EDD May 2011

whomovedmycheese

my baby is girl, born on 25th May, 1 day later than u. i remembered u becos I started to feel pain right after read your delivery post at 11pm sth.. hahaha...sounds like yesterday..
my girl is 8.1kg.. remember urs already approaching to 8kg at Nov?
Haha didn't know my story was so inspiring. She fell sick for quite some time in Dec that she had to be on the nebuliser. She didn't put on weight till recently. Are you still on bf?

lsy

Hi bbanna, I dunno bout my girl weight now. Starting not being obsessed by it coz I see she look active n playful. Same if she really wanted to drink she can drink within 5 mins via bottle but at infant care when they attempt to feed 3hrly they have to spend 2 session feeding her just 120ml. Usually they will try once then another round 1 hr later. So after 1 hr milk expires and will be discarded. But at home I just keep trying like every 5-10 mins until she finishes 150ml.
She's taking 2 solid feed in centre. I think she could be around 7.1kg only by now.
I'm still latching 2-3 times at night. So I think she is taking bout 500ml -600ml in 24 hrs+ 2 solids.
It's either she is too active n burn all her calories otherwise my ebm not fatty enough to put on her weight lol

bbanna

Haha didn't know my story was so inspiring. She fell sick for quite some time in Dec that she had to be on the nebuliser. She didn't put on weight till recently. Are you still on bf?
nebuliser? sounds serious... hope she is fine now! During last dec, i also fall sick myself, lot of coughing virus around office & public. yes i still continue bf, still pump 1 or 2 times in office, but supply dropped alot, thinking of start try FM b4 the frozen milk going to finish. are u still continue bf?

bbanna

Hi bbanna, I dont know bout my girl weight now. Starting not being obsessed by it coz I see she look active n playful. Same if she really wanted to drink she can drink within 5 mins via bottle but at infant care when they attempt to feed 3hrly they have to spend 2 session feeding her just 120ml. Usually they will try once then another round 1 hr later. So after 1 hr milk expires and will be discarded. But at home I just keep trying like every 5-10 mins until she finishes 150ml.
She's taking 2 solid feed in centre. I think she could be around 7.1kg only by now.
I'm still latching 2-3 times at night. So I think she is taking bout 500ml -600ml in 24 hours+ 2 solids.
It's either she is too active n burn all her calories otherwise my ebm not fatty enough to put on her weight lol
isy,u must be still working hard in pumping, right? i also latch 2-3 times at night, recently becomes more frequent than b4, don't know why..if she sleep at 10 after latch on, she normally can still wake up at 1,3 and 6 sth.! think your baby all the while is active type, can she stand up walking now? haha.. besides ebm and solid, any other supplementary ur baby take? like baby dha?

lsy

isy,u must be still working hard in pumping, right? i also latch 2-3 times at night, recently becomes more frequent than b4, don't know why..if she sleep at 10 after latch on, she normally can still wake up at 1,3 and 6 sth.! think your baby all the while is active type, can she stand up walking now? haha.. besides ebm and solid, any other supplementary ur baby take? like baby dha?
bbanna, i think couple of us all in same situation. Supply dipping and freezer stash diminishing. Yes our baby showing same signs too...latching more nowadays. Last time after each latch can last her 5-6hrs then next feed again. At night even need to wake up to pump but nowadays like what u said latch at 10pm - 1am/2am then 4:30am and sometimes again at 6am. So i wake up empty no need to pump lol.

Yes she can push a aided walker on her own now. She even discovered she can push the plastic stool and use that to walk too. Still dont dare to let go of support and try her first step though.

What did you baby take that makes her weight 8.1kg? My girl still very tiny. Caught cold for almost 4 -5 times already. I did not give her other supp but i did bought cod liver oil which i tried feeding her when she was having cold previously. Now inside the fridge untouched lol.

Right now im down with cold for a week already and pathetic pump output...think if this prolong i will intro fm. My target now is to hang on till 1 year old.

bbanna

Isy, we really sacrificed lots of our engery & time to provide our baby the best food..I don't know how long I can still hung there, hopefully can last another 3 mth..as quite tiring already, sometimes felt jealous when hear some aunti downstairs talk abt their grandchild in similar mth can drink fm up to 200ml and can sleep throughout the night...
Your baby brave ah, my girl don't like to be put in the walker still. Hehe..
Besides ebm and cereal/cookie, we cook porridge with chicken, fish and pork. Each one a very small piece, cook together with brocoli, Chinese cabbage, carrot. She can take 1.5-2 cups in 1 day. I think perhaps this makes her gain weight.

lsy

Isy, we really sacrificed lots of our engery & time to provide our baby the best food..I don't know how long I can still hung there, hopefully can last another 3 mth..as quite tiring already, sometimes felt jealous when hear some aunti downstairs talk abt their grandchild in similar mth can drink fm up to 200ml and can sleep throughout the night...
Your baby brave ah, my girl don't like to be put in the walker still. Hehe..
Besides ebm and cereal/cookie, we cook porridge with chicken, fish and pork. Each one a very small piece, cook together with brocoli, Chinese cabbage, carrot. She can take 1.5-2 cups in 1 day. I think perhaps this makes her gain weight.
bbanna, yes i think i feel the same too when other babies on scheduled feed and able to quietly drink finish. Anyway, to make myself feel better at times i will tell myself my little girl know exactly how much she needs and she is not overfed.
Oh i didnt use those traditional sit in-side walker, im using those type like fisher price, playskool,ELC kinda push along walker.

My girl can take 5-6 tablespoon at each feed for the porridge. Twice daily. In school she had 1 porridge and 1 cereal.
Sigh think if im a SAHM i will be able to feed her better and gain reasonable weight. :( Hope she will catch up next time when eat more solid.

azzzima

Hi bbanna yes very short period within 5-10mins. My supply dropped like crazy almost intro fm but I m still the 'selfish' stubborn mum. Still insist on bf my baby. Haha. So back to square one pump every 3 hours with my dual pump and playcheat I pump before I feed her. Usually must pump after feed baby right as I had read somewhere in the net. Still holding on same here at least 1 year old!!!

lsy

Hi All,

We were thinking of a group gathering of May mummies outdoor somewhere in June. By then our babies are all 1 yr old already. Probably Botanic garden? Anyone keen?

We can bring our kiddo to picnic :)
Anyone joining June gathering?

lsy

My baby girl made a breakthrough today. She finally took her steps without support. Seeing her so tiny at merely 7.3kg walking around so heart warming.

bbanna

My baby girl made a breakthrough today. She finally took her steps without support. Seeing her so tiny at merely 7.3kg walking around so heart warming.
clap for her! she can walk so early! my girl still walk with support, her movement is getting fast.. can your girl know how to sit down resting while she walk around? I saw some baby just know how to walk and don't dare to sit down from standing pose but already very tiring.. cute

belovedchloe

Hi Mummies,

Hope you can give me advice!

My daughter refuses to sleep when I put her in the cot. She will stand up, cruise around the cot, roll around, do anything but sleep.

But the thing is, she is tired and will only sleep when I carry her in my arms (to stop her from moving about).

Surely, there is a better way to make her sleep by herself. My arms are breaking cos she's close to 10kg and needs to be carried between 15mins to 2 hours!

whomovedmycheese

Recently my baby has been the same, refuse to sleep when she sees me. So I would let my hb put her in bed while I pretend to sleep. My hb would let her roll around till she's tired. We don't practice carry to sleep since young, coz it's not really a good habit. Btw, your baby is really big! Reaching 10kg! Feed breastmilk or formula?

belovedchloe

yeah..we also know its a bad habit to carry. she used to be able to sleep by herself but that stopped after she learn how to flip and crawl.

my daughter is on FM but she doesn't really drinks that much. She eats more, with cereal 3x a day or porridge for dinner.

lsy

clap for her! she can walk so early! my girl still walk with support, her movement is getting fast.. can your girl know how to sit down resting while she walk around? I saw some baby just know how to walk and don't dare to sit down from standing pose but already very tiring.. cute
Hi bbanna we can get mosquito repellant patch lol.I will check out Bishan park this weekend coz they newly revamp see suitable for picnic or not. Date not decided yet.

She has been cruising on her own for bout 1.5 months. Using those push walker to walk on her own too. Only that day she balance herself and took her steps really slowly. Funniest thing is when she about to lose her grip she will squat down booths hands on floor to regain balance and attempt to stand and walk again.
That day when she saw me far away she was standing and smiling but end up cheekily crawl to me coz too far for her to walk lol

Hello all ,
it has been a while i didn't come by here.. hope all May 2011 mummies are doing great .. so soon that our babies going to be 1 yr old ..
Currently my girl can take 160-180 ml milk , 4 times a day, 2 BM , and 2 FM.. i am going to wean her off from BM by 1 yr old. 3 solid meal, morning cereal , porridge for lunch and dinner.. dunno how many spoon but i satisfied with the amount...
Bad habit for my girl is she still take pacifier , need to carry to sleep and still sleep sarong.. light sleeper.. can stand with support , can crawl well but not walking yet .. recently just has 2 teeth erupted from the bottom.. still very small size.. her chubby face no more.. recently weight is 8kg.. at 10 mth 2 weeks.
I don't mind the gathering, botanical garden is great.. or may be Hort park? hehe not sure