EDD March 2011

I'm in my 38th week and experienced bloody 'show' last night but my gynae has mentioned that show is not indicative of labour so guess I have to wait for contractions to arrive. I have no idea how to 'push'. Is it similar to a bowel movement?
I had my bloody show 3 days before my labour. Next day I had my mucous plug. The moment I saw the mucous thing and my discharge getting more on the red side I knew I'll be in labour soon.True enough, around 2am thursday I was experiencing some "bad cramps" which I know is also a sign (I can't seem to tolerate the pain that much anymore) then by 7am, I woke up to a sudden jilt of pains, knowing it might be the contraction pains already and I might also be in my pre-labour stage I timed them. Good thing I was able to do some express last minute shopping after seeing my mucous plug at Takashimaya's baby fair wednesday night haha! Originally me & my husband was supposed to have a breakfast date together then go back to Taka baby fair to claim the cot we bought then go to the hospital, but after I woke up in pain thursday morning I know I can't walk much anymore. Reached Kandang Kerbau Hospital by 11am and was being monitored while waiting for my gynae, when gynae did IE by 12, shocked to know that I was 5cm already. But since I'm already leaking amniotic fluid gynae induced me, if I wasn't induce I'll try not to have epidural but when I heard that I'll be induced, I know I already need to ask for it.

By 2:45 I was 6cm, then jumped to 10 by 3:55. Gave birth at exactly 4:23pm to my boy :)

evie

Hi march mtbs

I was induced on 24 feb ard 2am due to low amnoitic fluids. After a long wait, my baby Isaac was born on 25 Feb @ 2310.
I delivered naturally with the help of vacuum... asked for epidural when I was ard 5 to 6 cm dilated as the gas lost its effect.
I am glad I persisted tothe very last minute and turned down the option to C-section when my dilation "stalled" at 7 cm for 5-6 hrs.
The problem was the dose of epidural given was a bit too numbing and according to the nurses they said it affected the contractions and caused me to dilate very slowly somehow.
The miracle happened when I requested to have the epidural dose reduced by half to let me feel the pain and perhaps would help in the dilation to speed up...
THE PAIN was terrible!
1hr of AGONY! but after that 30 mins later I was fully dilated ad ready to push...
For those mummies who are opting to induce, be mentally prepared for the long wait and pain...
Other than that, once your little precious is out, all is worthwhile, I guess :D

charmine

I have experienced very bad cramps and pain on Monday Morning and went into the hospital immediately. When the nurse chcked on me , i'm already 3cm dilated ! I delivered my baby after 8 hrs of contraction! Not much pain on the tummy just that i had a feeling that my back was going to break into half !!! I did it w/o epidural :D. I delivered my baby at week 39 and 3.4 kg.

Last edited:

Alice Ooi

Hi all mummies,can see some of you are waiting to deliver,some have delivered.I have delivered on 6th march,bb is now one week old.let's share bf exPerience.
I'm quite lucky tht I have enuff supply,other than baby doesn't latch properly,I also don't know how much is enuff for him. Since my supply is over demand now,should I throw away my excess milk and always feed him with fresh milk? Or should I store it cuz I know every drop is precious.

Gumi

Hi
Since you've got enough supply, why don't you store them in your freezer? If he can't latch on properly why don't you feed him via the milk bottle instead of throwing them away, it's so wasteful.
For newborn, you should feed him with Formula milk powder instead of the fresh milk that was mentioned in your thread.

ling198

Thank you!. Now 3 days have passed, she still doesn't want to come out yet. Sigh!!!
MTB Jespang, i think your princess will come out when she feels it's time. ;)
Now in my 38th week, my gynae said may be late too, but he also mentioned can be anytime. He said it's up to baby. I've a feeling my baby princess will also come out when she feels it's time - not too late, not too early.=)

mummyhu

congrats to all mummies who have delivered and those that havent, hang in there, won't be long now.
just to share, at 39wks i had symptoms of toxemia so dr said check in to hospital the next day so he can induce me, plus i had been having regular contractions for a wk but no dilation, not engaged. i said ok, in that case i need epidural.
i was in labour for 8hrs (was sleeping for the most part) and delivered my boy without pain (pushing was fast also, about 15mins). i couldnt even feel myself push. after epidural wore off tho, that's when the pain from the stitches started. was so bad i cried myself to sleep and the next morning, dr gave me a jab of pethadine.
to sum it up, my induction experience was not as bad as i tot it would be, in fact it was so fast.

millyming

congrats to all mummies who have delivered and those that havent, hang in there, won't be long now.
just to share, at 39wks i had symptoms of toxemia so dr said check in to hospital the next day so he can induce me, plus i had been having regular contractions for a wk but no dilation, not engaged. i said ok, in that case i need epidural.
i was in labour for 8hrs (was sleeping for the most part) and delivered my boy without pain (pushing was fast also, about 15mins). i couldnt even feel myself push. after epidural wore off tho, that's when the pain from the stitches started. was so bad i cried myself to sleep and the next morning, dr gave me a jab of pethadine.
to sum it up, my induction experience was not as bad as i tot it would be, in fact it was so fast.
wow wow...congratulation on the new arrival.
take a good rest and have a wonderful confinement ya!

mummyhu

Has your milk come in yet? i'm slowly increasing day by day but its still not enough for bb so i supplement with similac. every 3hrs, total of 40-50mls each pump session and its so disappointing because it's been over a week since i delivered. i just started taking fenugreek pills today and oatmeal cereal with milk and have been drinking whatever herbal soup / longan drink my nanny makes for me. i pump to monitor my flow and also coz my nipples hurt too much to b/f. i so want to latch him on but i dun think i will till my flow comes in. anyone has anything to contribute?

millyming

Has your milk come in yet? i'm slowly increasing day by day but its still not enough for bb so i supplement with similac. every 3hrs, total of 40-50mls each pump session and its so disappointing because it's been over a week since i delivered. i just started taking fenugreek pills today and oatmeal cereal with milk and have been drinking whatever herbal soup / longan drink my nanny makes for me. i pump to monitor my flow and also coz my nipples hurt too much to b/f. i so want to latch him on but i dun think i will till my flow comes in. anyone has anything to contribute?
i heard that drink red date water can increase the amount of bf.
and all those tonic soup such as black bean soup,it is a good soup to increase bf.
if you had try all sort of drink and soup...
another question is, do you drink alot of water?!

mummyhu

i heard that drink red date water can increase the amount of bf.
and all those tonic soup such as black bean soup,it is a good soup to increase bf.
if you had try all sort of drink and soup...
another question is, do you drink alot of water?!
i did try to drink water at first then both my mum and nanny say no need, just keep drinking the longan/red date water instead. and also i drink milk which i heard helps. i only have so much capacity for liquids! sigh...

millyming

i did try to drink water at first then both my mum and nanny say no need, just keep drinking the longan/red date water instead. and also i drink milk which i heard helps. i only have so much capacity for liquids! sigh...
as what i know, to produce more bf, we have to consume at least 2 litre of water per day..
now you having confinement so the water will be your red date longan water. if possible, add in black date also..it also boost the bf amount.

mummyhu

as what i know, to produce more bf, we have to consume at least 2 litre of water per day..
now you having confinement so the water will be your red date longan water. if possible, add in black date also..it also boost the bf amount.
Ok. I'll try to remember that. 2litres and blackdates....watever helps man. so sad now.

millyming

Ok. I'll try to remember that. 2litres and blackdates....watever helps man. so sad now.
and most important things is more more latch on...let it stimulate your hormone...so that it can produce more milk...
if nipple sore, you can try to apply the lucas papaw oilment...or you can try to use nipple shield.

good luck to you!