EDD March 2013

luckymum

Congratulations Baby Jade! I feel the same when I saw bb flickering heartbeat and was assured as doc said my waterbag was very round so its a good pregnancy.

MsSaggi, my breast are not sore at all. So maybe the body auto-tuned? One thing to note is by month 7 and month 8 no more wire bras. By that time you could be wearing nursing bra. As wire bra can cause the milk ducts to be blocked, soon the breast will just be another organ! hehehe.. I'm looking forward to be a cow again!

I think some things to invest on would be:
1) A good pram (i didnt get such a good one, thinking back I would prefer one that can swivel between baby back facing and forward facing, can one hand operate to open and close, in case need to take taxi alone)
2) A good baby carrier (I love my manduca, get one with waist support,like ergo, beco, etc, amongst those I choose manduca cos i went to touch and feel the material I feel is more solid. We can do a spree direct from EU and get a cheaper price when the time is nearer)
3) Bottle warmer (i used avent, no good, i would recommend pigeon, KK also use pigeon mainly it can be set at 40degC, so wont overheat the milk)
4) Sterilizer
5) Breast Pump (one that can control and change suction speed and power and can be battery operated also)
6) Snaps or zip sleepsuit
7) Good cooler bag (i got fridge to go, rec by another mummy, my bm can keep frozen for 6 hours! get those the ice pack and remove and freeze without the actual bag)
8) Nursing cloth (very useful in hospital when need to bf and people visiting - i showed my colleagus my breast when they came to see me cos all woman already, else the guest all wait outside.)
9) Wash cloths- i buy the lovable friends ones
10) Baby Towels
11) Baby Oil
12) Swaddle cloth with velcro (keeps them swaddled and secure, then no need to worry dunno how to swaddle also, its dummy proof)
13) Pacifier (maybe wont use but good to standby, they are life savers!)
14) Milk bottle (i choose NUK as the teat is most similar to nipple and my girl didnt have any problems of nipple confusion during my bf-ing, i rec silicon teat. I made mistake to start her on latex teat only recently then wean to silicon teat.)
15) Postnatal massage package- this one important! I didnt do good one, my boss was more slim then before preg so I'm gonna call the one she used!
16) Booties and mittens- just 3-4 sets for wash and change is more than enough as they only use for first 1-2 months
17) Prenatal photographer- it's like a memory of preg, after delivering i miss being preg so much! hehehe..
18) Lots of cotton! - to wash baby backside! After the need to use then i realised how expensive they are!
19) Baby Cot- I had a hand down from friend, that can adjust to 4 heights and ultimately convert to sleeping bed, the side rail can also be lowered. So it doubles as a changing table. When baby got bigger i just change her on my bed.

All these things best to buy and stock during baby fairs! I'm the type that only buy things during sales! hehehe...
I think the next baby sale in Nov I will go stock up on diapers and baby wipes already!

luckymum

Neymo... Yah take care I remember during my No 1, I think I coughed for like one month.
It might take a long time to recover but I am like you, I prefer to let my own immune system do the work.

Actually I didn't do a good draining of bf leh, sometimes will still leak some milk. But now cannot massage the breast too much already cos will cos some uterus contraction. So too bad, see what happens when I deliver lah. The size still the same, can't wait for it to get bigger if it does! wahahaha.. i read an article before that indian's get the most milk supply. They study linked it to them eating yoghurt. So during my number one I drink one vitagen everyday. In the end my milk supply not bad also. You all can try... hehehe...

NeyMO

Thanks luckymum for your wonderful advices... Soooo much thing to learn for FTM. Sounds pretty challenging : )

Im scientist therefore I extremely understand the mechanism of action of different drugs on our systemic body and I become more cautious during pregnancy. So I drank warm honey + red dates water a whole day then next day I was fully recovered from coughing and sorethroat : )

Really? Drinking vitagen will boost up the milk production? Cos I drink it everday : )

luckymum

Wow! You're a scientist? What is your area of specialty? I was a food technologist! so similar family! hehehe...

I hope I didnt scare you with the long list! Just some mistakes I had made so you no need to go through it. Hope it does help! I will go scout for sales and keep you guys updated eh!

Yah I can't remember which study it was, coincidently I also like vitagen and a drank it everyday, I could pump like 310ml each pump, which is like for 3 feeds. So before my maternity end I had good supply in storage and tbf for one year. So maybe its does work! But during my bf-ing days I replenish lots of fluids (i heard one drop of milk requires three drop of blood for production) hence pump 300ml drink back one litre water and a balanced diet as well. I also had helped at home so not much stress. It could all add up.

I think the cleverest thing I did was to get my maid in before I delivery so my CL helped me trained the maid! hehehe..

Hi Lucky mum

Thanks for the tips on what to stock up. I am still confused on alot of things. May I know if we can use medisave at the womans clinics?

l0r3tTa

Hi all,

any 2nd time mummy here? Are you gg for the down syndrome test this round?

I did it for my first, was low risk and was thinking not to do it this round to save some $$? What do u think?

I am 9 weeks now.

NeyMO

Halo luckymum, I'm doing cancer research : ) wow.. You are food technologist then I should listen to you in many food aspect in pregnancy : ) yup, science is amazing because it relates everything in our life and in fact pregnancy is a science as well : )

I do really wish to do breast feeding and work harder in proper way for milk boost up : ) vitagen sounds good to me : )

NeyMO

Hmmm.. It is really hard to judge whether it is necessary to do OSCAR test because this is not compulsory but to reassure parents to have a healthy bb.. As for myself, I am definitely wanna to do this test due to my age.

Just a sharing, my elder sis is expecting hers as third bb. Unfortunately she was diagnosed with moderate risk of Down Syndrome (1:193). So she had decided to go for invasive testing-amnionecentisis to confirm the result. Thank God! Her bb is extremely healthy without the abnormality of trisomy 21. Her first and second pregnancy were at low risk but this time round was different. So I'd say it is really up to you to decide caused we will definitely lov our bb regardless of anything : )

Also, wanna check with anyone of you the Oscar scanning fee that you guys engage?

I took the package from THomson Medical Centre -OScar + 20th weeks full scan =SGD 460++. Is the package normal?

babyjade

Hi Ms Saggi.
in fact my bust been growing non stop and i feel sore all the time...
cant tell if it's normal too? >.< i always have big boobs and stretch marks but cant possibly be growing that fast?
bit scared about this

Ohh & dear all, I'm wondering if it's normal that my breast feels less sore lately compared to the past few weeks ?

babyjade

Thanks Neymo!
ive been drinking honey water. rinsing my throat with salt water.
doc gave me 3 days hospital leave to rest. but i'm terribly bored at home... lol. but when i'm working i 'm too sleepy and tired. aiyo~ friends are all so busy working and going on with their own lives. i just do housework at home until bit tired. start watching korean and hk drama and sleep in the afternoon. nowadays i have trouble falling asleep at night and starts to have boody ache. i like to sleep on my tummy. but not sure if this will affect the baby?

Hi babyjade, ya, it is very exciting when our bb showed heartbeat on screen. I did have terrible coughing and sorethroat last week and I insisted to use natural remedies to cure. Rest more and drink more water.

Me too, next month will be having OSCAR scan for down syndrome. Do hope everything is fine for us! : ) Yup, can't wait to see my bb during next visit : )

Please share if there is any good lobang for bb stuff.

babyjade

wow thanks luckymum for your advice! hehe. i have no idea how to start but probably need to keep a look out and follow to your list. thanks dear!

MsSaggi

babyjade, your doctor gave hospitalization leave? Cause I actually used up my MC as i was suffering from migraine.. I'm wondering if my gynae can issue HL?

babyjade

Yes Ms Saggi.
My dr suggested and gave me HL for my vomitting and nausea issue.
perhaps u can discuss with your doctor? I am working in a hospital actually. :)

babyjade, your doctor gave hospitalization leave? Cause I actually used up my MC as i was suffering from migraine.. I'm wondering if my gynae can issue HL?

babyjade

hi dear mummies any baby fairs lately? or seminars?
perhaps us mummies can meet and go together?
LOL* need friends. my friends are too busy with their work life and at the same time i'm not telling most people of my pregnancy before the 3 months cos my in laws scared 'pan tang'

luckymum

Wah babyjade! Maybe the hormones really raging inside you! My bra getting tighter too sadly not cup side but band size so I'll go dig for my extenders. Last preg I grew like one cup size only. After bf-ing did not drop alot, just back to normal. But somehow is softer, sags a little..

Great ready for a sexier body mummies! Hehehe.. Very funny for my no one I thot i didnt get any stretch marks cos I don't have full length mirror at home, and the tummy was so big. Finally one day I went to my in law place toilet I got horrified! Then I went to scold my hubby got stretch mark how come dont tell me.
he said he didn't noticed that!!!!

I'm not going for OSCAR. I didn't go for my first one as well as I just believe my baby will be healthy. With good nutrition and positiveness and save the money for something else. Hehehe.
During my no 1, I was discussing with hubby, cos we are low risk and just feel no matter what is the outcome I will still love my baby and carry on the preg. Although we can better prepare, I think the sadness and grief I cannot handle.
So praise the Lord everything is ok!

babyjade

Hihi im working in sgh :)
You?

MsSaggi:677379 said:
Yes Ms Saggi.
My dr suggested and gave me HL for my vomitting and nausea issue.
perhaps u can discuss with your doctor? I am working in a hospital actually. :)

Ohh really ? Me too ! Which hospital ? ;)

babyjade

Hi luckymum.. Im scared of getting bigger breasts. Im oonly 25 yrs old. Cup size around D originally now getting bigger makes me feel uncomfortable. And i feel that my breast is sagging. I used to b v fat when i was younger then i lost weight so i have so much stretch mark on me so definitely i know pregnancy will add on to my already stretched skin :eek:

Hmm Oscar scan... I think i will still do it. Me n hubs discussed actually if my .bb touch wood Is down syndrome i also won't bear to go for abortion...

Wait so long for my precious. Sometimes i get emotional just by thinking of bb

luckymum:677430 said:
Wah babyjade! Maybe the hormones really raging inside you! My bra getting tighter too sadly not cup side but band size so I'll go dig for my extenders. Last preg I grew like one cup size only. After bf-ing did not drop alot, just back to normal. But somehow is softer, sags a little..

Great ready for a sexier body mummies! Hehehe.. Very funny for my no one I thot i didnt get any stretch marks cos I don't have full length mirror at home, and the tummy was so big. Finally one day I went to my in law place toilet I got horrified! Then I went to scold my hubby got stretch mark how come dont tell me.
he said he didn't noticed that!!!!

I'm not going for OSCAR. I didn't go for my first one as well as I just believe my baby will be healthy. With good nutrition and positiveness and save the money for something else. Hehehe.
During my no 1, I was discussing with hubby, cos we are low risk and just feel no matter what is the outcome I will still love my baby and carry on the preg. Although we can better prepare, I think the sadness and grief I cannot handle.
So praise the Lord everything is ok!

luckymum

BabyJade, start moisturing now. I learnt cannot wait till stretch marks come out. Then exercise and vit C will increase collagen so skin more elastic. Good news is my stretch mark, last time red and obvious now all light and silvery, i also have stretch marks from growth and puberty times.

So not that obvious one! No worries! Just make sure the weight gain is steady can le! I stay tiong bahru really near SGH. If you wanna meet for tea let me know! I can show you all my barange barang..