel numbness on my left hand. Hope it's not going to be strained. ><"

I'm not sure if 5 days is enough for your wrist to recover but it's better for you to rest your wrist asap before the condition worsens. Anyway, good opportunity for you to get more rest as well. :)

Joeychen85

Well im trying to stop my nap n take care of him.. I find tat kip wake up 1/2 way is too tiring.. So trying to hold my nap whole nite n c how.. C if I nvr slp n manage will it b better..

Some time I felt so unfair.. When we r pregnant nid to suffer so many tin Liao.. Even depression ... After give birth also must scare of depression too.. Den d guys yet can so relax n play their game.. Enjoy their life.. But us have to take care of bb every sec , min.. Show no care some more.. Yet he can say he every time jus play his game jus 2 to 3 hrs ONLY.. when nt playing game , den fall slp while siting on sofa.. Say nicely is company me.. Yet fall slp.. Is like sit beside me is so boring to him.. say wat I didnt tok to him.. Like tis hw to tok.. Gt time to tok , but his playing game.. Or slpin.. How to tok.. Find tat our conversation can use both hand to count Liao.. haiz... My face black is normal , cos totally no mood Liao.. How to give a smiley face.. I dun force myself to smile when I'm nt happy.. It's so tiring..

MrsWang

Dreamalyn.. Ya.. How not to take care of baby when u're the only one at home?? Since ur hubby has leave to clear, ask him to help u.. Not sure if 5 days enough but can try.. Be careful when u carry the baby.. U can put baby on ur arm so that u don't strain ur wrist...

Joey.. Ya it's unfair.. But life is like that.. Mothers have the natural instinct, don't bear let our children cry or suffer so we take extra good care of them.. Fathers they just leave the job to mothers because they know we'll do a good job. I always find time for baby to bond with daddy when he comes out. Make a point for him to feed him as sayang him.. Is ur hubby helping to take Care since MIL has left?

Dreamalyn

Told Hubby to apply for leave this morning le.... will have to call him n remind him later....he very forgetful one...

Mrs wang.. sometimes I use the back of my palms to carry baby as well as my arms.. hopefully can recover soon....daily life very much affected..e.g. wear bra is like a torture to me now as very pain to twist my hands.... a lot of inconvenience now...haiz.

Joeychen85

He only help once in awhile , mostly he will slp like a dead meat .. Cry out d throat Also no reaction from him.. D most open eye n ask wat happen , nxt min slp bk.. -_-" haiz.. Or else put his time on game.. When ever he carry n d bb still cry.. His mum will cme over n tk over.. Hw to have bonding.. ? Me too.. When i carry till 1/2 also cme n tk over.. Den when I able to carry Liao.. His slpin.. Dun wish to disturb him from slpin.. Nw only can wait for d confinement end , n mil no nid to cme n cook for me.. Tin tats d time I can have bondin wif my boy.. Still 9 day to go.. Jia you..

But although begin a mother sure will tk extra care on bb , but jus nt happy wif how they can jus leave all tis job to us.. We r human nt robot.. Robot also nid to off engine n rest awhile if nt spare part spoil also nid $$ to repair ma.. Like us too.. If sick also nid $$ to go c doc.. Same theory.. If every tin leave to us n yet we can manage.. Den I believe even with out them we still can survive by our own.. They leave all to us , den we can leave them 4ever..

Jenni

He only help once in awhile , mostly he will slp like a dead meat .. Cry out d throat Also no reaction from him.. D most open eye n ask wat happen , nxt min slp bk.. -_-" haiz.. Or else put his time on game.. When ever he carry n d bb still cry.. His mum will cme over n tk over.. Hw to have bonding.. ? Me too.. When i carry till 1/2 also cme n tk over.. Den when I able to carry Liao.. His slpin.. Dun wish to disturb him from slpin.. Nw only can wait for d confinement end , n mil no nid to cme n cook for me.. Tin tats d time I can have bondin wif my boy.. Still 9 day to go.. Jia you..

But although begin a mother sure will tk extra care on bb , but jus nt happy wif how they can jus leave all tis job to us.. We r human nt robot.. Robot also nid to off engine n rest awhile if nt spare part spoil also nid $$ to repair ma.. Like us too.. If sick also nid $$ to go c doc.. Same theory.. If every tin leave to us n yet we can manage.. Den I believe even with out them we still can survive by our own.. They leave all to us , den we can leave them 4ever..
You can always find chance to let ur hubby do the work, last time I also, then after that some time I will tell my hubby I going out with fren to club, I need to relax, ask him look after baby, he no chose have to let me go... He will do the job for looking after baby...