EDD March 2011

Jinny

Hi all march mummies, hope to join in this discussion as well. My boy just turn 3 months old last week and has his vaccinations yesterday. However, he is having mild fever and looks cranky... I'm also going back to work soon so gonna miss my boy too! I'm also sad that I can't accompany him in his developments. Also, I keep thinking that I'm not doing enough to entertain him.. I always think that he looks bored and doesn't have much things to do...

I also plan to give my boy cereal only when he turns 6 months... But my mother in law seems to want to feed him solids early.....

LOL during my maternity leave everyday with baby, she will laugh and smile so brightly at me then eversince i go back work I also have a hard time entertaining my baby, smile till my mouth cracking she bearly give me a smile... But she see my maid, she's full of giggles and laugh =(
I realise they like ppl to do cycling for their legs, and stretches.. Now my girl can see pictures and some colors when I flash some baby books to her, she's so excited.
And babies get bored very easily, must try many different toys to keep them excited.

jespang

Sigh!! My girl also laugh heartily when my mum play with her but when I talk or sing to her, she will just look at me n simle occasional. Guess I m dun really talk loudly enough. Experts said babies like high pitch voice. Does ur baby hv alot of mucus in her/his nose? Well actually is not really mucus is more to 鼻屎。 I hv to clear every 2 to 3 days but is very difficult as baby feel uncomfortable n alway cry so badly but hv to do it cos sometime can hear her breathing as if her nose is blocked. So worry tat I may hurt her cos she keep on struggling.

paper

Ya, I need to constantly think of what to do with my boy when he is awake... Sing, talk and read books to him but he doesn't seem interested in books yet... I don't have many toys so quite worried he is bored and no simulation for him:( tried play gym but he only stares at it and after a while will become fussy..

Jinny

Dont worry, different babies developed differently:) and at differnt pace

To me Play gyms are like useless too, my girl just lie on it and look elsewhere..lol...

My girl also has alot of mucus everyday and I must clear it everyday if not it may turn viral and become sinus. So far she's very cooperative, have to make sure they are lying on the bed and not cranky 1st then keep talking to her while digging... hehehe

She's also got heat rash on her neck, very red... haven't bring her see doctor, any idea got what medicine from pharmacy can apply for heat rash?

2011mummy

hi all mummies..
my son is turning 4 mths in a few days time..
i was also thinking when to start giving solid to baby.
any brand to recommend?? is there any special type of feeding spoon or can use normal bb feeding spoon??

btw my son is abt 7.9kg (taken abt 1 week ago) plus he's on enfalac 125ML, feed on every 3hrs.

Hi now we have one more person to chat with. Sorry I meant brown rice powder not cereal. Is to be mixed with FM. My mum suggested to feed her about 4mths plus.

I want to go out n work badly but no one to take care of my girl. I love my girl more than anyone else in this world but I m that kind of person can't stay at home. I really need to contact to the outside world. dont want to be a 黄脸婆!
me too.. cannot stay at home type, bt too bad nobody take care of bb :(

jespang

Dont worry, different babies developed differently:) and at differnt pace

To me Play gyms are like useless too, my girl just lie on it and look elsewhere..lol...

My girl also has alot of mucus everyday and I must clear it everyday if not it may turn viral and become sinus. So far she's very cooperative, have to make sure they are lying on the bed and not cranky 1st then keep talking to her while digging... hehehe

She's also got heat rash on her neck, very red... haven't bring her see doctor, any idea got what medicine from pharmacy can apply for heat rash?
Hi may I ask wat kind of equipment did u use to clean ur girl's nose? I think there one kind of powder can be bought in Chinese medical hall to apply on ur girl's neck or there is another cream meant for nappy rash but my confinement nanny applied on my girl's body n head, is called Bepanthen. She said the cream can be used on babies other skin problems. It did work on my girl. U may want to try.

Jinny

Hi, I use cotton bud to dig baby's nose.. As her nostril quite big, the whole cotton bud can go in.. Lol...
Ok I'll try asking the Chinese medical hall for the powder or cream. Thks!

jespang

Hi, I use cotton bud to dig baby's nose.. As her nostril quite big, the whole cotton bud can go in.. Lol...
Ok I'll try asking the Chinese medical hall for the powder or cream. Thks!
I tried tat method as well. It doesn't work on my girl. In fact i think I hv push her 鼻屎 further into her nostril. The cream can be bought at Watson or Guardian. Usually they won't display alot on the shelf, u hv to look carefully or maybe ask the sale person.

jespang

Hi 2011mummy ur baby only drink 125ml n he grow so fast! But is it tat boys are usually heavier than girls huh? Mine only 5kg during 12th wks n Doc said she is petite. Btw the brown rice powder tat I mentioned is to be mixed with FM n feed by milk bottle. Dun think my girl is ready for any solid food until few mths later.

2011mummy

Hi 2011mummy ur baby only drink 125ml n he grow so fast! But is it tat boys are usually heavier than girls huh? Mine only 5kg during 12th wks n Doc said she is petite. Btw the brown rice powder tat I mentioned is to be mixed with FM n feed by milk bottle. Dun think my girl is ready for any solid food until few mths later.
haha. i not too sure but most ppl says my son looks big.. oh brown rice powder not cereal ah?? when to start feeding cereal?? what e brand of e brown rice powder??

jespang

My mum said can be bought fr Chinese medical hall. They actually grind the brown rice into powder n sell in packet i think but I not sure if u need to cook it first cos some mummies said they just mix the powder with hot water in the bottle then add in the FM. U may want to check with the person when u buy the powder.

Jinny

I tried tat method as well. It doesn't work on my girl. In fact i think I hv push her 鼻屎 further into her nostril. The cream can be bought at Watson or Guardian. Usually they won't display alot on the shelf, u hv to look carefully or maybe ask the sale person.
How I clean, if the nostril is wet with mucus, use a dry cottonbud. If nostril is dry, use a slightly wet cottonbud. Then roll the bud against the nostril wall and drag out, when come out partially, just use a tissue n clean it out. Otherwise, there's a kind of nose cleaner tool available at most baby shops.

If you wanna go jogging, you can bring baby along on a jogger stroller kind lol..
But I heard that excersing will reduce breastmilk cos alot of fuilds are sweat out, so I dont dare try, I just do simple yoga poses.
definitely NOT TRUE at all :p And it's not the sweating that makes BF sometimes hard for some athletes to breastfeed but it's because of the lactic acid that our body produces after working out. Tho I go to the gym 2-3x/week and I NEVER had any problems breastfeeding.

Regarding solids, you guys might want to delay introducing solids to your baby until he reaches 6 months. This is the recommended age to introduce solids to baby since you need to make sure their digestive system is much more developed.

And another thing, I'd say avoid giving those Gerbers, Cerelac, Heinz etc., most babies who were introduced to eat bottled food end up being picky eaters. Having said this, I'm currently checking out some online recipes for baby food & bought the Avent blender/steamer for my boy:tlaugh:

2011mummy

My mum said can be bought fr Chinese medical hall. They actually grind the brown rice into powder n sell in packet i think but I not sure if u need to cook it first cos some mummies said they just mix the powder with hot water in the bottle then add in the FM. U may want to check with the person when u buy the powder.
oh ok... tks

jespang

hi mummies...

just to check if anyone has resume sex after birth??
or too busy for it?

pain or not?
Hahaha....wat a gd question!! For me, hubby not in town so haven't try yet. But I note tat due to BF, the vagina will be dry so maybe will be abit uncomfortable??? I not sure as well. But if u dun plan for 2nd baby so soon remember to take precaution, I know a few friends after the act, they get pregnant again. N they did it maybe the 2nd or 3rd times only.

2011mummy

Hahaha....what a good question!! For me, hubby not in town so have not't try yet. But I note that due to BF, the vagina will be dry so maybe will be abit uncomfortable??? I not sure as well. But if you dont plan for 2nd baby so soon remember to take precaution, I know a few friends after the act, they get pregnant again. N they did it maybe the 2nd or 3rd times only.
haha.. i heard it very painful..
btw have u got any hair drop problem?
my hair start to drop last 2 weeks, till now still dropping.

jespang

Yes! I notice my hair has been dropping alot since two wks ago as well esp when I wash or comb my hair... Hope it will end soon. Has ur baby able to turn over? For my girl, these 2 days I use my hand to slightly push her to turn over. She managed to lift up her head for a short while n she alway seem excited n happy whenever she is on her stomach.