EDD May 2010 ~ Little Tiger

Mummy.c

back from my OSCAR scan today. Real tiring experience for me... 3 hours @ the clinic, 4 scans, a lot of shaking and probing, 6 cups of water, 1 breakfast and walking round and round Thomson Medical Center... finally.... at the 4th scan 3 hours later, baby decided to be slightly more cooperative, and the radiographer got all the necessary readings.
Think I visited all the radiographers on duty this morning. haha. the 1st lady who did the scan for me at around 8am was quite surprised to see me still around at 1030am.
to all the other may mummies-to-be, all the best for your scans. dont't worry, i think i am only 1 of the few not so lucky ones who got to spend that few hours. most the other ladies who were after me, managed to finish their scans in 1 try.
now praying hard for good results...
HAHA. But may i ask what is radiographer? Cuz i haven go to a proper hospital yet. I just went to clinic for normal scan only. :eek:

radiographer is the person who does the ultrasound scan @ the ultrasound clinic. don't really know how to explain. but that's what written on the name tags of all the very friendly and nice ladies. =P
the oscar scan is very much like the normal scan @ the gynae. but need to take some measurements, can hear bb heartbeat too, den includes a blood test also lar. to test for down syndrome one.
but today quite fun lar, can see bb "waving" at me. hoho...

sidetrack: TMC also offers 3D and 4D scans. quite interesting. can see the baby's face and baby moving like in a video. maybe do later after 2nd tri. not sure how much though.

soapsoap

i going for my scan tomorrow hope baby can finish the scan faster..... i now 13 week and 1 day have already gain 3 kg.... all mummy here jia you:Dancing_wub:

Mummy.c

radiographer is the person who does the ultrasound scan @ the ultrasound clinic. dont't really know how to explain. but that's what written on the name tags of all the very friendly and nice ladies. =P
the oscar scan is very much like the normal scan @ the gynae. but need to take some measurements, can hear baby heartbeat too, then includes a blood test also . to test for down syndrome one.
but today quite fun , can see baby "waving" at me. hoho...

sidetrack: Thomson Medical Center also offers 3D and 4D scans. quite interesting. can see the baby's face and baby moving like in a video. maybe do later after 2nd tri. not sure how much though.
o0. thanks for explaining. HAHA! So gd gt picture of ur scan? Can see gender le mah? HA! :001_302:

Luckyone

Re: Baby Heartbeat

So now you more than 58kg ? I around your weight, 56 or 7 before pregnant (height=160 only). But i weighted last week myself, is 54.2kg same height. :wong29: I guess cause of my MS (puking) made me like that. :embarrassed:
Just went check up last Sat. Compare with 2 weeks ago, I put on weight 0.02kg (now 61.7) not so bad :001_302:. I saw my baby start to move and sharking around through the scan. The little one s~~~o cute. Really can't wait to hold my baby on my arm:Dancing_wub:

Luckyone

back from my OSCAR scan today. Real tiring experience for me... 3 hours @ the clinic, 4 scans, a lot of shaking and probing, 6 cups of water, 1 breakfast and walking round and round Thomson Medical Center... finally.... at the 4th scan 3 hours later, baby decided to be slightly more cooperative, and the radiographer got all the necessary readings.
Think I visited all the radiographers on duty this morning. haha. the 1st lady who did the scan for me at around 8am was quite surprised to see me still around at 1030am.
to all the other may mummies-to-be, all the best for your scans. dont't worry, i think i am only 1 of the few not so lucky ones who got to spend that few hours. most the other ladies who were after me, managed to finish their scans in 1 try.
now praying hard for good results...
I'm going to do my Down Syndrome Test tomorrow too. My Gynae said the result will be out 4 to 5 days. I estimated later next Tue should received the result. But will be su~~per worry before receive it loh:embarrassed:. Good Luck to both of us:001_302:

Luckyone

HAHA. But may i ask what is radiographer? Cuz i have not go to a proper hospital yet. I just went to clinic for normal scan only. :eek:
Hi Mummy.c, I think maybe it's time to consider go hospital? I may miss some of the scan and checking (just sugguestion) :001_302:

Mummy.c

Hi Mummy.c, I think maybe it's time to consider go hospital? I may miss some of the scan and checking (just sugguestion) :001_302:
haha! very soon after my bf break the news to his parents and i moved over to my bf's house. I will be visiting the normal clinic de scan on my 16weeks and 3th days... which is another 2weeks lai that. HA! :Dancing_wub:

mummy c. quickly go see a proper gynae ya. think there are a couple of important scans and checkups to do before 3rd (blood test, oscar-optional) and between 4th and 5th month (more blood test to test for other birth defects).

Luckyone

Hi, me went for blood n D/S test yetersday. Draw 3 tube of blood. I don't dare to see the nurse when she draw the blood from me. Result will only be out 2 days later...super worry...
I saw my little daring yesterday! was very active! Keep turning, moving around and "swimming" s~~o cu~~te:001_302:

blueturtle, when will you get your result?

Last edited:
Hi, me went for blood n D/S test yetersday. Draw 3 tube of blood. I dont't dare to see the nurse when she draw the blood from me. Result will only be out 2 days later...super worry...
I saw my little daring yesterday! was very active! Keep turning, moving around and "swimming" s~~o cu~~te:001_302:

blueturtle, when will you get your result?
i only draw 1 tube of blood. shd be able to get the results tmr. really worried now. hope everything will be ok.

Jo90

When I went for the Oscar Test in my 12th, i got the result rather fast (took the test in the morning, then results in the evening same day).

It's only when the oscar report on my blood showed that I may have risk of thalassemia, i went for another blood test and waited 3 days for the results.

It's cfm that i've traits of thalassemia, but luckily my hb dun have it. So overall the results turned out well.

So ladies out there, dun worry too much abt the oscar test.

Hee.. next week i'm going for my 16th week scan, hopefully can see the gender of my bb. =)

Luckyone

Down Syndrome Test Result

Hi all, My morning sick seem gone?
Maybe because I'm in 2nd trimester now:Dancing_wub:Tuesday went for D/S test so surprised that doctor said according to my baby size, I'm 13 weeks 3 days and not 12 weeks 5 days:eek: No wonder now I can start feel my little one movement. Esp in the afternoon. Very active one :001_302:

Yeap! I've just received call from KK. I'm moderate!! The nurse said due to my age below 300 is "high rise" Above 1000 is others....(not sure what's it) I'm 600 so, passed!! Now next step is "Detail Scan" start to worry again.... I also dont't understand why I like to worry :001_302:. I'm going to see my gynae 28 Nov.
Bythat time, I'm about 16 weeks. dont't know can see my baby's gender? Can't wait to buy cute clothing for my little one:shyxxx:I saw cute rabbit one piece at Takashimaya, selling in light blue and pink.. I think I can't wait.. I will buy the blue one.. since is light blue, boy or girl also can wear hor :001_302:

Last edited:
i also got back my results today. a few more days to end of 1st tri. results were good too. got 1:xxxxx for the D/S test. so considered quite very good. could see bb waving at me again, stretched, bounced up and down, and he/she turned ard to show off his/her butt. haha... gynae say can't tell the gender now, try again in 4 weeks time.
all the best to all other may mummies to be who will be going for their scans soon!