EDD March 2013

Jkel

Dear cagnes and NeyMO for both your replies. I also comtemplate eating durians but can't as I just recovered from flu and sorethroat.

cagnes mummy, yah, i think that lack of sleep might be a factor as well. Probably due to stress from work, I can't seem to sleep well at night. I think it might affect baby's growth.

NeyMO mummy, thanks for attaching the link for the Average fetus weight chart, it has definitely provide me with an estimation of how heavy
my baby should be at each week.

cagnes

I think maybe some mummies at this stage have the problem of insomia,like me :( cant get to sleep at all, flipping around in the bed with eyes still wide..

Yep, try to relax more and don't stress yourself too much

NeyMO

I always sleep like dead pig.. Haha.. Perhaps too tired and exhausted during daytime and always looking forward to night day to zzzzz...

Hope every mummy could catch the last few weeks to sleep well till day time. As we wouldn't be so luxury when our lit precious is born. Will have feed the bb number of times at midnight.

NeyMO

Jkel mummy, check wt ur Gynae if it is ok to eat durian to gain more weight for ur bb. Just worry perhaps ur body belongs to heaty type and durian will cause sore throat and etc.

Take care! And update us during ur next Gynae visit ya!! : )

Happymummy1994

I have the same problem too. Insomia. Even though i'm already dead tired, but i just can't get myself to sleep. Maybe it's the backache i'm having or it's because i'm tense up, being a first time mummy usually gets tense up more than any others. :embarrassed:

Apr gal

Not stable as in?..your placenta is low or your amniotic fluid is low or your cervix is dilating or your cervix is low or what.. haha. Sorry ah, am just curious.
I do experience the menstrual kind of cramping that comes along with tightening of the tummy or they call it Braxton hicks. Its similar to contractions but its less than 1 min and its irregular frequency.
Haha... It's ok... I oso dunno wats d exact reason. At first I tot I took too cooling stuff or overstretched myself and caused placenta abruption. But gynae dun think so, said I walked too much n caused d spotting. Mayb tats d early symptom of pre-labour!!! Gynae juz ask me to monitor bb movement. Amniotic fluid is ok. So I really dunno ways d exact cause except to do as wat gynae told.

So d menses-like cramping is BH? I feel like now I'm beginning to hv those 1st tri symptom again - spotting, n feeling vomit n craving for sugary stuff!

I hv also standby my hospital bag since W33.

Any mummies no if Thomson has any breastpump for us to use during d first few days? Else I will nd to get ready all d equiments n get it sterilize!

Happymummy1994

Haha... It's ok... I also dont know wats d exact reason. At first I thought I took too cooling stuff or overstretched myself and caused placenta abruption. But gynae dont think so, said I walked too much n caused d spotting. Mayb tats d early symptom of pre-labour!!! Gynae just ask me to monitor baby movement. Amniotic fluid is ok. So I really dont know ways d exact cause except to do as what gynae told.

So d menses-like cramping is BH? I feel like now I'm beginning to have those 1st tri symptom again - spotting, n feeling vomit n craving for sugary stuff!

I have also standby my hospital bag since W33.

Any mummies no if Thomson has any breastpump for us to use during d first few days? Else I will need to get ready all d equiments n get it sterilize!
I don't think they have any breastpump ehh.. I think you should bring the breastpump along incase they don't have any!

Happymummy1994

Dear mummies,
I went to for my monthly gynae scan yesterday and was told that my baby did not grow much for the past month. I am 30wks 5days pregnant and my baby only weighs 1.251kg. Is this weight consider normal? In fact my baby oonly gain 200g for the past 1
month. I am worried that my baby is not growing well. Do you all know any ways to increase fetus weight?
The only way to increase baby's weight is that you eat more food. Because i'm sure you know baby takes what we eat. So only when you eat more, baby's weight will increase. :)

Teens09

Dear mummies,
I went to for my monthly gynae scan yesterday and was told that my baby did not grow much for the past month. I am 30wks 5days pregnant and my baby only weighs 1.251kg. Is this weight consider normal? In fact my baby oonly gain 200g for the past 1
month. I am worried that my baby is not growing well. Do you all know any ways to increase fetus weight?
Mine too.. At 30 weeks my baby weigh only 1.3 kg.. I try to eat a hard boiled egg everyday and eat some durians.. Now at 33weeks is 1.8kg.. Hopefully it will continue to grow...

mhjt

Huh... Really? How could they do this to preggie ladies :embarrassed: Sooooooooo disappointed!!

Do you ask them to give those priority (or even normal seat) to you? Sometimes those people do not have awareness in certain sense..
Yeah, sometimes I do if I'm really in pain. Hurt my back last CNY. Till now didn't really recover. Oh well, just got to not let them affect my mood.

Ryca

I have the same problem too. Insomia. Even though i'm already dead tired, but i just can't get myself to sleep. Maybe it's the backache i'm having or it's because i'm tense up, being a first time mummy usually gets tense up more than any others. :embarrassed:
same prob here...sleep at 3am everynite...and recently getting really emotional, feeling down and lonely...:(

jkel mayb u can try to boil coconut with black chicken jus once or twice before delivery...its very good for the baby...

I had durians too!

Teens09

Hello! When is your Edd? Mine is 13 March! Eating durians will increase baby's weight?
my edd is actually 10 march but doc is suggesting to induce him out aft i pass my 37th week which is 17th feb due to slow growth rate.. =(
but alot mummies told me tt durians really increase the baby weight but muz control due to the high sugar level.. So i dun dare to take much..

Apr gal

same prob here...sleep at 3am everynite...and recently getting really emotional, feeling down and lonely...:(

jkel mayb u can try to boil coconut with black chicken jus once or twice before delivery...its very good for the baby...

I had durians too!
Hi Ryca, pls share d recipe to boil d coconut wif black chicken n wats d benefit??

Jkel

Hi Happymummy1994, I do eat a lot. Thus far, I have gained 13kg. Guess most of the weight has gone to me instead of my baby.

Jkel

Thanks Ryca, I take black chicken soup once every month since my second trimester, but I have not try to boil it with coconut. It is something new to me. My husband forbids me from taking coconut now. Will probably try it once I have reached 37 weeks. :)

Jkel

Hi Teen09 mummy, thanks for sharing. Glad to see that ur baby continues to grow well. :) Hopefully my baby knows that mummy is working hard, so that he will strive to grow at a faster rate too. Let's jia you together. :)

Happymummy1994

jkel mayb you can try to boil coconut with black chicken just once or twice before delivery...its very good for the baby...

I had durians too!
I more jialat! Sleep at 6am like that. Yeah, and i feel that way too. Kinda angry with myself sometimes
Are durians good for the baby? :eek:15:

Teens09

Hi Teen09 mummy, thanks for sharing. Glad to see that ur baby continues to grow well. :) Hopefully my baby knows that mummy is working hard, so that he will strive to grow at a faster rate too. Let's jia you together. :)
Ya, as long as the baby is growing, it shld b fine.. Doc likely to induce my baby cos there is this one artery is not functioning well. We went to the doppler ultrascan..