EDD May 2012 Mummies!

climsp

would we know the test result immediately? I was caught by surprise that I was asked to remove my pants as I was only told that I need to do this when I lied on the bed..
mine result took abt 4days to know. i took the test cos complain abt cramp n discharges. i dun have yeast infection then took another urine test, result same day know, i got UTI.

my baby hiccups is abt the same like i hiccup, just now he is head down feel uncomfortable.
now feeling the braxton hick contraction n tightness like every hr, keep pee every 30min.

hope is not sign of early labour. i read from here

http://www.babycenter.com.sg/pregnancy/labourandbirth/labour/howknowwheninlabour/

Signs of the approach of labour include:
  • Lightening (when the baby's head begins to drop into position in your pelvis). You may notice that you can breathe more deeply and eat more, but you'll also need to wee more frequently.
  • Your vaginal discharge becomes heavier and more mucous.
  • You'll have more frequent and noticeably more intense braxton hick contractions.
  • You may have loose bowels.

Last edited:

esoterice

climsp, I also have the tummy tightening feeling quite often, but its not painful, just weird and uncomfortable. Guess that should be alright? Just our uterus preparing and practising for the real thing.

climsp

climsp, I also have the tummy tightening feeling quite often, but its not painful, just weird and uncomfortable. Guess that should be alright? Just our uterus preparing and practising for the real thing.
hope i can drag to this sat to see gynea. if false alarm, gynea going to say i too kanchiong and worry again.
having more contraction today. mine is pain sometime. now just take down the timing for each contraction, then see how.
1st time mummy, then always got ask my collg every now n then when due date, make me more kanchiong.

Rukia

I find that my baby's hiccups feels like heartbeat...

I got a very silly question. Do we need to get rid of the hair down there before giving birth? Especially when we are going to have episiotomy?

Rzena

Don't they shave you before they do such procedures?
Hmm... i'm not sure either.

I got a very silly question. Do we need to get rid of the hair down there before giving birth? Especially when we are going to have episiotomy?

climsp

i did ask my collg b4, u can shave or wax off, but if not clean, nurse will shave for u again. during my cyst operation i shave all but nurse find it not clean help me shave again. i thinking of wax it, but scare pain, nvr try b4.

Rukia

i did ask my collg b4, u can shave or wax off, but if not clean, nurse will shave for u again. during my cyst operation i shave all but nurse find it not clean help me shave again. i thinking of wax it, but scare pain, nvr try b4.
Can wax? I was thinking if i should go wax it off cos after episiotomy, if the hair grows back. Wonder if it will itch.

But also worried i cant take the pain of waxing; later trigger contractions :S

miracle25

hope i can drag to this sat to see gynea. if false alarm, gynea going to say i too kanchiong and worry again.
having more contraction today. mine is pain sometime. now just take down the timing for each contraction, then see how.
1st time mummy, then always got ask my collg every now n then when due date, make me more kanchiong.
hi climsp,

you are not alone.. I also asked my colleagues every now and then when I have questions.. and since 31 weeks, every visit I go to my gynae I'll ask him if the baby has started to turn downwards.. and he commented I'm a kanchiong mother.. haha... lucky for me I guess, the baby's head is getting downwards though not engaged.. gynae say not so fast engage..

usually by when the baby will be engaged?

climsp

i try last week, using mirror, go by feeling lo. hahaha. dun think hubby dare to help me. i will scare also.
actually shave is more itchy. shave onli last a few days.

dun think is embarrass, they must be use to it.:001_302:

miracle25

MY friend say get hubby to shave...
Is it ok if I jus leave it to the nurse, thou embarrassing....
I think easiest is to wait for the nurse to shave.. I asked my mum she said back then 20-30yrs back, she was also shaved down there when giving birth to us.. yes agreed it'll be embarassing but since we have to open up our legs for labor, it doesnt make any difference if the nurse is shaving..

miracle25

i try last week, using mirror, go by feeling lo. hahaha. dun think hubby dare to help me. i will scare also.
actually shave is more itchy. shave onli last a few days.

dun think is embarrass, they must be use to it.:001_302:
I tried to shave using mirror too.. but still not as clean as I want it to be cos we still have to bend to see the mirror so I go by feeling too..

climsp

hi climsp,

you are not alone.. I also asked my colleagues every now and then when I have questions.. and since 31 weeks, every visit I go to my gynae I'll ask him if the baby has started to turn downwards.. and he commented I'm a kanchiong mother.. haha... lucky for me I guess, the baby's head is getting downwards though not engaged.. gynae say not so fast engage..

usually by when the baby will be engaged?
my baby's head is down since the check up at 28 week. i feel like his head is lower now, cos will feel the pain near vaginal area when he move his head. hope he will stay to 37week. cos of UTI, abit kanchiong he will be out earlier.

Meilynn

Meilynn, I bought the Nanny milk bags which the seller happened to advertise on this forum also. Seems not bad but I got no comparison cos I've only used this brand.

http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f81/best-quality-most-economical-breastmilk-storage-bags-nanny-60406/

Price seems reasonable la. I have to get a lot of storage cos of my baby's long-term stay in ICU. Those bags from known brands are definitely more expensive. Lansinoh seems to be a popular choice when I googled.
I m thinking of buying the nanny storage bag also but guess will wait until my delivery to see if milk supply alot. Think good value but was worried cos only sold online. Thks for the inform.

Btw, ur princess gaining more weight now? Did the dr said she can go home earlier?