EDD March 2013

can we feel the heartbeat of the baby in early stage of 2nd trimester? i donno whether is it the water flowing here n there or is it reli the heartbeat of the baby? but i heard tat usually cannot feel the heartbeat of the baby so earli...

i still have not feel any baby movement yet, heard ppl said they felt it in 20wks but i m still wks away from my 20wks..

neuros

Thanks ladies. :)

chocolate07 - I felt the movement when I'm 20w 2d. The day before that I was telling my sils how come I still dun feel baby moving and they said said they only felt their babies nearing 3rd trimester not so early. Then I felt baby nudge me the following morning - he wants to prove them wrong? Hahaaa... Anyway, what I'm saying is dun worry if cannot feel yet. Everyone different, some feel early some late. Just wait for it patiently. :)

purplelicious - we're thinking of getting maid too after baby come out as a bit worried i can't cope on my own. but also a bit worried given all the horror stories we've heard plus not sure how comfortable we'd be to have a stranger staying with us... still pretty undecided...

Apr gal

Hi Apr gal, thanks for your advice. I have bought a pillow to elevate my legs and massaged my legs everynight before go to sleep. Feel more better and thanks again.

Im so envy that mummies can feel the baby movement, Im not too sure what feeling with my tummy ... :shyxxx:
Hi PooiYan, u r most welcome n glad tat it helps. :)

Teens09

Just an update for GENDER SCORE BOARD:

Currently 4 boys Vs 2 gals :001_302:

Boys seem like more than girls ya... Anymore princess?

NeyMO - Prince Thomson Medical Center Mar 1
Neuros - Prince
Purpleliciousmummy- Prince Thomson Medical Center Mar 22
Vodka-
Prince Mount A Mar 29
Teens09 - Prince Thomson Medical Center Mar 10

Apr Gal - Princess Thomson Medical Center Feb 23
Phycyj - Princess Mount Elizabeth Mar 13

Currently 5 boys Vs 2 gals :001_302:

Boys seem like more than girls ya... Anymore princess?

NeyMO - Prince Thomson Medical Center Mar 1
Neuros - Prince
Purpleliciousmummy- Prince Thomson Medical Center Mar 22
Vodka-
Prince Mount A Mar 29
Teens09 - Prince Thomson Medical Center Mar 10

Apr Gal - Princess Thomson Medical Center Feb 23
Phycyj - Princess Mount Elizabeth Mar 13

PuTRi

Heehee... I also got breathless easily. Just walk to bus stop alrdy feel like i run a maraton.

My detail scan is only on 14th. Soooo far... I miss looking and get amazed by its free willing movement. Im quite sensitive & had felt baby moving since 12th week. Think maybe gonna be a naughty boy. There was tis day i was q-ing for a milkshake n there was hip hop music in background. I feel he start break-dancing. *omg* i put my hubbie hand on tummy. But he claims he cant feel his movement... -.-"'

chocolate07 - I felt the movement when I'm 20w 2d. The day before that I was telling my sils how come I still dun feel baby moving and they said said they only felt their babies nearing 3rd trimester not so early. Then I felt baby nudge me the following morning - he wants to prove them wrong? Hahaaa... Anyway, what I'm saying is dun worry if cannot feel yet. Everyone different, some feel early some late. Just wait for it patiently. :)

purplelicious - we're thinking of getting maid too after baby come out as a bit worried i can't cope on my own. but also a bit worried given all the horror stories we've heard plus not sure how comfortable we'd be to have a stranger staying with us... still pretty undecided...
neuros, i dont intend to hire a maid too.. but my MIL wants a maid to help her to take care of baby.. because she said she cannot handle.. i feel kinda "being played out" cuz initially before and when i just got married, she say she will take care since she's still young.. but now, when only 4+ mths left til baby delivery.. she say she need a maid.. which i feel it's not necessary.. financially, we can still afford it but i rather use the money on baby than on hiring maid..

someone pls get me out of all these problems..

smilem

NEUROS : is better that she voice out now (before u give birth), then while u doing your confinment..

neuros, i dont intend to hire a maid too.. but my MIL wants a maid to help her to take care of baby.. because she said she cannot handle.. i feel kinda "being played out" cuz initially before and when i just got married, she say she will take care since she's still young.. but now, when only 4+ mths left til baby delivery.. she say she need a maid.. which i feel it's not necessary.. financially, we can still afford it but i rather use the money on baby than on hiring maid..

NeyMO

Purplelicious, does your MIL very insisted to hire a maid or she just wanna to have more attention from your young couple? If she is very insisted then you might need to ask your hubby to settle it. Else you will be in quite difficult situation in handling this.. If she is the latter one, then it might be easier to handle as your MIL only need to have more attention and caring as she might think she is taking additional responsibility in taking care of bb and she wants more care from your couple... Old man is like this..

And the most important thing is communication. Try to get a good time and good environment (perhaps during outside dining) to understand your MIL's thought.

Good luck ya :001_302:

NeyMO

Heehee... I also got breathless easily. Just walk to bus stop alrdy feel like i run a maraton.

My detail scan is only on 14th. Soooo far... I miss looking and get amazed by its free willing movement. Im quite sensitive & had felt baby moving since 12th week. Think maybe gonna be a naughty boy. There was tis day i was q-ing for a milkshake n there was hip hop music in background. I feel he start break-dancing. *omg* i put my hubbie hand on tummy. But he claims he cant feel his movement... -.-"'
My hubby also could not have very strong feel of bb movement although our little boy has tried his best to show his existence.. LOL..Think it takes longer time for my hubby to feel it.. .Looking forward :001_302:

NeyMO

Neuros, mind to update our Gender Score Board?.. Thanks ya :001_302:

Purplelicious, does your MIL very insisted to hire a maid or she just wanna to have more attention from your young couple? If she is very insisted then you might need to ask your hubby to settle it. Else you will be in quite difficult situation in handling this.. If she is the latter one, then it might be easier to handle as your MIL only need to have more attention and caring as she might think she is taking additional responsibility in taking care of bb and she wants more care from your couple... Old man is like this..

And the most important thing is communication. Try to get a good time and good environment (perhaps during outside dining) to understand your MIL's thought.

Good luck ya :001_302:
i think she brought up the issue for 2nd or 3rd time.. and because of this, i argue with my hub..
my MIL wants to hire a maid for only 6 mths..
she claim she has found an agency which allows us to return the maid after 6 mths and to cancel and offset the contract and refund us all agent fees..

both my hubby and myself dont believe.. my hub decided to check out after back from taiwan trip.. my MIL feels that the amount of money used to hire a confinement lady is enough hire a maid for 6 mths.. so she sees that it's more worth that way..
my points on not having maid:

1) MIL say she will use 1 mth to train the maid and she only wanna hire those from kampong - this i think nt possible
2) i dun wan to handle any dispute between them during my confinement since i wanna rest
3) my house has no more rooms for the maid to sleep - cant possibly ask her sleep living room?
4) i think it's nt fair to send the maid home after 6 mths since she hasnt earn a single cent..
5) if any dispute, the maid go crazy and do funny things to my baby - this i will go crazy

now i only can wait for my hubby to go check out from the agency.. and prove my MIL wrong..

NeyMO

Yup, let your hubby and MIL settle it. I think your MIL could have other reasons to raise up this issue. Perhaps she doesn't want to take care of the bb and make some those things? But dun let this matter disturb u and affect your bb. Take care.

my sincere apologies that i complained here..

this is forum is meant for mummies to share joy and happiness and pregnancy journey yet i am making "noises" here..
=(

neuros

My hubby also could not have very strong feel of bb movement although our little boy has tried his best to show his existence.. LOL..Think it takes longer time for my hubby to feel it.. .Looking forward :001_302:
same here - i keep getting hubby to put his hand on my tummy wanna share the incredible feeling. i'll tell baby to kick hard for daddy but still he can't really feel it. think bb too young not strong enuff. hee...

neuros

my sincere apologies that i complained here..

this is forum is meant for mummies to share joy and happiness and pregnancy journey yet i am making "noises" here..
=(
no need to apologise, purplelicious. we're here to share, not just joy and happiness but also qns and problems too, yea?

hope all goes well with your mil and the maid.
for me i always used to think my mil will take care of my kids and i'll work as she's very good with childcare (all my sils kids are taken care of by her as well as some distant relatives' in the past). but then since i'm not working now it's only right i take care of my own kid myself and i want to do it too. but if i'm not doing that i'd probably hire a maid for her if she's helping to take care of my kid. it's very tiring for old folks to take care of babies especially if they've to do housework too. i've seen many frens mothers/mils who started off thinking they can do it but still run into problems eventually and end up having to get help - either hire maid or send kids to childcare etc.

NeyMO

I always think that my baby bump is growing bigger and bigger during night time. LOL Every morning I wake up then I realize there is an inch increase for my waistline : )

cagnes

Im still waiting for my bump to grow bigger .. Now still quite small, nobody can notice yet :/ hope bb is well inside

I always think that my baby bump is growing bigger and bigger during night time. LOL Every morning I wake up then I realize there is an inch increase for my waistline : )