EDD March 2013

l0r3tTa

nyukmooy:750418 said:
Hi Ior3tTa
Thank you for the information. Althought is S$6k, but not enought to last till primary education. Based on my friend's feedback, if we put our kids to play group class, and K1&K2. These 3 yrs will make you spend all the bonus amount(S$6k bonus +S$6k top up your own). Education fee is not cheap!!
Yeh, definitely not sufficient. I agree. Haha..

l0r3tTa

nyukmooy:750425 said:
Hi all mumies

Will you cut your hair short before your edd?
I have long hair, I won't cut. Cos if we are too hot. At least can just bun it up. If short hair, still have to maintain like monthly trims, otherwise we will look like auntie plus the lack of sleep. Haha

Ryca

Mummies,

i noticed theres white crust ard my nipple (looks like bread crumbs) ...i picked it out and it came back after 2days.. also i found a small lump in my armpit...is tat normal?

mhjt

Was told that it's dried breastmilk. So don't worry about that, also for now when taking a shower just rinse with water, no need to soap the nipple area. Not too sure about the lumps, maybe other mommies have an idea.

Mummies,

i noticed theres white crust ard my nipple (looks like bread crumbs) ...i picked it out and it came back after 2days.. also i found a small lump in my armpit...is tat normal?

nyukmooy

Mummies,

Hi Ryca
For the small lump and your nipple issue, is good to check with your gynae. Since gynae has already charge you consultation fee. Please call your gynae for advice.

nyukmooy

I have long hair, I won't cut. Cos if we are too hot. At least can just bun it up. If short hair, still have to maintain like monthly trims, otherwise we will look like auntie plus the lack of sleep. Haha
Hi all mumies

Yes is true, long hair no need to trim monthly. But, during confinement period, we can not wash our hair...scary!! I'm still thinking whether i should cut my hair to bob style or boy cut style. Right now, my hair is long. My mom said if i not cut my hair, you will sweat a lot during confinement due to eat a lot of hot food (confinement food) :(

Jkel

I also have a small lump under my armpit. I was told that it is breast tissue and is not of a concern. Probably you can check with your gynae if you are still worried about it.

l0r3tTa

Baby Gender Board March 2013

Currently 25 boys & 17 gals

NeyMO - Prince Thomson Medical Center Mar 1
blurbabe - Prince Mount A Mar 1
mhjt - Prince Singapore General Hospital Mar 3
l0r3tTa - Prince Mt Alvernia Hospital Mar 3
lemonade - Prince Mt Alvernia Hospital Mar 3
Mamasesame - Prince Mt Alvernia Hospital Mar 4
Neuros - Prince Mount Alvernia Hospital Mar 7
Fioray- Prince Thomson Medical Center Mar 8
teens09 - Prince Mount A Mar 10
nyukmooy - Prince Mount Elizabeth Mar 11
Milyve- Prince Mt A Mar 12
Ryca- Prince Raffles Hospital Mar 13
aps -
Prince Thomson Medical Center/Mount A Mar 16
Jujulim -
Prince Mar 18
gtss -
Prince Kandang Kerbau Hospital Mar 19
bersionr - Prince Kandang Kerbau Hospital Mar 19
Purpleliciousmummy- Prince Thomson Medical Center Mar 22
happy queen - Prince Mount A Mar 25
Dreamycoco - Prince Thomson Medical Center Mar 25
dee889 - Prince Mount Elizabeth Mar 23

wan81-
Prince Thomson Medical Center Mar 26
shinymint - Prince Thomson Medical Center Mar 27
Vodka- Prince Mount A Mar 29
Putri - Prince Kandang Kerbau Hospital Mar 31
Jkel - Prince Kandang Kerbau Hospital Mar 31

Apr Gal - Princess Thomson Medical Center Feb 23
LittleMiss - Princess Gleneagles Mar 4
luckymum - Princess "didn't mention which hospital" Mar 8
Pinkyinbaby - Princess Singapore General Hospital Mar 9
blurps - Princess Thomson Medical Center Mar 10
veryberry - Princess Kandang Kerbau Hospital Mar 11
Phycyj - Princess Mount Elizabeth Mar 13
MsSaggi- Princess Gleneagles Hospital Mar 14
Cagnes - Princess Thomson Medical Center Mar 15
Nurul Z - Princess Thomson Medical Center Mar 18
Smilem - Princess Thomson Medical Centre Mar 19-20
Susannanation - Princess Thomson Medical Centre Mar 22
Oqleong - Princess Mar 22
Pooi Yan - Princess Kandang Kerbau Hospital Mar 22
EQCM32 - Princess Mt A Mar 28
meijichoc - Princess Thomson Medical Center Mar 28
Latsyrct - Princess Mt A Mar ??

miffymiffy - TBC Thomson Medical Center Mar 16
Suzanne - TBC Mar 2013

l0r3tTa

Hi all mumies

Yes is true, long hair no need to trim monthly. But, during confinement period, we can not wash our hair...scary!! I'm still thinking whether i should cut my hair to bob style or boy cut style. Right now, my hair is long. My mom said if i not cut my hair, you will sweat a lot during confinement due to eat a lot of hot food (confinement food) :(
hee hee..nyukmooy, it is up to you really..
For me, I will still shower as usual. Of cos with warm water etc...first confinement I was doing that as well..

l0r3tTa

Hi all mumies

According today yahoo news, the one week government paid paternity leave and other new benefits only kick in 1 May 2013. I thought my hubby can takes one week leave to accompany me in March 2013... :( Please refer below link for more info yah.

yeh, only the paternity leave with effect of 1 May 2013. My hubby also disappointed. He thought he could be at home with us for the week. oh wells..

l0r3tTa

Mummies,

Hi Ryca,

yah, better to check with your gynae.

Could be breastmilk starting to accumulate and hence you get the white crust etc..
try massaging with downward stroke from the armpit to the nipples to guide the "milk" out from the lymph around there.. during shower..

nyukmooy

hee hee..nyukmooy, it is up to you really..
For me, I will still shower as usual. Of cos with warm water etc...first confinement I was doing that as well..
Yes, we can shower as usual but we cannot wash our hair for first month....some people told me if got wind go inside our head....is really a big problem!! Take medicine for whole life...quite scary!!

smilem

isnt if alredi implemented? this bb bonus is it the one tat if we bank in $6000 in the bank, govt will give equivalent amt to the bank?

but the paternity leave only apply to bb born after 1st May 2013 :(

check this out mummies...

Bigger baby bonus for us!! weeee....

$6000 for 1st and 2nd child born after Aug 26 2012. Previously was $4000

$8000 for 3rd and 4th child.. previously was $6000.

Bigger baby bonus and Medisave grants under marriage and parenthood measures

mamasesame

Baby bonus is not the dollar-for- dollar match. It is the one where they distribute in trenches. This is effective from 26 aug 2012. Theres no change for the dollar for dollar cdca account (the one with ocbc)..

the one week paternity leave will only be implemented in may 2013. Civil service starts 01 jan. for those fathers working with gov, can get :) gov encrg companies to start giving too. So I think can check with coy's HR if they will follow gov. Lets hope all companies follow!