EDD March 2011

Jinny

Hi ladies,

I'm newly registered here. My edd is on 12 march,first time mummy too! Ya I'm going for the babyfair next 2 weeks,but have not list down what to buy yet, might get some baby stuff as gifts, any advice?

Hi Alice

Just to share, coincidently my EDD is also 12 March'11! And I'm also a Taurus MTB :001_302:

For me, I think its time to get these from the babyfair if they have:
- Breast pumps
- Electrical Sterilizer
- Electrical Bottle warmer
- Stroller
- Baby cot/ playpen

and some other smaller items, if got promotion then buy:
- BPA free infant bottles
- Bathing tub
- Receiving blankets
- Newborn clothes and mittens
- Towels/ hankies for newborn

As these are just some essentials for the 1st mth newborn at least.

For more detail list, this webbie has every item u need to know:

Practical shopping list for mother and baby

Alice Ooi

Hi Jinny,

Thanks for sharing and nice to meet you. Will start listing down the items I should get before I go for the fair. I'll be delivering at Glenneagles,do we have happen to be at the same place again? 

Jinny

Hi Jinny,

Thanks for sharing and nice to meet you. Will start listing down the items I should get before I go for the fair. I'll be delivering at Glenneagles,do we have happen to be at the same place again? 

lol, nice to meet u too.. I've not booked the hospital to deliver at, but my choice will be at Mt Alvernia..

Doreen2906

OooOo... I also haven't buy anything at all yet, hubby keep saying still early to buy stuffs, but my hands so itchy!! :tlaugh:

Anyway, will be dragging hubby to the Oct Expo Fair, hopefully with the "atmosphere" there, he will let me buy something! Hehe... :Dancing_jimlad:

Any mummies will be delivering at Raffles Hospital?

simiko

OooOo... I also have not't buy anything at all yet, hubby keep saying still early to buy stuffs, but my hands so itchy!! :tlaugh:

Anyway, will be dragging hubby to the Oct Expo Fair, hopefully with the "atmosphere" there, he will let me buy something! Hehe... :Dancing_jimlad:

Any mummies will be delivering at Raffles Hospital?
actually i dunno boi or gal yet vvv difficult to buy leh...

Haha.. raffles hospital is just opposite my working place.. but i din choose there.. my gynea is Mt E one.. but i dunno if she can go Mt A or not...

btw... need to wear any special bra during pregnancy?

Also I will check something... yest something happen I got over excited.. my heart pump vv fast.. will it affect the bb or not huh?

++eLaiNe++

same...my hubby oso say to early to buy..he say wait till dec den start to shop..
but told him by den i'm too tired to move ard much coz tummy get bigger..:nah:

Doreen2906

simiko>> oOOo.. my previous gynae oso at Mount E de, but his clinic quite small, always bursting at the seams with patients. Everytime I go there, average waiting time ard at least 1/2 an hr or 1 hr++, till I got claustrophobia,even though I got make advance appt! Wait til by the time I go in to see him, I feel quite ill.. :err:
I did not wear any special bras, but I read that its advised not to wear under-wired bras during preggy and during breastfeeding, as it may affect the development of milk glands resulting in clogged ducts during breastfeeding.
I also experienced rapid heartbeats sometimes when I got angry, or got startled suddenly, and become breathless. But when I go for my usual gynae visit, everythings ok. My hubby will scold me when tat happens, say no matter what, must try to relax and clam down. Hee hee...
Anyway, no matter what doubts/qns you have , ask your gynae, no matter how trivial it may seem, they are the best ppl to advise us. During my 1st tri, I even ask my gynae whether it was safe to have sex with my hubby. Hahahaha.... :001_302:

Alice Ooi

Ya by then tummy will be too big,I think it's fine to buy bit by bit,less stress towards the end. Ya I asked everything and anything to my gynae,including the 'having sex' part too.
Btw,my weight has been increasing about 1 kg per month,is that normal?I'm so troubled by it.My gynae said it's a misconception to eat double portion when you are pregnant,so eat normally shouldn't increase so much.Sigh..

Alice Ooi

Hi Simiko,

I do try one maternity bra,I feel quite comfortable as my breasts do increase by one cup. But the shape doesn't look nice without the wire,hee..

evie

Hi Mummies to be,

So far I have been buying smaller items... like some baby's clothes, sophie the giraffe, cute booties, decal for nursery, nappy rash cream etc.

My hubby bought the pigeon breast pump for me recently... said I so gan chiong...

No choice my eyes keep lookingt ard and hands itching to shop...:Dancing_tongue:

simiko

Hi Mummies to be,

So far I have been buying smaller items... like some baby's clothes, sophie the giraffe, cute booties, decal for nursery, nappy rash cream etc.

My hubby bought the pigeon breast pump for me recently... said I so gan chiong...

No choice my eyes keep lookingt around and hands itching to shop...:Dancing_tongue:
Me also super itchy to buy.. but i wan to know boy or gal b4 i buy.. coz can but cuter stuff... haha.. been window shopping a lot at bb shops and surfing local blogshops.. roughly made a list of if boy wat to buy and gal wat to buy liao.. if know boy or gal liao sure buy like hell one.. haha

simiko>> oOOo.. my previous gynae also at Mount E , but his clinic quite small, always bursting at the seams with patients. Everytime I go there, average waiting time around at least 1/2 an hr or 1 hr++, till I got claustrophobia,even though I got make advance appt! Wait til by the time I go in to see him, I feel quite ill.. :err:
I did not wear any special bras, but I read that its advised not to wear under-wired bras during preggy and during breastfeeding, as it may affect the development of milk glands resulting in clogged ducts during breastfeeding.
I also experienced rapid heartbeats sometimes when I got angry, or got startled suddenly, and become breathless. But when I go for my usual gynae visit, everythings ok. My hubby will scold me when that happens, say no matter what, must try to relax and clam down. Hee hee...
Anyway, no matter what doubts/qns you have , ask your gynae, no matter how trivial it may seem, they are the best ppl to advise us. During my 1st tri, I even ask my gynae whether it was safe to have sex with my hubby. Hahahaha.... :001_302:
my gynae clinic is just opp my house.. and is usually vv packed also.. btw.. do you call ur gynae or u go down to ask?

Ya by then tummy will be too big,I think it's fine to buy bit by bit,less stress towards the end. Ya I asked everything and anything to my gynae,including the 'having sex' part too.
Btw,my weight has been increasing about 1 kg per month,is that normal?I'm so troubled by it.My gynae said it's a misconception to eat double portion when you are pregnant,so eat normally shouldn't increase so much.Sigh..
i think gaining weight is normal.. but gain how much is ok i not sure.. but at least u are eating well.. i seems to eat a lot lesser than b4.. i dunno y.. n i slim down somemore... :wecry:

Jinny

Hihi

Ya I reckon my tummy will also be too big to shop around by the end of this year, so I had better get some of the baby stuffs 1st..
Though I've not know my bb gender yet, I just buy those items no need see gender and get neutral organic clothings both boy and girl can wear.
Now at 18wks my legs are already feeling so weak and easily tired.... :err:

Btw ladies, Is it really must wear non-wired bras? cos Im still in my wired bras... scare breasts will sag in non-wired bras, any good recommended brand to buy from?

evie

Hi Simiko,

Can give me some tips to slim down too? I feel like I am ballooning. After my morning sickness left, I have been putting on wt...:shyxxx:

Hi Jinny,

I know what u mean by weak legs... some how I feel my legs are different from b4, but due to the nature of my job, I tend to walk and stand quite a fair bit. In fact, I am continuing to walk my dogs like I used to ( but now cut down to 20 mins max) I used to be able to jog with them for at least an hr ... but now I feel too tired n clumsy to do that.
Do try to take short walks. My friends told me it helps quite a great deal with delivery... :001_302:

By the way I am still wearing my underwired bras... u mean must change now? I thot after delivery then change to non-wired bras?

Alice Ooi

Hi mummies,

So far I've got one maternity bra from mothervogue,tried for fun actually,but it really doesn't give nice shape.End up I bought normal triumph bra with one size bigger,it should be fine and we should still look pretty as a pregnant lady. 

Jinny

Hi Evie

Why you wanna slim down already? you should slim down after give birth, cos now is watever you eat goes to the baby.. so very important to eat more! Don worry abt ur physic, most of the weight also goes to enlarged breasts, placenta, bigger uterus and the baby's weight. As long as you maintain a 10 - 15kg gain throughout the pregnancy, its still very healthy and easy to gain back ur pre preg state :tlaugh:.

Mommy simiko, you are so lucky can still lose some weight despite being pregnant ;) I think is normal cos I do have friends who lose weight during their 1st trimester and still eating well, and they all had Boys!

and mommy Alice,

As for the maternal bra, I read on top somewhere that wired bras will block milk ducts? so maybe change to non wired bras lo.. I also think no need to wear maternal bra yet, I also changed to bigger wired bras from wacoal, got good coverage and support.

simiko

Hi Simiko,

Can give me some tips to slim down too? I feel like I am ballooning. After my morning sickness left, I have been putting on wt...:shyxxx:

Hi Jinny,

I know what you mean by weak legs... some how I feel my legs are different from before, but due to the nature of my job, I tend to walk and stand quite a fair bit. In fact, I am continuing to walk my dogs like I used to ( but now cut down to 20 mins max) I used to be able to jog with them for at least an hr ... but now I feel too tired n clumsy to do that.
Do try to take short walks. My friends told me it helps quite a great deal with delivery... :001_302:

By the way I am still wearing my underwired bras... you mean must change now? I thot after delivery then change to non-wired bras?
I dun think now is a good time to slim down leh.. is not i dun wan to eat.. is just i cannot finish... T.T

I heard fr my sis in law.. she say 1st tri dun walk too much coz u dun have much energy.. best is during the last few week b4 due walk A LOT.. haha.. ya... stomach so big vv dif to walk.. but have to.. for her 3rd son.. her bb in the stomach actually press onto one of her nerve.. then her leg vvvvv pain.. she still force herself to walk.. helps a lot when giving birth... and hor i dunno how true this is.. usually ppl say cannot eat banana.. but she say she eat a lot of those short bananas.. long ones cannot eat.. she say eat liao all 3 sons got vv smooth n fair skin lor.. n yes.. all her sons got smooth n rather fair skin... n prevent constipation also.. but i cannot eat a lot leh.. get sick of it after a few... i always forget buy / cannot find... today after work must go buy... :Dancing_tongue:

n she also say b4 birth 1-2 weeks eat coconut.. but i dunno which type... bb won't be yellow when come out.. i think i will try also..

Hi mummies,

So far I've got one maternity bra from mothervogue,tried for fun actually,but it really doesn't give nice shape.End up I bought normal triumph bra with one size bigger,it should be fine and we should still look pretty as a pregnant lady. 
how much is the bra? i think i rather buy n wear now coz my bra dun really fit liao... at least when i nursing still can use.... save money.... if i buy normal bra now i scare after tt cannot wear coz bra will be too big liao..

Hi Evie

Why you wanna slim down already? you should slim down after give birth, cos now is watever you eat goes to the baby.. so very important to eat more! dont worry about your physic, most of the weight also goes to enlarged breasts, placenta, bigger uterus and the baby's weight. As long as you maintain a 10 - 15kg gain throughout the pregnancy, its still very healthy and easy to gain back your pre preg state :tlaugh:.

Mommy simiko, you are so lucky can still lose some weight despite being pregnant ;) I think is normal cos I do have friends who lose weight during their 1st trimester and still eating well, and they all had Boys!

and mommy Alice,

As for the maternal bra, I read on top somewhere that wired bras will block milk ducts? so maybe change to non wired bras .. I also think no need to wear maternal bra yet, I also changed to bigger wired bras from wacoal, got good coverage and support.
i dun think lucky leh.. stress one leh.. coz i also dunno y i just cannot eat.. eat a bit full liao.. my 1st tri i din vomit a lot.. but can't eat much... now still like tt... but good thing is i still love to drink ABC soup which i think is vv nutritious so i try to drink a lot of tt lor.. and be selective of wat i eat lor.. force myself to eat all the vege 1st b4 i get full coz i dun like to eat vege one.. then the rice i eat last lor... at least this way i still eat all the good stuff.. :tlaugh:

Alice Ooi

The bra costs about $35 to $45 if I'm not wrong,it's a bra meant for breast feeding which has a button in front.I find it quite useful.

Have you all read the newspaper article today saying that pregnant lady with BMI 19 to 23 should gain 15kg during pregnancy,too much or too little is no good. The average weight increase has gone up from the normal 12kg. I felt quite comforting after reading that article haha.Anyway as long as the baby is healthy,I don't mind anything.

Jinny

Hi Alice

Yup, read abt it too... Soon will you be doing your detail scan? I'll be doing mine on the 30th Oct. So Excited that I can see my BB in details :Dancing_tongue: