EDD March 2011

So how do you keep baby off pacifier? Do you latch him on everytime he cries?
Babies cry not only because they're hungry. It can mean they're bored, wants to play, looking for mommy, or just wants some attention. Right now I'd say I can decode 80% of my baby's cry. Like for example if we're at home and I leave him on the bed or cot without any toys, for sure he will cry after realizing I'm not around. Or sometimes in the stroller, he cries if he's starting to get bored or wants me to put him in his carrier while we walk around :) I never bought any single pacifier/binky by the way as it'll be just a temptation if ever, and even before I gave birth I was already firm for not letting baby use a binky/pacifier, aside from not having any formula milk around the house even if it's just a sample since I want to fully breastfeed my baby. So far, so good. I'm already starting to reap benefits from BF :D baby never got sick even after vaccination or even if I started to take him out from time to time as early as 3wks old :)

Jinny

Hi paper, thanks!

Great job sunshinesheens! U must have saved so much from milk powder, pediatric exp and pacifier :) how long do u plan to bf?

^Minimum of 1 year. But it really depends on my son. I will breastfeed him as long as I can and as long as he hasn't self weaned yet :) I'm really glad that my son's pediatrician is pro breastfeeding and aside from being so supportive, she also shares the same views as me like delaying solid food until 6months to preserve the baby's digestive flora before introducing solid food :)

The only dilemma that I have so far is how to survive our upcoming 3 week vacation overseas. As much as me and my husband wants to maximize our vacation days, I think we both have to accept that we need to make our schedule flexible and specially with my inlaws around, we have to avoid staying out too late specially with baby on tow even if my baby doesn't sleep that early hehe :p

jespang

Gals, I think my menus just came! So far just some stains. Is this ok? Worry it will interupt my breast milk flow. Anyone can advise?

Jinny

Gals, I think my menus just came! So far just some stains. Is this ok? Worry it will interupt my breast milk flow. Anyone can advise?
Hi jespang, I've not had my menses till now, so can't comment. But may I ask how long did ur menses last?

jespang

Hi jespang, I've not had my menses till now, so can't comment. But may I ask how long did ur menses last?
Hi Jinny, it last for 3 to 4 days. Had the usual menses cramp but not so painful also the flow is not so much. Do u change ur girl's diaper every middle of the night? I used to do tat n it always end up she fully awake n will keep turning over on her stomach n worst of all it last for more than an hr b4 she fallen asleep again. So these two days I didn't change her diaper n feed her by lying on bed n now at least she didn't really wake up n continue to sleep until her next feeding. But I m abit concern tat she will get nappy rash.

Jinny

Hi Jinny, it last for 3 to 4 days. Had the usual menses cramp but not so painful also the flow is not so much. Do you change your girl's diaper every middle of the night? I used to do that n it always end up she fully awake n will keep turning over on her stomach n worst of all it last for more than an hr before she fallen asleep again. So these two days I didn't change her diaper n feed her by lying on bed n now at least she didn't really wake up n continue to sleep until her next feeding. But I m abit concern that she will get nappy rash.
My girl is a easily back to sleep baby..
I change her diaper once in the middle of the night. For baby girls, easy to have uterinary tract infection so I'm very concern that she might catch it if never change, so every night gotta change once.
U try to change before feeding her, as babies will be awaked by diaper change.
Can also buy those diaper that will change in color on the outside to indicate the diaper got urine, think is Pamper brand.
So you once u see change color, can change her diapers.

nutela

hi alll

i have start purchases from iherb for baby food . if any mummies would like to purchase from iherb, do use this coupon code for promo, NUR388.

++eLaiNe++

been very long since I last chatted here..
my boy is 6mths old already..
from march baby he become feb baby..keke..
my avatar is he's 5mths old..

++eLaiNe++

I started my boy when he's 4mths old..
currently he's on porridge,cereals,soft food and pureed..
he get weekends treat his fav kcf whipped potato..hee

jespang

I started to feed my girl brown rice powder mixed with FM 3 days ago. So far so good she finished up the whole bottle. Btw, my girl can finished abt 200ml of FM, guess she is growing up. N now when she saw us eating, she will move her mouth n whenever we put a spoon on her lip she will open her mouth...hehe. Think going to start feeding porridge soon. Can I ask the mummies how heavy is ur baby now? My girl took her 3rd dose of jab two wks ago n she weight 6kg n height is 63cm. I think she underweight but the doc said she is at average range. Really make me feel like giving up BF n fully feed her FM instead.

paper

How old is your baby, jespang? I have not started on solid cos I heard it's better to start at 6 months? Mmm, but my boy seems interested in our food.. Think will ask doc if can start on solids for him not... So should start on rice cereal?

My boy weights about 6.7 kg....5 months now....

Jinny

Hi mummies

I gave my girl eat cereal on her 5.5mths 2 weeks ago, its ok to start around 5-6 mths when you feel they are ready for it.
She started on brown rice cereal mixed with ebm, and she loves it :)
Now my girl turning 6mths on in a week's time, she's weighing 7.2kg at 62cm! She's still on breastmilk, but im trying to wean her off soon as I have to work full time and cannot cope with expressing during working time. But my girl doesnt like FM! She keeps spitting out when trying to feed her, and after that she pushes and scream... gosh I am so tired now.

Jinny

I started my boy when he's 4mths old..
currently he's on porridge,cereals,soft food and pureed..
he get weekends treat his fav kcf whipped potato..hee
Wow you feed him with KFC whipped potato?! I suggest you should not give these food to them as its high in salt, preservatives, transfat etc... as they have not reached 1yr old, they no need to eat food with salt added cos their kidneys are still not fully mature.
Its easy to prepare your own mash potato... which is a healthier choice :)

jespang

Hi Jinny that what I heard fr other mummies when u BF exclusively, baby will reject FM. It takes awhile for baby to get use to FM. Any idea what is the difference bet brown rice powder n cereal? Which brand did u buy?

Hi Paper my girl is abt 5 1/2 mths now.

Btw, I brought my girl to Babyspa recently. After the first time, She starts to enjoy kicking in the water. She seem to like it alot. But find it pretty expensive though.

jespang

Wow you feed him with KFC whipped potato?! I suggest you should not give these food to them as its high in salt, preservatives, transfat etc... as they have not reached 1yr old, they no need to eat food with salt added cos their kidneys are still not fully mature.
Its easy to prepare your own mash potato... which is a healthier choice :)
Ya, I agreed with Jinny. After all, the foods fr those fast food restaurants are full of preservatives. Few days ago, my dad suggested to let my girl to taste some ice cream n guess what...my whole family just ignore him totally as if we didn't hear it at all...LOL

Jinny

Hi Jinny that what I heard fr other mummies when you BF exclusively, baby will reject FM. It takes awhile for baby to get use to FM. Any idea what is the difference bet brown rice powder n cereal? Which brand did you buy?

Hi Paper my girl is about 5 1/2 mths now.

Btw, I brought my girl to Babyspa recently. After the first time, She starts to enjoy kicking in the water. She seem to like it alot. But find it pretty expensive though.
Hi jespang,
Rice cereal no need to boil or cook, just add water. Brown rice powder need to boil/cook 1st.
I bought 'healthy time' organic brown rice cereal for baby.
Ya think it really takes a long time for fully bf babies to accept fm and also water.