EDD March 2013

Happymummy1994

Hi Happymummy1994, I do eat a lot. Thus far, I have gained 13kg. Guess most of the weight has gone to me instead of my baby.
Hmm.. Then eat more durian? Lots of mummies here ate durians and say it'll actually increase baby's weight? I'm not too sure ehh.. :embarrassed:

Ryca

Hi Ryca, pls share d recipe to boil d coconut wif black chicken n wats d benefit??
Apr gal,

the recipe for 1person:

2 drumstick/half chic (black)
1 whole coconut meat (the dried brown coconut)
about 8-10 wolfberries
about 6-8 pieces of 'tang shen' (can get from chinese meds shop like hock hua tonic)

* Clean & Remove the chicken skin, boil it in water for 5mins (just to remove the fats) - optional
* Crack coconut and get the meat out
* Add in Chicken, coconut, 'tang shen', wolfberries into slow cooker
* Add in water (just enough to cover all the ingredients)
* Put cooker to High and cook for 4 hours once the water starts to boil

This recipe is good to increase baby's weight and nourishes the body but can only drink for 2-3 times before delivery and also can be consumed during confinement period. Usually a good confinement lady will make this for u. This recipe is not cooling. Learned it from my Mom. :)

l0r3tTa

Teens09:752578 said:
Ya, as long as the baby is growing, it shld b fine.. Doc likely to induce my baby cos there is this one artery is not functioning well. We went to the doppler ultrascan..
Oh, no wonder u have to go for induce. Was it some heart artery that is not as efficient? How r u feeling about it?

Apr gal

Thanks for d recipe!!! Btw got my step down converter today!!!

Apr gal,

the recipe for 1person:

2 drumstick/half chic (black)
1 whole coconut meat (the dried brown coconut)
about 8-10 wolfberries
about 6-8 pieces of 'tang shen' (can get from chinese meds shop like hock hua tonic)

* Clean & Remove the chicken skin, boil it in water for 5mins (just to remove the fats) - optional
* Crack coconut and get the meat out
* Add in Chicken, coconut, 'tang shen', wolfberries into slow cooker
* Add in water (just enough to cover all the ingredients)
* Put cooker to High and cook for 4 hours once the water starts to boil

This recipe is good to increase baby's weight and nourishes the body but can only drink for 2-3 times before delivery and also can be consumed during confinement period. Usually a good confinement lady will make this for you. This recipe is not cooling. Learned it from my Mom. :)

Teens09

Oh, no wonder you have to go for induce. Was it some heart artery that is not as efficient? How r you feeling about it?
I think is some arteries that connect with the womb, there is left and right, so the left one is not functioning.. The doc is asking me to keep a look out of the baby movements and i am gg back to him every week to monitor the heart beat.. lucky is only 3 more weeks to induce, i have becoming so panicky and worried the whole time whether the baby is still with me.. -.-

l0r3tTa

Teens09:752792 said:
Oh, no wonder you have to go for induce. Was it some heart artery that is not as efficient? How r you feeling about it?
I think is some arteries that connect with the womb, there is left and right, so the left one is not functioning.. The doc is asking me to keep a look out of the baby movements and i am gg back to him every week to monitor the heart beat.. lucky is only 3 more weeks to induce, i have becoming so panicky and worried the whole time whether the baby is still with me.. -.-
Oh,cheer up teens09. You have come so far and I'm sure your baby is doing well. You sure is one strong mummy standing firm and doing what is needed to ensure his safe and healthy arrival. Any name for baby yet,we can keep him in prayers. ;)
Stay calm as baby can feel your feelings too..I'm very sure u have very supportive family and friends.

Ryca

Teens09,

I think mayb ur gynae was referring to Intrauterine Growth Restriction. I found another thread rgd to this and some mummies shared their experiences there - http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f84/if-born-weight-2-5kg-37-weeks-need-stay-icu-40666/ mayb u will feel better after reading it :) try to relax as much as possible, we will all pray for u :)

smilem

Is bought 2nd Medela freestyle pump frm forum mummy. She told me no need to buy stepdown transformer. Jz use traveller adaptor will do

Teens09

Thanks l0r3tTa & Ryca, my hubby also ask me not to worry too much.. But actually for first timer to be gg thru all these is quite scary.. i do hav some bad dreams and phobia of going to hospital.. i guess mommies really worried too much =/

I have been getting some tummy cramps when baby is moving too strong, do you mommies have this experience? Sometimes i might yell and stop walking..

Ryca

Thanks l0r3tTa & Ryca, my hubby also ask me not to worry too much.. But actually for first timer to be gg thru all these is quite scary.. i do hav some bad dreams and phobia of going to hospital.. i guess mommies really worried too much =/

I have been getting some tummy cramps when baby is moving too strong, do you mommies have this experience? Sometimes i might yell and stop walking..
Tats very normal, my baby jab me too and sometimes i cant walk whn he moves actively. Sometimes i feel like my womb is goin to burst lol.

smilem

Me too. At strike when she turning around. I felt tummy very hard n giddy. I will talk to my bb. N the pain will slowly gone. U try talking to your bb. :)

mhjt

If anyone of you girls are Robinson card holder, please let me know of there's a private sale. Am waiting to go with a friend to get breast pump when on sale :)

Thanks!!

PuTRi

Ah... I tot its only me who felt giddy n cant continue walking wen baby moves while i walked! Im getting super fatique, loss of appetite, becoming couch potato. Wanna take aftnn naps also difficult as i xperience heartburn, breathlessness & feel like vomitting.