EDD March 2011

millyming

Hi mummies, how r u coping so far?? My girl is 10 wks old now. Recently trying to let her fully latch on during daytime (previously I used to express out n feed her by bottle), I realised she like to fall asleep after few min of sucking or she will only suck for abt 5 min or so n she will playing with my nipple, she enjoying bitting, lucky she hasn't any teeth yet... N cos of this she will tend to cry for milk almost every one hr. Also, she has not been sleeping long during daytime. Everytime she will wake up every one hr or so as well. Mummies, can share ur experience? How much is ur baby drinking now? I m abit concern that my girl is not enough milk since she only latch on for such short time for every feeding.
hi there,
i think all the mummy are busy with the lil one.
now my boy is fully breastmilk baby. he will suck for 15min, and i dont know how many oz he drink, cos i direct latch on.
day time he will sleep for 2-3 hr, night time willsleep for 5-6 hr.
normaly i will let him cry 1st before i feed him, make him feel really really hungry.
if not he will be the same as your girl...suck awhile then sleep.

tinkerstars

Hi all, i've the following baby items for sale - my girl has outgrown them and some are brand new which i am clearing for more cupboard space

Condition of the preloved clothings are good - otherwise i wouldn't put them on sale. Only worn 1-2 times for most of the items.

Preloved
https://picasaweb.google.com/tinkerstars/ForSalePrelovedItems?authkey=Gv1sRgCM7_t6vSsLLqUA

Brand New
https://picasaweb.google.com/tinkerstars/ForSaleBrandNew?authkey=Gv1sRgCKSw8omNt4KitQE

Feel free to PM me for more details :)

Hi mummies, how r u coping so far?? My girl is 10 wks old now. Recently trying to let her fully latch on during daytime (previously I used to express out n feed her by bottle), I realised she like to fall asleep after few min of sucking or she will only suck for abt 5 min or so n she will playing with my nipple, she enjoying bitting, lucky she hasn't any teeth yet... N cos of this she will tend to cry for milk almost every one hr. Also, she has not been sleeping long during daytime. Everytime she will wake up every one hr or so as well. Mummies, can share ur experience? How much is ur baby drinking now? I m abit concern that my girl is not enough milk since she only latch on for such short time for every feeding.
I think your baby's starting to adjust with her sleeping pattern already that's why she's not sleeping long during daytime anymore. Not all babies are the same, and it's hard to measure how much baby drinks when we nurse them. As long as she poops & gaining weight, there's nothing to be paranoid about. And another reason why she cries for milk every hour most likely is because of growth spurt. See kellymom.com :: Growth spurts for more info.

And what made you say your baby's not getting enough?

Jinny

Hello mummies

My baby is 3mths and 20 days old, I believe most of us are back to work, anyone still total breastfeeding? How's all your routine like? and how much does your babies drink now?

jespang

Hi jinny, mine girl is 14wks now n I m breastfeeding partially. I m searching for gd babysitter b4 I start to look for a job (I was doing part time during my pregnancy). My girl drink FM at night abt 150ml or so. As for BF sometime she will just suck one side then fall asleep n when I tried to wake her up by burping her, she refuse to continue sucking OR she will suck for abt 5 to 10mins n starting looking around. Pretty worry tat she has not enough milk. My girl startle very easily n light sleeper so tried to let her sleep sarong since yesterday. How abt ur baby?? N March 2011 mummies can share ur experiences n ur babies' progress??

Jinny

Hi Jespang

My girl about the same as urs, as in gets startle easily but she's quite a deep sleeper and sleeps for 12 hrs at night! Im on total BF, so her intake from a bottle is abt 100-120ml 3hrly, but she's gaining weight adequately and everybody says she's a michelin baby!
So far I went back work on Monday, and I was so so extremely moody and depress to be separated from her and even cried!
Emotions were like roller coaster...
Guess all babies do startle quite often, just put a bigger beanie on her and pat her harder to sleep so to boost her "Dan". :)

millyming

Hi jinny, mine girl is 14wks now n I m breastfeeding partially. I m searching for gd babysitter b4 I start to look for a job (I was doing part time during my pregnancy). My girl drink FM at night abt 150ml or so. As for BF sometime she will just suck one side then fall asleep n when I tried to wake her up by burping her, she refuse to continue sucking OR she will suck for abt 5 to 10mins n starting looking around. Pretty worry tat she has not enough milk. My girl startle very easily n light sleeper so tried to let her sleep sarong since yesterday. How abt ur baby?? N March 2011 mummies can share ur experiences n ur babies' progress??
hi there, my baby is 3mth and 2 days old now!! time flies ya!
now im fully breastfeed my baby. therefore, im not very sure how many oz does he drink.
he suck for 15 minutes each feed.
for sleeping problem, at the beginning, he want ppl to carry him to sleep, then i train him for 1 week, then he able to sleep with sucking my nipple,
after that i train him again to sleep by his own. now, he able to sleep by his own, i just need to sing lullabies and piak piak his butt for awhile.

he able to sleep over 6hr at night time. thank god....

jespang

I hv switch to let my girl sleep on sarong in daytime instead n thank goodness she able to sleep better n longer compare on the bed but hv to put on pamper instead of cloth diaper cos she will wake up whenever her diaper is wet. My next problem is tat she doesn't nurse long on my breast, these two days only 5mins each feeding n so when I feed her with FM she able to finish it all. It make me wonder if my supply is low hence she refuse to nurse further...sigh..depressed.. Really feel like giving up breastfeeding liao. In her 12th wks she was 5kg n 59cm height, mummies wat is ur babies' weight n height?? Also is ur baby able to turn over or r u able to carry ur baby straight up?? I mean one hand on his/her buttock n other hand holding his/her neck.

millyming

I hv switch to let my girl sleep on sarong in daytime instead n thank goodness she able to sleep better n longer compare on the bed but hv to put on pamper instead of cloth diaper cos she will wake up whenever her diaper is wet. My next problem is tat she doesn't nurse long on my breast, these two days only 5mins each feeding n so when I feed her with FM she able to finish it all. It make me wonder if my supply is low hence she refuse to nurse further...sigh..depressed.. Really feel like giving up breastfeeding liao. In her 12th wks she was 5kg n 59cm height, mummies wat is ur babies' weight n height?? Also is ur baby able to turn over or r u able to carry ur baby straight up?? I mean one hand on his/her buttock n other hand holding his/her neck.
so far, when 2mth and 26days, my boy weighted at 6.7kg and 66cm. my boy is learning to turn over. and he is able to turn over now with little bit help, and able to hold his head up. when we carry him, eventhough he can straight up, we still keep our hand behind, incase he suddenly cannot control his neck..

Jinny

At 13 weeks, my girl is 5.9kg and 59cm. Now at 16 wks plus, she's flipping herself but cannot flip back =) Now I can carry my girl straight up with hand behind also as her head still wobbly.
As for breast feeding, after 3mths our milk is not regulated by hormones anymore, its by the baby's demand. So if you think supply not enough, you still can rebuild the supply by latching her or pumping as much as possible to stimulate milkflow. If you realise at night near early morning, our milk is the fullest, you can get your baby to latch on so as to encourage her back to your breast. But of course don't stress yourself if baby is restless, no harm giving formula if you are comfortable.

jespang

My girl nowsday after feeding her during midnight she will like to play n talk loudly to herself...hehe. Takes abt half hr to an hr or so b4 she willing to sleep again. Btw hv u ever heard tat once u stop BF ur hair will start to drop or it actually happen once u hv given birth? U hv any dark line across ur belly during pregnancy? I do n after 3 over mths my dark line still there also after given birth I realized there some dark spots/marks
found on my body, do u gals hv any?

Jinny

My girl nowsday after feeding her during midnight she will like to play n talk loudly to herself...hehe. Takes abt half hr to an hr or so b4 she willing to sleep again. Btw hv u ever heard tat once u stop BF ur hair will start to drop or it actually happen once u hv given birth? U hv any dark line across ur belly during pregnancy? I do n after 3 over mths my dark line still there also after given birth I realized there some dark spots/marks
found on my body, do u gals hv any?
Same Here!
My girl also keep talking coo coo, ai ai, so adorable lor! My hair haven drop drastically (*touchwood) I did hear of hair will shed alot after birth but not sure if stop BF will anot, I see my frens stop BF never drop hair lei...
As for the dark line across belly, guess every pregnancy will have, I also have but its fading. I got stretchmarks all over tummy and hips lor.. I just leave it for the time being, as BF must maintain chemical free too.

jespang

I m abit concern abt hair dropping cos mine is long n I intend to keep longer for a perm later. Hope it won't happen on me. I dun hv stretch marks but hv dark spots here n there on my body n is not fading at all. R u back to ur original weight? I still hv 6kgs to go. Plan to go jogging but then no one take care of my girl. Oh I want to ask if ur appetite has increase after birth. Mine has increased alot n I suspect bcos I BF tat y I hv gd appetite n alway feel thirsty. Sigh!!! How to cut down my weight like tat!!!

Jinny

Its true that you feel more hungry and thirsty after bf, so its good, it helps you to lose abit of the calories, I also like that.
Indeed my appetite is bigger than when i'm pregnant, also donno why, just cannot stop eating too... Me still got abt 8-9kg to lose, I not so rush to lose it all yet.
If u wanna go jogging, u can bring baby along on a jogger stroller kind lol..
But I heard that excersing will reduce breastmilk cos alot of fuilds are sweat out, so I don dare try, I just do simple yoga poses.

jespang

Even if I dun go jogging, I will still perspire alot at home. The weather is so hot nowsday. Are u planning to let ur baby to drink brown rice cereal already? Wonder what happen to other March mummies, it seem now left only you n me. :err:

Jinny

hey ya.. think other mommies are too busy with their little one... mmm I plan to give baby brown rice cereal when she turn 6mths old, for now can only let her taste some apple juice/ puree. If she's ready for more then try out the brown rice cereal. When are you planning to feed ur girl that?

ling198

My baby girl is officially 3 months old today.
Sorry, I've been reading this thread but didn't really have the time to reply cuz always read from my iphone while laying in bed with DD.
At abt 10 weeks, my gal is already 5.5kg. Will be having her 2nd Hep B jab this Fri so will measure her weight & height then.
Yes, my hair has been dropping drastically too. I rem reading that it's very normal after delivery. (Is it normal to lose hair after giving birth? | BabyCenter)

Jespang, I'm also on partially breastfeeding. Anyway her formula intake started since 2ks of her birth when she lost alot of weight because my milk supply was insufficient. Actually there was a time i was ashamed of myself that I can't do total breastfeeding. I was depressed & easily upset. I didn't even want to go out with my baby because I dont want to be judged for not able to breastfeed my child. However I have learnt that my child is happy when she's full rather than I starve her because mommy doesn't want to feel embarrassed. Being a mother is much more than giving breastfeeding. If it makes u happier that she is happy & contented, then u shouldn't feel bad that u can't do total bfing. Breastmilk is the best gift, but so is your love & time. =)

My girl's head has been very strong since her 1st mth. Now she wants us to carry her straight up so that she can look around at things. Such KPO child...haha

I also intend to give my gal some brown cereal when she's abt 4 mths old.

Jinny

finally got other mummies in :)

Ling198 totally agree with you that Breastmilk is the best gift, but so is your love & time.

I'm so deprived of being with my girl ever since I go back work, cannot see the 1st instance of her new developments...

Are you all stay at home mums?

Seems like many mums are giving their babies first food at 4mths, can i know which brown rice are u all giving?

Just to share, recently I called up Sister Kang from mt alvernia and checked with her on giving babies 1st food, she said latest WHO advise to give babies is when they are 6mth old as this will delay the chances of food allergies in babies who are not yet ready.

jespang

Hi now we hv one more person to chat with. Sorry I meant brown rice powder not cereal. Is to be mixed with FM. My mum suggested to feed her abt 4mths plus.

I want to go out n work badly but no one to take care of my girl. I love my girl more than anyone else in this world but I m tat kind of person can't stay at home. I really need to contact to the outside world. Dun want to be a 黄脸婆!

paper

Hi all march mummies, hope to join in this discussion as well. My boy just turn 3 months old last week and has his vaccinations yesterday. However, he is having mild fever and looks cranky... I'm also going back to work soon so gonna miss my boy too! I'm also sad that I can't accompany him in his developments. Also, I keep thinking that I'm not doing enough to entertain him.. I always think that he looks bored and doesn't have much things to do...

I also plan to give my boy cereal only when he turns 6 months... But my mil seems to want to feed him solids early.....